Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
Many thanks to @Lewis_Hamilton_ , @ALB123 and @LeMansAid for ya'lls input on AC. I do believe I'll give it a try. Haven't found a summer sale as of yet but even with the additional DLC, AC is still less than GT6 was. Once I have it, I'll be sure to return to this forum for help. Now I have to figure out how to get my DFGT rig set up so I can use it at my PC. I have a Wheel Stand Pro and a nice seat that works well for the TV but it appears I'll have to use my computer chair. Fortunately the WSP has many adjustments. Thanks again:tup:👍

£27 on Steam for game and all dream packs.

Perhaps wrong of me to be disappointed that the Japanese pack isn't on offer? It's only £4, I shouldn't be so cheap.

Many thanks to @Lewis_Hamilton_ , @ALB123 and @LeMansAid for ya'lls input on AC. I do believe I'll give it a try. Haven't found a summer sale as of yet but even with the additional DLC, AC is still less than GT6 was. Once I have it, I'll be sure to return to this forum for help. Now I have to figure out how to get my DFGT rig set up so I can use it at my PC. I have a Wheel Stand Pro and a nice seat that works well for the TV but it appears I'll have to use my computer chair. Fortunately the WSP has many adjustments. Thanks again:tup:👍

It's currently on sale at 50% off on the UK store, shouldn't be long before it's on sale in the US, well worth the money IMO.

50% off. http://store.steampowered.com/app/244210/

Now I have to figure out how to get my DFGT rig set up so I can use it at my PC. I have a Wheel Stand Pro and a nice seat that works well for the TV but it appears I'll have to use my computer chair. Fortunately the WSP has many adjustments. Thanks again:tup:👍
On setting up - with a single monitor, general advice is to get pretty much as close to the screen as possible. It allows for a realistic field of view, while being able to actually see a decent amount of the environment. Even with larger display sizes it's often best to set up so that your wheel/hands just clear the screen. With the adjustments available (extensive), hopefully it will be possible for you to lock in to a genuine driver's eyes position and still have an extensive enough view to be practical for driving. Done right, it's glorious.

Well, I know for a fact that two people in this thread (possibly three) had problems with G-Series wheels and their notorious cracked encoder wheel. I'm one of them, and my attempts to repair it ultimately killed it. IMO that encoder wheel is a ticking time bomb in every G25/G27. Just search Logitech Cracked Encoder Wheel and you'll see that it's not an uncommon problem. I don't know if the G29 still uses this cheap plastic wheel, but if they do then there's every chance they could suffer from the same issue. So, yes, the Logitech wheels have known reliability issues too.
I believe they addressed the encoder wheel issue in the redesign of the G29.
Inside the base is pretty-much what was in the G27 wheel but with two exceptions. First, a brand new optical encoder is included, offering better calibration of the wheel during use which comes as a direct response to criticisms of the G27. Second, the internal sensors that were optical in the G27have now been replaced with “hall-effect” electromagnetic tech, that promises better accuracy and increased durability since optical sensors have a higher risk of failure
Source

Good to know. 👍 I'd still recommend a TX or T300 over a G29 though, it's basically the same money but you get a much, much better feeling wheel with a lot of upgrade options.
I think its important to point out they are only similar in price if you stick with the junk TM pedals. The TM pedals will cost you time on track G29s slightly weaker ffb will not.

I think its important to point out they are only similar in price if you stick with the junk TM pedals. The TM pedals will cost you time on track G29s slightly weaker ffb will not.

True, but you can get a TX with T3PA pedals for a little over $100 more and they're as good or better than G29 pedals. Probably the best value available right now, and I believe you can get other rims for it like the formula rim or the 599xx with Alcantara.

If you don't have to have a clutch pedal, in my opinion the stock TX/T300 pedals aren't that bad after a simple brake pedal mod. Do they look and feel as nice as the T3PA pedals, no. Do they affect my racing times, no. I've even pulled them out of the closet to try again and I can race just as well as my T3PA. With that said, I of course still prefer the T3PA and think they are worth the money.

Good to know. 👍 I'd still recommend a TX or T300 over a G29 though, it's basically the same money but you get a much, much better feeling wheel with a lot of upgrade options.
Perhaps in the US. Here in NZ there is a NZ$400 difference between a G29 and a T300 before I even look at new pedals.

@
LeGeNd-1
man, really that unreliable?! it is a horribly tough decision to make. i often ponder the past few weeks of just flipping a coin when the time comes - heads t300 and tails g29. i was tempted to just get the t3pa and alcentara edition bundle since it gets you in the ecosystem. but gah, if its that unreliable i would have to go for the g29. a few months ago i went for some astros a40 or a50, can't remember which one, but i got 3 separate pairs sent and everyone of them didnt work proper and i said **** it, i'll keep my sony golds. i would hate to have a t300 repeat of that.

@
LeGeNd-1
man, really that unreliable?!

