Answers To All Of Your GT4 Questions

• Thread starter usernamed
  • 724 comments
I'm only begging PD for putting in a 60 Hz option. Almost no devs do it on the ps2 although they are beginning to understand that 99% of the gamers in Europe WANT it. We don't live in the early/mid 90's anymore, hello, it's 2004. It's time to give us 60 Hz.

Xbox games support it, almost every Cube game give you the option to choose between 50/60 Hz but hell, 90% of the PS2 games is 50 Hz. It's just plain stupid that you need to buy a Action Replay to get 60 Hz mode :/

So meh, i don't think it will be in GT4. It's a shame, yes, but then again... Europe buys the most games, the games costs the most over here and we have to wait MONTH'S for games to arrive. And damn, 'when we get the game we can't even run it in the way it's meant to be ran ; 60Hz. Damnit.

Example. The european players didn't like Devil May Cry thát much? Why? It ran 17.5 % slower then the other version. "oh only 17.5%, that's not so much!". Until you see it. I played both versions and DMC is a perfect example to show "bad" 50 Hz is. :)

Sorry for my bad english :crazy:

PAL itself is 50hz, what difference would a 60hz signal make to the mix? It's not limited the physics calculation or input speeds... I agree that since they do it for the NTSC version it should be easy for PAL but I'm still confused why it makes a noticeable difference.

Speed. I can;t describe you how it works (because of my bad english) but believe me, 50 Hz games run alot slower then 60 Hz games.

Dude 50 hz is the screens refresh rate, has nothing to do with actual game performance. I can run my pc games at 50 hz and I see no performance difference.
And if you guys didn't have a different video format that was 50 hz by default then it wouldn't be a problem. Or just get an American PS2 online, and an NTSC tv and jsut buy the games over the net. That's how I get some of my games, I have a Japanese PS2 and I buy games months before they hit America. I was playing Tekken 4 and SC2 wayyy before anyone else in my area.

Im pretty sure the 60hz pal issue we have in the uk is down to the ps2's pathetic 4mb of video ram, as opposed to the g.c.'s 16mb and xbox 64mb shared.
See pal is technically superior to ntsc at 625 lines, opposed to ntsc's 500+.
Edge magazine spoke to kazunori yamauchi, and he said it is difficult to optimize for pal as the game is obviously designed for ntsc first and they are pushing the ps2 to the limit .. so basically they need more vram to fill the extra pal lines on the screen, hope that helps!

okay im new here and hav some questions
1-u can buy used part right and if so can those parts break down(like in Sega GT *XBOX*)???
2-if u dont change the car oil will u see black smoke come from the tail pipe???
3-say when u buy a new car or used and u dont take care of it (oil , wash, gas, etc..) can ur car parts break and u hav 2 go and buy new part or even a new car??

We don't know the answer to any of thoes questions yet. Welcome to GTP djcivic.

Have you read the first two posts of the thread? Most of the new information on GT4 are there. The thread is constantly updated, although it hasn't been for a while...

Welcome to GTPlanet djcivic :)

Check all the read here threads, there a pretty large car list, loads of threads about the photomode and thevariouse modes confirmed containe withing thoes threads. Fianlly the search button is your friend, use it often and if you don't find what your after first time try a second search, chances are the answer is there. All the info released on GT4 is contained on this site, along with plenty of video's and screenshots.

is there a website that i can go 2 that will email me when this game is shippin 2 stores??
*now this is alittle off topic*
gran turismo ppl and tmobile sidekick ppl hav a lot in common
we are both waitin 4 a product 2 come out
GT4 ppl been waitin 4 like 4-6 month 4 this game
sidekick ppl been waitin 4 like 3-4 months 4 a phone
only thing is hav any1 ever know of a phone 2 have that much hype???( the phone has itz own website like this 1----hiptop.com----if u like to look)

sorry 4 postin off topic in this thread but im on my sidekick and can only go 2 this thread cuz it takes 2 long to load another thread
again sorry

leeboy2k1
Im pretty sure the 60hz pal issue we have in the uk is down to the ps2's pathetic 4mb of video ram, as opposed to the g.c.'s 16mb and xbox 64mb shared.
See pal is technically superior to ntsc at 625 lines, opposed to ntsc's 500+.
Edge magazine spoke to kazunori yamauchi, and he said it is difficult to optimize for pal as the game is obviously designed for ntsc first and they are pushing the ps2 to the limit .. so basically they need more vram to fill the extra pal lines on the screen, hope that helps!

Hmm...bad news for Europe :guilty: . However, a 60hz option is possible as found on a number of games like Soul Calibur 2 and Warhammer 40,000; Firewarrior to name a few. (I believe this option simply means that the NTSC signal is used, not the PAL signal). And it makes a difference. I remember playing Tekken Tag Tournament on a Japanese PS2 and then playing it on the UK PS2...it was visibly slower on the UK PS2.

The other prob with 50hz Japanese games are borders. FFX has HUGE borders that squashes the screen up. Luckily GT3 didn't (and certainly GT4 won't) suffer from that.
So, maybe I will get a US PS2 just for certain non-60hz games! 💡

KY has said that we will be able to race modify our cars in GT4, don't expect to be able to do it on as many cars as in GT2 though considering the time it takes to give each car a race mod is the same as adding a whole new car.

GT3 wasn't that cut down, all it missed was the race mod. GT4 is said to have around twice as many parts to tune and tweak though.

Maybe you could give them an engine managment comuper to improve ignition timing ect.

I played the first couple of hundred hours on GT3 with the Logitech GT force, but had to change to the dual shock controller after that, because using the wheel became painfull due to the wheel forces being too high.

The force feedback strength with GT4 and the new 900 degree wheel is going to be adjustable, right?

By how much will it be possible to reduce the force?

We'll tell you when we get GT4. I think it is adjustable, but I have no idea how much.

I'd say that's more likely to be a DFP setting rather a GT4 specific setting, so you might do well to check out some of the Driving Force Pro (DFP) threads to see what people have to say about using it with Prologue.

there is a force feedback setting adjustment in GT3 and GT4P, i'd like to think GT4 would keep that... but i agree with eagle, the DFP threads are probably the best place to look

Come on Rapidone, You mean to tell me your complaining about the Force that the pro wheel has? They made it that way so that it feels real and yes it will test your physical ability just like anyone who sets behind a wheel and drives a 500 lap race. They are just making it as real as possible and I for one am very greatful for their efforts. COME ON NOW BOYS! THIS AINT NO EA SPORTS GAME!!! IT'S A PD GAME AND UNLIKE EA SPORTS>> PD PUTS IT IN THE GAME.

Maybe it's just me but you could always just stop playing for a few mins or what and go back to it, not like you're glued to the bloody wheel and need to stay with it.

They made it that way so that it feels real and yes it will test your physical ability just like anyone who sets behind a wheel and drives a 500 lap race.

Man, I am scared! :scared:

Seriously, is that hard the strenght of the FF in the DFP??? :crazy:

Back