Assetto Corsa 2 Will be Called "Assetto Corsa Evo", Coming 2024

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 577 comments
I don't know what "models" have actually been "stolen" from other games that had a big impact.
None which come to mind really, all of the mods that had a big impact in AC1 over the years were all scratch made which are from RaceDepartment or paid ones from VRC, RSS, URD, etc...

And as for tracks, I see it more as a co-operation between each track's sanctioning body rather than other game companies such as Motorsport Games, since some games hold the official license of the whole track and its organizing body such as Le Mans Ultimate (Automobile Club de l'Ouest).

I don't know what "models" have actually been "stolen" from other games that had a big impact.
Except for the RSS, VRC, URD, ASR and a few other mods (very few) all models are stolen/ported from ACC, LMU, Forza, GT and others, with the GT models being the most sought after for their high modeling detail. In fact, many of these models are sold as their own mods using the stolen model, with data modified from the original Kunos cars and then encrypted. Many others use parts from various models to make a single mod and then sell it. To put it in an easy and simple way, in AC1 many have made money by stealing and reselling what never belonged to them.

Last edited:

Attachments

• R.png
    R.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 1
Looks incredibile.
I have read on an italian paper that it will have gran turismo career offline features with garage and car tuning.
Would be sick seeing the Race Modification feature from GT1, 2 and 5 being featured in EVO so that Kunos ended up creating fictitious race variants of certain cars in its roster, similarly to the RIDE franchise too also being an Italian product! I'm a sucker for those in general!

Would be sick seeing the Race Modification feature from GT1, 2 and 5 being featured in EVO so that Kunos ended up creating fictitious race variants of certain cars in its roster, similarly to the RIDE franchise too also being an Italian product! I'm a sucker for those in general!
I think the realistic use of "race modifications" to a car starting off as a stock street car would be more up to a possible car club racing level for amateur types of events in real life used more at a local road race course and not a pro level pure race car which only looks like the original due to the sheet metal hung on the dedicated race car chassis, suspension and drive train set up.

There are a lot of "club level" closed course racing classes utilizing touring cars, mx5's, Corvettes, Mustangs and countless other street based car models as the beginning base of the cars build.

I think the realistic use of "race modifications" to a car starting off as a stock street car would be more up to a possible car club racing level for amateur types of events in real life used more at a local road race course and not a pro level pure race car which only looks like the original due to the sheet metal hung on the dedicated race car chassis, suspension and drive train set up.

There are a lot of "club level" closed course racing classes utilizing touring cars, mx5's, Corvettes, Mustangs and countless other street based car models as the beginning base of the cars build.
Ye even those kinds of grassroots race cars would be nice to see as well, with the ability to build one your own in detail more or less.

If this is coming out in January, and the 50 series cards are coming out, I might not go outside ever again. Then again, for the price of a 50 series card and a decent setup, I could probably buy a decent car and some hours on track lol

Pretty stoked to have something besides iRacing to play. I'm getting so burned out on that game, it's just starting to feel like work.

All this constant talk about VR and no one asks them about that (PSVR2)? Or at least says, we asked but they declined to answer?
Generally the console version is released some time later than the PC version release.
Kunos has made reference to VR being available in the PC version.

But past history and more than likely here as well the port to console will NOT be done by Kunos but rather by 505 GAMES so Kunos may not be up to speed and able to answer the technical aspects on the console version as to what will or will not be possible in the console edition release.

Generally the console version is released some time later than the PC version release.
Kunos has made reference to VR being available in the PC version.

But past history and more than likely here as well the port to console will NOT be done by Kunos but rather by 505 GAMES so Kunos may not be up to speed and able to answer the technical aspects on the console version as to what will or will not be possible in the console edition release.
Be a lot cooler if they said, yes!

But seriously, free roam and a solid racer with psvr2 sounds fantastic.

It’s looking more and more like this could be what I’ve wanted Gran Turismo to be. A fairly simple loop of economy and garage management with personalization options with authentic physics, technology verlayed with a fairly expansive car and track list - hopefully with a long and fulfilling campaign that matches the scale of the car and track count.

I really, really, hope this is as good as I think it could be, the sim/sim-lite space has been lacking for close to a decade.

Last edited:
Well PSVR2 will be supported on PC mainly because ACEVO will use SteamVR.

Regarding the console version, the only thing Marco has said is that it will come out after the launch of the PC 1.0 Release build, just like what happened with AC1 and ACC.

Last edited:
Back