Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
Most retailers should have it before release for preparation and shipment purposes, but do you mean for sale a day early?
Exactly, that's what I've been told. For pre-orders at least.

Again, I have no experience with pre-orders, so I'm not expecting anything.

Alone in the mancave huh? :D
Something like that. :lol:

Last edited:
WTF where are

Black county track?
Trento?
Drag strips?
Drift track?

Hopefully they get in the game with day 1 patch.. That's a bit disappointing

Black Cat County is not included because it is part of the Japanese DLC.

Don't think so, considering we had BCC with big billboards advertising when the Japanese pack would be released. I'm pretty sure it was a free release along with the Mustang, C7, and that little Fiat. I can't imagine why it wouldn't be included in the console release.

Im sure both of those point to point locations are in another place not labeled tracks as they arent tracks technically

I don't think any of the Black Cat layouts are point to point, they're all circuits. I think the only real point to point in vanilla AC is Trento which looks to have been excluded from the console (probably because it's a very old track with old graphics and they've decided it's not worth updating). I guess the drag strip could be considered point to point, I've never been on it but I thought for sure it would be included in the console version since makeshift drag racing was always popular in GT.

I don't think any of the Black Cat layouts are point to point, they're all circuits. I think the only real point to point in vanilla AC is Trento which looks to have been excluded from the console (probably because it's a very old track with old graphics and they've decided it's not worth updating). I guess the drag strip could be considered point to point, I've never been on it but I thought for sure it would be included in the console version since makeshift drag racing was always popular in GT.
Well that's a blow, I've been looking forward to Trento.

That's disappointing. There's not a lot of variety in terms of tracks. Don't get me wrong, I like all the variations of the 'Ring, and I'm excited to hit the Monza banking, not to mention return to Mugello after last driving it in FM4. But I feel like I'll get a "been there done that" feeling from the tracks very quickly.

As @Rizzy13 pointed out, the game's still listed for $70 at retailers. Really wish I knew what their plan was with DLC: $50 on the PSN store is fine, but I don't think the 9 cars they've separated from the game are worth almost $30 once tax is added back in.

WTF where are

Black county track?
Trento?
Drag strips?
Drift track?

Hopefully they get in the game with day 1 patch.. That's a bit disappointing

So all those tracks also not included on top the Japanese and Red pack ? I guess waiting is the right choice for me .. :(

Suprised about Black county as I thought that was part of an update not a DLC - Perhaps that dates the launch version of console version to a previous patch number.

No real loss though, they are roads not tracks, as for Trento, it's an old, pre AC hill climb and isn't up to the standards set by the AC laser scanned tracks.

But I feel like I'll get a "been there done that" feeling from the tracks very quickly.

Maybe/hopefully that will change when you get to experience the old familiars in their laser-scanned glory. I know when I started racing on them they almost felt like new experiences and I still haven't tired of them nearly two years later. 👍

About Black Cat County, this isn't concrete but at the beginning of this VVV PS4 review you can clearly see the Rustang and Vette driving at BCC so hopefully that means it will be included (perhaps they didn't list BCC, Drift, Drag because those are Kunos made circuits and they seem to be trying to promote the real-world circuits). I wouldn't hold out much hope for Trento though, it seems to be the unwanted step-child and the graphics/detail aren't up to current standards so I'd imagine they wouldn't want to include it in the console version since they've already said they aren't going to update its visuals.

Screen Shot 2016-08-18 at 11.32.02 AM.png

Source:

Maybe the videos showing the track lists are taken from the Race menu and that's why they are not all appearing? Is that possible?

Edit:

That still doesn't explain Black Cat County though...

Maybe the videos showing the track lists are taken from the Race menu and that's why they are not all appearing? Is that possible?

Edit:

Day 1 patch ?

Edit:

Your first theory seems fairly sound. But like I mentioned earlier, in all the promotion stuff I've seen they're pushing the "24 real world circuits" (or whatever number it is) so it's quite possible the video only has the real world circuits in it because "24 real world circuits" sounds better than "24 real world circuits, and a few circuits we made up ourselves". Better to only promote the real world circuits and have the others be a surprise inclusion maybe? There will be whinging either way, but at least it's harder to whinge about getting more than you expected. Also, I'm not sure if BCC is featured in any of the race events so it may not show up in the race menu.

