Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,506 comments
If someone wants to redo the AI on Newbury 2006 v1.1 without any problem, you can even create a complete new archive, it's not me who would make a story out of it.
I completely understand. You might see things differently once you put more than 20 minutes of your time, let alone days, into improving a track.
In the mean time, lets be nice to each other, shall we? Have a nice day.
PS: I was not 'making a story' just asking you to consider. Too much asked?

Last edited:
I completely understand. You might see things differently once you put more than 20 minutes of your time, let alone days, into improving a track.
In the mean time, lets be nice to each other, shall we? Have a nice day.
PS: I was not 'making a story' just asking you to consider. Too much asked, I guess.

@Zwiss You approached the original situation like a gentleman completely. imo.

I don't think the dig at the end of _easy's_ post about 'making a story of it' was necessary.

Last edited:
Hey all, I've made another Colorado track. This time it's High Plains Raceway, a small track in the middle of nowhere.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/high-plains-raceway.34284/

1594330990098-png.386999

I think I have a new favorite track for the weekend. It's so much like tracks that are near me. Because of the elevation changes and blind apexes, it frustrates you to no end at first as you find yourself suddenly making your own offroad rally course. However, you want to keep driving laps because of the quality of the road surface, and the way you've captured the "experience" of driving a track like this.

Now for the "constructive comments" as I'm sure you're still working on this. You could substantially improve the "experience" even more by "finessing" the roadside materials and grass (and yes, that can be a pain to get it right). You might look at @pk3r72owns Willow track, when he release the next update, to see how normal maps and grassFX models were used to add more features to the trackside areas.

The only other thing would be to add some more trackside features. Maybe some vehicles as if marshalls have driven to their stations, or an ambulance. Maybe a hay bale roll or two on some of the distant fields. At my local track, the personnel often drive ATVs across the grounds to get to marshal stations or to help an immobilized driver.

And please, can someone do something about those fat, over sized cones from RTB, and replace them with more realistic cones? Why do I always think of the pop star Madonna when I see them. I find myself drawn to them for some strange reason. :eek: There must be a way to substitute and get rid of those default models.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1384#post-13161735

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I have a new favorite track for the weekend. It's so much like tracks that are near me. Because of the elevation changes and blind apexes, it frustrates you to no end at first as you find yourself suddenly making your own offroad rally course. However, you want to keep driving laps because of the quality of the road surface, and the way you've captured the "experience" of driving a track like this.

I think you could substantially improve the "experience" even more by "finessing" the roadside materials and grass (and yes, that can be a pain to get it right). You might look at @pk3r72owns Willow track, when he release the next update, to see how normal maps and grassFX models were used to add more features to the trackside areas.

The only other thing would be to add a little more trackside features, maybe some vehicles as if marshalls have driven to their stations, or an ambulance. Maybe a hay bale roll or two on some of the distant fields.

And please, can someone do something about those fat, over sized cones from BTB, and replace them with more realistic cones? Why do I always think of the pop star Madonna when I see them. I find myself drawn to them for some strange reason. There must be a way to substitute and get rid of those default models.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1384#post-13161735

wait, I think those cones are really the breast ones to use on tracks. :P jk.

Silly question time...

Is anybody else having grip issues using the Reboot Daytona track ? For the life of me, I can't negotiate any of the infield corners or the chicane at any kind of speed, every car I try simply slides along like it's on ice! Now I know I'm not the greatest driver out there, but I don't have any problems at any of the other versions of Daytona, just this one... some help/suggestions would be appreciated!

BTW - using CM's "real weather" setting... it's a nice hot day in Florida :)

BM

Sorry to pull a Harris Hawke on ya'll (just teasing Harris).

[EDIT] SOME FOLKS HAVE POSTED LINKS TO THE OLDER VERSIONS. LOOK FORWARD. THANK YOU!!!!

repost:
[EDIT] Seriously, if there's anyone here that hasn't updated the ASR 90's F1 cars, please zip up what you have and post the old versions. I knew I shouldn't have overwritten my backup this morning.... dangit...
/repost

Won't do it again, promise.

Last edited:
Bewoss, was dirt working before and stop working recently, or has it never worked for you? or maybe I'm thinking 'dust'...? Are dust and dirt different fx?

