Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,067 comments
Lol, man. I bought all of gilles tracks, just bought them all at the same time. Did the same with that grbrally joint.
Instead of racing on any of these tracks really, I've been fixing the salvageable and deleting the ones that are just so shyte, not worth it.
I don't mind spending the money on mods though. I've bought so much over the last few months, hundreds of dollars. Most of the purchases are well worth it, and I've been really pleased with the quality, ie, VRC, ASR, RSS, URD, Tyrone's Patreon tracks, and the last one I bought was the latest Tochigi track from URD.

When I buy batches of tracks from authors of questionable quality/skill, I'm pretty sure that I'm buying a load of 'fixer uppers'. So I'm not surprised when each track ends up being an easter egg hunt of 'everything wrong with this track' and 'OCD triggers in each track'.

I just rambled. I just woke up after 20hours of sleep and I'm not even sure what I'm saying. Hope I made some sense just now. Going to get some coffee and read the rest of the 100 messages that happened while I was asleep. :P

Masscot, I'm not sure if this helps, and you've probably already downloaded it, but Legion has a

@Masscot which car is doing this for you?

Thanks Teddie. I also have all of Gilles tracks, many of them i bought, and then at then when his main computer died on him and just had a laptop, to do the converts, I helped him do the AI and side lines since his laptop couldnt handle doing some of them and then got several of his tracks for free for helping him. I was mainly interested in the US Indycar type tracks, and any city tracks. On some of the tracks he posted on Race Dept, I fixed the pits so they worked properly since he forgot to do it.

There is one track called Meadowdale 68- Retro track which I originally designed for Nascar 2003 with Sandbox tools, then it got ported over to Rfactor, and then converted to AC by Gilles. Be nice if someone could polish that track up.
Other tracks I like from Gilles is Lester and London. I did do better AI for those tracks - may need just a little more tweaking for the chicanes.
Gutbomb re-vamped his own version of Denver tracks.

Some of Gilles tracks have been polished up by others here which is great. Like Teddie, I also have VRC, RSS and URD tracks and couple of cars.

take care

Last edited:
Thanks Teddie. I also have all of Gilles tracks, many of them i bought, and then at then when his main computer died on him and just had a laptop, to do the converts, I helped him do the AI and side lines since his laptop couldnt handle doing some of them and then got several of his tracks for free for helping him. I was mainly interested in the US Indycar type tracks, and any city tracks. On some of the tracks he posted on Race Dept, I fixed the pits so they worked properly since he forgot to do it.

There is one track called Meadowdale 68- Retro track which I originally designed for Nascar 2003 with Sandbox tools, then it got ported over to Rfactor, and then converted to AC by Gilles. Be nice is someone could polish that track up.
Other tracks I like from Gilles is Lester and London. I did do better AI for those tracks - may need just a little more tweaking for the chicanes.
Gutbomb re-vamped his own version of Denver tracks.

Some of Gilles tracks have been polished up by others here which is great. Like Teddie, I also have VRC, RSS and URD tracks and couple of cars.

take care

Just for the record, my version of Denver Pepsi Center (which I am improving now) is scratch-built with Race Track Builder and not associated with the disappointing conversion that Gilles made back in the day.

Is there a significant difference in terms of physics between the May versions and the latest?
The only glaring problem with the cars previously, was that they were around 120-130 kg too light, hence their crazy corner speeds. That's fixed by adding that ballast within CM.

ASR(in their infinite wisdom) sought to fix areas that weren't broken at all, namely the grip(aero, and mechanical), making them basically now have insanely low grip overall.

The best way to experience this for yourself, is to install one of their latest 1991 cars, and test it. then you'll really know what's up.

Last edited:
Gilles' tracks are hit and miss, mostly miss... :D
But I kept more than a few, mostly because @slider666 has put a lot of work in it.

I kept:

Union (Auto Union Ring heavily reworked),
Rivera (Autodromo de..),
Chimay (mostly because it's a Belgian street track, though it's pretty heavy on my system),
Saintonge (Circuit de...),
Gedinne (another Belgian street circuit),
Gotland Ring,
Hethel Lotus,
Penuelas (Autodromo de) pretty heavily reworked,
Beez (Carrières de...) another (Belgian) street track, reworked,
Ingliston,
Jarama,
Lienz (very heavy reworked),
Meadowdale,
Reims,
Cmb (circuit Maison Blanche reworked),
London,
Lydden Hill,
Mettet,
Old Ring Park,
Riberao Preta (reworked),
Shanghai Pudong,
The Bend (reworked),

So that must be about 20% of his tracks that I kept installed (maybe I missed a couple).
One out of five is not too bad though.
Without Sliders work the count would have been much lower...:)

Ooooh, I'd love to have a decent Meadowdale!

Screenshot_trw_mazda_rx7_rmagic_soyo_daikoku_30-4-120-19-51-44.png

Screenshot_trw_mazda_rx7_rmagic_suzuka_4-6-120-10-11-3.png

took a break from GT3 to experience shouto for the first time :DDD What do y'all think of this cool car I got?

