Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
Don't know how much the M differs from the normal 960, but i can run most settings on high/ ultra with 60fps+ on a regular desktop 960.

Well i've recommended my setup quite a few time before, but f you really need a laptop for on the go, then it seems you'll need to spend a lot of extra cash to get to the same standards as what a desktop can give you.

I have a GTX960/ i5 4590 combo and couldn't be happier with it. Can't put everything on Ultra with the newest games but i come pretty close and it only cost me 700€

Not the most impressive there is, but i figure that super PC's that cost twice as much will lose their value just as quick over time.

Here they say the M version can't keep up.
http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-960M-vs-GeForce-GTX-960

Either I reconsider mobility or I add more € to the budget.

It might be worth mentioning that AC looks really good even on low settings. Granted I don't have the best monitors in the world but at least on my system medium settings look almost as good as max settings, I can barely tell much difference. You'd probably still need better than a 960m to get medium settings, but if you're willing to budge a little on the desire for ultra settings it might be easier to find something that fits in your budget. 👍

(This may not hold true for other games though)

I'm so short-cutting and off-roading the hell out of this. :lol:

Assetto-Corsa-Bonus-Pack-2-Build-1.5-7.jpg

FS7
I think that jump on the mid-right of the picture will be very popular among players.

I'm not sure that's a jump, I think it's just perspective making it look that way. The terrain around it is pretty flat but there's a hill in front making it look like it goes up the hill. But if you look closely the edge of the road actually disappears behind that hill (see big arrow on the left) which suggests it is lower/flatter. You can also see some shrubbery sticking out from behind that hill (small arrow on the right), suggesting that the terrain next to the road is lower/flatter than the hill in front of it. It certainly looks like it's a roller coaster-type hill, but I think it's just a curvy bit or fairly flat road.

I'm not sure that's a jump, I think it's just perspective making it look that way. The terrain around it is pretty flat but there's a hill in front making it look like it goes up the hill. But if you look closely the edge of the road actually disappears behind that hill (see big arrow on the left) which suggests it is lower/flatter. You can also see some shrubbery sticking out from behind that hill (small arrow on the right), suggesting that the terrain next to the road is lower/flatter than the hill in front of it. It certainly looks like it's a roller coaster-type hill, but I think it's just a curvy bit or fairly flat road.

View attachment 529799
The arrows in your pic are not the turn I'm talking about, I'm talking about the turn on the mid upper right of the picture (track starts on the right, if instead of turning left you go straight there looks to be a big jump there).

FS7
The arrows in your pic are not the turn I'm talking about, I'm talking about the turn on the mid upper right of the picture (track starts on the right, if instead of turning left you go straight there looks to be a big jump there).

Oh, ok, I wasn't thinking of off-track jumps. The ones I pointed to certainly look like an up/down/up/down section but I think it's actually a left/right/left/right section so I thought that's what you meant. It actually makes a pretty interesting optical illusion. :)

Can't wait to drive Black Cat County :drool: Personally I love these kinds of driving roads more than a lot of modern day circuits, and AC has always felt more of a driving game than a racing game to me so it's good to see Kunos acknowledging that 👍

Also, AC has rendered PD's course maker obsolete:
Black Cat County > Death Valley
Lake Louise > Andalusia
Transfagarasan & Trento > Eifel

Ok I'm finally on the hunt for a proper gaming laptop that allow me to play Assetto Corsa at 60 fps high details and at least 20 cars on track. Budget 1200 €. I need a laptop because I need mobility but when I'm home I plan to hdmi it into a 48" Samsung.
Will be enough an i7-6700HQ + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M ? I would like to use high Anti Aliasing settings because of the big screen.

Thanks in advance.

I have a Lenovo Y50 (i7 + GTX 960M + 8GB RAM). I have most settings on high running 1080p (except shadows, smoke and reflections on low - don't really need those anyway), 4xAA, 2xAF and the game runs stable at 80-90 FPS on most tracks (even mod tracks with lots of trees that are not well optimized). On some of the sparser tracks and bumper cam I can get into 100 FPS. Haven't tried racing with other cars though, as I'm more of a hotlapper.