It used to work before. Have no idea what happened... Dust Works....But not dirt from rally tracks or water spray from wet tracks
.Screenshot_porsche_911_camel_turbo_jacarepagua1988_30-4-120-16-2-39.jpg

repost:
[EDIT] Seriously, if there's anyone here that hasn't updated the ASR 90's F1 cars, please zip up what you have and post the old versions. I knew I shouldn't have overwritten my backup this morning.... dangit...
/repost

I haven't updated mine since May, so I got ya covered. Will post a link here when it's available.

repost:
/repost

ASR screwed up badly...I had an argument with one of the owners and I think I know what happened....

There are some sites on the internet, where you can learn, how to extract 3D models from some type of games. Some modder know it, but the lot of isn't.

You can find programs or scripts on that sites, which can convert the models to usable formats like: obj, fbx, dds textures etc.
(They are not the genenreal 3D model rippes like 3dripperdx or ninja, you don't need to run the game, it extracts the models from files.)
But these programs are not working 100% correct. There is a lot of bugs.

You can even rip models from Xbox or Playstatiton games!!

And there is a lot of video on youtube, how to use these programs.

You can extract all tracks and cars from Codemasters games a lot years ago. I don't know why anybody thought, that it is impossible. You can open with 3DSimed or pssg editor(textures), and there was importers for 3DSMax. You only need to open the .nefs files, but there is a special program for it. The track conversion is heavy because all the movable parts is in the center of the track, but I think the tracks converted for AC is not contains these models, or it is repositioned to their original place.

For ACC track conversion:
(I haven't got the game, I didn't tried...)
It is technically possible, because it using Unreal4 engine. There is a model viewer, which you can extract the all models and materials. I used it for GRAVEL game. We need a car for RichardBurnsRally, and we can extract from the files, open with Blender, and the convert to a common 3D format,then we can start converting into RBR. I didn't tried to open tracks from GRAVEL.

And some word for the new Dakar cars on assettorally site:
I think AC is not good in gravel. On that surface I think the best is still the RichardBurnsRally. The DirtRally 2.0 is good, but it has a lack of track (without DLCs). And than LFS, and AC is only after that...
Despite these, thanks for the cars, I will try them!!

These cars are converted from Codemasters Dirt Series, the Dakar18, and from GRAVEL game.
I know everything that you are talking about, I do it myself, I tried to get models from many games. There are no problems with some - this is Dakar 18 using umodel, or Rfactor2 (old content) and Codemasters game using 3dsimed. I was interested to try with other games that cannot be opened in obvious ways.
But with other games this does not work out. For example, PCars 2, or Dirt rally ... ACC I also could not open. But it happened to others.
But I continue to work on the conversion tracks from GT4 :)
And I managed to get a part of the tracks from Iracing.
And I’m surprised that so far the author of 3D simmed has not made support for this simulator, because it has the same structure as the older games of this developer - GPL and Nascar, which 3D simmed supports ... I tried to find modding tools for these games, but everything is so old that all the links that are on the network have not been working for a long time ... Therefore, just to open the track - failed. But it can be obtained using 3D Ripper

Just a update on my FCP euro skin I have been busy doing IRL training this week so it probable release next week or this weekend. Yes both 71 and 72 will be pack and thinking doing some more from the TC america series formally pirelli world challenge has I have high res photos from my trip to ST Pete grand piex last year and Sebring WEC 12h events.

RhZa1lW.jpg

nYuZTxI.jpg

Now for the "constructive comments" as I'm sure you're still working on this. You could substantially improve the "experience" even more by "finessing" the roadside materials and grass (and yes, that can be a pain to get it right). You might look at @pk3r72owns Willow track, when he release the next update, to see how normal maps and grassFX models were used to add more features to the trackside areas.

The only other thing would be to add some more trackside features. Maybe some vehicles as if marshalls have driven to their stations, or an ambulance. Maybe a hay bale roll or two on some of the distant fields. At my local track, the personnel often drive ATVs across the grounds to get to marshal stations or to help an immobilized driver.

And please, can someone do something about those fat, over sized cones from BTB, and replace them with more realistic cones? Why do I always think of the pop star Madonna when I see them. I find myself drawn to them for some strange reason. :eek: There must be a way to substitute and get rid of those default models.

