Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,826 comments
url

Is there a Matra MS650 mod for Assetto corsa ?i know it was one for Gt Legends in the past

In real life, the Corvair was a dog (or rather a tail wagging the dog). It had swing axles, like the VW Beetle, a much heavier engine much farther back, and iffy shocks and steering. We tested the Monza SS at CAR and DRIVER and it was reasonably good at steady-state lateral accelerations (i.e, on a skid pad), but pretty awful at sudden zig-zags on Frank Winchell's 'surprise' handling trident. The modded Corvair here is much more well-behaved, with (literally) unbelievable amounts of grip.
To my knowledge there were two generations of Corvair with the first gen being the one cursed with the swing axles and the second generation having a greatly improved independent rear suspension. The mod represents the second gen with that gen being the only one active in amateur club racing. It runs fairly competively with other cars in it's class so the platform must have had some potential. The handling on the mod was improved solely by lowering it's weight, using better tires and using the same power figures as the Stinger itself. Same kinda stuff you do IRL.
P.S. The Stinger came with several improvements over the showroom Monza, you ever test drive one of those?

Last edited:
I have to say this is so much better and what this mod should have been!! Very enjoyable to drive
Will you also update the A110S? I think the original mod does come with it

There is no A110S to download. Assettoland simply misidentified the "Premiere" trim level as the "S".

"Premiere" was only offered in 2018 from January up to March. "S" is offered since October 2019.

Both trim levels can be easily identified by their distinct rims.

Premiere
Legende
Pure
S

Last edited:
Not sure I've seen so few polygons since my PS1 days :eek:

When I see cars with fenders and headlights that are shaped like a stop sign, they don't even get a chance to get bin'd :yuck:
Haven't touched AC in weeks. So the newest version of CM has that replay Camtool in it that I've seen at RD?

I think I saw a tutorial on how to use CT:dunce: is it that in-depth with the CM one?
thx

Longford really is a great track, the only problem is the collision with objects.
Because with openwheeler like formula ford it's destruction derby!
If you brush against a tyre on the ground or the small hedge of the bridges you go spin round and round!

Removing collision with few objects could greatly improve flow on the track:
-tyre on the ground
-small hedge of the bridges
-some few stakes really near the road
Like Fat Alfie did with Fonteny

And soften collision with wood armco.

It would be awesome!

In real life, the Corvair was a dog (or rather a tail wagging the dog). It had swing axles, like the VW Beetle, a much heavier engine much farther back, and iffy shocks and steering. We tested the Monza SS at CAR and DRIVER and it was reasonably good at steady-state lateral accelerations (i.e, on a skid pad), but pretty awful at sudden zig-zags on Frank Winchell's 'surprise' handling trident. The modded Corvair here is much more well-behaved, with (literally) unbelievable amounts of grip.

Probably because its a racing car....

Bit like saying you once drove a Toyota Carina and it was slow and rubbish....

"But this one is much more planted and has unbelievable amounts of grip!!..."

autowp.ru_toyota_carina_e_btcc_2.jpg

The shaking exhaust is a mystery to me. No files in the animations folder, nothing on the extension files (unlike with shaking wipers), yet it happens...

Is it possible to ajust FFB for a car?
I know you can ajust global FFB in menu setting outside a race.
I know also that you could ajust for a car the FFB with in game applet during race and save setting for it.
But my problem is that in the menu setting (global setting) i'm at 0 for abs
And for this car, in game i'm at 0 too for abs but the abs is still too strong!
When i brake, it shake all my desk, everything fall of my table! :)
Is it possible to go under 0 ? or edit ini, i don't know

There are several ways to adjust FFB per car.
The correct way to do it (supported by vanilla AC as a standard feature) is using the NumPad "+" and "-" keys to adjust FFB gain per car (it is saved individually for each individual car).
This I use all the time to fine tune FFB gain.

If you have a wonky mod with copy paste and doctored physics you may have other causes for the FFB to be off.
I usually start to first check on the suspension (anything obviously off, especially excessive caster angles, extreme steering link angles under suspension compression, etc) - use CM custom showroom, DEV apps in game and look into suspensions.ini inside data.acd to get there

Then I look at the steering related definitions inside car.ini inside data.acd and see if the related definitions are matching both the actual car's steering box spec (consult trustworthy sources for that on the internet) and comparable well working cars for reference.

