Answers To All Of Your GT4 Questions

• Thread starter usernamed
  • 724 comments
Just a small mention from a reliable source that GT4 may well have a 5th December release. Not official but from a reliable source.

forgot to mention this is for PAL

Ok... been lurking since I saw GT4 Prologue in the store, and did some research on GT4... and then I joined the forums.

I've read most threads that interested me and might answer some questions I have... the result... most have, some haven't.

The original Playstation was brought because of C&C and GT of course, I don't currently own a PS2, nothing 'really' has been released to tempt me, until now.

GT I got all Gold before I entered the racing, and ended up completing the game 'reasonably' quickly. The most fun ended up being (although Golds were strangely addictive) a competition between friends to get the quickest lap around Deep Forest with a car (without racing) under 350hp. Tweeking gear ratio's etc to the n'th level to get a 0.1 sec gain became fun. (BTW the reduction of lap time was astonishing)

As it turned out, this format of HP restrictions for races was then adopted in GT2. Again I went for Golds, and got all bit the last couple before... time < desire to race.

Now with the impending GT4, I am buying the console of course, GT3 - A Spec (for practice + others), and a Digitech Driving Force Pro (my first wheel, I only played previous GT's with digital pad despite having analogue when released)

Sorry to bore ya, but now the questions...

1) I've heard mentioned in GT4P, you still go for Gold licenses, but also have a points system??? Does this points system help towards achieving Gold License by achieving XXX amount of points despite missing Gold on one or more tests??? Or is it just a bragging rights thing???

2) Can you with a steering wheel, can you still choose Auto, if you just really want to concentrate on quick racing lines without hassle of gear changes??? Any are they help???

3) Are the races/championships still for example... FR, FF, MR races or are they less than 150HP, 350 HP etc??? Or a combination of the both???

4) Are the Golds still worth it??? I was thinking of making a poll but I'm only new... I was thinking along lines of choices...

a) Bronze then race for me dude!!!
b) Golds for first few licenses then...
c) Golds up unto it's just those few that take too much time...
d) Silver is first loser, bronze is the losers loser, Golds all the way....

Anyway, although the results would interest me, the polls are for a more senior member IMO.

Well they're the ones I could think of for now, theres bound to some I thought important but forgot, it's late ATM. Any help appreciated.

...nahhh...though i´ve all gold in GT4P it´s not that important for to get all golds!
...ok u get good prize cars (when u get all golds at A-LICENSE OR S-LICENSE!)but i think it´s just toooo much work--->i don´t want to play the licenses in GRAN TURISMO!!...the licenses are the only unpleasant things for me in GT that was so and that will be so in future ,too!...so i only want to complete them all(doesn´t matter if bronce,silver or gold!)and just want to spend my whole time to the GT-Mode and to the main part (and of course most exciting part) of the game!!!

...so license tests----"get all golds"?-----no thanx i just want to complete them at once to enjoy the best racing-car-game ever!!!:):):)

Getting all golds is a good target for dedicated GT fans, it's important that you get a prize for completing such a task as well.

...but to win the same car after completing a more exciting championchip is better(and isn´t that boring cuz u don´t run the same track(part)s all the time!)!!

ALL THOSE WHO DO NOT UPHOLD BELIEF IN THE LICENSE SYTEM ARE HERETICS!!!!

Anybody who says the gold is not important, obviously haven't achieved all the gold.

Hi everybody! :)
I'm a new member and i come from Italy.
Great site and grat forum ... great work!

I have played all the GT ... 1, 2, 3, C, 4P.
I own the first, second, third and prologue, and i have finished (not at 100% unfortunatly) all the title.

The first time i have played GT4P i'm intrested in what are the title of all the song of the game, especially the ending film song (the last part when u see amalfi, nurb-nord etc.).
Someone can help me?

Thnx! :)

Nice start hellnback 👍 appreciate the attitude. In response to your other questions:

We don't know as yet whether there will be more restrictions (read: horsepower limits) for races in GT4 yet, but it's likely they'll return on some events. I'm certain the FF/FR/4WD championships will return, they've been a mainstay of the series and are one of the few reasons people change cars during the game.

