Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,504 comments
I did the maths and at 24fps an image is displayed on a screen for 0.04166666666 of a second.
Using STflow we can offset a 4096px x 4096px dds file by 1 UV offset per second, with pause timing of 0.0416666s to get 1 second of 24fps footage

View attachment 939497

or we can get 2 seconds of 12fps footage but using pause duration of 0.08333333333

View attachment 939498

Leads to this result.

ShVkP84

Also made the OBVIOUS discovery that the images should move vertically across the frame instead of horizontally, as this allows for more frames per texture.

View attachment 939499

Just like a real roll of film at this point!

it's been quite fun playing with the refresh rate, as you can set it to be ever so slightly off to give the effect of an out of sync TV where the picture is constantly moving up an down. Need to make a broken TV model to put in the garages of some 80's tracks with this effect! could look cool!

The question is, how much is this hurting in game FPS?

I did the maths and at 24fps an image is displayed on a screen for 0.04166666666 of a second.
Using STflow we can offset a 4096px x 4096px dds file by 1 UV offset per second, with pause timing of 0.0416666s to get 1 second of 24fps footage

View attachment 939497

or we can get 2 seconds of 12fps footage but using pause duration of 0.08333333333

View attachment 939498

Leads to this result.

ShVkP84

Also made the OBVIOUS discovery that the images should move vertically across the frame instead of horizontally, as this allows for more frames per texture.

View attachment 939499

Just like a real roll of film at this point!

it's been quite fun playing with the refresh rate, as you can set it to be ever so slightly off to give the effect of an out of sync TV where the picture is constantly moving up an down. Need to make a broken TV model to put in the garages of some 80's tracks with this effect! could look cool!

Check out sx Le Mans track and the recent Singapore update by @jk0011 - both use animated screens and billboards.

FORMULA RENAULT 2.0 PHYSICS MOD FOR TATUUS FA01

Back at it again with another Tatuus physics mod. This time, better

This mod replicates the physics of the pre-2018 FR2.0 onto the Tatuus FA01. Includes a few skins by Shokeus ACT80's on RD.

Changes (All reflect real life car) :
- Renault F4R engine + sound (from Praga R1; sounds mean as hell)
- Power bumped up to 210 bhp
- Aero tweaked (has around 10% more downforce than the regular FA01)
- Has 7 instead of 6 gears
- Gearing unchangable; replicates the real life gearing as close as possible (3rd gear's a little short but it's fine)
- RPMs boosted to 7500
- Animations changed (uses paddle shift animations instead of stick)
- Weight adjusted (509kg empty)
- Fuel capacity increased (50L)

This uses the same engine as the stock Praga R1, since IRL they use the same exact engine. It laps about the same as the iRacing FR2.0, in my testing. I used the iRacing version to learn the gearing of the car. The iRacing car tops out at the end of the front straight at Imola, so does this one, etc, etc.

Heres's a ""hotlap"" around Magny-Cours

And here's the link. Installation and credits in the .txt document :)

UPDATE 1.0

https://www.racedepartment.com/down...la-renault-2-0-physics-for-tatuus-fa01.34322/

Changelog:

- Data display adjusted
- Added new skins by DouDou_4 on RD
- Aero is now more intricate (31 clicks on the front, 18 at the rear, like the real car)

Last edited:
The question is, how much is this hurting in game FPS?

It really doesn't seem to make that much of a difference, technically the difference will be similar to the animated water we've got on a lot of tracks now. The biggest difference would probably be if you were to start using a massive texture for any longer / high Res video clips I suppose.

It really doesn't seem to make that much of a difference, technically the difference will be similar to the animated water we've got on a lot of tracks now. The biggest difference would probably be if you were to start using a massive texture for any longer / high Res video clips I suppose.

Gotcha. and yeah the discord I'm on has already made a few jokes about making some high quality NSFW signs haha.

Denver Street Circuit
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/denver-street-circuit.34061/update/60564/
1.0.1 Small update
  • Fixed textures on the city and county building that were too bright near the rear entrance
  • Fixed weird sponsor placement on bridges
  • Changed grip level of the track to match Kunos tracks (it was way too grippy before)
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/denver-street-circuit.34061/updates

Cote, You may probably blame me on the grip level on the Denver track. When I did the AI and side lines to help Gutbomb I cranked up the grip level to have some fun with the INDY F1 cars. As you did, feel free to change the friction levels in the SURFACES file to what you think it should be. take care and thanks for your changes.

