American Trans Am Series Season III

• Thread starter Kalmiya117
  • 563 comments
I'm willing to do some testing with pp restrictions. I know the '10 SS RM is @ 633pp (612hp). I know the C6R is around 590hp. If anything we should lower pp to around 625-630 if we want to be more realistic.

There's only 2 races left, so I guess I'm not too concerned. I'm looking forward to improvements for next season.

Right, changing the restrictions a little bit won't effect the outcome much at this point. The testing would be useful though, just because we are discussing running Vintage only next season doesn't mean the Modern cars are going away for good.

Hey boys. Haven't posted here in a while. Got caught up with Forza 4(amazing) and MW3(meh). A shame too because I was doing pretty well in VG1. As for all these new changes, I'm not sure about the participation but I liked how it was. I'm up for whatever though.

We were wondering where you were. You had a real shot at giving us all a run here. But you slipped over to the darkside. Hope to see you participate with us again. We were just talking about changes for next season. I can't imagine having an Xbox that has a higher failure rate then my PS3......

Anyways, scoreboard is up.

Wow, looks like Group 1 has got a nice battle for Champion lined up. Group 2 has a three-way battle for 3rd that should be pretty intense. That should make the next couple races very interesting.

...oh, yea..keep an eye on that mirror, CAM! :)

Yea, something's goin on, neither are updated when I check through the phone app, but both are through the normal phone browser...

They are both showing up for me just fine. Sometimes it takes a day. When I delete them from photosucket and upload the new ones, the old ones show up again in photosucket. So it is kinda messed up. But seems to work fine after a little while.

Anyways Kal, I'm ahead by 1 point. And with 2 modern races left and 1 vintage, I still have slight hope.

Coming home from GA last night, about 40 miles from home (300 mile ish round trip) my steering wheel starts to wobble, car shakes, and then it tries to steer itself into the nearest guard rail on my right at 75mph.

After making it to a Gas Station, find the boot loose on the outer passenger side cv axle, all the grease on my tires and fender well and the ball and cage dry. After coaxing my buddy from sleep after 20 hours plus of working on airplanes he arrives with alot of tools and spare axle. At this point I try a band aid. I stuff three handfuls of wheel bearing grease in the ball and cage while spinning the tire, stuff some more in the boot, and then proceed to zip tie it tight. Car made it back the last 40 miles without a hitch.

Needless to say that was the scariest thing I have ever happen to me while driving. The piss me off part, I just went through hell to replace that axle, which required removal of the the diff assembly and side cover, which requires exhuast dropped, engine trans jacked up, cradle lowered, and right suspension removed, and 12 new diff ring gear bolts at $2.50 a pop. It was replaced for the second time with a Brand new axle under warranty from advance. I bolt both axles new while ago, and had passenger side replaced the first time because of leaking issues. Now, I had the old axles on my car before the front brake conversion with it lowered and never had issues. Apparently Advance is going to have fun with me tomorrow. I plan on being nice, as long as the cv shaft comes out, and they give me another one without issues.

Sounds like a real fun road trip. :) You gonna be able to host this weekend? Going by the open room racing I've been doing this week, we should have a decent turn out.

So, I will be hosting this weekend. Which means Chances are, I am going to miss the Finale races.

Speaking of which, My original plan was just the Group Ones racing 40 laps. And spread it over two weekends.

That would mean the G2 championship would be decided tomorrow, I'm fine with that. The extended G1 races over two weekends sounds good. As far as Kalmiya missing part of the final races, I'm fine with delaying the start or taking a week off just to keep him in the race. We are still discussing posable changes for another season so I'm in no hurry to finish this one up. We can discuss that option during qually tomorrow as well. :D

Looks like I'll be giving it a go tomorrow. Don't know what's going on but that's fine, I just wanna race!

It'll be good ta see ya again. We'll be racing at Tokyo with G2V and G1M.

Another posable change I wanna bring up before I forget, I'd like to bump up the G2 pp limit just a little while keeping SS tires on them. Even up to 535 would give more tuning options, whenever I'm practicing G2 I throw a supercharger on and run 'em at 550. EXTREMELY fun! Give it some thought and some testing.

Tokyo you say? Never mind then. Just kidding. As for the PP, my Cobra can barely handle 530 and it's power limited too!

I have no problem just doing modern & vintage G1 races @ laguna for the finale. If we start earlier, we could do both in one night. Either way is fine with me.

