Answers To All Of Your GT4 Questions

• Thread starter usernamed
  • 724 comments
It's just a little harder than the old logitech force but the pro changes quite a bit between different car types. PD has done it right and now you got people complaining about the feed back. It's like driving a real car but the people that is complaining make it sound as if you were driving a race with no powersteering. It's just fine and anyone with any wheel time will tell you it's absolutely awesome. 👍 👍

damn right mr kwik, gran turismo series was and should always be about driving realism, gt force pro jus adds 2 the realism because you can tell each and every car handles difrently hence u need a bit of time getin used to them around the track. the wheel is more of a challenge then the old pad. but it gives the user a much better experience of gran turismo.

all drivers should play gtp with full force feedback, set on manual, no traction controle, no driving assistance and road tires, jus like i do

DappaDaRealist
damn right mr kwik, gran turismo series was and should always be about driving realism, gt force pro jus adds 2 the realism because you can tell each and every car handles difrently hence u need a bit of time getin used to them around the track. the wheel is more of a challenge then the old pad. but it gives the user a much better experience of gran turismo.

all drivers should play gtp with full force feedback, set on manual, no traction controle, no driving assistance and road tires, jus like i do

You hit it right on the head Dappa! NO DAMN TRACTION CONTROL AND NO DRIVING ASSISTANCE!!!!!!! I also think that they should only incorporate the automatic tranny with stock vehicles only unless if that paticular race car has been known to use an automatic transmission which is very rare for a race car.

Mr.Kwik
Come on Rapidone, You mean to tell me your complaining about the Force that the pro wheel has?

Well I don't mind realism, but I do want to be able to play the game aswell, and taking physical damage to myself isn't my idea of fun.

Mr.Kwik
It's like driving a real car but the people that is complaining make it sound as if you were driving a race with no powersteering. It's just fine and anyone with any wheel time will tell you it's absolutely awesome.

Don't get me wrong I love using the wheel, it gives so much more feel to the road, but that just made giving it up for the dual shock harder to bare. It's the sudden jerks through the wheel when the car lets go, that caused most of the problem, I've not experienced that in road cars that break loose, either with or without power steering.

Perhaps if GT4 and the new wheel do a beter job of recreating real life, I'll be able to drive a stock low power car with power steering, and not feel any discomfort.

Mr.Kwik
You hit it right on the head Dappa! NO DAMN TRACTION CONTROL AND NO DRIVING ASSISTANCE!!!!!!! I also think that they should only incorporate the automatic tranny with stock vehicles only unless if that paticular race car has been known to use an automatic transmission which is very rare for a race car.

I have to agree with this, the only time traction control and auto gears should be available is when the car has them, and as mods that cost hard earned prise money when they don't come as standard.

I've got a question, but it's about gt3. I hope thats allright.
I've heard that there is a lamborghini in gt3.Which car is it and which lambo is it?
thanks

Hi, Tej.

1) Try the GT3 board and you will have much more luck on GT3 questions.

2) When you get there, read the Read This: threads at the top of the board. The one called 'Look Here Before You Ask' will answer your question.

I think the first post can be updated a little now, it still has over 500 cars which can change to 650 and theres a few small changes, especially questions regarding the delayed online mode.

^ I wonder if PD will try and hide a nomad Diablo in GT4 again!.......Or atleast hide some other cars......

p.s..........at least we offically know that there are going to be more that 650 cars...thats loads!!!!!

Minor question, but:

Anyone know what the Heads-Up Display (HUD) is going to look like by any chance? IGN has a nice one that showed everything (buried within 149 pages of images so im not goin hunting for it, too lazy):

- Position
- Speed
- Gear
- Revs
- Lateral G-Force
- Map
- Lap
- Rear-view mirror
- Fastest, Lap and Total times
- Fuel and tyres (???)

I'm asking because when I follow a few links, I keep finding that the location of cetain things chage. For example, the map seems to move around a lot - sometimes it's in the top left of the screen under position and lap counters, while other times its much smaller and in the bottom corner in a similar way to GT2 (most notably the NurSnow track in the GT4 section here). Has PD confirmed what the HUD will look like or are we being kept in the dark?

EDIT: Also Question 2 -

I'm quite looking forwards to Photo Mode myself. I've always fashioned myself as a bit of a lensman and I'm OK in shooting school functions.