Your first theory seems fairly sound. But like I mentioned earlier, in all the promotion stuff I've seen they're pushing the "24 real world circuits" (or whatever number it is) so it's quite possible the video only has the real world circuits in it because "24 real world circuits" sounds better than "24 real world circuits, and a few circuits we made up ourselves". Better to only promote the real world circuits and have the others be a surprise inclusion maybe? There will be whinging either way, but at least it's harder to whinge about getting more than you expected. Also, I'm not sure if BCC is featured in any of the race events so it may not show up in the race menu.
24 circuits would be great, but it's actually 24 configurations. Still, most of my favourite tracks from pCARS are in, but I'm gonna miss Bathurst and especially Oulton Park. Very much looking forward to the Red Bull Ring though.

24 circuits would be great, but it's actually 24 configurations. Still, most of my favourite tracks from pCARS are in, but I'm gonna miss Bathurst and especially Oulton Park. Very much looking forward to the Red Bull Ring though.
Oulton Park I totally agree will be missed (along with Donington), but its got Brand's Hatch and that's a track I struggle to get bored with.

Yeah, I didn't think that sounded right which is why I added the disclaimer. FWIW even though I have about 50 mod tracks, when I just want to hotlap and really enjoy the game I still gravitate more towards the Kunos tracks because they're so good. After years of racing around Monza and Nurb GP and the like in GT5/6 I was quite bored with them, but in AC I find myself enjoying them more and more rather than getting tired of them. (Your results may vary)

Look at it this way, you get Mugello, Vallelunga, Magionne, Zandvoort, and Barcelona which are probably new(ish) tracks to most players. All of those were new to me and I really like most of them. 👍

Too bad there's no visible profile of the different layouts on that screen. As I've said before, I think the selection screen is cluttered. I like how FM6 has a logo for the various tracks and sub-menus where the different configurations can be chosen.

Yeah, I didn't think that sounded right which is why I added the disclaimer. FWIW even though I have about 50 mod tracks, when I just want to hotlap and really enjoy the game I still gravitate more towards the Kunos tracks because they're so good. After years of racing around Monza and Nurb GP and the like in GT5/6 I was quite bored with them, but in AC I find myself enjoying them more and more rather than getting tired of them. (Your results may vary)

Look at it this way, you get Mugello, Vallelunga, Magionne, Zandvoort, and Barcelona which are probably new(ish) tracks to most players. All of those were new to me and I really like most of them. 👍
I find sometimes I'll get bored with a track then a few months later take a new car there and really start to enjoy it again. Silverstone was like that, played it for years, never cared for the latest layout, then decided to take some cars round there (pCARS) and found myself loving it. The laser scanned versions of the classics will be great fun I've no doubt. A good track will always be good, just good to have a break from them from time to time.

Haven't been to Mugello since an old Moto GP game on Xbox 360, should be a nice return.

Maybe/hopefully that will change when you get to experience the old familiars in their laser-scanned glory. I know when I started racing on them they almost felt like new experiences and I still haven't tired of them nearly two years later. 👍

Every real-world circuit in FM6 is laser-scanned too, so that leaves me with the following "new" tracks:
  • Imola
  • Magione
  • Monza 1966 (though I do have to wonder how much of that is laser-scanned)
  • Vallelunga
  • Zandvoort
Of course, AC does offer some different variations FM6 doesn't offer. I miss the shorter Nürb GP Sprint layout, so that'll be nice to revisit. And the tourist layout of the Green Hell is a nice touch. But in terms of track list, AC's just doesn't wow me like other games. Then again, PCARS' list wowed me, but it's such a pile to drive on the One that I never bother! So hopefully the physics make up for it.

BCC just offered such a massive change to what else populates the track list. Would've liked to been able to drive around at 8/10ths or so if I felt like it.

If 505 think for a even a second they are going to hold me to ransom for a lot of this content they've got another thing coming. May cancel my pre-order and monitor how much they attempt to charge.

I understand.

But I was mentioning this video and this video, by VVV and PS Nation, which are using retail versions of the game (except any eventual patch).

Back