Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
i had a quick go with the 488 and it's a lot of fun, although the fact that it comes with hypercar road tyres (instead of road & semi-slicks like other supercars) makes direct comparison with the 458 trickier than I would have liked. I guess the idea is to compare it with the Aventador and Huayra instead :D
I don't get it either. In real life, the 488 would compete with the Huracan, not the Aventador SV. There is no reason for it to come with Hypercar Road Tires. I'm guessing those are like Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R tires. They don't belong on the 488. :grumpy:

This is from the Road & Track review of the 488 GTB:

At a claimed 3252 pounds, the 488 is 22 pounds lighter than the Italia but 177 pounds heavier than the Speciale. The tires, downgraded from the track car's supersticky Michelin Pilot Sport Cups to regular Pilot Sports, sacrifice some outright grip for better wet- and cold-weather performance.

So they should have Street Tires & Semi-slicks for options, I think.

I don't get it either. In real life, the 488 would compete with the Huracan, not the Aventador SV. There is no reason for it to come with Hypercar Road Tires. I'm guessing those are like Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R tires. They don't belong on the 488. :grumpy:

This is from the Road & Track review of the 488 GTB:

At a claimed 3252 pounds, the 488 is 22 pounds lighter than the Italia but 177 pounds heavier than the Speciale. The tires, downgraded from the track car's supersticky Michelin Pilot Sport Cups to regular Pilot Sports, sacrifice some outright grip for better wet- and cold-weather performance.

So they should have Street Tires & Semi-slicks for options, I think.
Its pretty blatant, what company has a reputation of throwing their toys out the pram at the thought of being beaten. Well lets take a step back and remember what everyones favourite car manufactuer has done, some people might remember a nice video called clarkson unleashed on cars. Ferrari refused to send a car at the final drag race knowing at the 993 turbo and TVR Cerbera would beat it at well every category, both cheaper and in the 993s case more reliable. Same thing happened with the Enzo versus Carrera GT, oddly enough it seemed like they could have won that round as shown via the third parties. Then came the 430 versus 997, 997 won. The 458 came around there was more competition, R8s, gallardos, GTRs, the refined 997. 458 still got beaten by all them at several tracks featured in some large youtube channels. So came the honed version, the Speciale which got beaten.........by the GT3 RS and the GTR, the ZR1. So we come to the flagship the crowd jewel the beast from the maranello lost at all tracks, all of them. Dont get me wrong they are great but being great isnt enough when everyone else is outstanding.

Back on topic(sorry that was a big tangent) ferrari are always trying to look like they are fast what better method but to show it in a simulator. Its not like there are faster cars in AC, i mean its not like we havent seen ferrari trying to cheat or force people to bend to their rule. Chris Harris was very vocal about this a while back and he has said that it didnt change anything, why wouldnt the same happen in a game. Why in a straight line does the P1 hit a wall at 180mph with drs while the laferrari will happily travel at 220mph.

I love their cars i seriously do but the company itself is constantly making childish decisions. Ferrari want to believe that they are fastest but they arent and in all seriousness they lost that title in 1970 to Porsche and never regained it(before you say F40, yes it was faster in a straight line but the yellowbird beat it at a large majority of tracks that they 959 didnt already lead on).

I hope they change because all they do is antagonise themselves.

If you're on PC, I assume you can fiddle with txt files or something so you can have the correct tires like the work around for the Ferrari F1 cars.

If you're on PC, I assume you can fiddle with txt files or something so you can have the correct tires like the work around for the Ferrari F1 cars.
Well, yes... Technically we could crack open the encrypted file that stores ALL of the data/physics/info for cars made by Kunos and then apply a lower grade tire. However, if you do that, I think when you go online and try to run with other people online your car won't pass an integrity match with the others. Something like that. Plus, Kunos doesn't take very kindly to that stuff. LOL So, I would never even consider it... ::wink wink::

But most of the cars that modders build, they don't even both encrypting all those files, so it's much, much easier to muck around with car tweaking if you were so inclined. Again, you'd have to make sure everyone else has the same car info, I believe, or you couldn't use it online. But, for just goofing around by yourself? Sure...Go have fun with your 3000hp Mini Cooper. :lol:

I am absolutely dripping in sweat. I've been blasting the Lamborghini Aventador SV around Transfagarasan (Uphill) for the last 2 hours. My God...That road makes Nordschleife feel like a drive around the block! :crazy:

Good stuff, I love his streams. That is on my schedule for tomorrow night as I have plenty of motorsport, and Assetto Corsa, to occupy me tonight.