Hahaha I hate the cones too. But in my workflow the cones are a major pain in the ass to do so as soon as they were placed I washed my hands of the situation. I guess they aren't difficult, they are just annoying. I'll probably revise the cones eventually.

I did think of the track marshals getting to their stations and watched several videos of the track to get a feel for realistic scenery and I didn't see any vehicles so in my reality these guys get bussed out to their stations.

I'm not great at making models, most of these models came from BTB/RTB xpacks and a few from 3dwarehouse. I did make a couple though, the structure and lights for the starting lights, and the little solar panels on top of the marshal huts. I had a couple ambulance models but they were all european ones and the textures were really blurry so I skipped it. If I could get a decent ambulance model (without just ripping one from another track) I'd definitely put one in.

My workflow with RTB might be a bit wrong, here's how I do it, and I think I've got it as streamlined as I can but if I'm making things too difficult, please tell me!

1. I get the highest quality google map data with the built in functions of RTB. It usually takes an hour or two to grab all the images and automatically stitch them together.
  2. I lay down the roads, curbs, and some basic built in objects to test.
  3. If a track has multiple layouts I export the road as it's own fbx, the timing objects as their own fbx, and the rest as it's own FBX.
  4. After the initial export I use a batch DDS conversion app to convert all of the textures to DXT5 DDS files
  5. Do a find and replace in the ini files to change .jpg, .jpeg, and .png to dds.
  6. Copy the texture folder and the ini to a separate place so each export I can replace the exported textures with the converted ones, and replace the ini with the one from my backup (or just replace the materials section if other big changes like new models have been added since the last export) This is also useful to keep the textures for custom shaders like the perpixelmultimap_emissive shader which is good for making only part of a given surface light up instead of the whole material (like making building windows glow or making just the light bulb glow on a light where the entire structure of the light including post is all in one texture). Unfortunately RTB doesn't have a way for me to add that as a shader in the app and have the emissive map be saved as part of the material. So i back up the file there, and back up the definition from the INI to quickly copy and paste it back. If I've added new materials since the last time I exported, RTB places them in the INI files in an arbitrary order and it's a real pain in the ass to carry the material info over from the backup file to the new one (the settings like specularity and ambient light as well as other shader settings) so most of the time I save those tweaks for the very end
  7. the file size of the background map that RTB generates from all of the google maps stuff is too big for even the patched kseditor to handle and when RTB exports it as DDS it refuses to compress it so I make sure to compress it and put that into my backup texture folder as well, so when I put the textures back in before opening kseditor it has the proper compressed version. a 1GB 16k x 16k background texture compresses down to 256MB with DXT5 compression.
  8. open each FBX individually in KSEditor and make some kn5s. For roads I name the pit road 1PIT_... and if a road isn't used in a particular layout rename it to 1RESTRICTED_...
  9. replace textures in materials that were made with jpg or png with their DDS equivalents inside the RTB project
  10. Make the road perfect
  11. Start adding objects to make it look better/more realistic. A lot of times these are from 3dwarehouse, xpacks, or tiny simple things I build myself. Anything from 3dwarehouse or that I build myself gets stuffed into my own xpack with textures converted to compressed DDS before placing them in.
  12. Since cones are objects and I can only export ALL objects from RTB I usually wait until the very end, make a copy of my track, delete all the objects, place the cones, and then export objects from there for each variant (since cone placement is different in each layout) and make that the cones. I'll usually redo the timing objects at this point too for each variant.
  13. make some crappy AI that I hope someone competent replaces quickly
  14. make my sections
  15. mess with other features like starting lights
  16. tweak CSP lights and grass and stuff
  17. run the models.ini files through the VAO bakery
  18. release
This track I started last Thursday and was ready for release this Thursday. But it was pretty simple without a lot of surroundings.

Things I've started doing with RTB lately are making custom "wall" objects to use for things like curbs and skidmarks. Walls are the only tools in RTB that you can use to place flat surfaces (other than roads I guess but roads are special) and that allows a lot more flexibility with curb styles, texture scaling, etc. As long as you don't name the wall 1WALL then they won't act like walls.

Once that's all done I start messing with CSP stuff.

