Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,503 comments
upload_2020-7-10_22-15-32.png

In your Assetto Corsa root folder, go to sdk/dev/content/cars there’s a car called formula_k. It’s the same as the Tatuus.

The whole car? or just a file...
nm

I do not have formula K and the original tattoo causes errors

GUERILLA Mods - BMW M2 CS Racing (BETA)

hey guys!
this is our 10k members thank you special :bowdown:

https://bit.ly/gue_bmw_m2_cs_001

View attachment 932633

Cheers!

Your GUERILLA Mods Team!

I want to give a shot out to you guys for doing these types of things...what a great time to be had by your efforts...*in my opinion*

I dare not say the mod is 'great' or even 'good' for what that could bare. I just really enjoy it.

Attention - PROBLEM with this NewCastle 500 track.

Seems with some lower to the ground bodied cars such as the Estonias f1 cars and VRC f1 cars I have, they seem to hit some invisible meshes as they go down the track. It is like they hit a invisible wall at certain speeds and only certain sections of the track. Does not do this everywhere.

I would not recommend getting this track if you Drive cars as mentioned above. I tried several kunos cars and they seem to do fine so far.

I have to re-do their AI lines, I am getting too many incidents cause of the fast lane line is too close to the walls in the corners. At least I can fix this. I cant fix the invisible meshes. i will let them know about this. A track should work with any car mod.

At least I am finding out things about the track for you all. take care.

So, you have paid 15 bucks for a track, that you are modifying and sorting and fixing issues, in order to race without flaws.
Thats ok. :eek:

If you want to try the free version (without the invisible small walls), just shout. Some of us have it and we be glad to provide
a personel link. :)

Sorry, could not resist. ;)

Cheers.

So, you have paid 15 bucks for a track, that you are modifying and sorting and fixing issues, in order to race without flaws.
Thats ok. :eek:

If you want to try the free version (without the invisible small walls), just shout. Some of us have it and we be glad to provide
a personel link. :)

Sorry, could not resist. ;)

Cheers.

Thanks @Paulo Ribeiro . I like exploring/changing things even when I paid for it. I got that free version that was posted here before the link was removed and tried a few laps. "I guess I got greedy and wanted the full scenery track".

Several of the Cars I have kunos and others seem to go around the track ok. It is the Kerbs that usually spin them out due to the side limit lines allowing them to go over some of the raised kerbs.

Have to see if that free version of the track I have does not those invisible meshes or walls as you mention. I know where it happens on the paid version. thanks again and take care.

Thanks @Paulo Ribeiro . I like exploring/changing things even when I paid for it. I got that free version that was posted here before the link was removed and tried a few laps. "I guess I got greedy and wanted the full scenery track".

Several of the Cars I have kunos and others seem to go around the track ok. It is the Kerbs that usually spin them out due to the side limit lines allowing them to go over some of the raised kerbs.

Have to see if that free version of the track I have does not those invisible meshes or walls as you mention. I know where it happens on the paid version. thanks again and take care.

I started working on the ai for the free version this afternoon, and hope to have it done tomorrow. I've got the GT3's running fine I think, but trying to get some open wheel cars at 100% pace and aggression through the start of a race clean (I'm looking at you Formula Agile) is proving to be a little bit tricky with the curbs and walls. May need to funnel a few lines down....track is pretty good though.

Sup Fana.

This thing turns up again:D I've given up on her. For over a year now, every version/improve of this car its the same result, binned. Every single one of them, and not just little prickly pear stuff. Think the thing has been infected with covid long before it made it here to the states.
LOL...I already binned this version too. It does sound better now, but it’s not my thing.
But it could be somebody likes it.

Hey guys, anyone knows why some cars are not affected by restrictor changes?
For example i want to match the performance of the Nissan r91cp (Dan's version) with the other Group C from Kunos, but whatever restrictor value i set this car is not affected. Even with 100% it barely looses 5 km top speed.

Here is a little mod of JSGME, called JZGME.

This is hex edited to provide the ability to run 2x instances and use another folder for mods, etc.
It uses a new folder "MODZ" and its own JZGME.ini
Use for quick tryouts, track/car separation or other ways you might find useful

note: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
having two instances may cause corruption of your original JSGME due to the inability to track each others changes.

Attachments

• JZGME.zip
    507.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
that climate control system was taken from the TDU model.

If you can convert TDU models successfully then you'd be a hero, so many cars in that game that would be good to have in AC. I'd happily offer to do the shader/physics work once converted. I've become relatively fast at applying standard Kunos shaders to the exterior of different models, I'm currently burning through my car list at quite a rate, getting everything looking nice and shiny (when I can't be bothered to plug in the wheel to do AI lines). It's surprising just what a difference it can make without even opening Blender.

Some examples when finished, all from readily available mods of very varying graphical quality:

107462099_10103950903102308_7374225043711458623_o.jpg
107584150_10103950903117278_6006700556010491266_o.jpg
107541235_10103950903107298_1714565654847188216_o.jpg
107618445_10103950903207098_1625489388026958071_o.jpg

Guys i downloaded blender so i could do some LODS.

