Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
Every real-world circuit in FM6 is laser-scanned too, so that leaves me with the following "new" tracks:
  • Imola
  • Magione
  • Monza 1966 (though I do have to wonder how much of that is laser-scanned)
  • Vallelunga
  • Zandvoort
Of course, AC does offer some different variations FM6 doesn't offer. I miss the shorter Nürb GP Sprint layout, so that'll be nice to revisit. And the tourist layout of the Green Hell is a nice touch. But in terms of track list, AC's just doesn't wow me like other games. Then again, PCARS' list wowed me, but it's such a pile to drive on the One that I never bother! So hopefully the physics make up for it.

BCC just offered such a massive change to what else populates the track list. Would've liked to been able to drive around at 8/10ths or so if I felt like it.
pCARS' tracklist wowed me too but I probably only ever race on the same 10-12 tracks over and over. Always great to have the choice, but there's certainly a good handful of tracks that I have no interest in. I'd like some more obscure stuff, but understand it's a risk to spend the resources putting those kind of tracks in.

I miss the shorter Nürb GP Sprint layout, so that'll be nice to revisit.

And you'll get two of them! :D (They're basically the same, just the final chicane is different).

BCC just offered such a massive change to what else populates the track list. Would've liked to been able to drive around at 8/10ths or so if I felt like it.

I feel pretty confident that BCC will be included. They made that track because manufacturers wanted a more "normal" environment (i.e. more like a regular road than an "intimidating" road course) to drive their cars on and I'd think the manufacturers would be quite eager for it to be accessible to all the new console players.

I understand.

But I was mentioning this video and this video, by VVV and PS Nation, which are using retail versions of the game (except any eventual patch).

I was pretty much agreeing with your race menu theory. I hadn't actually viewed the video but now that I see it's just them scrolling through the menu I think your theory is very likely. Not all tracks show up in all the menus, for instance I believe Trento does not show up in the Quick Race or Race Weekend menus, only the Practice menu. That could also explain why the drift and drag tracks don't show up, you certainly can't race on the drift circuit.

Maybe/hopefully that will change when you get to experience the old familiars in their laser-scanned glory. I know when I started racing on them they almost felt like new experiences and I still haven't tired of them nearly two years later. 👍
Great to hear that. Driving around a properly recreated Nordschleife and going back to Mugello are two of reasons why I'm looking forward to playing AC so much.

Just been watching some PS4 vids and when they went to the car setup screen DRIFT is listed at the top of the track list that you can save setups to, so perhaps it is in the game somewhere.

Why would it need specific drift label for track list ? Surely we can drift on any track we want, just go sideways, right ? :P

If 505 think for a even a second they are going to hold me to ransom for a lot of this content they've got another thing coming. May cancel my pre-order and monitor how much they attempt to charge.

Yeah, this looks very poor VFM compared to Forza.

Why would it need specific drift label for track list ? Surely we can drift on any track we want, just go sideways, right ? :P

It's not a label for a track list, it's the name of the track. There's a track called "Drift" and when you save a setup you can save it to a specific track which shows up in a list. Just like if you were at Mugello you'd save your setup to "Mugello", when you're at the drift track you save it to "Drift". That's the list he was seeing and he must have been scrolled to a point in the list where Drift was at the top of it.

If 505 think for a even a second they are going to hold me to ransom for a lot of this content they've got another thing coming. May cancel my pre-order and monitor how much they attempt to charge.

You probably should cancel it. I quit going to McDonald's because they were holding me ransom by trying to make me pay for my fries. I mean, I already bought the hamburger, therefore I'm entitled to have whatever else I want included in the meal for free. It's almost like they're trying to earn a profit or something, the bastards.

Last edited:
Value for money is an interesting variable. Is a DLC car worth a standard price (e.g. $1) or does the quality of the experience matter?

So a Forza DLC car looks great, can be tuned and painted, but I guarantee you it is less accurately modeled in the physics, FFB and any exotic drivetrain mechanisms than a DLC car in AC.