I am sure there are better ways to do some of the stuff I'm doing and I'm sure there's at least one person going "that's a lot of work, just use blender!" but man, I've tried and blender is hard. RTB has dedicated tools for just laying down a road. I tried following lilski's videos and when it got to the point of laying down the track with bezier splines my handles were all over the place and I just gave up and went back to RTB.

Other things that are really challenging with RTB are when 2 roads join each other, like in the middle of this track, or pretty much every corner in Denver. Roads in RTB just don't want to touch each other and act weird when they do. It takes meticulous editing of cross sections to get them to join up just right, and one tiny terrain fix to the side of the track and screw it all up. I'd say a good 50% of the time spent working on High Plains was making the road sections join up properly.

Thanks for listening to my TED talk.

We know akr_newcastle is quite narrow, but can someone please fix the AI? The cars hit the sides and maybe it is the adjustments of the racing borders.

iks
Here are the 1991 ASR cars as of May (along with some 3rd party skins).

Note: this only includes the car folders, not the font and driver folders:
https://mega.nz/file/yDJGTIzZ#YmNbXg6vPxNeSgdZ14tmxeQxWjkjb1jzIvfengIaMNk

iks, seriously thank you. I have downloaded it, backed it up forever, and installed it. I'd love to know what the deal was with ASR on this update. Sounds like a good story, or some drama, or something. I'm a nosey SOB. Someone share the story :P

That's another one @slider666 improved a lot but did not post because - you know - a paymod...

Yeah, I was hoping there was another version out there that was free, since gilles always seemed to use an existing base track. But, yeah, like you said, 'paymod' on this one. Ah well. There are many more tracks to improve and share :)

Last edited:
Holy crap. The ASR 1990's F1 cars... Did they screw with the sounds too??? The car sounds like shirt now. Dangit. I'm going to have to dig out my old zip's from ASR... So weird and bad.

damnit, these were free, weren't they? That's why I don't have zip backups. Bloody hell.
can
I might be able to help, I do have all zips before the latest... I think.

edit
Uploading now, all zips as of June 9 updates.

edit edit
Did you just want 1991, or all of the 90's?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ymgqpb2pz2mhz78/ASR_-_1991_-_Brabham_BT60Y_-_v1.03.rar/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/cpc1px5w4fum9yo/ASR_-_1991_-_Larrousse_LC91_%u2013_v1.07.rar/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ilqtf5tflxzdpsq/ASR_-_1991_-_Fondmetal_FOMET1_-_V1.03.rar/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/27pqg4puothf0rg/ASR_-_1991_-_Tyrrell_020_-_v1.17.rar/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/qx71rr6v0fy68xw/ASR_-_1991_-_Minardi_M191_-_v1.09.rar/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/1s16cu6j6zmdjct/ASR_-_1991_-_Jordan_191_-_v1.01.rar/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/r0vo7ijdv48z58u/ASR_-_1991_-_Williams_FW14_-_v1.38.rar/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/dpyomdmow7lu9f1/ASR_-_1991_-_Ferrari_643_-_v2.36.rar/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/fyo9wgj8r5pk0vf/ASR_-_1991_-_Benetton_B191_-_V1.06.rar/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/vmal78moa8nmjjd/ASR_-_1991_-_McLaren_MP4-6_-_v1.32.rar/file

Last edited:
I did the maths and at 24fps an image is displayed on a screen for 0.04166666666 of a second.
Using STflow we can offset a 4096px x 4096px dds file by 1 UV offset per second, with pause timing of 0.0416666s to get 1 second of 24fps footage

upload_2020-7-10_21-34-1.png

or we can get 2 seconds of 12fps footage but using pause duration of 0.08333333333

upload_2020-7-10_21-34-29.png

Leads to this result.

ShVkP84

Also made the OBVIOUS discovery that the images should move vertically across the frame instead of horizontally, as this allows for more frames per texture.

tvtestf1logo.jpg

Just like a real roll of film at this point!

it's been quite fun playing with the refresh rate, as you can set it to be ever so slightly off to give the effect of an out of sync TV where the picture is constantly moving up an down. Need to make a broken TV model to put in the garages of some 80's tracks with this effect! could look cool!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back