American Le Mans Series Season VI [Round 6: Monterey 01/11/2013]

What should the damage type be for this season?

• Light Damage (With Cautions)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Light Damage (No Cautions)

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Heavy Damage (With Cautions)

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Heavy Damage (No Cautions)

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The cars aren't equal everywhere, they never will be. But over a season they should equal out with the different tracks favoring different cars.

The thing is, the Judd GV5 is half a second faster than the C60 hybrid at most the tracks I've ran. That's with or without the extra wing from GT Auto. The Courage Peugeot is so twitchy it's retarded to drive. It's too sensitive, and almost the opposite of the Audi R10 in the game. While the R10 seems to be bad with turn in and switchbacks, the Courage is good but too good. Too much steering input wants to make the car turn around. But if you don't steer hard you won't make the turn correctly. I'm not trying to get a handout because I'm using the GV5. I want the cars on pace with eachother, and the GV5 is faster.

Perhaps I should switch from the Peugeot, then. I can feel myself being overly careful with it, like you said the back end comes out super easily. I think I need some practice sessions with you or FH.

I have NAT type 2 bandwidth very high too. I'm wired to the ps3. Cable internet and also have a router that was top of the line 3 months ago.

I'm stumped then. Possibly try different hosts? I also heard that upload speed is critical also. I know mine is low. Or at least it seems low. Here is my latest test. I dont know if upload is "normal" or what.

Really wish I was American.

Very good work in the OP. Looks a really attractive series.

Looks really well organised and I wished there was a European GTP variant haha.

Tez lives across the pond and he's in the series. Not sure how late it is over there when we start. But we could always use more drivers. 👍

Perhaps I should switch from the Peugeot, then. I can feel myself being overly careful with it, like you said the back end comes out super easily. I think I need some practice sessions with you or FH.

I'm in the same boat as you. I brake way to early going into the turns. Its harder for me to tune as well. These cars have so much down force compared to GT its hard to point out any flaws.

And GT is nowhere near rFactor as far as driving goes. Feels more arcade like. GT also lets you get away with the late braking and a heavy foot on the throttle. Only reason I havent fully switched over is because my computer is the main computer for the house now. Looking to buy another one when it gets closer to Christmas. But its either that or a playseat. :)

Last edited:
ALMS is a 1am start here in the UK. It's fine for me since I'm up til 3am most weekends anyway.

I'm running of an access point some 30m away from the main router indoors. Again, the access point is wired. PS3 Wired to that. Even my PC is wired.

I noticed the same thing but ther peugeot is the only one of the three I was able to get. Imo it is a little twitchy, but I feel that it was mostly because of the track. At a track with a more even surface it should do well.

Also what track will we be testing next? Id like to do some more preseason stuff so I can decide if I want to go with pc.

I noticed the same thing but ther peugeot is the only one of the three I was able to get. Imo it is a little twitchy, but I feel that it was mostly because of the track. At a track with a more even surface it should do well.

Also what track will we be testing next? Id like to do some more preseason stuff so I can decide if I want to go with pc.

I tried it at Indy, it's really fast on the straights, but you hit turns 5 and 6 then the car acts crazy.

The only thing making this ALMS at this point is the challenge class. Feel free to join!

I vote grand valley full as well my favorite original track in gt 5. I miss complex string :(.

Tested GV Speedway gettin mid 42s in the Peugeot. Also was havin fun setting the car up there, gonna have to swich to pc. Ill edit my sign up post. My only concern is having a small lmp field again this season.

Last edited:
Team Extreme has signed a full time sponsor for the ALMS GT class & USCC GT class. The sponsor is Falken Tire.

You take this a little too seriously, James.

Mind you I can't say much, when I write in detail documenting races here and/or in B-Spec. You could argue that I'm just adding an air of creativity and excitement to what would otherwise be kinda boring and pointless.

Ran a few laps at Grand Valley last night, GT should shoot for high 1.52s to low 1.53s.

picture.php

Here is the paint scheme what does everyone think?

Well, I'm officially out. I suppose you can put me on reserves, but YLOD came back two days later. The longer-term fix of taking the thing apart with a heat gun and whatever whatever is something I'm not going to get around to anytime soon. And in some instances it doesn't work (for instance the power supply is bad). No money for a new system. Sooo good luck everyone.

Tower Turn 13
Well, I'm officially out. I suppose you can put me on reserves, but YLOD came back two days later. The longer-term fix of taking the thing apart with a heat gun and whatever whatever is something I'm not going to get around to anytime soon. And in some instances it doesn't work (for instance the power supply is bad). No money for a new system. Sooo good luck everyone.

There's a youtube video on how to do that but you need to go to radio shack and get some circuit board glue. Cant remember the name of it. It works, I've done 4 or 5 PlayStations and it worked till it was time to get a new one. But most important it gets the game out!!

Maybe I can do it. Might even be able to do it before the season begins. It's probably easier than it seems. Built a few PCs so can't be harder than that. I'll give it a try when I have time.

Maybe I can do it. Might even be able to do it before the season begins. It's probably easier than it seems. Built a few PCs so can't be harder than that. I'll give it a try when I have time.

I hope you can solve the problem. I've never had YLOD *knocks on wood* but I know a friend that has. He ended up having to get a new PS3.

Thank you. We accept anyone from any region, but I think it's the time factor you're talking about.

I would prefer something not on our schedule. Grand Valley maybe?

Gogatrs already has Suzuka for next week, and Nurburgring the following week. When he gets back on, I'll talk to him and see what he thinks.

Hopefully you can get the situation sorted out. I'll keep you on reserve until you can get it fixed.

I was also going to add that the online physics are looser than the offline physics, so the online physics are more forgiving than they should be.

The plan was Suzuka and Nurb for preseason.
We can swap Suzuka for GV, if everyone wants to.

Tower Turn 13

All you need is that stuff from radio shack, a good heat gun (not a hair dryer!!) and about 1-2 hours. Just make sure you follow the directions from the youtube video. Just heat the graphic card not the board. Oh yeah rubbing alcohol pads for getting the old graphic card stuff off. What happens (YLOD) the graphic card gets too hot and pulls away from the board. Once you do it once you can do it in about hour.

Thanks, TG2. Being poor, I'm going to have to straddle down and do this method. The hairdryer worked, for a DAY. And probably did damage to everything else in the meantime. Sigh. Nothing is that easy, I should know better.

GTP Username: unrealanthony
PSN ID: unrealanthony
Class: PC .
Vehicle: Judd GV5
Number: 68
Team:
Tire:
Reserve: full time

Last edited:
I have a day off work tomorrow so will have a go in the PC cars or atleast which ones I have and see which I want 👍.

Also do we need a sponsor in PC? Or just a team name?

I have a day off work tomorrow so will have a go in the PC cars or atleast which ones I have and see which I want 👍.

Also do we need a sponsor in PC? Or just a team name?

Just a team name. The team name can reflect a sponsor if you want.

Ah ok I'll try think of one doesn't seem to matter as everyone seems to be their own team :lol:.

Tower Turn 13
Thanks, TG2. Being poor, I'm going to have to straddle down and do this method. The hairdryer worked, for a DAY. And probably did damage to everything else in the meantime. Sigh. Nothing is that easy, I should know better.

Stuff from radio shack is $5-10, heat gun from harbor freight is $5-10, time taking your ps3 apart priceless. Thanks sony.

Oh don't forget to hook up your blue tooth, that sucks when you forget!!!
Get it hooked up, it turns on, you say "YES" and your controllers don't work!! Done it.

Back