Assetto Corsa 2 Will be Called "Assetto Corsa Evo", Coming 2024

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 694 comments
As a guy who limits gaming to console, anything added vs ac1 will be a plus for me most probably.

Would i like added content, maybe,,but not added problems, messing about, and having to test from innumerable mods.

As a guy who limits gaming to console, anything added vs ac1 will be a plus for me most probably.

Would i like added content, maybe,,but not added problems, messing about, and having to test from innumerable mods.
You have avoided a whole lot of pain over the years. rFactor, rFactor 2 and AC in particular were so full of floods of mods that searching for the good stuff was a considerable time investment. You need a certain mindset to spend hours each week digging through simracing news in order to find mods worth your time, and even then many of the "better" ones can be quite a let down.

Now there are some great mods around, but that's a very small percentage. At some point I found myself preferring the scope and polish of ACC over AC, because you get consistent top quality (tracks, GT cars, graphics, AI, sounds, realism) and you don't have to care about mods, just the content of the game (and all those DLC packs). So while AC1 was bare-bones on the console, ACC was a full and legitimate equal on console to the PC version.

In that respect, Kunos needs to give AC Evo enough content to follow on from ACC on the consoles, while maintaining the much improved visuals and controller support that ACC gave us over AC1. Otherwise they are pretty much limiting their market to Steam (modders) only, which would have severe financial impact for them.

Exactly, frustration free access to simple community voting up and down and tagging community made mods is critical for c++ :: Car Passion Platform

Plus with PCs RECALL spying on everyone, console's like the PS5 are much more secure and financially smart for competitive online racing and avoiding cheaters. If they want players to feel it is a fair and just sports racing, PC is where that becomes a guarantee cheat fest. The amount of exploits alone in game problems, like qualifying out lap pit lane weaving, are already too common and require significant investments and fixes and patches to try and keep things looking like they are fair, but when someone gets that tiny bit of additional grip or power or braking even on just enough corners or spots, that 1 bad apple will ruin the bunch.

Plus when you see how good engineering optimized for a single platform like as an example Gran Turismo 7 does for the PS5, it doesn't make sense to spend 5x for so much hardware that apparently can't match the visual fidelity and have to deal with constant driver updates, patches, windows updates, and most of your team dealing with a huge amount of player base variation in setups and configurations. Just the variation between AMD and Nvidia is nonsense.

Will EVO work ok on RTX and only at lowest settings on AMD?

I'm over the decades of false promises and endless hype that some tech will solve things for gaming, when it just still hasn't and console's work fantastically out of the box. Bring back split screen and local LAN multiplayer already!

It really does depend on your perspective and what is of interest to you personally, and of course there’s no right or wrong answer, just personal taste. Everything described here is of absolutely no interest to me at all, I have no interest in the Forza/Gran Turismo/Test Drive genre, and you get the sense, as you’ve said, that Evo will be a combo of those games and simulation physics, which no doubt is big market for Kunos to tap into (the player numbers for Forza are huge)

Personally though, I’m not looking for a “game”, I’m looking to recreate the history of motorsport and insert myself in that history to get a sense of what it was like, and immerse myself in both the era and the competition. I can say I never get tired of this. There are so many eras and classes, there are a couple I come back to more than others (60’s/90’s F1, BTCC in the VRC cars, 1970-ish lemans/icm, 2000 GT1, early DTM) and with so many more series to create I can’t see myself getting bored.

With such a diverse range of views and perspectives can Evo be all things to all people (as AC was)? Maybe in the longer term (but this really depends on the modding restrictions, the “adjustability” and for me, the user Championships - plus I really cant see a lot of the content I value (eg the ASR 90’s F1 seasons) coming cross to Evo) so at this point it seems in the short term at least AC is going nowhere. I do wonder what Ilja and Peter are thinking/planning?

As I said before, of course I’ll buy it just for the driving experience but if it is Forza plus simulation, I’ll be the one with little reason to go back to it.

If you dont like those elements i talked about you dont have to use them, because ac evo will allow to borrow cars,

Thing is ac evo could be for everyone regardless of what you intrest are,

Never have we seen that happen before,

As great as ac1 was it didin’t cover everything.

Free roam was one of the most popular mods in ac1,

Kunos has taking notes for what they need to do to aim for the masses without sacrificing the sim crowd.

Last edited:
Back