No, it's not. Like others stated, people with problems are far more likely to take to the internet to complain, while people without problems are busy racing with their perfectly good wheel. Many, many, many people have hundreds of hours racing on a T300/TX with no issues, so the results you see are very skewed. A Thrustmaster may have a slightly higher chance of developing an issue than a G29, but probably nothing worth worrying about. And if an issue does develop Thrustmaster will fix it or replace it for free (within warranty, of course). I've owned a G27 which is basically exactly the same as a G29, and a T300, and I would take the T300 10 times out of 10 (and I even had an issue with mine). The T300/TX is just leaps and bounds superior to the Logitech wheels in terms of how it feels when you're playing.

Just my opinion of course, and you're free to make your own choice. I'm just trying to make sure you're not making your decision based on the complaints of a vocal minority. If you Google "Logitech G29 Problems" you'll see lots of people have encountered issues with it as well and it has 21% 1-star feedback ratings on Amazon, the T300 only has 10% 1-star ratings and it has 30% more ratings.

i hear ya Brandon. it is a good point people who encounter problems are more likely to light the internet this day and age. you know, i always have slightly leaned more towards t300. here is another question, though. since i will be getting the ferrari 599x package (the alcentara) is there still a share option? i am one who normally films a lot of mini videos when i have exciting racing w/ my mates.

i hear ya Brandon. it is a good point people who encounter problems are more likely to light the internet this day and age. you know, i always have slightly leaned more towards t300. here is another question, though. since i will be getting the ferrari 599x package (the alcentara) is there still a share option? i am one who normally films a lot of mini videos when i have exciting racing w/ my mates.

Again, just my opinion and I'm not trying to sway you towards a Thrustmaster, just making sure you're fully educated on your decision. Can't guarantee a TX/T300 won't encounter an issue, but I can guarantee you'll be thrilled with it if there aren't any issues. Any device like this can encounter problems, even a Logitech.

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking about with the share question.

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking about with the share question.

the base t300 rs has the ps4 "share" button on it. so, you can double tap to start a 15 min recording or hit it once to then save the prior 15 mins of play. doesn't look like the alcentara rim has that button. although, i suppose i could have my ds4 controller sitting beside me and tap it on that even while the wheel is hooked up?

Any rumours about what the Italian Pack might contain? I wonder if Maserati will make an appearance. An MC12, particularly the GT1 in Vitaphone livery, and a 250F would be incredible.

You'd swear I had the game and wasn't waiting impatiently for the PS4 version to land.
:odd:

Any rumours about what the Italian Pack might contain? I wonder if Maserati will make an appearance. An MC12, particularly the GT1 in Vitaphone livery, and a 250F would be incredible.

You'd swear I had the game and wasn't waiting impatiently for the PS4 version to land.
:odd:

never played it, so maybe someone can confirm. i saw on their blog post before they were adding monza historic with the figure of 8 , that isn't in the pc game yet, is it? i saw a guy called slaptrain on youtube mention monza had a different layout that wasn't on the pc when he was playing on ps4 at e3. perhaps the figure of 8 monza will be part of the pack , along w/ obviously the 6 or so italian cars?

the base t300 rs has the ps4 "share" button on it. so, you can double tap to start a 15 min recording or hit it once to then save the prior 15 mins of play. doesn't look like the alcentara rim has that button. although, i suppose i could have my ds4 controller sitting beside me and tap it on that even while the wheel is hooked up?

Never played on a PS4 so someone else will have to help with that.

I believe they have the Maserati license, and I also believe the vintage F1 car that's coming is a Maserati. Not sure if any will make it in this next pack, but probably at some point.

never played it, so maybe someone can confirm. i saw on their blog post before they were adding monza historic with the figure of 8 , that isn't in the pc game yet, is it? i saw a guy called slaptrain on youtube mention monza had a different layout that wasn't on the pc when he was playing on ps4 at e3. perhaps the figure of 8 monza will be part of the pack , along w/ obviously the 6 or so italian cars?

Could be Monza Junior too, it takes a right just past the pit wall and rejoins just after Ascari. But they did say the version with the oval is coming at some point.

Could be Monza Junior too, it takes a right just past the pit wall and rejoins just after Ascari. But they did say the version with the oval is coming at some point.

oh crap, i forgot about monza junior. i would be excited for that. a simple circuit, but its fun to race at .

@Stylin I'll happily take Monza Historic.If it ends up being Monza Junior then let's hope the AI handle it better than the PCars AI which is a disaster at the chicane there.

@BrandonW77 For me the Maserati 250F is one of those fantasy cars you think will never make it to a game. Should it arrive, then the already tough wait until 26th August will become unbearable! If the Maserati MC12 GT1 comes too I will need reviving.

Cheers guys.

Share will be on the rotating button on the bottom right.

Thrustmaster has all the rims and their PS4 button mappings listed here:
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=3&fid=15&pid=403&cid=9

If the Maserati MC12 GT1 comes too I will need reviving.

Good thing you weren't with me last weekend then. :sly:

image.jpeg

:crazy: You lucky guy! The Maserati 100 livery is pure class and the detail is sublime. I've always had a thing for Maseratis and have done a graphics project with them.In fact I even have a few of my GTS / GT7 UI pieces based on the Italian beauties.

Where was that @BrandonW77?

Back