Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
I never check out the Facebook page (I don't even have a FB account), but I figured with all that's going on I might as well just take a peek to see what's what over there.

I get down to the official post about the 3 car DLC pack being available this Friday and then I read this:

Our Steam community can enjoy some free bonus content this Friday, with Update 1.8. Featuring the Audi S1 and the historic Sopraelevata circuit, which has been developed using laserscan technology to guarantee the highest level of accuracy for Assetto Corsa.

Sopraelevata circuit?! I've never heard of it. How did they keep this mysterious new AC track from us over in the official forums? OMG... New laser scanned track is AWWWWW-SUM! I immediately highlight 'Sopraelevata circuit' and do a right-click > Search google for this...

WTF?! All the results coming back are showing me stuff about the old Monza section... What is goin--.... Wait a minute. That's just some Italian for the historic Monza track?! Well, we already knew about that. I just got my hopes up for a completely unheard of new laser-scanned track. :banghead: There was a big forehead slap next as I realized what an idiot I was. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:
Sorry ALB123, i think it's real funny :D

By the way, i'm gonna start-up the game...........now !

I never check out the Facebook page (I don't even have a FB account), but I figured with all that's going on I might as well just take a peek to see what's what over there.

I get down to the official post about the 3 car DLC pack being available this Friday and then I read this:

Our Steam community can enjoy some free bonus content this Friday, with Update 1.8. Featuring the Audi S1 and the historic Sopraelevata circuit, which has been developed using laserscan technology to guarantee the highest level of accuracy for Assetto Corsa.

Sopraelevata circuit?! I've never heard of it. How did they keep this mysterious new AC track from us over in the official forums? OMG... New laser scanned track is AWWWWW-SUM! I immediately highlight 'Sopraelevata circuit' and do a right-click > Search google for this...

WTF?! All the results coming back are showing me stuff about the old Monza section... What is goin--.... Wait a minute. That's just some Italian for the historic Monza track?! Well, we already knew about that. I just got my hopes up for a completely unheard of new laser-scanned track. :banghead: There was a big forehead slap next as I realized what an idiot I was. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

If it helps, it looks like we're getting historic Monza Junior too (well, it's on the console build anyway). :D

Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 2.34.47 PM.png

Look at it this way. At least you've learned something new. That's a good thing.

It IS funny...I know. Ugh..I can be so dumb sometimes. :lol:

I am totally psyched to get that historic Monza layout and getting the Junior layout would be pretty sweet too. The Junior layout was unknown to me until I luckily caught an Empty Box video of him running the Skip Barber car around Monza Junior for an iRacing race. Those old open-wheelers we have are going to provide a lot of fun with these added Monza layouts...can't wait.

I get so impatient. SOMEONE MAKE IT BE FRIDAY, NOW!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The classic Monza looks terrifying to say the least. Most modern ovals have smooth bankings and surfaces, but this almost reminds me of those cylinder-shaped death traps where moped riders defy gravity. :lol:

Iirc Sopraelevata is their term for the banked section, I thought they posted pics in their Facebook post.
Also, AC isn't the first console game to have it, Shift 2 had Monza with the banked section (well, not officially).

Personally I'm really looking forward to driving at Monza oval with open-wheel cars.

$3 for a quality cars? That's ridiculous! It would cost me probably $30+ to have this in Iracing! Kunos, I hope you're making money out of this, because I'm hoping in 5 years there will be Assetto corsa 2 or whatever you call it.

The classic Monza looks terrifying to say the least. Most modern ovals have smooth bankings and surfaces, but this almost reminds me of those cylinder-shaped death traps where moped riders defy gravity. :lol:

Apparently the banking was recently repaved and got a bit of a rehab, but Kunos scanned it some time ago when they originally scanned Monza so our version will have all the bumps and cracks and diabolicalness. I can't wait, I've never had the pleasure to (virtually) drive on it. Looking forward to Junior too, it's an odd excuse for a track but the few times I've raced on it it was surprisingly fun, great with small/slow cars.