But the Photo Drive-By section has me a bit stumped. Does the game take a photo as the car goes past the camera or does the camera actually film the whole evnt? If it's the latter does this mean we can position cars and props (ie people, other cars) and then film and edit our work so we have our own mini-film of the event? Because that would be cool by a whole order of magnitude!

Answer to: do you race?

A1:All that I can say about th HUD (since PD has confirmed nothing), is that in replays (and in "out-of-car" view) it looks like the 1st image I attached. The HUD in the "in-the-car" view looks like the 2nd attached image. I'm pretty sure that will be the final HUD, but I can't confirm it.

A2:Well if by Photo Drive-By you mean taking a picture from a replay, I can only specualte on how it works : you save your replay on your memory card, then you upload that replay in PM. You then go throught the replay, and choose what frame looks like a great photograph. You can then "cut-and-paste" this pic and start working on it (optional, PD make the replays look so good anyways).

Answer to : LGforce

well here there's an amazing pic of the Ford GT doing a wheel spin. Looks pretty real to me (minus the rubber on the track).

Rapidone
Well I don't mind realism, but I do want to be able to play the game aswell, and taking physical damage to myself isn't my idea of fun.

Don't get me wrong I love using the wheel, it gives so much more feel to the road, but that just made giving it up for the dual shock harder to bare. It's the sudden jerks through the wheel when the car lets go, that caused most of the problem, I've not experienced that in road cars that break loose, either with or without power steering.

Perhaps if GT4 and the new wheel do a beter job of recreating real life, I'll be able to drive a stock low power car with power steering, and not feel any discomfort.

I have to agree with this, the only time traction control and auto gears should be available is when the car has them, and as mods that cost hard earned prise money when they don't come as standard.

In race bred cars, you run wider tires and they produce more force in the during grip loss and grip regain. Most people don't run cars higher than 215-225 and most people do NOT run full out racing track tires( not street legal). Without any power steering (power steering means you turn the wheel 1 turn and the car acts like you turned it 2, while power assist means it's just easier to turn the wheel. All cars with power steering have power assist) youhave to cope with that force with no"buffer" at all. And in real life, if you aren't careful, your wrist won't break or sprain but it will over time get a pulsing pain similar to tendinits, due to the shock submitted to the muscles and bones.
So the force feedback needs to be strong, however, because it is only a game, the feedback needs to be comprimised just to below the level of real life, so no injuries occur. *cough lawsuit cough* lol.

radicool02
Heres a link that could help in asking questions.
http://www.granturismoworld.com/index_en_AU.html
Go to "World of GT" and there is tonnes of info.

Not sure about anyone else but the links under "World of GT"
aren't working for me!

I go to click on any of the links and than I get a window that looks like
this

EDIT: Figured out that even though a blank screen was poping up..once it was closed out (pop-up window) the original page was showing all the information! Weird if you ask me! :-)

pimp racer
I dont know if anyone said this but any plans on add B-spec mode to this list?

I DID! When we learned about it (TGS)...Looks like both of us were too lazy to even check it it was there. I'll put it in the 1st post, but it's been in Misc. for a long time now...Can't find anything to update, except for the new demo, which I still need to learn about a bit more.

Gran Turismo 4 hits red light

Sony's driving sim gets pushed back in both Japan and North America; SCEA targets early '05 as new launch window.
TOKYO--Sony Computer Entertainment has announced that the Gran Turismo 4 release date has moved from December 3 to December 28. The company explains that the game had some unexpected tuning requirements that held up its release. Making the adjustments will cause the game to miss its previously allotted ship date.

Classic Anycar
Gran Turismo 4 hits red light

Sony's driving sim gets pushed back in both Japan and North America; SCEA targets early '05 as new launch window.
TOKYO--Sony Computer Entertainment has announced that the Gran Turismo 4 release date has moved from December 3 to December 28. The company explains that the game had some unexpected tuning requirements that held up its release. Making the adjustments will cause the game to miss its previously allotted ship date.

Oo.. ain't heard THAT before...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but news about the release date shows up on these forums within minutes... after a day, it's already old news.

No idea, but all the cars that have been spoted with GT4 are in the Master Car List.

I'm changing the release date now....

Back