Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,836 comments
Although no other games.. during the EA deal. :)

If they have some modelling skills, maybe they took some 997 and modified it, they're not hugely different after all.

Work in sloooow progress. Once I finish my exams, I'll learn Photoshop better and will probably finish this... :sly:
I also have some more ideas but first I should get this one done.
Showroom_bmw_1m_s3_19-3-2015-15-47-1.jpg
Showroom_bmw_1m_s3_19-3-2015-15-48-41.jpg

Work in sloooow progress. Once I finish my exams, I'll learn Photoshop better and will probably finish this... :sly:
I also have some more ideas but first I should get this one done.
View attachment 350835 View attachment 350836
That looks amazing, did you make that yourself or is it a conversion?

Edit
After I realized that it's skin not the car he was working on, nice work dude keep at it :)

On a side note I've never been happier in regard's to AC as my main sim for driving but even more unique than that is that the sim and the community has given me inspiration to do my first ever mod with the help of 2 other guys for sound and physics.

2015_04_24_00004.jpg

For those that have membership to the kunos website you will be able to download it when we have a decent driveable version here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ford-fiesta-xr2.23422/

Last edited:

On a side note I've never been happier in regard's to AC as my main sim for driving but even more unique than that is that the sim and the community has given me inspiration to do my first ever mod with the help of 2 other guys for sound and physics.

2015_04_24_00004.jpg

For those that have membership to the kunos website you will be able to download it when we have a decent driveable version here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ford-fiesta-xr2.23422/

Looks like fun, great little car.

^ Likewise, always interesting to drive 'oddball' cars, more-so in a proper simulation enviroment.
(GT was fun until it got old)

Thank you :D

I'll look at the guide. If it doesn't help, I'll just paint in the dark as I usually do.

So, who would like to try out one of my paint schemes? :)
I've bought over a personal favorite from the WMD forum, got many laughs from it.

It's a skin for an in-game car (BMW 1M).
Just had an idea for an itasha livery, but it needs to be completed... It's my very first skin work, and I'm just learning... When it gets any good, I'll share it. I think I have to learn how to blend the decals with the body wireframe...

Edit: McLaren MP4-13 by Virtual Simulazioni. :drool: Go grab it now!

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mclaren-mp4-13.6061/
I've just tested it, handles great.

Last edited:
Well, that's the nature of modding. I actually think they go out of their way to allow for modding. Stefano even tested modded cars before release.

I would think that with a major update people would expect trouble with there mods. Everytime they update the game though there are people complaining because there mod needs a update. Its like people expect the game to stay compatible with the mods instead of the mods being updated to stay compatible with the game. :confused: Maybe Kunos should start submitting the builds to the modders for there approval before release. :rolleyes:

But it would be even more annoying not to have this SIM evolve into a better experience (for free) with each update.

I don't see what being a SIM and having free updates has to do with anything I said, but sure.

Well, that's the nature of modding. I actually think they go out of their way to allow for modding. Stefano even tested modded cars before release.

Absolutely. Doesn't make it, or mod incompatibility with any other game, any less of an nuisance though. It only bothers me when I'm jumping into a car none the wiser and hear nothing after several seconds only to think my speakers have had their volume lowered, turns out there isn't any sound. :lol:

I would think that with a major update people would expect trouble with there mods. Everytime they update the game though there are people complaining because there mod needs a update. Its like people expect the game to stay compatible with the mods instead of the mods being updated to stay compatible with the game. :confused: Maybe Kunos should start submitting the builds to the modders for there approval before release. :rolleyes:

And I'd love for you to show me where I implied any of this nonsense you're shoveling. What was it that I said? Oh yeah:

Ugh. It's beginning to be a tad bit annoying having to deal with this every single time an update hits.

Which means nothing more than I find it a tad bit annoying; a nuisance if you will, having to resolve the same problem every time an update comes around. Not that I don't want "this SIM to evolve into a better experience (for free) with each update" – I'm still scratching my head at how that parallel was drawn – or that I don't expect it or want Kunos to submit builds to modders for their appr—I realize how absolutely stupid that entire train of thought sounds now.