Formula 1 Rolex Grosser Preis Von Österreich 2020 Red Bull Ring skin by airwaves | 0.8

hi, i made a completely new skin for red bull ring imitating the 2020 Formula One Austrian Grand Prix.
since this skin is being adapted to the kunos texture design, it isn’t accurately shown as in real life.

what has been changed in comparison to the original?
- new environment, including color corrected trees, forests and more
- new banners of the 2020 Austrian Grand Prix made as accurately as possible, including flags, distance boards, new podium and #WeRaceAsOne canvas, made entirely from scratch
- more saturated and intense colors of kerbs and the austrian flag paitings
- new rumble kerb style (green with triangles)
- new marshalls

manual guide and changelog (only in english for now) is included with this version.

link: https://mega.nz/file/775lTKJR#S-E6iUnzWnHv2ZXtV7AuXPiA-Ozznam6Rk7FOSjrYZoView attachment 939874

As I said already, awesome job!

Just for the record, my version of Denver Pepsi Center (which I am improving now) is scratch-built with Race Track Builder and not associated with the disappointing conversion that Gilles made back in the day.

Yes, @gutbomb I know. Sorry about that. that is why I said "you did your own version". I should of said "your own original Version" Wasm't trying to relate your tracks to Gilles in any way. take care.

Hmm, wonder why Race Department switched back to the old method of getting to the categories. I liked that new view they
had with all the selection categories across the top of the screen. Back to what is was doing.

Formula 1 Rolex Grosser Preis Von Österreich 2020 Red Bull Ring skin by airwaves | 0.8

hi, i made a completely new skin for red bull ring imitating the 2020 Formula One Austrian Grand Prix.
since this skin is being adapted to the kunos texture design, it isn’t accurately shown as in real life.

what has been changed in comparison to the original?
- new environment, including color corrected trees, forests and more
- new banners of the 2020 Austrian Grand Prix made as accurately as possible, including flags, distance boards, new podium and #WeRaceAsOne canvas, made entirely from scratch
- more saturated and intense colors of kerbs and the austrian flag paitings
- new rumble kerb style (green with triangles)
- new marshalls

manual guide and changelog (only in english for now) is included with this version.

link: https://mega.nz/file/775lTKJR#S-E6iUnzWnHv2ZXtV7AuXPiA-Ozznam6Rk7FOSjrYZoView attachment 939874
also - i need feedback, and some screenshots showcasing the track

Watch this video about the IER mod that uses CSP to extend it's physics model.
Extended physics are a Csp feature.
I tried this mod, and did not notice any difference with ordinary cars.
The description says that there are realistic tires ... I could not warm them up - they cool down while driving from one turn to another :) Let's say this is "realistic"))) I also did not notice something special in the aero. A few test laps were probably not enough. In all other respects, this is an ordinary mod. What is outstanding and special in it? Does anyone understand what it is extended physics?

Well what did you change, I dont want to be rude but just saying version updated doesnt really tell us why we should update this over the versions already available.

'Updated for racing'... Prolly stiffer suspensions and the likes.
The previous version had problems with the FFB - it was too strong, almost a uniform spring, and the car seemed to be pulling someone by the tail, as if it was carrying a trailer with concrete blocks ... In this version, the ffb is lighter and the car is traveling easier - as if trailer unhooked :)

I tried this mod, and did not notice any difference with ordinary cars.
The description says that there are realistic tires ... I could not warm them up - they cool down while driving from one turn to another :) Let's say this is "realistic"))) I also did not notice something special in the aero. A few test laps were probably not enough. In all other respects, this is an ordinary mod. What is outstanding and special in it? Does anyone understand what it is extended physics?
You are correct. A few laps are not enough. ;)

You are correct. A few laps are not enough. ;)
Are aero and tires the only thing that sets this mod apart from others, or is there something else? The description of the recently released paid Abarth 1000 mod says: "With CSP we can build a 99% accurate suspension system, impossible to obtain with vanilla Assetto Corsa. Thanks to CSP extended physics, we can even use progressive bump stops, correct thermal behaviors of tires and brakes and a lot of new and better setup possibilities "
Has anyone seen a detailed description of these features? What do they give? Can anyone say "I really feel this new physics, I really understand how it works"?

Are aero and tires the only thing that sets this mod apart from others, or is there something else? The description of the recently released paid Abarth 1000 mod says: "With CSP we can build a 99% accurate suspension system, impossible to obtain with vanilla Assetto Corsa. Thanks to CSP extended physics, we can even use progressive bump stops, correct thermal behaviors of tires and brakes and a lot of new and better setup possibilities "
Has anyone seen a detailed description of these features? What do they give? Can anyone say "I really feel this new physics, I really understand how it works"?
Well it is too much of a writeup to list what ier did with that car. The core driving experience is not what their csp modifications are aiming for, but how the car drives differently when influenced by outer factors. For example tyres. AC was newer built to be influenced by air temp for example(minus the grip level to an extent). So all the cars drive basically the same at 12 degrees and at 28 degrees. Try running the Arc at different temps and compare how the tyres get warmed up differently. Drive 20 laps on same tyres and feel the change in grip levels on lap 3 and lap 19. Now do this on some other mods, good mods. Same thing with wind or slipstream effects. The ier mod actually utilises this much more noticeably than other cars.

