Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,490 comments
Thank you very much, I've already used the solution described by GzeroD (@Shaun Clarke take a look at it!) and it works! :gtpflag:

The only thing that's not clear to me, is how to use SHOW_CLICKS.
Example: now my MAX is 111 and I want it back to 100. How should I set SHOW_CLICKS to fulfill this purpose? Thanks a lot.

OTTOMH Set MIN=33 then it should be 75 steps to default and 100 to MAX=133. Probably like that and can't remember what SHOW_CLICK= should be but just try and see, I think you can use 1, 2, or 3
It's written down somewhere but can't 'member just now.

I haven't yet. I've looked through the ini though. I'm pretty happy with the default. If I ever get time though I'd like to make some tracks darker with more shadows but not really a necessity, just more about tinkering.
Thanks, I'll be totally honest with you, I don't know the first thing about modding and used CustomTracksBakery for the first time the other day on Detroit Belle Isle, (the circuit that caused the confusion a couple of days ago) yes, it's billiard table smooth and from what I've gleaned from this thread it's down to the mesh? all I wanted to do was adjust the exposure - wish I knew how. My background is engineering (mechanical design engineer) so if you wanted to race tune an engine i'd be your man but I'm clueless on how to do this.

Is this something ACU is working on now? I went looking for the track and found a couple links, as well I see someone provided a link to a detroit circut track in the comments on your Race Department cams page(even has a couple billboard skins by mascot). All links lead to detroit circuit that don't appear to be related to ACU. None of these seem to work with your cameras. If it's not currently being done, where would I find the ACU version? Seems like a great track, would love to find the one that works with your cams:tup:

greetings... great circuit by the way... it now requires the appropriate amount of lighting for night racing ands it will be a hoot...

in response, all that you've asked for is on this thread, and not necessarily just a few previous pages... this thread is rapidly evolving and gaining momentum each passing day, so it may not have been that easy to spot...

foremost, both Detroit tracks mentioned (detroit and acu-detroit) did not have cameras, with Safi Heli being her kind self and provided one here...

afterwards, we had LiquidSkyMan redo the AI and much more here...

and then came the additional cameras on RD here...

note1: cam-files names are: camera_1, cam..._2 and cam..._3.
note2: without the 'cameras.ini', subsequent cameras are useless - hence, renaming the files if required...

basically, what GTplanet members are getting is a fully complimented track - with a lot of expertise, time, effort, love & dedication - so its really in order (and also polite) to express some level of gratitude to all members that have in some way contributed...

@safi hellie
@Foxeway
@LiquidSkyMan
@Masscot
@track_maker/converter/re-worker

here's a generalised kind reminder note for all requests:

please use the SEARCH function beforehand... do your research, the thread can seem confusing at the best of times, just take your time, cause it's mostly all here...

enjoy...

Hello, I'v just discovered the cars preset in CM, traiyng to use che GRID mod car .cmpreset files, but I don't understand how to use them.
They should load with one click all the opponents for the race or tghe champ the file is about, correct? And I think I put them in the correct folder, because CM see them, but when I select one preset (in quick race or in user championship section) nothing happen. What is wrong?

Thank you

Immagine.png Immagine2.jpg

Last edited:
It's fully automated with all necessary arguments already written bluepeter. Just drop the nk5 onto the bakery exe., wait for it to finish and save the vao in the same folder the kn5 is in, then you're ready to drive.
Yes I did that but popped the created vao into assettocorsa/extention/vao-patches

I will pass it on to the guy who's creating it!

In the meantime I've been trying to fix some stuff myself, to help him out a bit as he can't work on it the coming week. I was trying to smoothen the transition from the gravel, asphalt and grass. I tried it out with the Kunos textures and shaders at first, to get a feel for it, but I'm not getting the result I'm looking for. Does anyone have an idea how I can do this, or what I'm doing wrong?
101601121-261064324996002-1597451654829965312-n.png
Has to do with the alpha layer of the main texture, i think...

Has anyone received the free car email from RSS this morning? The download link has a weird behavior. When clicking download to get the car, it shows a refund of all the cars I've purchased before and then the free car is Out of Stock. Anyone else see that?

Very nice, is yours based on the RD version? I think I prefer yours after checking it out! The banks suffer the same stepping motion for the cars, could you fix this? Unfortunately the cars have even more trouble starting, only 1 got away in the first 10 seconds:

have done a skin for it based on the actual track, i will try to it as soon as i can, don't got aa lot of time actually
Screenshot_vrc_arc_chevrette28_charlotte_28-5-120-23-36-43.jpg

Has anyone received the free car email from RSS this morning? The download link has a weird behavior. When clicking download to get the car, it shows a refund of all the cars I've purchased before and then the free car is Out of Stock. Anyone else see that?

The link works fine for me, although I did receive 2 emails this morning, identical.

Guys, @ales100i recently posted the awesome brazil clio cup cars here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/posts/13121720/
Thank you, bro! I love these things, but the windshield banner and numbers were so jagged and low resolution, I really found it distracting. I went ahead and removed the banner and number information for my windshield and it makes the cars perfect for me now, personally. It's attached to this post. You'll need to put it into each of the cars' skin folders.
assettocorsa\content\cars\1st_copa_clio\skins\[car]
If you want to just do it for the car your driving, then of course just put it in the skin folder of that car. As always, I suggest making backups before overwriting anything.

[EDIT] I've reattached an updated version. Thanks for your patience.

Attachments

• window (2).zip
    259.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Made these Marlboro liveries for the Kamachi Racing Revival Project for @eklchan90
(link at the end of this post - please go and check it out :cheers:) and thought I'd release em here so you guys can add them to your 80s Group A races.
Skins are here https://mega.nz/file/nDZUlQba#rRM-T-zT-kBcHWwMGUBsxL8tJihhGu2xRbWpOYGApCw

Marlboro BMW 635csi Group A
Year: Macau GP 1985
Driver/Result: Gerhard Berger(#2) ; Roberto Ravaglia (DNF)

Berger didn't have a good start off the line. He had to fight his way from the back to 2nd but he couldn't catch the nimble Volvo 240 turbo in the twisty Macau street circuit. Nevertheless, this was an exciting race and a very iconic car/driver combo.
2020-03-22-10-31-50-jpg.927166

Both skins feature coloured stickers on the headlights and window banners and pirelli tyres.

Screenshot_bmw_635_csi_group_a_macau_4-6-120-15-53-4.jpg

KAMACHI Revival Project is to preserve the racing heritage of Kamachi Race Team in the 80's and introduce the Hong Kong/Macau motorsport history through our beloved hobby of simracing.
For more info please check out:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...l-project-e30-m3-volvo-240t-macau-80s.391310/

The link works fine for me, although I did receive 2 emails this morning, identical.
Try doing what I said on the other post. Go to the selfy page, log in. Alongside with all your cars will be the new one to download.
I had two reoccurring emails today and they had the link right in the email that took me to this.

Thanks for the help guys. I've sent RSS a note for help.

Itu8vdP.jpg

All those retro SGT season summary movies on youtube have made me desperate to drive some old JGTC - so I (mostly) did just that! Put together some mods I found here and there and somehow they're all balanced and its some of the most fun I've had in offline simracing!

No GT300 though :(
GT300s will come, we are working on them, slowly but we are working on them.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back