I personally feel getting all the golds is quite an accomplishment, I haven't done it, ever, I've got the first 3 licenses on GT3 done and that's it, but it's quite a challenge still and you do stand to win some cool cars from it, especially early in the game, but beyond that, bragging rights are all you'll score ;)

As for the auto/manual thing, I'm certain you can still use automatic transmission with a wheel, it'd be wrong to force wheel users to drive manual, however if you've got a nice wheel and can easily get to the shift knob/paddles, I strongly suggest you run with manual because it is more interesting and generally faster.

As for the competition you use to hold with your friends, the Weekly Race Series (link below in signature) is exactly like that, except we compete across the globe on a different car/track combo each week, so once you get your PS2 you might want to sign up, it's great fun in a great atmosphere.

Enjoy your stay, any more questions, let us know.

The new issue of OPM magazine has a small update article on GT4. It states that PD said the early December date is final. It will NOT be delayed any further than that, but still no exact date. I think Americans remember what happened on December 7th, and this falls on a Tuesday, which is the day new games are released here in America. It sounds like the game is ready to go, and they're waiting for something. Perhaps a license to end?

KY also said that GT4 will be released this year which is from an article originally in Japanese but you can read it at IGN in English.

I guess I'll have to update the thread then... So should we agree that the final release date be set Dececember 7th for NTSC and December 5th for PAL? Will our asian friends be recieving GT4 before or is the Asian release date still unknown?

No we shouldn't... the only official date to be announced by Sony/PD is "November 2004" in the E3 press release. Any other date is speculation at this point. Kaz indicated that is still on schedule for 2004 "around Christmas", but nothing specific.

I hope it's November... can't wait another month or so... damnnn Canada has some strange and boring winters... it'd be great to have GT4 over the christmas holidays :D

phantasm
No we shouldn't... the only official date to be announced by Sony/PD is "November 2004" in the E3 press release. Any other date is speculation at this point. Kaz indicated that is still on schedule for 2004 "around Christmas", but nothing specific.

That's what I thought but when I saw that OPM had released an article on GT4 being released in December, and since OPM is Sony, I would believe that this isn't speculation.

OPM doesn't get more info than other mags they are funded by Sony thats all but all the info is the same or taken from the same info available o other mags.

good point, I'll just ingnore it. Until there is another press conference/press release by PD/Playstation, the release date won't be changed.

hellnback
1) I've heard mentioned in GT4P, you still go for Gold licenses, but also have a points system??? Does this points system help towards achieving Gold License by achieving XXX amount of points despite missing Gold on one or more tests??? Or is it just a bragging rights thing???

I don't think anyone answered this one for you... so I thought that I would...

Each licence test you do gives you a point score... (I think it's 25 for Bronze, 50 Silver, 100 Gold) However... Once you get gold... you get more points for a better time. (Some of the placement tests aren't judged on time but on position - 100 points is maximum for these!)

The licences themselves have to be completed to all gold to get the all gold car... so the points system is purely for "bragging rights"...

However... there has been talk of GT4:P giving players a "headstart" when they get to GT4...

Some people have floated the idea that the points scored in Prologue will be converted into credits and added to your starting money... Other people just think that some of the licence tests will already be complete... Only time will tell...

Hope this helps.

C.

Hi everybody.
I hope to speak a correct english ...
However, i would like to know some news about the setting of the car if PD have released it.
Something like, "it's possible to see the curve of power and torque?" or " can we see the maximum velocity for all the gear?" ...
I hope to not fall in OT ...

Thnx bye!

Sohcahtoa
Will we be able to import our GT3 cars into GT4, like how you could bring your GT1 cars into GT2?
You couldn't do that, but you could get all bronze license tests in GT2 if you had all gold license tests in GT1.

Sohcahtoa
Will we be able to import our GT3 cars into GT4, like how you could bring your GT1 cars into GT2?

In direct response to your question, I'd say the answer is no because the cars exist in a very different format for GT4, and given the whole "new" theme where we have a new physics engine everyone is going to have to learn to race with, I think they want everyone starting GT4 on an even keel.

Eagle
In direct response to your question, I'd say the answer is no because the cars exist in a very different format for GT4, and given the whole "new" theme where we have a new physics engine everyone is going to have to learn to race with, I think they want everyone starting GT4 on an even keel.

Except the ones who have prologue, though we don't know what the bonus is..

All I want to know is if the PAL release will run at 60 fps or 50 fps which GT3 did.
No, that's not ALL I want to know but it's important. Will there be a 60Hz option?
Prologue didn't have it but the complete game might. Maybe it will be fully optimized when GT4 is released in PAL territories?

Back