American Le Mans Series Season VI [Round 6: Monterey 01/11/2013]

What should the damage type be for this season?

• Light Damage (With Cautions)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Light Damage (No Cautions)

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Heavy Damage (With Cautions)

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Heavy Damage (No Cautions)

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
paulmac2k9
No cautions.. Uneeded in light damage races :P.

It's kinda cool when they make the end of a race close...

Not sure how long these races are, but if they're under a hour I wouldn't even think about cautions.

GTP Username: FlyinHawaiian77
PSN ID: FlyinHawaiian77
Class: PC
Vehicle: C60 Hybride
Number: 77
Team: FLR Flyin Lion Racing
Tire: Michelin
Full Time

Outstanding job with the thread Stormy. Looks really good.

First season in the next class up. Hope I can compete with the veterans.

Last edited:
paulmac2k9
With you on track.. Hmm let me think.. Na.. :sly:

Good choice. I just think we should use cautions because of what happen to me in Daytona last season.
cnd01
Anyone up for a few laps?

Not me not tonight anyways.

Here is what would probably happen with Heavy Damage & me:

Turn 1 lap 17 195 MPH braking braking not enough BOOM into the wall cars junk gotta drive all the way back to the pits. Two battling PC pass and I lose it in the final two corners and wreck them.

Last edited:
Just noticed that I am the only one currently using Falkens. Y NO ONE LIKE FALKENS?

No cautions.. Uneeded in light damage races :P.

I prefer heavy damage, if we're doing cautions, but I'll stay out of the decision making this time around. Just a preference. Otherwise it does feel kinda superficial...

Tire choices, PC has to use the spec tire :)

Otherwise I like Falken

If no one has noticed yet I would like to point out that there is a list of sponsors that everyone can & may use for there car. You may not see one on the list that I put in my registration form. That's because that one is one I picked up on my own. The list is located in the OP.

I prefer heavy damage, if we're doing cautions, but I'll stay out of the decision making this time around. Just a preference. Otherwise it does feel kinda superficial...

Tire choices, PC has to use the spec tire :)

Otherwise I like Falken

Personally, I'd go with heavy damage as well, but is not up to me for the final decision.

Tires will have to be spread as evenly as possible for the GT class. The PC class can only use Michelin and thus, have no Tire Manufacturer Challenge. Hankook tires are not a valid selection either. I saw two entries (one which corrected himself) with this brand. Please select from between Dunlop, Falken, Michelin, or Yokohama for the GT class. This is how it is in the actual series.

I have no problem with Falken, but Michelin does have better reliability if I recall correctly. Except for when it comes to the rain, then Falken outperforms all other brands.

The Registration List has also been updated. Please take a look at your named column. If you see text highlighted in red, then that information should be supplied as soon as possible.

The OP has also been updated with an example list of sponsors and/or color schemes based off of the sponsors.

The C60 Hybrid gets an extra wing in GT Auto, then the cars aren't even. 👍

I was not aware of this, and it's true. This is also true for the PlayStation R8 LMP if I recall correctly. So do not install an extra wing. This will have to be up to the honor system as the Hybride looks the same with these "extra" wings. Why does it have extra wings by the way and the others don't?

paulmac2k9
He is right now that I think of it...

We can enforce a PP limit too... or get rid of the Hybride.
Whichever you guys would prefer. My vote would be to get rid of the Hybride.
Thanks for pointing this out Seth.

stupidstormy36
I was not aware of this, and it's true. So do not install an extra wing. This will have to be up to the honor system as the Hybride looks the same with these "extra" wings. Why does it have extra wings by the way and the others don't?

I believe it has to do with the fact that the team came out with a new aero package mid season that year IRL.

The Performance Points I get for each PC car at these specs (483/950) and max downforce are 634 (Hybride Judd), 635 (Judd GV5), and 640 (Courage - Puegeot).

