Answers To All Of Your GT4 Questions

• Thread starter usernamed
  • 724 comments
live4speed
I have a release date question, the last change of date was while I was away and right now I feel a bit in the dark with regards to the release of GT4 and I have seen a number of different dates from the 28th this month to March next year. Which one (if any) is the one that came from PD or Sony?

Japanese release date is the 28th of december, The rest of the world is unknown, anywhere from early january to late march (Q1) 2005.

VIPERGTSR01
Japanese release date is the 28th of december, The rest of the world is unknown, anywhere from early january to late march (Q1) 2005.

Well, I was talking to Jared(Stinky Chicken) earlier this week and he said that his mum said "One of your christmas presents isn't arriving till January" so he figured that its obviously GT4.

Radicool02
Well, I was talking to Jared(Stinky Chicken) earlier this week and he said that his mum said "One of your christmas presents isn't arriving till January" so he figured that its obviously GT4.

How trustable of a source is Jared's mom? :odd:

:P

^^^ isn't that what the "racing exhaust" mod in GT3 was for? I would assume that that option would be back in, but simply removing the muffler would equate to exhaust pipes that wouldn't pass tech inspection for most race series. Get rid of the cats and put some straight pipes on - that's what most racers do!

Also race cars use the thinnest pipes possible for the car, if the pipes are too big they can redce power, which makes me laugh when I see car modders putting bucket pipes on a Civic.

Hi Everyone,

I guess this thread would be the best place to ask this....

I was wondering..during, say... Laguna... If I race a time trial, will the fastest time be recorded and saved?....Let me explain, first.

In GT1, if I drove LS with a car it kept my fastest time....always....until it was beaten ....is that going to come back?

and second....during time trials (road testing...), I remember the start tree...red, red, green (go!)....not this head start stuff so you are doing 100mph through the starting gate...that's purely bogus...I have been unhappy with that ever since it changed.

In other words, I miss the challenge of getting the tires to grip at the starting line....yeah yeah yeah...I do find myself driving to the the line closest to the start/finish line @ Complex String, parking, revving the engine in my, say GS Vette in second gear and letting the clutch out.....

....but the point is, I shouldn't have to....My car shouldn't be rolling 3/4 of the way around the track to start....

Anyway....anyone have a clue?...lol...or care?...

s

ok new question :
is there an option in the Japanese. Version of GT4 to turn it into english? (like on the demos) i know its kinda a stupid question but i wanna know :D

Is it still possible to get BMW 1 Virtual Drive demo's at BMW dealers in Europe? I mailed my dealer once but he told me nothing at all...

illegal
Is it still possible to get BMW 1 Virtual Drive demo's at BMW dealers in Europe? I mailed my dealer once but he told me nothing at all...
Nope, they were only available at a few dealerships in a short period of time. And check eBay, you should be able to get one there for not too much money.

Cheers,
the Interceptor

8400RPM
No English option.

oh well anyways i ordered the Japanese. version :D with a mod chip gotta do some serious soldering.. hope the Japanese. version dont needs to long to get here (switzerland)
p.s: sorry for my crappy english

Any news of stalling? If you put all assists off, can you hit the gas pedal in the powerfull cars with out stalling? And what happends if you are on gear 4 at apropiate speed for gear 4 you way too quickly shift down to 1?
Cheers

At first your car gets swirled in the GT3 way, but after that some guys come over and clean your car with cloths. No idea about the oil changes - use the search function...

hittman_nl
How about the visual tuning? Is it possible to change the spoiler of your car?? I heard a rumor before.. any news/screens???

You can buy a spoiler for the back of your car to be able to change downforce, that's all...

Use the search function.

Mega Fighter X
I dunno.. it could just be me, but I'm really tired of the game getting pushed back. I heard that it was going to come out some time in november. Then I heard that it's losing online play but gaining drag racing and being released around december 6th. Now It's pushed back to March? WTF? I want to quit being jerked around and have GT4! :mad::banghead:,,|,, 🤬 ,,|,,

Hey Mega Fighter, sure no one likes delays but with the complexity of all the best games today it's a fact most will see delays at some time in their development and as much as I'd like to see the game now I'd rather it see another delay and it meet my expectations, then I know it's to help make a more polished product which I can enjoy for as long as I've enjoyed all the previous GT games.

The publishers, programmers etc want to see the public enjoy what they have been working so hard on but the last thing any well respected developer wants is to release such a complete game with bugs, glitches caused by rushing the end process of painstaking play testing and fault finding. This way fans can fully apreciate what they have been working on for years so the experience really is first class.

It will be more than worth the wait I'm certain :)

usernamed
Go to that link and look for the cars you want.

Seems pretty simple to me...

LOOK WHERE??????
All I see are some cars that I allready know about. But what I'm looking for are 4X4's. So either give me some good advice are don't give me any at all.

Back