Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,631 comments
Found this Reddit thread which linked to a Facebook Live where Matt Neal confirms a BTCC Game "in development" for the end of 2021.

The (very) short discussion about that game is around 31:20 of that Facebook Live.

Surprised it hadn't been discussed here seeing as it was around the end of March when Neal discussed it in that Facebook Live.

He says the game is BTCC headlined rather than just a tag-along of another game which could mean a number of things.

Off-topic but this is good news for all the Assetto BTCC fans 👍

Couple of obscure Chinese cars in this link.
Geely BinRui GSC Racing (Saloon)
Geely BinYue GSC Racing (SUV)

Thank you for posting this mod.
In fact its very enjoyable to drive and I started to imagine a new racing class, with cars with more than 100bhp, but no more than 150.
I have a few that fit very well. 👍

Off-topic but this is good news for all the Assetto BTCC fans 👍
Can't resist following OT. My most played sim / gear (some 23 years ago), literally thousands of hours...

Still feel warmhearted about it :) I thought graphics were amazing for that period, now I ditch cars because a side mirror has too many edges LOL...
That was my first wheel BTW, keyboard racer before that.

Attachments

• toca1_2.jpg
    toca1_2.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 42
  • TMF1.png
    TMF1.png
    145.7 KB · Views: 44
hi.
I have a big problem with off-line racing. the ia enter the pits many times unnecessarily, it happens to me with several mods even with the APY INDY that I just tried.
Does anyone know why and if it can be fixed?

Can't resist following OT. My most played sim / gear (some 23 years ago), literally thousands of hours...

Still feel warmhearted about it :) I thought graphics were amazing for that period, now I ditch cars because a side mirror has too many edges LOL...

These were amazing games and I lost hundreds of hours playing them (maybe thousands but who knows - it was a long time ago)
The graphics were superb for the hardware at that time and they nailed the whole touring car ethos of tight frantic races. Not sure they can ever replicate those times again as we all demand so much more from games these days - your point about the mirror is a perfect example :lol:

I wold love to see a BTCC driving sim/game that captures the spirit of the classic TOCA series.

Hahahaha, have them all aswell and even the TOCA 3.
Spent many days playing it with my Microsoft Sidewinder wheel.
Good times. :cheers:

Thanks for this. It still tries to kill you but at least it gives you a chance to get your affairs in order first. ;)
For anyone with VR I did a very quick tweak to the shifting animation. It's now more Bruce McLaren, not Bruce Lee.

Code:
[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=100
POSITIVE_TIME=454
STATIC_TIME=42
NEGATIVE_TIME=454
PRELOAD_RPM=11000
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=1

I'd also recommend halving the ksAmbient on the red leather to around 0.35 unless you're feeling particularly fabulous that day.
Thanks, I'll add this to the version. I thought it was a fair assessment of the car. I would imagine it would get away from you somewhat easy when pushed hard. Any feedback is always welcome.

hi.
I have a big problem with off-line racing. the ia enter the pits many times unnecessarily, it happens to me with several mods even with the APY INDY that I just tried.
Does anyone know why and if it can be fixed?
The AI use ai_tyres.ini and fuel_cons.ini to determine the need for their pits. Also a setup can be created for the car called ai_default that it will use and here you can up the fuel amount and select tyres. Outside of that, if you're only doing a quick race, they will pit oddly and randomly. If you want more consistent AI pitting, do a weekend with at least qualify, you can skip practice if you want. This allows the AI to calculate their fuel usage per lap on the track that you're on. Tyre usage too according to the file mentioned too.
I just did some good races last night using Weekend. Depending on class I was using, I was able to get in 15 lap races and the AI didn't pit once.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll add this to the version. I thought it was a fair assessment of the car. I would imagine it would get away from you somewhat easy when pushed hard. Any feedback is always welcome.

The AI use ai_tyres.ini and fuel_cons.ini to determine the need for their pits. Also a setup can be created for the car called ai_default that it will use and here you can up the fuel amount and select tyres. Outside of that, if you're only doing a quick race, they will pit oddly and randomly. If you want more consistent AI pitting, do a weekend with at least qualify, you can skip practice if you want. This allows the AI to calculate their fuel usage per lap on the track that you're on. Tyre usage too according to the file mentioned too.
I just did some good races last night using Weekend. Depending on class I was using, I was able to get in 15 lap races and the AI didn't pit once.
tks mate

Hey guys and gals, I have two issues I was hoping someone could help me with.

1. I have the URD Detroit mod ( replica of the GTE/GTLM Spec Ford GT ). If youve ever watched an IRL onboard of this car youd know that the car has a very distinctive ( and loud ) buzzing sound during braking. URD got this sound perfect but the actual engine sounds a bit thin and low pitched compared to the real thing

ACFan had a sound mod which drastically improves the engine sound ( https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/urd-detroit-egt-ford-gt-gte-2018-sound-mod.29446/ ) however while braking the buzzing sound is barely audible.

I was wondering how I can increase the volume of this buzzing sound in the mix? Im guessing something in the GUIDs file but im not too sure of how to change it.

2. I also have the RSS Formula Hybrid and Formula NA ( Formula 1 and Indycar replica ) mods. While they are fantastic there is only one spec of car, not one for each team.