So as always value is in the eye of the beholder.

Most retailers should have it before release for preparation and shipment purposes, but do you mean for sale a day early?
Yes earlier for sale. It's illegal to break street day here in Germany due to competition laws but most don't care. Except for Gamestop.

you can be pretty sure to get almost all games the afternoon before release at a Saturn Market here.

still on the fence whether or not to buy it....

Is it that good to drive? compared to the others...gt/forza/project cars/dirt???

Yes. Best I can describe it is, you know how much better GT/Forza are than Need For Speed? That's how much better AC is than GT/Forza. Every car feels completely unique and requires different driving styles. In GT all the cars feel basically the same with slight variations for different models. That's certainly not the case in AC, in the Maseratti 250 you can totally feel the "crappy" old-school tires struggling to maintain any kind of grip, in the McLaren 650 GT3 car you feel the sticky tires molesting the road as the downforce pushes you into the tarmac, in the Fiat Abarth you feel the torque steer as you flatten the loud pedal on corner exit. I think the uniqueness of each car will go a long way to make up for the fact that there aren't 500+ cars on offer. That combined with laser-scanned tracks should keep most petrolheads plenty satisfied IMO.

WTF where are

Black county track?
Trento?
Drag strips?
Drift track?

Hopefully they get in the game with day 1 patch.. That's a bit disappointing

So all those tracks also not included on top the Japanese and Red pack ? I guess waiting is the right choice for me .. :(

A friend who got the PC version said to me this afternoon that Drift track and the different drag strips aren't in "the quick race" menus.
So they're must be in the game.

About trento hillclimb it will stay exclusive to PC version, at least that's what my friend readed somewhere in the official forums.

But the black cat county circuit... He Don't understand why it isn't in,cause it was part of the bonus pack 2 on PC (a DLC before the Japanese car pack). And the corvette stingray was part of the bonus pack 2, but on console version it's a pre order car...

Hopefully we will get out of doubts next Friday on the European realese.. And hopefully they put the cat county track in day 1 patch.

This post will likely get buried, but in my spare time at work I managed to make some Assetto Corsa WRS stuff, in case anyone is interested. I've got super limited time, not enough to run the series. But if there's a couple guys who'd like to do it (I'll still help out of course as time permits), shoot me a PM and maybe we can get the powers that be to bless it.

It'd be done the ancient way, via manually plugging in peoples splits here:
http://www.findmycomic.net/wrs/leaderboard

But I do have a registry and weekly form ready.

Registry here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScnSCldD-BF8dDQCU8-GLLGY3HYaEr5xIp8KokqFCkoCvbKDA/viewform

Weekly Submission here:
here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdzZew0wq4GKyJWeelEfaAj3r1DgesQXoAuiBTZfjzeYcS2Fw/viewform

Just an idea.

Jerome

Yes. Best I can describe it is, you know how much better GT/Forza are than Need For Speed? That's how much better AC is than GT/Forza. Every car feels completely unique and requires different driving styles. In GT all the cars feel basically the same with slight variations for different models. That's certainly not the case in AC, in the Maseratti 250 you can totally feel the "crappy" old-school tires struggling to maintain any kind of grip, in the McLaren 650 GT3 car you feel the sticky tires molesting the road as the downforce pushes you into the tarmac, in the Fiat Abarth you feel the torque steer as you flatten the loud pedal on corner exit. I think the uniqueness of each car will go a long way to make up for the fact that there aren't 500+ cars on offer. That combined with laser-scanned tracks should keep most petrolheads plenty satisfied IMO.

You can feel the difference between cars in FM6 quite easily, too. I hear great things about AC and I'm tempted to get it, but then I heard great things about PCars and that felt like a letdown.