Last edited:
I got the game yesterday, spent most of my time driving the F138. It's a very nice car to drive but it seems to have a tendency to understeer when compared to cars such as Formula A in PCars and BMW Sauber in rFactor. I'm using a X360 controller, the default setup is decent but I made some adjustments to make controls more sensitive & responsive, even after those adjustments the F138 feels like it has a tendency to understeer.
My initial impressions of the game are good, I'd say PCars is better overall but AC is definitely worth buying (especially when it's 50% off).

Its pretty blatant, what company has a reputation of throwing their toys out the pram at the thought of being beaten. Well lets take a step back and remember what everyones favourite car manufactuer has done, some people might remember a nice video called clarkson unleashed on cars. Ferrari refused to send a car at the final drag race knowing at the 993 turbo and TVR Cerbera would beat it at well every category, both cheaper and in the 993s case more reliable. Same thing happened with the Enzo versus Carrera GT, oddly enough it seemed like they could have won that round as shown via the third parties. Then came the 430 versus 997, 997 won. The 458 came around there was more competition, R8s, gallardos, GTRs, the refined 997. 458 still got beaten by all them at several tracks featured in some large youtube channels. So came the honed version, the Speciale which got beaten.........by the GT3 RS and the GTR, the ZR1. So we come to the flagship the crowd jewel the beast from the maranello lost at all tracks, all of them. Dont get me wrong they are great but being great isnt enough when everyone else is outstanding.

Back on topic(sorry that was a big tangent) ferrari are always trying to look like they are fast what better method but to show it in a simulator. Its not like there are faster cars in AC, i mean its not like we havent seen ferrari trying to cheat or force people to bend to their rule. Chris Harris was very vocal about this a while back and he has said that it didnt change anything, why wouldnt the same happen in a game. Why in a straight line does the P1 hit a wall at 180mph with drs while the laferrari will happily travel at 220mph.

I love their cars i seriously do but the company itself is constantly making childish decisions. Ferrari want to believe that they are fastest but they arent and in all seriousness they lost that title in 1970 to Porsche and never regained it(before you say F40, yes it was faster in a straight line but the yellowbird beat it at a large majority of tracks that they 959 didnt already lead on).

Yellowbird beat F40 in large majority of tracks ? May I ask which tracks are these ? Who did the laps ?

Yellowbird beat F40 in large majority of tracks ? May I ask which tracks are these ? Who did the laps ?
I had a magazine somewhere doing an indepth comparison between the two, sadly i cant find it. Was going to take some pictures to back my points up. I know it was one of the Alzen brothers in the RUF cant remember the ferrari though. Of course my views could be warped due to a driver's skill being better then another drivers or by the fact that i have only one source. I sadly dont have the time to research that so ill just resent that statement for now until i can actually back up my statements.

I had a magazine somewhere doing an indepth comparison between the two, sadly i cant find it. Was going to take some pictures to back my points up. I know it was one of the Alzen brothers in the RUF cant remember the ferrari though. Of course my views could be warped due to a driver's skill being better then another drivers or by the fact that i have only one source. I sadly dont have the time to research that so ill just resent that statement for now until i can actually back up my statements.

Well, the only credible source I know of is Best Motoring, they had both featured twice in 1992 and 1994, complete test by professional racing driver ( winding road high speed driving, skid pad in heavy wet condition, braking while turning, gymkhana, dyno test, drag race, top speed, and Tsukuba trial + battle ), both times F40 win convincingly at Tsukuba, no contest there.

For Best Motoing, at Tsukuba, the CTR never win against F40, and when they both go to Yatabe / JARI (Japan Automobile Research Institute) Test Track ( large oval ) not far from Tsukuba, in 1994, the CTR only managed to beat it in quarter mile drag, F40 beat it in top speed ( 308.62kmh vs 300.67 kmh ) and lap time ( 1:41.128 vs 1:43.205 ), while at Tsukuba time trial, F40 in the 1:04s while CTR in 1:06s range. The F40 weighs 1360kg and RUF 1234kg with fuel, power for both F40 and CTR were over 500PS on Bosch Chassis Dyno ( Veilside HQ ), in 1992 F40 had 530PS and CTR 518PS on stock boost/condition ( same test at Veilside )

Its pretty blatant, what company has a reputation of throwing their toys out the pram at the thought of being beaten. Well lets take a step back and remember what everyones favourite car manufactuer has done, some people might remember a nice video called clarkson unleashed on cars. Ferrari refused to send a
car at the final drag race knowing at the 993 turbo and TVR Cerbera would beat it at well every category, both cheaper and in the 993s case more reliable. Same thing happened with the Enzo versus Carrera GT, oddly enough it seemed like they could have won that round as shown via the third parties. Then came the 430 versus 997, 997 won. The 458 came around there was more competition, R8s, gallardos, GTRs, the refined 997. 458 still got beaten by all them at several tracks featured in some large youtube channels. So came the honed version, the Speciale which got beaten.........by the GT3 RS and the GTR, the ZR1. So we come to the flagship the crowd jewel the beast from the maranello lost at all tracks, all of them. Dont get me wrong they are great but being great isnt enough when everyone else is outstanding.