I'd like to join, but PC's are much too simple, and I'm not a fan of GT. The hybrid isn't that much better with the extra wing. I think some of the newer guys would be better suited in that car. The GV5 is the car I used at the end of season IV when everyone else gave up on LMP1. I won with it pretty easily at LaSarthe. If LMP class comes back let me know. Season IV's regs would be perfect especially with the new tire wear.

THAT_GUY_2
Gtp: THAT_GUY_2
Psn: THAT_GUY_2 aka TG2
Class: GT, RUF is back!
Team: ?
Tires: ?
Full Time

Looks great stormy!!!

Tires: Michelin
Team: TRG no sponsor just TRG blue

How are we going to do cautions? Does someone need to be watching the race at all times? Then they say caution? Because if someone's behind at the end of the race they could fake a wreck and tighten up the field so they can take advantage of a caution.

Few thoughts as I read through the rules.
1) ANY collisions caused by zigzagging on the warm up lap will be dealt with harshly
2) You SHOULD be able to pass as soon as the leader crosses the start line and the green has dropped, you shouldn't have to wait until you pass the line
3) Both classes should start together, no spacing in between
4) For disconnection forgiveness, you should recieve half points for whatever is last place
5) I'm fine with heavy damage, but not so much with cautions. I'd rather not do cautions.
6) Finally, race distance is going to be changed, give me a few and I'll tell you guys to what...

EDIT: 250 KM race distance except for Monacote which will be 200 or so.
Le Mans might be longer...

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
I'm very interested in taking part in this, provided I've got the timing right - I'm in Melbourne, Australia and from what I determine, if qualifying starts at 20:30 EST, that would be 11:30 here. 21:00 race start would be Midday.
I already participate in an AU/NZ racing league (www.online-racing.co) as Copernicus_WRX, and I would join as that.
Before I register though, are there any exceptions for newcomers to your series, for example, not being able to race in the PC? Or, perhaps even any objections to me participating?
Thanks.
Scribbles/Coper

Hi Guys,
I'm very interested in taking part in this, provided I've got the timing right - I'm in Melbourne, Australia and from what I determine, if qualifying starts at 20:30 EST, that would be 11:30 here. 21:00 race start would be Midday.
I already participate in an AU/NZ racing league (www.online-racing.co) as Copernicus_WRX, and I would join as that.
Before I register though, are there any exceptions for newcomers to your series, for example, not being able to race in the PC? Or, perhaps even any objections to me participating?
Thanks.
Scribbles/Coper

No exceptions that I can think of. Just fill out the form. The only thing we really expect from newcomers is just be respective of all others. That, and don't race recklessly. :lol: And have fun!

EDIT: 250 KM race distance except for Monacote which will be 200 or so.
Le Mans might be longer...

So...

Daytona (44)
Suzuka (43)
Monza (43)
Monaco (60)
Indy (60)
Monterey (70)
Nurburgring (49)
Le Mans (19)

These are from my calculations. Heavy damage?

Last edited:
No exceptions that I can think of. Just fill out the form. The only thing we really expect from newcomers is just be respective of all others. That, and don't race recklessly. :lol: And have fun!

In that case :)
GTP Username: Scribbles71.
PSN ID: Copernicus_WRX
Class: PC
Vehicle: Pescarolo C60 Hybride
Number: 71
Team: McLaren, Amon & Hulme (MAH's) Racing
Are you alone or with another driver? Alone at this stage, but happy to team if required
Tire: Michelin
Reserve: Full Time

Certainly not a reckless racer, and am typically at the pointy end of the OLR Championship series' (feel free to take a look at the website www.online-racing.co).
Are there any designated practice sessions coming up or slated?

GTP Username: sporkface69
PSN ID: SPORKFACE69
Class: GT
Vehicle: 458
Number: 19
Team: KCI
Alone
Tire: Falken

If there is still room.

Lots of new interest already!!! Looking forward to meeting all the new names.

I updated my Vehicle, Number and team name. 👍

Last edited:
GTP Username: Tez_SP17
PSN ID: StormPacer17
Class: GT.
Vehicle: Ford GT
Number: #17
Team: Ford Castrol Magnatec
Tire: Yokohama.

Back