Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,836 comments
I had a go at them too and graphically they are all quite pretty, love the crowded and colorful F1 atmosphere.
I think Imola '88 is now one of my favorites 👍

I just downloaded a couple new skins for the GT-R GT3, and was wondering. Can I go into the skins folder for that car and delete all the fictional ones? Don't really care for them, and there are a ton so it would be nice to have fewer selections when I want to drive the car.

I just downloaded a couple new skins for the GT-R GT3, and was wondering. Can I go into the skins folder for that car and delete all the fictional ones? Don't really care for them, and there are a ton so it would be nice to have fewer selections when I want to drive the car.
If you want to go online don't do that.

Going off of what MJRL said, you could get away with moving those skins you don't like into a backup folder outside of the AC installation path. Then when you want to go online, just move them all back.

I'll just leave them. :indiff:
I have done this, or close enough. I moved and saved in another file, all the single colour liveries or paint jobs on many cars, but left behind one original livery/paint job just in case. Just so you know, when you race online, your custom liveries don't show up unless the host has set up a bunch of liveries on the server, which is common in organized series. Race Department for example, puts together skin packs for series.

So who else is also impressed by the '88 track pack? One of the finest additions the mod community for AC has seen so far i think.

Since i had some trouble with momentary freeze, and i made a new install, didn't tried any mods yet.
I think the apps it's the problem, today i put the Rivali app and the freeze start again, disable it and they gone, it's time to put some mods again in the game.

So I decided to make my first itasha-style skin. Work in progress.
RZvtWNn36jM.jpg

AYGy2rC_TuI.jpg

Anyone can help with the modded cars that don't work after 1.1?
I removed them all and re downloaded the 787 and the M23 after they were updated to be compatible with 1.1 by the creator himself, but for most others they haven't bothered to do an update so far as i heard you have to alter a .ini file or something?

Anyone can help with the modded cars that don't work after 1.1?
I removed them all and re downloaded the 787 and the M23 after they were updated to be compatible with 1.1 by the creator himself, but for most others they haven't bothered to do an update so far as i heard you have to alter a .ini file or something?

You have to go into the car folder and then when you're in there go to the data folder so for example: "STEAM\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\ginetta_g55\data". In this case i used the ginetta_g55 folder. There you will see a file named aero. Open it with notepad and you will see it starts like this:
[HEADER]
Version=1

[DATA]
REFERENCE_AREA=1.0
CD=0.8
CL=1.6
FRONT_SHARE=0.45
CDX=1
CDY=1

[WING_0] ; Wing identifier. A car can have as many wings as necessary.
NAME=BODY ; name of the wing
CHORD=1 ; length of the wing in meters
SPAN=1.0 ; width of the wing in meters. both help determine the frontal area of the wing. Single unit is used to simplify calculations
POSITION=0,0,0 ; position in x,y,z starting from the CoG
LUT_AOA_CL=wing_body_AOA_CL.lut ; Coefficient of Lift lookup table
LUT_GH_CL= ; Height aero lift multiplier lookup table
CL_GAIN=1.0 ; Coefficient of Lift multiplier (for easy fine tuning)
LUT_AOA_CD=wing_body_AOA_CD.lut ; Coefficient of drag lookup table
LUT_GH_CD= ; Height aero drag multiplier table
CD_GAIN=1.0 ; Coefficient of drag multiplier (for easy fine tuning)
ANGLE=0 ; Default starting wing angle (degrees)

So basically what you need to do is delete the whole [DATA] section. It should look like this afterwards:

[HEADER]
Version=1

[WING_0] ; Wing identifier. A car can have as many wings as necessary.
NAME=BODY ; name of the wing
CHORD=1 ; length of the wing in meters
SPAN=1.0 ; width of the wing in meters. both help determine the frontal area of the wing. Single unit is used to simplify calculations
POSITION=0,0,0 ; position in x,y,z starting from the CoG
LUT_AOA_CL=wing_body_AOA_CL.lut ; Coefficient of Lift lookup table
LUT_GH_CL= ; Height aero lift multiplier lookup table
CL_GAIN=1.0 ; Coefficient of Lift multiplier (for easy fine tuning)
LUT_AOA_CD=wing_body_AOA_CD.lut ; Coefficient of drag lookup table
LUT_GH_CD= ; Height aero drag multiplier table
CD_GAIN=1.0 ; Coefficient of drag multiplier (for easy fine tuning)
ANGLE=0 ; Default starting wing angle (degrees)

Save the file and your game shouldn't crash anymore when you use the car. Good luck.

You have to go into the car folder and then when you're in there go to the data folder so for example: "STEAM\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\ginetta_g55\data". In this case i used the ginetta_g55 folder. There you will see a file named aero. Open it with notepad and you will see it starts like this:

So basically what you need to do is delete the whole [DATA] section. It should look like this afterwards:

Save the file and your game shouldn't crash anymore when you use the car. Good luck.
:bowdown: Thank you.

Does that change the handling of the car though? Like change it's aero performance?

No. The [DATA] section has become obsolete after the 1.1 update.
Yeah but what I mean is, previous to 1.1 that section was used for information relating to the car, so be removing this and not replacing it with whatever format they use for information now surely means that the cars are missing info now after the update?

Yeah but what I mean is, previous to 1.1 that section was used for information relating to the car, so be removing this and not replacing it with whatever format they use for information now surely means that the cars are missing info now after the update?

That ''information'' was never utilized, they (Kunos) thought they would in the future, but realized that it was not necessary, that is why it became obsolete and they decided to get rid of it.

So does this mean that if I simply delete the Data section of the mods, the mods that don't work, will work again?

What if the mod doesn't have a data folder?

What if the mod doesn't have a data folder?

If there is no data folder then that means that all of the car files are contained in the data.acd file which is located in the car folder. If you wish to edit them you will first have to unpack the data.acd file using certain tools like QuickBMS. The process is complicated if you aren't used to working with batch scripts so i won't go into it. What car is it that isn't working and has packaged data files? I haven't run across one yet.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back