MOST IMPORTANTLY:
If you are very new to editing physics in AC, best keep your hands off the data.acd file and only use the supported method to adjust FFB gain per car (NumPad +/- keys in session), that will keep you happy and keep the headache at bay ;-)

You have to rename data.acd (data_orig.acd) or else the game will continue loading it. Should have added that bit of info if fooling with files is new to you. Rename that and then the changes in the folder will be applied.
Here is a quick trick how you can keep typing and mouse clicks at a minimum ;-)
- right click on original data.acd
- choose "add to data.rar" in context menu (obviously with WinRar installed)
- delete data.acd file from car folder

Next time you want to revert to original data.acd, simply:
- right click data.rar
- choose "Extract here"

Done - absolute minimum effort to deal with this ;-)
If my OCD kicks in haaaard, I will go the extra mile and rename the "data.rar" into something like "data - BKUP.rar"

I also keep different sfx folder versions in each car folder in case I want to switch between different sounds this way and have the release and version number in the rar file name, so all it takes to alternate between versions is to delete the folder to be replaced (just to be sure) and extract the version I want to alternate to - done and done ;-)

The shaking exhaust is a mystery to me. No files in the animations folder, nothing on the extension files (unlike with shaking wipers), yet it happens...
It may very well be that the shaking exhaust is a standard CSP feature that has been silently added and acts with an AUTO algorithm on certain exhaust objects if they are set up in a specific way (object name for example). HEnce you may not find any extension details or ini file entries about it.

You may ask on the CSP discord and may get an answer for this.

One experiment may give results:
Find a Kunos car that has the shaking exhaust (usually Ilja uses the Abarth 500, Ruf Yellow Bird, BMW M3 E30 as the first cars to introduce new features).
Look at object naming and material settings, etc of the exhaust on those cars and tehn replicate those exact settings on your mod car you want to have the same feature.

Just me stabbing in the dark ;-)

EDIT:
@gergerger - here you go ;-)

I just searched the CSP discord and immediately found this helpful jewel of info by one of the top wise guys who always help out - thanks Trawa !

2020-05-16 102454 screenshot.jpg

Here is the code (adapt as needed):

[VISUAL_OBJECT_0]
NAME=EXHAUST
STATIC_ROTATION_AXIS=-1,0,0
STATIC_ROTATION_ANGLE=0
MULT_G=0.1
DAMAGE_ZONE=REAR
MIN_SPEED=-1 ; three the most important values
FULL_SPEED=-1
ALLOWED_G=0,0,0
OSCILLATION_MIN_ANGLE=0
OSCILLATION_AXIS=-1,0,0 ; change this to choose axis
OSCILLATION_MAX_ANGLE=30 ; and this to change amplitude

[VISUAL_OBJECT_1]
NAME=RX7_ENGINE
STATIC_ROTATION_AXIS=1,0,0
STATIC_ROTATION_ANGLE=0
MULT_G=0.1
DAMAGE_ZONE=REAR
FULL_SPEED=-1
ALLOWED_G=0,0,0
OSCILLATION_MIN_ANGLE=0
OSCILLATION_MAX_ANGLE=90 ; and this to change amplitude

As per you not seeing such code in car extensions you saw an animated exhaust, those cars may indeed have been animated by an CSP auto recognition feature, hence no need to code the lines in an extension file (my best guess).

Last edited:
There is no A110S to download. Assettoland simply misidentified the "Premiere" trim level as the "S".

"Premiere" was only offered in 2018 from January up to March. "S" is offered since October 2019.

Both trim levels can be easily identified by their distinct rims.

Premiere
Legende
Pure
S
It was a lot of pages ago with the original mod pack here on the forum, I can't find it now

@menos | M6 you are the man! I adapted the code, but dunno where it goes. Looked all over data files for strings of the code, in cars with shaking exhaust, and didn't find anything. I can't change the name of the car parts either, as I'm just using CM. But thanks for the info, I may stumble upon a solution by trying further!

Last edited:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/holden-v8-brutes-hks-fantasy-livery.33053/

Some fantasy for one of the coolest mod for AC and my fav racing series

tx7gXhH-1jw.jpg
T62WLD9w0jk.jpg

Yes, those are excellent to drive. I agree. Steering with your pedals at it's finest. There are to few liveries sadly. Up to 11 with yours. 👍

And staying down under, beta of atcc 80s mod is getting released today. Guess who is getting somewhere between zero and very little sleep tonight?

EDIT:

Released

Link

ac-mods-tile-grp-a-pack-beta.jpg

Last edited:
When I see cars with fenders and headlights that are shaped like a stop sign, they don't even get a chance to get bin'd :yuck:
Haven't touched AC in weeks. So the newest version of CM has that replay Camtool in it that I've seen at RD?

I think I saw a tutorial on how to use CT:dunce: is it that in-depth with the CM one?
thx
If you know how to do better, I’ll take care of my not being a modder and not even a genius like you ready to criticize the good will of others

There are several ways to adjust FFB per car.
The correct way to do it (supported by vanilla AC as a standard feature) is using the NumPad "+" and "-" keys to adjust FFB gain per car (it is saved individually for each individual car).
This I use all the time to fine tune FFB gain.

If you have a wonky mod with copy paste and doctored physics you may have other causes for the FFB to be off.
I usually start to first check on the suspension (anything obviously off, especially excessive caster angles, extreme steering link angles under suspension compression, etc) - use CM custom showroom, DEV apps in game and look into suspensions.ini inside data.acd to get there

Then I look at the steering related definitions inside car.ini inside data.acd and see if the related definitions are matching both the actual car's steering box spec (consult trustworthy sources for that on the internet) and comparable well working cars for reference.

