Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,805 comments
Is it possible to ajust FFB for a car?
I know you can ajust global FFB in menu setting outside a race.
I know also that you could ajust for a car the FFB with in game applet during race and save setting for it.
But my problem is that in the menu setting (global setting) i'm at 0 for abs
And for this car, in game i'm at 0 too for abs but the abs is still too strong!
When i brake, it shake all my desk, everything fall of my table! :)
Is it possible to go under 0 ? or edit ini, i don't know

Your best bet is to unpack the dada.acd file and start tinckering with the values for FFB and/or ABS.
Then you either delete the data.acd file and keep the folder format, or pack a new file.

Either way, beware this will fail checksums for online racing since your car will be different from everybody else's.

I have a question about CM.
In the content lists, how do you add the little icon after the car/track name in the scroll list? I have loads of cases of cars having no icon despite other cars from the same pack having them. Im talking about the ones like the Kunos cat and ASR etc.

That apex indy car is fantastic. I have the RSS one too....which is great..but for me, apex might just have it by a whisker.
Seems to have come out of nowhere?

While I appreciate anyone's effort to create a mod, as other's, like @ales100i and @xedos6 have replied, the Apex Indycar mod is more of a "fun" mod to drive, as it has a very high level of grip and power. But it's too much. It's almost more of a "fantasy" mod. The new RSS Indycar is much more realistic as you can adjust the gearing ratios and lower aero to reach 183mph on a couple of the straights at Road America. The Apex mod can hit 230+mph with the default gearing, but with the same lowered aero adjustments. With the grip so high, even with low aero, it's too easy to recover from a mistake, as you can usually make fast corrections and snap it back on line without any consequences.

Also, there are some issues with the Apex 3D model and shaders, the cockpit lacks detail, and the steering wheel is too small. In VR, the display numbers float in front of the wheel.

Of course, it's a matter of preference, and you can donate something to the group if you enjoy the Apex mod for what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nevermind, I have figured it, need to look in the data under the car preview for the "Author" field which has a ? if there is no logo after the name, changing the author sorts it.

Your best bet is to unpack the dada.acd file and start tinckering with the values for FFB and/or ABS.
Then you either delete the data.acd file and keep the folder format, or pack a new file.

Either way, beware this will fail checksums for online racing since your car will be different from everybody else's.
Thanks mate, *.acd files are text files?
Or i should an additional software to open and edit them? thanks in advance

Is it possible to ajust FFB for a car?
I know you can ajust global FFB in menu setting outside a race.
I know also that you could ajust for a car the FFB with in game applet during race and save setting for it.
But my problem is that in the menu setting (global setting) i'm at 0 for abs
And for this car, in game i'm at 0 too for abs but the abs is still too strong!
When i brake, it shake all my desk, everything fall of my table! :)
Is it possible to go under 0 ? or edit ini, i don't know
Which car in particular?

Thanks mate, *.acd files are text files?
Or i should an additional software to open and edit them? thanks in advance

You need to have CM in dev mode, and then go to manage car and you should have an option to unpack/pack data in the box at the bottom

EDIT: Oops just saw that post with the video which is exactly what I just posted....nvm lol

SuperSpeedway2018.jpg

Speedway Car Configuration
ShortOval2018.jpg

Short Oval Car Configuration
RoadStreet2018.jpg

Road/Street Car Configuration

According to those people there is only 3 configurations
https://www.indycar.com/Fan-Info/INDYCAR-101/The-Car-Dallara/Oval-vs-Road-Course-Configuration

I would like to understand why we have 4 from Apex.