Must respectfully disagree, Ninj. When I think Ferrari I think speed, passion and just effing AMAZING cars. Take the latest Holy Trinity of LaFerrari, 918 and P1. I would take the LaFerrari any day. McLaren and Porsche are too.....Anglo-Saxon lol. Oh, the Enzo is just quicker than the Carrera GT. Do love the sound of the GT though.

Nice to see so many get updated, but weren't all the GT3 cars supposed to get V10 with this update too?
Here's what pankykapus said about it:
"Updating the GT3 cars is obviously in progress but we decided they were not tested thoroughly enough to be included in the public build, especially in order not to cause issues for leagues"

Well, the only credible source I know of is Best Motoring, they had both featured twice in 1992 and 1994, complete test by professional racing driver ( winding road high speed driving, skid pad in heavy wet condition, braking while turning, gymkhana, dyno test, drag race, top speed, and Tsukuba trial + battle ), both times F40 win convincingly at Tsukuba, no contest there.

For Best Motoing, at Tsukuba, the CTR never win against F40, and when they both go to Yatabe / JARI (Japan Automobile Research Institute) Test Track ( large oval ) not far from Tsukuba, in 1994, the CTR only managed to beat it in quarter mile drag, F40 beat it in top speed ( 308.62kmh vs 300.67 kmh ) and lap time ( 1:41.128 vs 1:43.205 ), while at Tsukuba time trial, F40 in the 1:04s while CTR in 1:06s range. The F40 weighs 1360kg and RUF 1234kg with fuel, power for both F40 and CTR were over 500PS on Bosch Chassis Dyno ( Veilside HQ ), in 1992 F40 had 530PS and CTR 518PS on stock boost/condition ( same test at Veilside )

Yeah. During old school BMI time, whenever F40 races, it definitely tops the chart every single time. Its so freakingly fast on straight line and corner. Most noticeable one was when Gan-san was on the wheel in tsukuba. It spread a incredible gap and kept it till the end.

Yeah. During old school BMI time, whenever F40 races, it definitely tops the chart every single time. Its so freakingly fast on straight line and corner. Most noticeable one was when Gan-san was on the wheel in tsukuba. It spread a incredible gap and kept it till the end.

The race with Gan-san driving the F40 do not have CTR, instead RUF BR2 and 911 RSR are in race, and they are both helpless just like CTR did. The only car that can put up a fight in that race was the Venturi 400GT driven by Nakaya-san.

Can anyone on PC post us pics of GT3 leaderboard please @ Nords normal layout :)
Or is there anyway i can check this myself?

I have no idea what a good time is on AC lol

Cheers 👍

That's typical human behavior though, we tend to want the things we're familiar with and shy away from the unfamiliar, and we gravitate towards the popular. There's a lot of people with the game that don't know a lot about racing and don't know about tracks like Snetterton or Barabagello or Lime Rock so they might not be as likely to buy a game that doesn't have the popular tracks. Probably best to start with the old standards and build from there. Personally, I'd still take Spa or Brands Hatch over Jacarepagua every time.

Well for real life racing I would understand sticking with the familiar. For safety and advantage etc. But in a game you can do whatever you want with no consequences. My dream is for a game to have all the tracks in the world (historic and current in every variation, plus road races like Isle of Man, Pikes Peak, Pescara, Targa Florio, etc). The heyday of modding in rFactor almost makes this a reality, but graphics and the quality is quite variable obviously. Now with AC those things have been improved, so I'm a bit salty that we're still seeing the same tracks popping up again and again. Modding improves the situation somewhat, but I still see the common tracks getting converted first.