I dunno why but I'm really excited for AC next week. Cancelled my order with Amazon and got the prestige pack from Game instead. Sure, it's another eight quid but I want early access to those 9 lovely cars!
Really chuffed that AC doesn't do mods, vinyls, etc. It's all about driving cars the way the manufacturers intended. If you want an 800hp Silvia get NFS. Those Porsche packs are going to be stunning not to mention the Japanese and Red packs :cheers:

Nice collision physics:

Assetto_Corsa_PS4_Preview_Using_Dualshock_4.gif

Last edited:
I was pretty sure I was going to pre-order next week, but the unresolved uncertainties are starting to affect my willingness to be an early adopter:

- Screen tearing on PS4 is a concern until the game is released and patched for consoles, possibly for longer.
- Prestige, Performance, Japanese, and Red packs add vital balance to overall variety. Too many if / when questions.
- Wheel support still lacks transparency, especially for people looking to buy a wheel for this game.

FM6 simulates unique car characteristics better than GT6. I can believe that AC does a better job in this regard though.

VXR
You can feel the difference between cars in FM6 quite easily, too.

Indeed.

I'd suggest to anyone that has doubts about possible issues or content to just wait out the release then. Simple, you'll see if there are any issues and what the deal is with the DLC ,and you can always be lured back in a week later by all the excited people here that are playing it (hopefully :D).

I'd suggest to anyone that has doubts about possible issues or content to just wait out the release then. Simple, you'll see if there are any issues and what the deal is with the DLC ,and you can always be lured back in a week later by all the excited people here that are playing it (hopefully :D).

I'd definitely do that — it's what I've done with No Man's Sky — but the lack of info on the 9 cars that make up the pre-order bonus, and if they'll be available at a later date, is what my issue is. Waiting could mean missing out on those cars, and in a game where they make up something like 10% of the entire list, it's a bigger deal to me than in the games featuring hundreds of cars.

Ideally, I'd just like to hear from Kunos that the DLC program will be identical on all platforms moving forward. And that this Prestige Pack will be made available sooner rather than later.

I'd definitely do that — it's what I've done with No Man's Sky — but the lack of info on the 9 cars that make up the pre-order bonus, and if they'll be available at a later date, is what my issue is. Waiting could mean missing out on those cars, and in a game where they make up something like 10% of the entire list, it's a bigger deal to me than in the games featuring hundreds of cars.

Ideally, I'd just like to hear from Kunos that the DLC program will be identical on all platforms moving forward. And that this Prestige Pack will be made available sooner rather than later.
Is it standard practice on consoles nowadays to leave out pre order bonuses entirely? That would be a bit silly no keeping those 9 cars for the minority of buyers that will pre order, and then have everyone else not being able to enjoy them.

Don't think they will do that, but you're right that they need to give more information about their DLC plans now, so people know what to expect.

So all those tracks also not included on top the Japanese and Red pack ? I guess waiting is the right choice for me .. :(

@Ridox2JZGTE you've told me that you don't own a PS4 or XBox One. So, why would you buy the game on day 1 anyway?? Of course you should wait.

I have a feeling there is going to be a whole lot of disappointed people here on GTPlanet once they get their copies of Assetto Corsa. My opinion is, if you are even remotely disappointed by the car count or the track count then you should skip Assetto Corsa and stay with Gran Turismo 6. If you really need to "install a Turbo" onto a Honda Civic or do any other things like "engine swaps" you should skip Assetto Corsa and stay with Gran Turismo 6. You will NOT like Assetto Corsa if the lack of those three things bothers you.

I look for realism over everything else. There are several people coming in these AC threads and acting either disappointed or believing AC is crap because it doesn't support an engine on/off button/switch or that they haven't implemented oil pressure/temperature. Yet, they play GT6 with wild abandon. That confuses the heck out of me. Also, Stefano (the lead AC developer) is adding new features quite frequently. For instance, Brake Temperatures (4 individual readings) has recently been added - they are in the process of activating it for all cars on the console side.