Cote, You may probably blame me on the grip level on the Denver track. When I did the AI and side lines to help Gutbomb I cranked up the grip level to have some fun with the INDY F1 cars. As you did, feel free to change the friction levels in the SURFACES file to what you think it should be. take care and thanks for your changes.
It was @gutbomb who did that. @Cote Dazur just posted it here... ;)

It was @gutbomb who did that. @Cote Dazur just posted it here... ;)

Yes, I know Gutbomb did the track. When I saw his first post of the track, I just helped with the AI lines and side lines which I gave to him and then got Gutbomb interested again in finishing the Scenery + lighting for the Denver track. I dont know if he changed my SURFACES settings which I had ROAD set at 1.30 when I was testing. So that is was I am trying to say. Now @Cote Dazur is doing some more great updates for the track.

And for the lovers of the Brazilian stock cars: Zombieboy (from F1 Classic forum) passed me the link for a car he has been doing some work on (replaced the sfx, made it a single-make series - as Stock Car Brasil was in 2017.
I have not tried it yet in its present state, but he says everybody is free to make other improvements...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5jwnwp6qrtlt10o/ag_chevrolet_cruze_sotckcar.rar/file

khodair.png

Just click "Fix It" on all of them. Can someone explain why this happens? It's very frustrating because it's fine on my end.
sure I tried of course to click fix it at all but doesn't work, actually this afternoon when I downloaded the other version worked pretty good, I cancelled the old version and made from zero everything but nothing ..doesn't matter is not a big deal...

this version found here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/page-1402

Update... I cancelled at all ; I downloaded from the post attached above , made at all from zero , cancelled data file and shift as description but crash again...I give up no problem .. cheers

Last edited:
Yes, I know Gutbomb did the track. When I saw his first post of the track, I just helped with the AI lines and side lines which I gave to him and then got Gutbomb interested again in finishing the Scenery + lighting for the Denver track. I dont know if he changed my SURFACES settings which I had ROAD set at 1.30 when I was testing. So that is was I am trying to say. Now @Cote Dazur is doing some more great updates for the track.

I think what he's saying is that I made the update, Cote just posted a link to the update :D

I just made a minor update to Utah as well, added starting lights, added a setting that should keep the black triangles in the sand from showing up, and tweaked the lighting at night.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/utah-motorsports-campus.32796/

Thanks for your help with the AI on Denver too, I just initially forgot to change the grip back to a reasonable level :D

sure I tried of course to click fix it at all but doesn't work, actually this afternoon when I downloaded the other version worked pretty good, I cancelled the old version and made from zero everything but nothing ..doesn't matter is not a big deal...

this version found here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/page-1402
Hmmm...you must not have installed the new one correctly....I tried it on a friends PC and it worked fine. Is something in the instructions lost in translation?

this version found here:

Update... I cancelled at all ; I downloaded from the post attached above , made at all from zero , cancelled data file and shift as description but crash again...I give up no problem .. cheers
Check “the tatuusfa1_fr2.0” folder and see if you have a folder called “data” (NOT “DATA.ACD”) and delete it.

Other than that, I have no idea.

Please, could someone else see if they get the same issues?

The NewCastle 500 track:

OK, I guess because I love street tracks and broke down and bought the NewCastle 500 track. Because of the currency difference the track cost US $14.95. I know it is pricy but wanted to try the track after watching the you tube video.

Initial things I find with the track:
Graphics is very well done, kind of reminds me a a small Macau type track.
No night lighting at this time
There are 30 pit stalls.
Frame rates are around 80 fps with my test with 15 AI cars - using VR and very high 4k screen size.
Track has some nice variations-roughness, elevations, and a nice flow to the track.

some initial bad race things,
Out of the box-no changes and doing a quick race with 15 AI F1 cars, because of the speeds and sliding going into the first turn, many pile up into outside wall tires when bunched up, also the 2nd turn they also slide into the outside tires. The first 2 turns are narrow right hand turns with tires on the outside walls.

