Answers To All Of Your GT4 Questions

• Thread starter usernamed
  • 724 comments
mphea
i think that it might be possible to see lamborghini, ferrari, and porsche...

polyphony are seen photographing and testing ferrari's and porsche's on the dvd

but of course, i could be wrong...
Well, you were right about PD video taping and taken pictures of the cars, but that doesn't mean they'll be in the game.

Still, I have a feeling that Ferrari and Lamborghini will make into the game, but that Porsche will be a no-show.

toler
there´s no need for i-link since you can use the network adapter for LAN-play as well as online gaming

There is need for I-link because not everyone has the network adaptor.

C.

^
ok, but the problem is that the newest gen. PS2´s (including mine) can´t be used for i-link anymore.

i too don´t have a network adapter but i have a i-link cable i can´t use 👍

Really?! Well that's just insane... Why & How'd that happen?!

C.

PS I don't think I've got an Ilink cable... did you all get one with the PS2?! (Mine may still be in its box however!)

you had to buy those cables for ALOT of money and then they build those new PS2´s without the i-link ports. 👎 👎

yeti
There is need for I-link because not everyone has the network adaptor.

C.

Agree. The Network Adapter is quite expensive around here (even the broadband fares are abusive) so playing with my friends through the i-Link Hub is much more fun!!!

And NO, there is no i-Link cable supplied with the console. Me and my friends bought each one a cable and joined forces to buy the hub... Now, we do something like this...

Attachments

• PS2 LanParty.jpg
    PS2 LanParty.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 56
No, you need a network adaptor for each ps2 and a router to connect all of the ps2s (I imagine this is the way to do it..). Like any LAN PC game. We better start forgetting the i-link. Like mentioned before, the ps2s dont carry an i-link port any more (unless you can convert usb to ilink??) therefore I don't think Sony will release any new games that are ilink compatible...

I was under the impression that iLink was a modified version of FireWire... If you've still got USB ports you might stand a shot at a converter or something - or you could try LAN over USB.

usernamed
Firewire isn't USB, firewire is way off USB isn't it?
They are certainly not the same.
The only thing they can be compared with is the speed. Firewire is 400Mbps (the older version, there is also a 800Mbps version) and USB 2.0 is 480Mbps.
USB 1.1 which I believe is supported by the PS2 is even slower, with a speed of 12Mbps.

Does any one have any ideas? I did say seriously...
I'm still seeing threads (or did see last night) about random questions already answered in the stickes...The mods are doing everything they can(thanks Kent 👍 ) but the thread are still getting created.

Nice Avatar, Usernamed. ;)

Anyone know... exactly when the game comes out?

Know one knows. Therefore that question cannot be answered.

usernamed
Does any one have any ideas? I did say seriously...
I'm still seeing threads (or did see last night) about random questions already answered in the stickes...The mods are doing everything they can(thanks Kent 👍 ) but the thread are still getting created.

You will always see that, it will never end.

what are you so worried about it for?

The only way it will stop is if when you go to create a thread you first have to make an application to a mod and they have to accept it, but thats too much bother.

Doesn't matter how much we change the name, the symbol beside it, how many threads we dedicate to it, how many new systems we implement to force people to search before posting a new thread, people will always be stupid. The mods are doing a good job of keeping order so we'll just have to keep on reporting and posting links.

I just checked with my local electronic boutique and the date they gave me from their computer is november 15th, so hopefully we will see it in time for the holidays.

Who cares when it's released, I personally applaud PD for not pushing GT4 out earlier even though it woulda made a mint for them, no from the average reactions at E3 they decided GT4 needs to be bigger. better and have more of what people want and from the vids, images and press releases it sure seems as if they have been listening. So if GT4 was put back to 2005 I wouldn't mind as it just proves that unlike GT2 when PD release a sequel they want to make sure it's complete and the best it can be.

Back