MOST IMPORTANTLY:
If you are very new to editing physics in AC, best keep your hands off the data.acd file and only use the supported method to adjust FFB gain per car (NumPad +/- keys in session), that will keep you happy and keep the headache at bay ;-)

Here is a quick trick how you can keep typing and mouse clicks at a minimum ;-)
- right click on original data.acd
- choose "add to data.rar" in context menu (obviously with WinRar installed)
- delete data.acd file from car folder

Next time you want to revert to original data.acd, simply:
- right click data.rar
- choose "Extract here"

Done - absolute minimum effort to deal with this ;-)
If my OCD kicks in haaaard, I will go the extra mile and rename the "data.rar" into something like "data - BKUP.rar"

I also keep different sfx folder versions in each car folder in case I want to switch between different sounds this way and have the release and version number in the rar file name, so all it takes to alternate between versions is to delete the folder to be replaced (just to be sure) and extract the version I want to alternate to - done and done ;-)

It may very well be that the shaking exhaust is a standard CSP feature that has been silently added and acts with an AUTO algorithm on certain exhaust objects if they are set up in a specific way (object name for example). HEnce you may not find any extension details or ini file entries about it.

You may ask on the CSP discord and may get an answer for this.

One experiment may give results:
Find a Kunos car that has the shaking exhaust (usually Ilja uses the Abarth 500, Ruf Yellow Bird, BMW M3 E30 as the first cars to introduce new features).
Look at object naming and material settings, etc of the exhaust on those cars and tehn replicate those exact settings on your mod car you want to have the same feature.

Just me stabbing in the dark ;-)

EDIT:
@gergerger - here you go ;-)

I just searched the CSP discord and immediately found this helpful jewel of info by one of the top wise guys who always help out - thanks Trawa !

View attachment 920970

Here is the code (adapt as needed):

[VISUAL_OBJECT_0]
NAME=EXHAUST
STATIC_ROTATION_AXIS=-1,0,0
STATIC_ROTATION_ANGLE=0
MULT_G=0.1
DAMAGE_ZONE=REAR
FULL_SPEED=-1
ALLOWED_G=0,0,0
OSCILLATION_MIN_ANGLE=0
OSCILLATION_MAX_ANGLE=30 ; and this to change amplitude

[VISUAL_OBJECT_1]
NAME=RX7_ENGINE
STATIC_ROTATION_AXIS=1,0,0
STATIC_ROTATION_ANGLE=0
MULT_G=0.1
DAMAGE_ZONE=REAR
FULL_SPEED=-1
ALLOWED_G=0,0,0
OSCILLATION_MIN_ANGLE=0
OSCILLATION_MAX_ANGLE=90 ; and this to change amplitude

As per you not seeing such code in car extensions you saw an animated exhaust, those cars may indeed have been animated by an CSP auto recognition feature, hence no need to code the lines in an extension file (my best guess).
Thanks a lot for all the explanations and the time you take to give me an answer :)
Thanks also to all others ones that give me advices too, really appreciated! :)

T

I have to say this is so much better and what this mod should have been!! Very enjoyable to drive
Will you also update the A110S? I think the original mod does come with it

You speak to me I could not even take advantage of it he removed the link and the patch of this Alpine First Edition

@menos | M6 you are the man! I adapted the code, but dunno where it goes. Looked all over data files for strings of the code, in cars with shaking exhaust, and didn't find anything. I can't change the name of the car parts either, as I'm just using CM. But thanks for the info, I may stumble upon a solution by trying further!
you must extract data.acd of the car with CM (go to Content Manager...Content...Cars...select the car you want to extract data.acd files and press ALT+J) then a data folder is created in your car folder. After that, delete data.acd file in your car folder (if not, the game will read data.acd file first).
Once deleted, go to data folder and you have to put the code or values posted before inside "damage.ini". Of course, you need to know the object name of the exhaust to put in NAME="object name for the exhaust"

I donated 5 EUROS to get the Full version of the Content Manager, but I don't get a serial key.
Could anybody give me an advise?
I paid via PAYPAL.
Did you include your email address in the PayPal payment, and have you checked your spam bin?
If both answers are 'yes', then how long have you waited? It can sometimes take a few days.
If you have been waiting a long time, try asking on the shader patch discord in case you have been missed.

I only paid yesterday at 5 pm. Maybe it's too short. I didn't put my e-mail on the paypal payment, but it was said the serial key would be sent to the e-mail-address connected to the paypal account.
So let's hope for the best.

I only paid yesterday at 5 pm. Maybe it's too short. I didn't put my e-mail on the paypal payment, but it was said the serial key would be sent to the e-mail-address connected to the paypal account.
So let's hope for the best.
When I did it some time ago, I did not receive a key for a few days. The I wrote an email with my PayPal donation information, and I got an email with the key and an apology from Iliya the next day. Just write to him. He's very busy, probably just missed it.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back