Id like to accurately simulate F1 and Indy races in AC ( so for example have Mercedes and Red Bull near the top and Williams at the bottom ) with accurate lap times but im not sure how to really achieve this. Maybe using ballast? But im not too sure of how much to add for each car. Has anyone done anything similar that they can share values for or Atleast point me in the right direction of how to do it?

Wow, the road version burns just under 14 L of fuel per lap at Road America (non lilski). With a full tank, I can barely eek out 5 laps....
Reference APX Indy 2020:
So...what numbers do we put in what files in order to get normal consumptions for road and oval?

Last edited:
Hey guys and gals, I have two issues I was hoping someone could help me with.

1. I have the URD Detroit mod ( replica of the GTE/GTLM Spec Ford GT ). If youve ever watched an IRL onboard of this car youd know that the car has a very distinctive ( and loud ) buzzing sound during braking. URD got this sound perfect but the actual engine sounds a bit thin and low pitched compared to the real thing

ACFan had a sound mod which drastically improves the engine sound ( https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/urd-detroit-egt-ford-gt-gte-2018-sound-mod.29446/ ) however while braking the buzzing sound is barely audible.

I was wondering how I can increase the volume of this buzzing sound in the mix? Im guessing something in the GUIDs file but im not too sure of how to change it.

2. I also have the RSS Formula Hybrid and Formula NA ( Formula 1 and Indycar replica ) mods. While they are fantastic there is only one spec of car, not one for each team.

Id like to accurately simulate F1 and Indy races in AC ( so for example have Mercedes and Red Bull near the top and Williams at the bottom ) with accurate lap times but im not sure how to really achieve this. Maybe using ballast? But im not too sure of how much to add for each car. Has anyone done anything similar that they can share values for or Atleast point me in the right direction of how to do it?

I could be wrong, but I think ballast can only be added on a server. Lately there's been people on this forum BOP'ing cars, maybe they'll have a proper answer for you.

To do something different, I changed my CM theme from Nordschleife to Dark today, and wanted the skin previews to sort of "blend in" to CM's main window. So with that, I made a new preview preset. Based on the UU Presets, I made several adjustments to the lighting and removed the reflections. The end result is seamlessly colour-matched to CM's main window (as long as you use the Dark theme), and looks quite nice, IMO.

k6TsXai.jpg

CiRIbmS.jpg

I attached the preset to this post if anyone else is interested in using it. Rename the extension from .txt to .cmpreset and place the file in %APPDATA%\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\Custom Previews

Cheers!! :cheers:

Attachments

• SeamlessDark.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 43
We have another fantastic update Mini from Pessio.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/austin-mini-cooper-s-fia-app-k-historic-racing.27875/

2.0 Version

Totally rebuilt from zero, the 2.0 version represents my personal journey in the modding world and 3d modeling.

Full race configuration, in compliance with appllication K FIA regulations, pre '66 touring car racing.
125HP and 140NM of torque. Full roll cage, racing suspensions and dampers, LSD and rear ARB fitted, all according to period correct specs. Easy and fun to drive, but difficult to master!

Detailed 3d model, openable doors, sound recorded from a real cooper S. Almost real suspension work and travel ( back emultated, as it's a trailing arm system), torque data from real rolling tests.
Fully working wipers, lights, indicators and all dash lights and gauges.

Thanks
Big thanks to @Kyuubeey for the perfect work on physics, suspensions and tire model, and a lot of valuable info.

Big thanks to @luathas, for the big help with a lot of parts ( mirrors, handbrake, etc. ) a lot of mapping and quality control, testing, and the super super SOUND.

7-jpg.372627

Reference APX Indy 2020:
So...what numbers do we put in what files in order to get normal consumptions for road and oval?

If you have the RSS version, could not just use their fuel cons?

I think that is what i would do.

Fuel consumption is in the data files so not checked but might need to unpack in CM..

Fond memories, it was like the best game i'd ever owned mixed with an illegal rave! Great physics mixed with some obscure Goa trance, I genuinely felt natural high playing this!! :lol:

hello guys is there a stock v8 or v12 vantage mod for assetto corsa ?

Attachments

• 76cab134419280728d15e922b5c0afbd.jpg
    76cab134419280728d15e922b5c0afbd.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 32
  • aston-martin-v12-vantage-s-spitfire-80.jpg
    aston-martin-v12-vantage-s-spitfire-80.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 30
We have another fantastic update Mini from Pessio.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/austin-mini-cooper-s-fia-app-k-historic-racing.27875/

2.0 Version

Totally rebuilt from zero, the 2.0 version represents my personal journey in the modding world and 3d modeling.

Full race configuration, in compliance with appllication K FIA regulations, pre '66 touring car racing.
125HP and 140NM of torque. Full roll cage, racing suspensions and dampers, LSD and rear ARB fitted, all according to period correct specs. Easy and fun to drive, but difficult to master!

Detailed 3d model, openable doors, sound recorded from a real cooper S. Almost real suspension work and travel ( back emultated, as it's a trailing arm system), torque data from real rolling tests.
Fully working wipers, lights, indicators and all dash lights and gauges.

Thanks
Big thanks to @Kyuubeey for the perfect work on physics, suspensions and tire model, and a lot of valuable info.

Big thanks to @luathas, for the big help with a lot of parts ( mirrors, handbrake, etc. ) a lot of mapping and quality control, testing, and the super super SOUND.

7-jpg.372627

Any idea how he gets the background the same colour as the car?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back