Is there any quick way to explain the other things i could do with blender?

Not talking making tracks or cars, but just stuff like posted above for example, or changing road textures or billboards etc?
You don't need Blender to change road textures or billboards, just Photoshop, GIMP or some other art graphics package that can manipulate DDS files. Just create a new track skin in CM and override the textures. It's pretty self-explanatory once you have a play with it.
The real fun comes from creating your own textures, adding weathering, dirt, blistering, normal maps... all that guff.
Once you have a track skin you're happy with you can even make it the default texture set (so you don't need to have a skin active) with a one-click 'texture replacement from folder' (or whatever it's called) in 3DSimED. You can also apply new textures to objects like balloons, blimps etc pretty easily in 3DSimED, but agin, the real fun is in creating those textures in the first place.

You don't need Blender to change road textures or billboards, just Photoshop, GIMP or some other art graphics package that can manipulate DDS files. Just create a new track skin in CM and override the textures. It's pretty self-explanatory once you have a play with it.
The real fun comes from creating your own textures, adding weathering, dirt, blistering, normal maps... all that guff.
Once you have a track skin you're happy with you can even make it the default texture set (so you don't need to have a skin active) with a one-click 'texture replacement from folder' (or whatever it's called) in 3DSimED. You can also apply new textures to objects like balloons, blimps etc pretty easily in 3DSimED, but agin, the real fun is in creating those textures in the first place.

Yes i have done simple changes from when a track builder has left textures in the file, or fiddling wiht the new track skins that people do.

What i want to know is how, if i have a track with no textures in the file, can i get them?

For example Mallory Park the first draft i was sent to look at has loads of textures that i can manipulate.
The release on RD though has none of those textures in the files. So they are hidden.

Mallory is fine as i used he old files from the early releases..
But how to i uncover the textures in other tracks?

Yes i have done simple changes from when a track builder has left textures in the file, or fiddling wiht the new track skins that people do.
What i want to know is how, if i have a track with no textures in the file, can i get them?
...?

FAQ
I made a while back an guide for it:
Ok, just create a new skin with CM and press "override textures", then select
the textures you want to override and voila ...
press "skins"
unknown.png

if you don´t have a skin yet you get this:
upload_2020-7-11_12-54-42.png

there you go:
unknown.png

but you need also something to edit *.dds files as most textures for AC are this
format. I use Gimp with dds plugin. Don´t forget to compress them at the end,
for less filesize ...
CM extract them for you and put them in the new created skin folder named as
you want, easy peasy ....
there you select the ones you wanna override
unknown.png

One problem still left, most of the times dds textures are squared or have a
hard aspect ratio for the directx compression. So you need to under- or
overstretch the image you want to override.

I put this all together in one pdf you can download.

#faq, #cm, #skin, #pdf, #tutorial, #textures

Attachments

• Overwrite textures with CM per skin.pdf
    63.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
If you can convert TDU models successfully then you'd be a hero, so many cars in that game that would be good to have in AC. I'd happily offer to do the shader/physics work once converted. I've become relatively fast at applying standard Kunos shaders to the exterior of different models, I'm currently burning through my car list at quite a rate, getting everything looking nice and shiny (when I can't be bothered to plug in the wheel to do AI lines). It's surprising just what a difference it can make without even opening Blender.

Some examples when finished, all from readily available mods of very varying graphical quality:

Is there already a good quality Alpine A110 available?Or the new R8 Model?
Thanks

Is there already a good quality Alpine A110 available?Or the new R8 Model?
Thanks

I've no idea, I'm happy enough with the way mine (posted above) look, but I've not done any other work on them and not driven them yet. Once I've finished my AI and car shader updates then I'll get back to vehicle overhauls and depending on how much needed changing, release updated versions here. That won't be for a long time though, judging by how much time I've had to work on AC in the last few weeks it'll be probably the end of the year before I'm finished with AI and shaders.

iks, seriously thank you. I have downloaded it, backed it up forever, and installed it. I'd love to know what the deal was with ASR on this update. Sounds like a good story, or some drama, or something. I'm a nosey SOB. Someone share the story :P
Yeah, I've made two backups and uploaded another to the cloud lol. Burn me once... :lol:

hi everyone! i finally tried the SCG004c by RTM (pretty ***** phisycs, as u could expect from RTM) but the worst thing are the interior, nothing like a real GT3, as it should be. Could anyone make a simple interior replacement, at least of the dash and the wheel? it would really improve the car.

I already wanted to convert some cars from TDU notably the CLK GTR Roadster and this bad boy but ill need permission from the author to convert it since i don't want to come as a scumbag without asking the creator for permission. If i can't get his permission or if he doesn't want to give it to me ill switch to original tdu models Stuff like the CLK DTM stock f430 some TVR'S and some others.

finishing up the countach and finalizing the Lotus GT1 it will use the interior from the Foza Motorsport 7 car.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back