GTSport currently has what, 140-150 cars? They'll probably add more too. Although about 20 of those are imaginary GTVision cars. Still, it's a bigger car list than Assetto Corsa. You probably won't have to learn how to drive again if you stay within the Gran Turismo franchise. I'm still struggling with certain habits I picked up playing GT6. Give it some serious thought. Not every game is a perfect fit for every person.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ALB123 They are saying what they are saying because they have not had a chance to experience a SIM like AC, all they know is a grinding oriented game with the appearance of diversity to mask that everything feels the same. This afternoon I drove on Silverstone with 6 AI for 15 laps, I started 5th and finished 4th as at the AI setting I had it took me 13 laps to pass one car and at the beginning I battled with the AI behind me, as we pass each other back and forth. I drove a non spectacular car on a very well known track but I had a fantastic time because what makes AC so different and out of the ordinary is the driving feeling. They don't know yet, so they judge by what they have at the moment, like all of us they will discover what a good driving SIM can be, they will change their mind and enjoy it as much as we do.
After over 2000 hours AC to me is still totally fresh and exiting and I still have cars and combo to discover.
There is a before and an after AC, a few more days and we will all be on the same page.

Food for thoughts, this is from Marco Massaruto on his face book page

"Some thoughs and answers to assumptions and theories I read on forums about the launch of Assetto Corsa on console, the future of AC, the neverending question "will Kunos turn it in an simcadish on PS4/X1 to sell more?", or -even better- "will Kunos turn the PC version in a simcadish to please a wider audience?"

Usually I don't get bored to read hundreds (thousands?) of times the same questions people ask me, since I understand that everyday lot of people hear about Assetto Corsa for the first time. But when the same people ask the same questions or they underline the same points, sometime can be boring. Even because, no one needs to believe us. Just see and evaluate by yourself what there is out there.

Assetto Corsa console -> will be a simplified/simcade version of AC?
Since last January, on the internet there are a lot of "hands on" and previews of the console version, always played using a steering wheel. We showed it during the European tour, during the Vallelunga event last May, and the conclusions of the players/journalists have been always "it feels like the pc version".

Another clue: what is the most known and appreciated characteristic of Assetto Corsa? Its car handling, and driving feeling. Which is the best reason why console gamers may decide to play Assetto Corsa, rather than Forza, or Gran Turismo? The number of cars? The graphics? I would say the fidelity of the simulation, the unique handling, the laserscanned tracks, the depth that a PC simulation can perform. If we subtract these factors, Assetto Corsa can't compete with these titles, because it couldn't offer nothing more these titles (created by talented people) feature at their best since years.

The most annoying question: now that AC console is ready for release, is going Kunos to make the PC version of AC more arcadish?
The console version of Assetto Corsa has been announced in mid 2015, the team started to work on it in late 2014. Since then, the PC version has been constantly improved, updated, expanded, with 7 major builds, several new tyre models (now we are at version 10 - TEN) adding features asked from SIMracers, and now we are going to release the 1.8 version on August 26th. The popularity of AC on PC is at the maximum level, it's often in the Top chartz on Steam, people love it and enjoy it everyday, and they support us each time we release new features and content. Please give me a logical reason why we should change this, after 18 months of HUGE development brought ahead on PC after the 1.0 release. Simply, there is no reason why we should do this. So, ask yourself: in the last 18 months, on PC, did we converted AC 1.0 in a simcade, or we gave it even more depth?

We decided to bring AC on console to give ourselves THE answer to the question: "there is any potential on console market for a simulation like AC?". As company that runs in this business, we have to know it. And we'll know it soon. And the only way to answer this question is to bring on console the same experience people appreciate so much on PC, at the best we can. Period.

So, keep calm, don't worry. The only way we can change the soul of our most successful creation is to make it even stronger.

Ah. The picture? Just an excuse to capture your attention.. :P
And yes: it's a non-exclusive Porsche 911 RSR 3.0 1974...

And you know why Assetto Corsa will feature officially licensed Porsche cars before any other out there? Because Porsche has choosen Assetto Corsa for its applications, due to the quality of the overall package: graphics-physics-care of details-handling -track accuracy. So, there's no way for us to change our DNA."

Last edited by a moderator:
Back