Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,839 comments
nameless.jpg

Looks very promising indeed. And probably just a few weeks away.

Is the model converted or scratch-made? I suspect the first...

Citroën DS3 WRC - Credit and Men at Work:
Garyson
: Original 3D Model and basic template...
Felipe Vaiano: physic engineer, geometry and behavior car and more...
peksis: preparation and conversion 3D model in game, KS Editor, animations, shaders, light, LCD panel and more...
Neverkrash: sound engineer, advice pre release, test in game, and more...
TTM: maker some livery and help graphic, suits, gloves and helmets all driver and more...
nikkk78: 3d improvements, new textures, some livery, changes and preparation of the 3D model and more...

special thanks:

0understeer - Delta S4 - Finski - GiGi_Monticelli - Nahkamarakatti: for advice and test in game;
Sovers - ultranew_b: for the help, advice and support;
Grr Team and GGT Motor Sport Team ( Virtual Team ): for the livery "GGT Motor Sport Team".

VjcGZn.jpg

Is there a definitive place to find mods for AC? Or any site the keeps up with all of them?

I know about RD and AC Mods but I don't care about where the models originate from, just that they are high quality, not lazy rips...

i just got bit by the AC bug again :)

Is there a definitive place to find mods for AC? Or any site the keeps up with all of them?

I know about RD and AC Mods but I don't care about where the models originate from, just that they are high quality, not lazy rips...

i just got bit by the AC bug again :)
AFAIK, RD tries to filter out the blatant ripoffs, but if in doubt, their comments section is pretty honest about what is good and bad about the mod. You can also sort the mods by rating or most downloaded which is a good indication of quality.

Off-topic, you guys are making me a little jealous that I can't play AC for PC at the moment. :(

AFAIK, RD tries to filter out the blatant ripoffs, but if in doubt, their comments section is pretty honest about what is good and bad about the mod. You can also sort the mods by rating or most downloaded which is a good indication of quality.
Yeah, I've gotten a few from there. But it's a bit limited. Their harsh stance on ripped content does get rid of the half-assed crap, but it also filters some really good ones like COTA. Sure it's a rip but someone put great care into it.

I'm also finding it hard to find newer videos on YouTube about mods... Lol maybe I haven't been away from AC as long as it feels... Would be great is there was a "AC essentials" mod list someplace.

Questions @Johnnypenso , do mods still need to be updated every time Kunos do a major release? Or are the new tires versions getting automatically applied?

Do tracks still work with audio? Even the older ones like v2.2 of Laguna Seca?

And personally, where are you spending your time between Pcars and AC these days?

Sorry for the off topic.

Yeah, I've gotten a few from there. But it's a bit limited. Their harsh stance on ripped content does get rid of the half-assed crap, but it also filters some really good ones like COTA. Sure it's a rip but someone put great care into it.

I'm also finding it hard to find newer videos on YouTube about mods... Lol maybe I haven't been away from AC as long as it feels... Would be great is there was a "AC essentials" mod list someplace.

Questions @Johnnypenso , do mods still need to be updated every time Kunos do a major release? Or are the new tires versions getting automatically applied?

Do tracks still work with audio? Even the older ones like v2.2 of Laguna Seca?

And personally, where are you spending your time between Pcars and AC these days?

Sorry for the off topic.
I had a dry spell from Spring to just a couple of weeks ago. Too busy working, off on vacation, playing golf, running etc. I've mostly been playing AC, hotlapping, trying to figure out tuning and also trying to finish my RSR Leaderboard Pro Ranking.

I know the sound mods don't seem to work after an update and need reworking. About the rest of the stuff I'm not sure. I have a dozen or so mod tracks but haven't used any of them since the spring. I'm fond of Barbagallo, Eastern Creek, Grobnik, Sachsenring, Donington, Aosta, Salzburgring, Mosport and a couple others others. All are or were new tracks for me.