Again if you jump into a car and do a few fast laps, no difference will be noticed. The differences come to life when you drive long stints. Car actually loses grip with progression, engine behaves differently in cold and warm. The changes in suspension setup actually influences tyre wear or tyre grip. And on and on. CSP introduces possibilities to run long endurance races, weather changes,... and those changes have barely any influence on majority of mods, as the base game did not plan for this to factor how the car behaves. It's not perfect by any account, but it's much better than on other cars, even stock Kunos content.

Hope i was clear and not too confusing.

This car was not meant to be best mod of all times, but a tutorial for other developers, to use what they managed to code and implement this in their mods. Sadly because it was to complicated I guess, this did not take wind as we could hope. Hell it's difficult even explaining, so we can imagine how difficult it is implementing. But maybe we can expect more of this in the future. The new V8corsa 3.0 introduced some of the tyre wear and break in period into their cars for example.

Last edited:
The Hethel track, the only thing I did to allow me to keep it in my rotation is fix the bad surrounding mountains. I'll PM you that one if you're interested.

There are no mountains in Norfolk! It's a desolate, grim, flat place full of fields and tractors;) I've done 100s of laps of Hethel irl, it's not a very good track and (was then) in a pretty bad state. It's used more for driver training and development

LOL - this explains the essence too little .. :)
You could you write a few words about what you are posting, or take a screenshot at least to understand whether it is worth trying, or not ... :)

I have seen that track (Dust 2 from counterstrike) on FB a few days ago - but I did not post it here because it was not worth it. But here you have a video, showing the track in action. At least this must be the smallest track-file ever: 2.0 MB.

Well it is too much of a writeup to list what ier did with that car. The core driving experience is not what their csp modifications are aiming for, but how the car drives differently when influenced by outer factors. For example tyres. AC was newer built to be influenced by air temp for example(minus the grip level to an extent). So all the cars drive basically the same at 12 degrees and at 28 degrees. Try running the Arc at different temps and compare how the tyres get warmed up differently. Drive 20 laps on same tyres and feel the change in grip levels on lap 3 and lap 19. Now do this on some other mods, good mods. Same thing with wind or slipstream effects. The ier mod actually utilises this much more noticeably than other cars.

Again if you jump into a car and do a few fast laps, no difference will be noticed. The differences come to life when you drive long stints. Car actually loses grip with progression, engine behaves differently in cold and warm. The changes in suspension setup actually influences tyre wear or tyre grip. And on and on. CSP introduces possibilities to run long endurance races, weather changes,... and those changes have barely any influence on majority of mods, as the base game did not plan for this to factor how the car behaves. It's not perfect by any account, but it's much better than on other cars, even stock Kunos content.

Hope i was clear and not too confusing.

This car was not meant to be best mod of all times, but a tutorial for other developers, to use what they managed to code and implement this in their mods. Sadly because it was to complicated I guess, this did not take wind as we could hope. Hell it's difficult even explaining, so we can imagine how difficult it is implementing. But maybe we can expect more of this in the future. The new V8corsa 3.0 introduced some of the tyre wear and break in period into their cars for example.
Thanks, this explains the point more.
It seems to me that mod authors who use new functions should make the description a simple language, how it manifests itself - in what situations, what affects, what requires the driver, etc. Because it turns out we were announced that there are some new features, but they did not say how to use them. Therefore, probably, due interest is not shown. No one (or most) simply understands what to do about it. If someone who really understands all these nuances did a review, with examples, with a description of situations, etc. - that would be very cool!

What is outstanding and special in it?

Ales puts it better than I could but in IER's own words:

"The P13c features numerous physics developments courtesy of the AC (Shader) Patch. New thermal models for the brakes and tires, a new aerodynamic model, variable motion ratios in the suspension, engine maps, advanced traction control, and more accurate fuel consumption are only a few of the car's standout features - none of which previously seen in Assetto Corsa." https://www.iersimulations.com/p13c-home.html

If you buy the p13c, there's a very detailed pdf discussing the sort of points you raise about when the extended physics appear when driving, how to drive in sync with them, set up for them, etc.

Personally, I think it's too early to tell whether CSP physics have "taken wind" (first aerodynamics pun I ever heard, thanks Ales!) or not. It's true that some of it is extremely complicated and I suspect that a lot of mods that could potentially use CSP physics would require a huge amount of real world data to bother doing so. But I feel that the focus is still very much on development first and then documentation and support later when everything is a bit more finished. From what I gather the development is now centred on improving tyre grip curves, new suspension types and wet tyre physics. When they are released, I expect the new suspension types should be much more accessible for modders to implement for the relevant cars than heat transfer between inner and outer layers of high performance brakes pads, for example.

If you're interested the physics extension channel of the CSP discord is a good place to learn and/or trouble shoot. I agree with you though I'd love to see mod authors post more about how they use CSP physics, how much real data they could obtain, and how they filled in the blanks where it was absent.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back