I'm not talking about some super weird and obscure tracks either. Just stuff like putting VIR or Mont Tremblant over COTA, Mosport instead of Montreal, Macau instead of Shanghai, Cadwell Park instead of Silverstone, Enna Pergusa, Porteros de los Funes. You get the idea. More roller coaster and scenic tracks instead of flat boring Tilkedromes with acres of tarmac runoff. Also imagine the awesomeness if they laser scanned the whole Transfagarasan or Tail of the Dragon :drool:

I'm not talking about some super weird and obscure tracks either. Just stuff like putting VIR or Mont Tremblant over COTA, Mosport instead of Montreal, Macau instead of Shanghai, Cadwell Park instead of Silverstone, Enna Pergusa, Porteros de los Funes. You get the idea. More roller coaster and scenic tracks instead of flat boring Tilkedromes with acres of tarmac runoff. Also imagine the awesomeness if they laser scanned the whole Transfagarasan or Tail of the Dragon :drool:

There's two Mosport mods here and here. There's a fairly new Cadwell Park out that seems to be getting regular improvements. There's a highly anticipated VIR in the works. While not laser-scanned there is a pretty good Transfagarasan mod out there, though it looks like it's been deleted from RD (I may be able to hook you up with a copy if you want).

Transfagarasan was deleted from RD?! I wonder why... Did any other SIM TRAXX mods get pulled? Two nights ago I ran my Aventador SV around Transfagarasan for 2 hours. I was dripping with sweat by the time I stopped. I couldn't take anymore. :nervous:

I just check the SIM TRAXX website. They still have Transfagarasan available there. And, it says to expect a v0.7 soon! That will rock... v0.6 is pretty darn good right now. It needs a ton of cleanup work, like stitching grass properly to the sides of roads, smoothing some pointy roadside areas...stuff like that. I think it's impressive just to make it to the helicopter at the top of the mountain without invalidating your lap. :lol: I've only been able to accomplish that with middle of the range powered cars. No exotics yet. That's for sure.

While I do recommend checking out the leader boards on Radiator Springs Racing's website, it seems to me like it's not getting much use anymore. Some combos have zero submissions. Now, I know they reset the leader boards after any major updates - especially with tires, which seems to happen every other week with Kunos. :lol: But, it definitely doesn't get the number of submissions they used to. It's still a good reference point to use if you're on PC, I think. I've never installed the plugin myself...but I will check certain combo times here and there.

Not me. I just drove Portimao, Bilster Berg and Tsukuba a couple of hours ago. All three were totally fine. Have you checked your log? In case you're not familiar, the next time you try to open a mod track, if it kicks you back to the menu or something, stop what you're doing, cause I'm about to ruin...I mean, open the file log.txt which can be found in: C:\Users\{your PC acct name}\Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs and scroll all the way down to the very bottom. Then start slowly scrolling up until you see the errors. If you still need help after that, I'll do what I can.

That thing is so light it's ridiculous. Add in a boatload of downforce AND slicks and that thing is going to be glued to the ground. I need to take it to Spa...Thanks for the tip!
Couldn't find Assetto Corsa folder. Googled around and cannot find any pointer where this log might be. Even when into Assetto Corsa folder under the SteamApps.

Any help appreciated.

Well for real life racing I would understand sticking with the familiar. For safety and advantage etc. But in a game you can do whatever you want with no consequences. My dream is for a game to have all the tracks in the world (historic and current in every variation, plus road races like Isle of Man, Pikes Peak, Pescara, Targa Florio, etc). The heyday of modding in rFactor almost makes this a reality, but graphics and the quality is quite variable obviously. Now with AC those things have been improved, so I'm a bit salty that we're still seeing the same tracks popping up again and again. Modding improves the situation somewhat, but I still see the common tracks getting converted first.

Most mod tracks aren't worth downloading. They looked ok in rfactor days, but now I can't stand the graphics, plus the a.i. are always screwed some how, i.e. pitting first lap, way too slow, etc etc. Anybody know what mod tracks actually work? I am sick of downloading tracks, practicing tons of laps, hit race and the a.i. pit first lap!

Last edited:
Most mod tracks aren't worth downloading. They looked ok in rfactor days, but now I can't stand the graphics, plus the a.i. are always screwed some how, i.e. pitting first lap, way too slow, etc etc. Anybody know what mod tracks actually work? I am sick of downloading tracks, practicing tons of laps, hit race and the a.i. pit first lap!
I find Donington is reasonable.

Did you try:

Donington
Paul Ricard
Riverside
Bridgehampton
Modena?

They are all Kunos grade quality (Riverside is still a WIP but you wouldn't notice). Also Thruxton and Mosport are worthy additions. Can't judge the AI on those tracks as i mostly just hotlap on them.

Latest Posts

Back