Looks like G2 is pretty much locked down by me. Kal will get 2nd. 3rd is up for grabs between Mudd, CAM, & Titus.

I don't know about upping the pp limit in G2. Some of them cars are squirilly enough as it is. Are you sure you want to add more power? If we do decide to turn G2 into a qualifier for G1 (we should), then we could try different things each week. Even play with it a little, i.e., do 80's night one week, pickup trucks another (2wd only), & various pp regulations. Keep the ss tires though.

Maybe I got a little over excited with the changes, the G2 Vettes I'm running this season are both very forgiving on the SS tires, as I think back to the 'Cuda I ran last season, yea 530 pp is plenty. Lol

Have a lounge open if any of you guys are interested. I need to get my groove back.

Kalmiya's Lounge is now open for tonight's T/A races. :)

Good Racing tonight guys.

About the following next two weeks, I was thinking that each 40 lap Finale Race (Group I) would be lead with a 10 lap Shoot out as a Qualifier so that the Group II points can be awarded correctly along with the Group I guys.

I am pretty sure I will miss one race or both. Unless you guy want to run after 9:30 but we are looking at a hour long race with the Group One cars.

What? We either run G2 as we have done all season for the final, even if it's only 10 laps, or not at all. Since Kal & I have 1st & 2nd clinched, I wouldn't mind if both of us sat out & watched 3rd - 5th place guys battle it out with more points at stake.

I have no problems with a later start time.

I didn't go to work today. I should be there tomorrow & update the score boards then.

Yeah, I was meaning running the Group II cars for 10 laps before the main race.

And I have no issue with sitting out and watching.

Also, I was thinking perhaps, That we do a reverse grid start as well.

Oops, it is mathematically very possible Kal will lose 2nd if he sits out the last 2 races since he used all of his "zeros" already. Even if I score us as finishing last each race.

Oops, it is mathematically very possible Kal will lose 2nd if he sits out the last 2 races since he used all of his "zeros" already. Even if I score us as finishing last each race.

To be honest, I would not be bother to much. I already have 2 GII Championships, and one Group I. Currently working on 2 G1's at the moment.:sly:

To be honest, I would not be bother to much. I already have 2 GII Championships, and one Group I. Currently working on 2 G1's at the moment.:sly:

I'm assuming you will pole & win the modern G1 race. Which means you will need to finish 5th to tie & 4th or better in Vintage G1 to win..... Assuming I will pole & win the Vintage G1 race & take 2nd in Modern G1... :boggled:
I knew the disconnects would come back and haunt me.

Standings are up.

Skeletor27
I'm assuming you will pole & win the modern G1 race. Which means you will need to finish 5th to tie & 4th or better in Vintage G1 to win..... Assuming I will pole & win the Vintage G1 race & take 2nd in Modern G1... :boggled:
I knew the disconnects would come back and haunt me.

Standings are up.

So, basically, don't tick off any of the rest of us before Sunday 'cause the two of you both need to have very clean races. :P

By the way, you two are not the only one's that have their work cut out for them. Titus and myself will be trying to take 3rd from CAM in G2, while in G1 I'll be defending 4th from CAM...the points are very close, especially with the extra long races we have to do.

Last edited:
Will this go another season? The time and cars are a great match to a series I'm looking for, so I'd be very interested, I just would like to know if there will be another series so I can sign up.

rb26x, if you'd like to give it a trial, feel free to join us this Sunday. If I'm not mistaken, this week is the Vintage Group 1 finale at Laguna Seca, see the first page OP for the specs and regulations. We always welcome more cars in the field.

Super cool edit:

Just off the truck, special edition '100 years of Chevy' 2012 Vette:

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_8593.jpg

IMG_3681.jpg

IMG_3898.jpg

That center cap says "Chevrolet 100 years"

Last edited:
Mudd
rb26x, if you'd like to give it a trial, feel free to join us this Sunday. If I'm not mistaken, this week is the Vintage Group 1 finale at Laguna Seca, see the first page OP for the specs and regulations. We always welcome more cars in the field.

Super cool edit:

Just off the truck, special edition '100 years of Chevy' 2012 Vette:

That center cap says "Chevrolet 100 years"

Ok I will most likely, but no promises as we'll be setting up the Christmas tree Sunday. Also, very very nice 'vette!

Back