Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
It's certainly a possibility. After all, I did say "apparently they traded up..." and not stating it as an absolute. One thing I can say as an absolute is Ferrari is very particular about their image, and the F138 wasn't what they'd call a contender.

Not even in the slightest. I'd forgotten that it finished third. Still, it doesn't change much as the SF15-T was more of a contender.

It's certainly a possibility. After all, I did say "apparently they traded up..." and not stating it as an absolute. One thing I can say as an absolute is Ferrari is very particular about their image, and the F138 wasn't what they'd call a contender.

Not even in the slightest. I'd forgotten that it finished third. Still, it doesn't change much as the SF15-T was more of a contender.

For sure. But, you'd think they would have known that from the get-go if they didn't want the F138 to show it's face. It's quite possible Fezza told Kunos they could use the F138 and then later changed their mind and decided to upgrade it. But that does make the appearance in the console trailer a bit of a black eye.

hublot_bernie_165.jpg

The news page says apparently Kunos traded up to the SF15-T from the F138. I don't know how true that is and it would be a waste of what appears to be a well advanced car model. Perhaps Kunos won't have to pay the licence fee if the F138 is not released and it was worth starting over to have a car based on the latest regulations.

If that's so then it's a damn shame, I'm a much bigger fan of the 2010-2013 era cars but I guess no point complaining since it will be nice to have the 2015 Ferrari too.

On the topic of the F1 remember that Maserati 250F.

Well we knew the V6 version was coming.

Now we know that the V12 version is also coming thanks to stefano himself.

Would be nice if kunos could calm down a bit, this is getting pretty crazy.

Personally I'd be more interested in the 2013 car than the 2015 car.
If Ferrari is worried about a car that gave them a good image maybe the F2004 would be a better option than either the 2013 & 2015 cars. V10 engine, higher revs & more horsepower than today's cars, won driver's & constructor championships.

I brought AC a week after dreampack number 3 release, at that time I brought no DLC but I have a vague memory of a 50% discount at launch for the car pack. Can anybody tell me if it's routine and I should expect a discount for the red pack?

There's been an early purchase discount for each Dreampack so far. I can't remember what percentage it is though.

Stop with that crazy talk and go play your fish harmonica! :P
no pt cruiser no buy hahahahhhah
I brought AC a week after dreampack number 3 release, at that time I brought no DLC but I have a vague memory of a 50% discount at launch for the car pack. Can anybody tell me if it's routine and I should expect a discount for the red pack?
its been between 40-50% off at launch for the dlcs up till now, i expect the trend to continue though the prices are stupidly low regardless

Only ..... still ....... way to long ...... 54 dayeeeeees beforgrgrgrgr release and counting maybe without another delay hopefully thank you merci salut au revoir .

Not so long ago, I wasn't keen on buying Assetto Corsa. However, after seeing the latest announcements in regards to Porsche and the recent Red Pack, I'm now going to buy it for PS4. Mainly as an excuse to drive the Maserati 250F:lol: But in all honesty, my mind has been changed. I've heard that the physics are brilliant considering how many people work on the game, and the graphics are some of the best around, giving GT a good run for it's money. I'm interested to see how each car has been crafted - that's why I'm excited to try it.

Hi all :) Thanks for the welcome 👍

I tried to do the Countach challenge yesterday but got an error indicating that the car was missing

I have the vanilla game from Steam so I haven't tinkered with it it at all

Any ideas?

Hi all :) Thanks for the welcome 👍

I tried to do the Countach challenge yesterday but got an error indicating that the car was missing

I have the vanilla game from Steam so I haven't tinkered with it it at all

Any ideas?
The Countach is part of Dream Pack 2, the DLC pack is required to be able to participate in the challenge.

Another question, if I may...

In AC the brake pedal of my G920 wheel is inverted. Its full on and when I press the pedal it releases the brakes :eek:

Heeeellllpppp! :lol:

PCars? Probably. So there's only one racing sim that (arguably) has better graphics than AC, I think that qualifies it as being one of the best around.
The severely lacking triple screen implementation really kills it for me. At an angle of around 45 degrees, with 42" displays, the periphery graphics border on downright nasty in PCars.

I think I said once before that it ends up a little too much like lipstick on a pig. I'll take Assetto's graphics in a heartbeat, for my set up at least.

I think AC has some of the best graphics in today's racing games. It looks very pure without suffering from the typical stiffness of simulation titles. The colors and scale of environments are top notch too. Great graphics don't necessarily have to showcase the latest in AAA standards.

The severely lacking triple screen implementation really kills it for me. At an angle of around 45 degrees, with 42" displays, the periphery graphics border on downright nasty in PCars.

I think I said once before that it ends up a little too much like lipstick on a pig. I'll take Assetto's graphics in a heartbeat, for my set up at least.

Agreed. But I'm sure single-screen users that have a high quality monitor could say PCars looks better. AC certainly has room for improvement in the graphics department, and the filthy windscreens usually annoy me, but it's hard to argue that the graphics are anything but really good.

By the looks of the preview images, KartKraft will be the new leader in graphics quality. It simply looks surreal. :eek:

KartKraft 10.jpg
KartKraft 2.jpg
KartKraft 8.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed. But I'm sure single-screen users that have a high quality monitor could say PCars looks better. AC certainly has room for improvement in the graphics department, and the filthy windscreens usually annoy me, but it's hard to argue that the graphics are anything but really good.

By the looks of the preview images, KartKraft will be the new leader in graphics quality. It simply looks surreal. :eek:

I still don't understand why Kunos doesn't a clean front windshield option:odd:

Back