I then tried the Mclaren 650 GT3 cars and they do better far as getting through those two turns. They may side bump into each other but they dont grab like open wheel cars do.

Once the AI get spread out and single file, they go around the track very well. So plan to add some AI hints to first 2 turns for the F1 cars.

Check “the tatuusfa1_fr2.0” folder and see if you have a folder called “data” (NOT “DATA.ACD”) and delete it.

Other than that, I have no idea.

Please, could someone else see if they get the same issues?

Same issues here. I guess there´s an important one with tyres. It says the error comes from using an old tyre model "v0".
Sound bank is not properly named as the folder name you described, but that´s easy.
And finally out of ignorance I don´t know if the name of the .kn5 is supposed to be the same as the original Tatuus.

Hope it helps!

Same issues here. I guess there´s an important one with tyres. It says the error comes from using an old tyre model "v0".
Sound bank is not properly named as the folder name you described, but that´s easy.
And finally out of ignorance I don´t know if the name of the .kn5 is supposed to be the same as the original Tatuus.

Hope it helps!

AH! In the instructions I put the wrong folder name. Thanks!

Wait, say what?

The Formula Gran Turismo just popped up over on Assettoland out of nowhere. Converted by a guy/team named SATLAB. Never heard of them.

Anyways, link for it is here if anyone's interested in trying it out. I'm still not yet at the capacity to be able to judge physics and whatnot very well at the moment so if someone wants to give it a go and let us know how it is, I would appreciate that very much. At the very least it should be good fun to throw around some GT original tracks.

https://mega.nz/file/FOohHbTK#ec7x76awWtc5RkwNbYOvgzrWB1u4DZ-nLy9_lWOeBuU

View attachment 939453

Would be an interesting car, but I get the worst CPU-occupancy-issue ever with a 20-car grid. And I rarely get any of those nowadays... Hopefully this gets some lods. It's always nice when Turismo-content gets hijacked by AC.

The NewCastle 500 track:

OK, I guess because I love street tracks and broke down and bought the NewCastle 500 track. Because of the currency difference the track cost US $14.95. I know it is pricy but wanted to try the track after watching the you tube video.

Initial things I find with the track:
Graphics is very well done, kind of reminds me a a small Macau type track.
No night lighting at this time
There are 30 pit stalls.
Frame rates are around 80 fps with my test with 15 AI cars - using VR and very high 4k screen size.
Track has some nice variations-roughness, elevations, and a nice flow to the track.

some initial bad race things,
Out of the box-no changes and doing a quick race with 15 AI F1 cars, because of the speeds and sliding going into the first turn, many pile up into outside wall tires when bunched up, also the 2nd turn they also slide into the outside tires. The first 2 turns are narrow right hand turns with tires on the outside walls.

I then tried the Mclaren 650 GT3 cars and they do better far as getting through those two turns. They may side bump into each other but they dont grab like open wheel cars do.

Once the AI get spread out and single file, they go around the track very well. So plan to add some AI hints to first 2 turns for the F1 cars.

Attention - PROBLEM with this NewCastle 500 track.

Seems with some lower to the ground bodied cars such as the Estonias f1 cars and VRC f1 cars I have, they seem to hit some invisible meshes as they go down the track. It is like they hit a invisible wall at certain speeds and only certain sections of the track. Does not do this everywhere.

I would not recommend getting this track if you Drive cars as mentioned above. I tried several kunos cars and they seem to do fine so far.

I have to re-do their AI lines, I am getting too many incidents cause of the fast lane line is too close to the walls in the corners. At least I can fix this. I cant fix the invisible meshes. i will let them know about this. A track should work with any car mod.

At least I am finding out things about the track for you all. take care.

And for the lovers of the Brazilian stock cars: Zombieboy (from F1 Classic forum) passed me the link for a car he has been doing some work on (replaced the sfx, made it a single-make series - as Stock Car Brasil was in 2017.
I have not tried it yet in its present state, but he says everybody is free to make other improvements...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5jwnwp6qrtlt10o/ag_chevrolet_cruze_sotckcar.rar/file

View attachment 939528
Sup Fana.

This thing turns up again:D I've given up on her. For over a year now, every version/improve of this car its the same result, binned. Every single one of them, and not just little prickly pear stuff. Think the thing has been infected with covid long before it made it here to the states.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back