I have been away for a few days, but now that I am back I can finally release the fifth part of my Pit Boxes Extension Project that I promised more than a week ago:

South American Trackpack, including the following tracks:
- El Zonda by Assetto Corsa Fanboy -> pits extended from 22 to 32
- Salvador by Assetto Corsa Fanboy-> pits extended from 17 to 34 on two layouts and 30 on third layout
- Circuito Internacional de Panama by MadBrain -> pits extended from 20 to 26
- Callejero Santa Fe -> pits extended from 21 to 28
- Ibarra Road Course by Terra21 -> pits extended from 22 to 28

Just 5 tracks and sometimes not many more extra pits, I know this is not a big deal, but maybe someone will find them useful :)

I created separate layouts for all these tracks with extended pit boxes and start positions. Just download and drop into your track file, it won't overwrite anything. You do need the have the original track though.

If you don't have some of these tracks, there are links to download them in the Readme files. Get them first and then install my pits extension.

In addition to pit boxes, I include two little fixes as well in this pack - fixed pitlane for El Zonda ("ghosting" will happen as it should) and new pitlane AI for Panama.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure to read the "Important - readme first" files, just to avoid any problems.

NOTE: I don't guarantee that your system will handle all this tracks with extra AI cars, for example mine can handle around 23-25 AI cars and that's it.

LINK: https://mega.nz/folder/bbYWDSrK#xsTQTJxCDmvKyyqIzL7pNg

Big thanks to:
@slider666 for teaching me how to add pits properly and helping with various problems and questions, it wouldn't be possible without his help!
@Fanapryde for taking the time to create previews for each track, it's a huge Quality of Life improvement.
@LiquidSkyMan for doing his AI magic and also providing me with some excellent music to listen to while modding :)

I will release 1 more Trackpack, next one will be called "North American Trackpack" and will include 8 tracks. I will post it this weekend :)

Here are the links to the other pits extensions I made:
Eastern Asia Trackpack:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1103#post-13092812

Oceanic Trackpack:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1092#post-13090659

Northern Europe Trackpack (including Jyllands-Ringen):
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1075#post-13086845

Southern Europe Trackpack:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1060#post-13083653

Have a nice day :cheers:

You need to have CM in dev mode, and then go to manage car and you should have an option to unpack/pack data in the box at the bottom

EDIT: Oops just saw that post with the video which is exactly what I just posted....nvm lol

Thanks for this, I'm trying to increase the fuel consumption for the Honda NSX GT3 ACC because I've noticed it burns way less fuel than its GT3 counterparts, but with no luck.. I enabled dev mode in CM, unpack data for this car, I open the "fuel cons" .ini file, change the value, save, go back to CM and pack the data, then I immediately test the car on track and nothing has changed, the fuel consumption is exactly the same as before? :confused: any help would be much appreciated..

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 69
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 67
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 66
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 66
@ @ apéndice

I have a problem with this page, I know that DATA is modified to create pre-existing mod rally cars, but the credits are not as they should be, there are modders who work many hours, days and months in the creation of a car so that later someone modify it without permission and make it public.
I found on your website models created by BE_MODDING in which I collaborated with the skins and there are no credits, even in the R8 there is the skin of BE_MODDING.
Sorry everyone, I hate creating these kinds of problems but it causes me a bit of outrage the issue in question, no doubt because I am part of the team that created the original mod but I also put myself in the shoes of those who spend many more hours than me working in totally free mods for someone to publish without credit and without permission on another website.

Okay... This site gets annoying.... What a hell is this??? :banghead::confused:👎:nervous::irked::indiff::grumpy:

I didn't download these cars, I didn't try them yet, maybe I never will be.

R3 peugeot 207:
This is NOT an R3 Peugeot it is the chassis of the S2000 version.
Moreover, the Peugeot 207 RC is the official name:
peugeot-207-rc-rallye_1.jpg

Model exsist in RichardBurnsRally, Rfactor1, GTA:SA.etc.

Renault Clio 197 R3T and Renault Clio 200 R3T
These are the Cup version of Clios, in rally there are no wing, and run on different rims. But the main problem that these Clios has NaturallyAspirated engines, they haven't got turbo engines.
clio_600_00156P.jpg

The next generation charged with turbo. Both the cup and the rally version.
renault-clio-r3t.jpg

And the Cup version is available for AC, ohh and there is on that site.
So why these 2 versions (197-200) was uploaded????????