Does this mean they updated the physics engine so the engine doesn't go nope and toss you through the map if the car becomes perpendicular to the ground?

It IS funny...I know. Ugh..I can be so dumb sometimes. :lol:

I am totally psyched to get that historic Monza layout and getting the Junior layout would be pretty sweet too. The Junior layout was unknown to me until I luckily caught an Empty Box video of him running the Skip Barber car around Monza Junior for an iRacing race. Those old open-wheelers we have are going to provide a lot of fun with these added Monza layouts...can't wait.

I get so impatient. SOMEONE MAKE IT BE FRIDAY, NOW!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'll be cheering if Campo Grande is in AC someday :)

When will they will be releasing the new dlc for the ps4 content on pc ? I thought it would be out in the same time as the game but there's nothing on steam.

I'll be cheering if Campo Grande is in AC someday :)
I'm unfamiliar with that. A quick google search leads me to believe it's a map of a downtown city, or maybe the highways that run through the city? I love those layouts - I think even more than actual racing tracks. I have been spending so much time driving on that highway system that was ripped from Wangan Midnight. The Ferrari LaFerrari and McLaren P1 are VERY fun on those highways, but so are the BMW M3's & M4's, Toyota 86's and every street car in between. :D

Oh, remember how I said the one bad thing about that highway from Wangan Midnight is that you can only drive during the day because AC doesn't have night time rendering as part of its graphics engine. Well, apparently someone created a unique Post Processing Filter (PP Filter) & weather files to use with that layout and then you set the clock to 6pm or whatever the latest allowable time is, so the roads and city look pretty darn good - like it's night time. The perfect time for Devil Z to get on the road! :D

AMS is my favorite racing sim, partly because of the track selection. Many of the Automobilisa tracks are not seen in other games.

I'm unfamiliar with that. A quick google search leads me to believe it's a map of a downtown city, or maybe the highways that run through the city? I love those layouts - I think even more than actual racing tracks. I have been spending so much time driving on that highway system that was ripped from Wangan Midnight. The Ferrari LaFerrari and McLaren P1 are VERY fun on those highways, but so are the BMW M3's & M4's, Toyota 86's and every street car in between. :D

Oh, remember how I said the one bad thing about that highway from Wangan Midnight is that you can only drive during the day because AC doesn't have night time rendering as part of its graphics engine. Well, apparently someone created a unique Post Processing Filter (PP Filter) & weather files to use with that layout and then you set the clock to 6pm or whatever the latest allowable time is, so the roads and city look pretty darn good - like it's night time. The perfect time for Devil Z to get on the road! :D

Campo Grande is a racing track in Brazil : )

You can buy Assetto Corsa, Dream Pack 1, Dream Pack 2 & Dream Pack 3 for $29.99 right now on Steam. That is freakin' insane. :crazy:

You can buy Assetto Corsa, Dream Pack 1, Dream Pack 2 & Dream Pack 3 for $29.99 right now on Steam. That is freakin' insane. :crazy:
You mean it's perfectly normal for all "older" games to start selling gradualLy cheaper on Steam as the years go by? 👍

Does anyone know if the cars included in the pre-order package for the PS4 version will be included in the season pass or any other option pack? I want to have all the content but I didn't pre-order the game.

Does anyone know if the cars included in the pre-order package for the PS4 version will be included in the season pass or any other option pack? I want to have all the content but I didn't pre-order the game.
You'd be better asking this in the PS4/Xbox One thread. 👍

But anyway, I think that's one of the unanswered questions right now, where can one get the Prestige cars. Also, the Season Pass description does not mention them.

You mean it's perfectly normal for all "older" games to start selling gradualLy cheaper on Steam as the years go by? 👍
Of course it's normal. Still, I find the amount to be quite low. I paid $54.99 for the game + Dream Pack 1 less than 1 year ago. Add $7.99 for DP2 & $7.99 for DP3, you're looking at a $70 investment. So, the price is less than 50% of what you'd have paid 7 months ago. I dunno. Sounds pretty great to me.

Back