I've also tried connecting it to TV, but the resolution drops to 720p and input lag is horrendous so I prefer to just use my laptop screen. On my 15.6 inch screen it looks damn good and I'm certainly more than satisfied with the graphical settings as it is. Then again, I'm also content playing rFactor on all Low settings on my 8 year old previous laptop :lol: Remember physics is still number 1, graphics are just icing on the cake 👍

I think there's going to be invisible barriers that restrict where you'll be and to go.
No, just no. /no_cat.gif

Ok, maybe there will be some walls. But jumping off that hairpin on the right (@FS7 pointed it out) to the straight down below...:crazy:

I'll just be happy with the Vette and Mustang. And FIAT.

I'm so short-cutting and off-roading the hell out of this. :lol:

I hope they allow for some off-roading. I'm sure there are going to be some invisible walls. It would be fantastic if there weren't any. As much as I love true racing circuits, I also enjoy longer roads just as much. Lake Louise is amazing. This Black Cat County is going to be sublime, I can just tell. When I finally decided to create my own modded track, it will be something along the lines of Black Cat County - desert roads, mountains, everything old.

As far as running Assetto Corsa from a laptop. I am running everything maxed out with my i7 CPU and dual Geforce 965M's in SLI. It wasn't a cheap laptop. $2500 MSI from xoticpc.com

Not played AC in months, so decided to fire it back up again today.

Has there been some big physics update in the last say, four months? Everything I get into seems to understeer like crazy, and I don't remember that being a thing before. I'd say it was all in my head, or I'd been playing other racing games (the former is a possibility, the latter isn't the case), but on my favourite car/track combination (the Alfa GTA and a Goodwood mod) I'm a flat two seconds slower around a lap.

It's not setup, since I don't really play around with that in any racing game, and I don't think it's lack of experience, as I did several laps to get the hang of things and I'm relatively familiar with the circuit itself, having driven it in real life. So I can only assume there's been some physics change.

About the only thing I can think of is that your game update might have removed a prerendered frames = 1 setting and its lag/latency causing issues?

Has there been some big physics update in the last say, four months? Everything I get into seems to understeer like crazy, and I don't remember that being a thing before. I'd say it was all in my head, or I'd been playing other racing games (the former is a possibility, the latter isn't the case), but on my favourite car/track combination (the Alfa GTA and a Goodwood mod) I'm a flat two seconds slower around a lap.

It's not setup, since I don't really play around with that in any racing game, and I don't think it's lack of experience, as I did several laps to get the hang of things and I'm relatively familiar with the circuit itself, having driven it in real life. So I can only assume there's been some physics change.
Must be related to control/ wheel settings indeed. We did the same combo a while back for the GVRC (GTA @ Goodwood), and there was definite oversteer :dopey:

Has there been some big physics update in the last say, four months?

Probably, yes. There was an update some months ago that altered the tires for a lot of the cars (and possibly a small physics tweak) that made most cars turn lap times a bit slower than they previously had. So if you haven't played in several months then I reckon that would explain it.

We shall see, I won't get to try it until Fri night at the earliest. I look forward to exploring the Black Cat. 👍

Must be related to control/ wheel settings indeed. We did the same combo a while back for the GVRC (GTA @ Goodwood), and there was definite oversteer :dopey:
I'm getting understeer rather than oversteer, though I expect if it's tyre-related as below, the behaviour will vary depending on setup.
Probably, yes. There was an update some months ago that altered the tires for a lot of the cars (and possibly a small physics tweak) that made most cars turn lap times a bit slower than they previously had. So if you haven't played in several months then I reckon that would explain it.
Thanks. It's probably something I can adjust with setup tweaks, it's just a shame the immediate effect has been to make everything push so much.

Thanks. It's probably something I can adjust with setup tweaks, it's just a shame the immediate effect has been to make everything push so much.

Yep, you can probably dial out some understeer but I'd guess you won't be able to match your previous times. But that goes the same for everyone so it shouldn't be an issue.

It's only an issue from a fun perspective, really. I'm not a serious enough gamer to really bother with online racing or anything.

Back