Honda Civic Typer R '15
I'm sure it is not homologated for R3, it is a Type-r with rollcage, maybe some Rollovers(?) Civic TCS model.
The previous version (which is uploaded there), has NA engine. So no R3T Civic is exsist......

@ @ apéndice

I have a problem with this page, I know that DATA is modified to create pre-existing mod rally cars, but the credits are not as they should be, there are modders who work many hours, days and months in the creation of a car so that later someone modify it without permission and make it public.
I found on your website models created by BE_MODDING in which I collaborated with the skins and there are no credits, even in the R8 there is the skin of BE_MODDING.
Sorry everyone, I hate creating these kinds of problems but it causes me a bit of outrage the issue in question, no doubt because I am part of the team that created the original mod but I also put myself in the shoes of those who spend many more hours than me working in totally free mods for someone to publish without credit and without permission on another website.

I don't know why is it so difficult to place the original author's readme, or credits in a new archive.

But maybe better to place a readme file into the car's folder too, because when somebody reupload a car somewhere, he only pick the car folder, "rezip" and upload.

@Tibi @niko moraes Rallyworld is one of those sites that basically just grabs whatever it can from everywhere else and uploads with no credits and re-host mods using their own sharemods links so they get monies from people downloading from them. Not trying to defend anything here (a mod I did some skins for was uploaded with all my skins in the folder and no credits given) but if you send them an email or use the CONTACT method on the site they will either remove the mod or put some credits in. At least that's what happened for me anyway.
Also some of the cars they have put on there recently have been "interesting" to say the least ;)

Thanks for this, I'm trying to increase the fuel consumption for the Honda NSX GT3 ACC because I've noticed it burns way less fuel than its GT3 counterparts, but with no luck.. I enabled dev mode in CM, unpack data for this car, I open the "fuel cons" .ini file, change the value, save, go back to CM and pack the data, then I immediately test the car on track and nothing has changed, the fuel consumption is exactly the same as before? :confused: any help would be much appreciated..

I can't offer much hep with this as I mainly hotlap and have fuel and tire wear disabled (criminal I know lol) but I found a couple of things in my search for you to check out

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/fuel-usage-esotic-mod.12006/

Also try going into C:\Users\*****\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg and open assists.ini and change fuel rate there. (might affect everything but worth a look) Found this here https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/multiply-the-fuel-consumption-rate.45479/

I can't offer much hep with this as I mainly hotlap and have fuel and tire wear disabled (criminal I know lol) but I found a couple of things in my search for you to check out

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/fuel-usage-esotic-mod.12006/

Also try going into C:\Users\*****\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg and open assists.ini and change fuel rate there. (might affect everything but worth a look) Found this here https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/multiply-the-fuel-consumption-rate.45479/

Thank you for your links, I'll check them out - actually I already know and use the second link stuff to alter the fuel consumption, which can be done easily through CM, the fact is that it affects the entire grid and not a single car of your choice, so sadly it doesn't help if it's just one car using so little fuel :ill:.. I'll try to see what I can do, thank you!!

Don't know if this will help in any way, but here, is possible to set some race options.
It is possible to change fuel and tyre wear amongst other stuff.

n0nv.png

Thank you for your links, I'll check them out - actually I already know and use the second link stuff to alter the fuel consumption, which can be done easily through CM, the fact is that it affects the entire grid and not a single car of your choice, so sadly it doesn't help if it's just one car using so little fuel :ill:.. I'll try to see what I can do, thank you!!

After a proper read through I realised it would affect the whole grid and so not really what you wanted - as I said it's not something I mess with at all but always happy to try and help. If I come across anything else I'll send it your way. But if you do find out post it up here as it'll be something I could do with learning at some point :cheers:

EDIT: Looks like Paulo above may have found something useful.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back