And I'd love for you to show me where I implied any of this nonsense you're shoveling. What was it that I said? Oh yeah:

I don't see where I quoted you at all. So I didn't imply that you implied anything. I was making a comment on how everytime there is an update to AC there are PEOPLE who complain about it. If you took that personal that's your issue not mine.

So I didn't imply that you implied anything.

Do you know what this words means?

I was making a comment...

A blanketing one at that.

If you took that personal that's your issue not mine.

Likewise you getting into a twist about a comment made regarding a problem I'm having.

Apologies everyone, back to the normal swing of things!

Doesn't make it, or mod incompatibility with any other game, any less of an nuisance though.
It can get a bit tedoius. I'm considering writing a macro (VB script) that will just copy the files of my most common mods into their proper folders. :)

A bit off-topic aAbout that Z4 GT3 mod: Does it sound actually more like the IRL car? Or is it just that it's a beefier sound (more bass etc.)? Does that apply to all/most sound mods, i.e. they all sound more like the IRL car? Or is it just that people prefer meatier sounds? I read a comment on RD that went something like: "Great sound! This will go well with other DTM cars as well", which made me wonder.

Last edited:
A bit off-topic about that Z4 GT3 mod: Does it sound actually more like the IRL car? Or is it just that it's a beefier sound (more bass etc.)? Does that apply to all/most sound mods, i.e. they all sound more like the IRL car? Or is it just that people prefer meatier sounds? I read a comment on RD that went something like: "Great sound! This will go well with other DTM cars as well", which made me wonder.

I've seen Z4 GT3 and GTE/GTLM spec cars race in America and the stock sounds are very accurate from the outside at least (that's all I can attest to). The main thing that mod I linked to changes is the interior sounds to add more gear whine and make it a bit beefier like you said. As far as I can tell, both are very accurate but in just different ways. Stock is nearly perfect to outside noises and the mod is very good with outside and cabin noises.

Best IRL reference:

Can someone give me a dummys guide to mods for AC?

Are there any must haves? Not just tracks/cars, but I'm interested in UI too (if there are any available, I'm sure the gauges on @Cote Dazur recent video looked different to mine). Only just started playing, so all a bit new.

You'll find most mods here: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/assetto-corsa.1. To the left you can select categories. And you can sort on best ranked, most downloaded and so on.
And also mods here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php#modding-discussions.21.

Those are the two main places I download from.

Off the top of my head:
Tracks: Barbagallo, Paul Ricard, Donington, Blackwood (reloaded), Spielberg (Red Bull Ring), Lake Louise (mountain road), Transfagarasan. To name a few. Opinions on these will vary, but I think they are regarded to be of high quality.
Cars: The URD EGT cars (which are really GTE class cars - paid mod), Mazda 787b, McLaren MP-413, Nissan Primera BTCC, Seat Leon and of course last but not least the Miata.

Someone else will have to fill you in on UI stuff. :)

Just started getting mods for AC and started with the TG Test Track. Pretty fun to race around.

You'll find most mods here: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/assetto-corsa.1. To the left you can select categories. And you can sort on best ranked, most downloaded and so on.
And also mods here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php#modding-discussions.21.

Those are the two main places I download from.

Off the top of my head:
Tracks: Barbagallo, Paul Ricard, Donington, Blackwood (reloaded), Spielberg (Red Bull Ring), Lake Louise (mountain road), Transfagarasan. To name a few. Opinions on these will vary, but I think they are regarded to be of high quality.
Cars: The URD EGT cars (which are really GTE class cars - paid mod), Mazda 787b, McLaren MP-413, Nissan Primera BTCC, Seat Leon and of course last but not least the Miata.

Someone else will have to fill you in on UI stuff. :)

I just recently purchased AC and am new to the modding scene. I was curious as to where I can locate the Transfagarasan mod? I've looked thru the links you've posted, but I'm not having any luck finding it. Any help would be appreciated.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back