@Lawndart - Most if not all mod tracks should work out of the box with the new tyre model. And in addition to those Johnny mentions you should definitely try Paul Ricard, Luccaring and Bridgehampton. Those three are of exceptional quality. The road surface of Bridgehampton is stunning. I recommend testing it with a Lotus Exige S, green track and street tyres. Tons of small bumps and undulations, as you would expect from such a road. Simply awesome! Same for Paul Ricard, which in addition also has very nice graphics. And Luccaring, wow! That's a city track with great road surface and fantastic graphics. Try it with the Huracan. :)

If you want I could PM you with links to some...ahem..."other" tracks. :)

Last edited:
There are definitely some incredible user created tracks out there. Of course, most of them are rips & conversions of tracks that were originally made for other games. I don't know if it's just me, but I swear with some of the converted tracks they feel too small. Like, the tracks aren't wide enough or something. Sometimes even the track side objects, like telephone poles, tents, buildings, etc. just appear too small to me.

It's hit or miss. I suggest trying as many as you want. The worst that can happen is either you never really use the track or you delete it from your TRACKS folder. At least you aren't blowing any money on these tracks. :D

There are definitely some incredible user created tracks out there. Of course, most of them are rips & conversions of tracks that were originally made for other games. I don't know if it's just me, but I swear with some of the converted tracks they feel too small. Like, the tracks aren't wide enough or something. Sometimes even the track side objects, like telephone poles, tents, buildings, etc. just appear too small to me.

It's hit or miss. I suggest trying as many as you want. The worst that can happen is either you never really use the track or you delete it from your TRACKS folder. At least you aren't blowing any money on these tracks. :D
This could be due to a trick all driving games do that moders aren't. Racing games tend to make object huge so when you pass them it feels fast. For instance, pull up to a cone in Forza 2... The thing is taller than your car in most instances... I think Gran Turimo still does a lot of this. But you have to get right next to the cone/object, even a few inches (real world) isn't as obvious.

To your point, those tracks you mention might come from a sim that doesn't do this because of there default FOV being more 1-1 to reality, or the moder, not knowing, or simply just choosing to build things to realistic scale. This only looks right with a closer to real world FOV.

One of the leading 'rules' in game design is to make things 'convincing' more than 'real'. Because reality doesn't work well in games (2D plane, on small screens)

This same rule applies to characters, its why their hands and feet tend to be unrealistically large. It looks better, but only really stands out when you inspect then closely.

A leading reason for the need to exaggerate track, character, weapon, etc features is to make things in a 2D plane read well, especially considering there is heavy use of FOV to compensate for such a narrow POV screen.

Real world example; I once was working on a video game about Buffy the vampire slayer. Getting Buffy's visual approval was a real pain... You see Sara needed to be exaggerated just to look like a girl on screen... But this clearly wasn't how she looked in real life at full scale... When we did a perfect replica of her in game... She looked like a 7yr boy... Not her fault! But that's just what happens when you put something shrunk down on a 2D screen.

Sorry, totally off topic, but its just one of the leading reasons games mimicking reality just doesn't work in most cases and the tricks designers and asset creators do to compensate.

I've seen a few pics of a 991 Cup car mod now and again. Does anyone have a link for the download?

Fonsecker has a sound mod for one of the versions, not sure if it works for any 991.

I've seen a few pics of a 991 Cup car mod now and again. Does anyone have a link for the download?
It's a pay ware mod, if you see skins for it the description should have the dl link. It's also referred to as the "Dorsche" not to be confused with URD's "Darsche"... It took me way to long to figure that out myself :P

I bought it, it's great. But I'm out and about so I don't have the link handy, sorry.

It's a pay ware mod, if you see skins for it the description should have the dl link. It's also referred to as the "Dorsche" not to be confused with URD's "Darsche"... It took me way to long to figure that out myself :P

I bought it, it's great. But I'm out and about so I don't have the link handy, sorry.
So many mods I can't keep track:crazy:. I think this is the one you're referring to, link in the description:

Wait, it is a scratch made mod then right?

Fonsecker has a sound mod for one of the versions, not sure if it works for any 991.

Any sound will work with any car as long as you replace the names in both files in the sfx folder.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back