Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,541 comments
Saddens me that the bloody wings gone. Now it just looks like any 968... Ah. Anyway. Thanks for sharing this mate.

maxresdefault.jpg

(aforementioned wing)
Probably a very quick job for some talented GTP tinkerer to add that wing back on from the original car and release a new winged version. Anyone up for it?
The car's been updated in the last eight hours by the way - the headlight cowls are now body-coloured like the proper car, instead of black. Looks much, much better.
Redownload from the original link if you have the older version.

Screenshot_porsche_968_turbo_s_1993_aa_adriaraceway_12-10-120-9-2-12.jpg

Love the 355 but are there any good quality stock 348's out there? Just curious..
I'm not aware of any 348s available for AC, never mind good quality/stock versions.
Seems like a glaring omission considering the plethora of Ferrari mods available, and considering the 348 was Ferrari's last V8 developed under Enzo's stewardship.

Last edited:
This is the problem with AC cameras.
Someone has released two very good cameras on RD, which over write the cameras currently shipped with the track.
Then if you downloaded yours off RD, they over write the other new cams....

So you'd end up with just your camera and one of the other ones...

If it was done correctly you could have in total 5 cameras to chose from....

Such a shame and really does make doing them seem utterly pointless unless for personal use...

Not really blaming anyone but kunos to be honest....its just frustrating...

I appreciate your frustration Safi, but don't despair and please don't stop making them. A great many of us out here in sim-land really appreciate your camera files and know to check the numbering before we add any extra ones to a track mod so the existing ones aren't overwritten. :cheers:

Well, after diving into 1000+ messages, found out Reboot is still alive and kicking! :dunce: Thanks to the team for their work, been following their progress for quite some time now :cheers:

Is there any way to currently check what they're doing or their current "portfolio"? Since their site's been taken down it's been a bit hard :/

Good morning from Portugal!
Is there any way to stop or prevent this? Shot at a greater distance, the driver´s head is rock solid straight. When that distance is shortened the head assumes the correct posture. It gets worse on replays since the driver´s head "gains life" very suddenly. LOD´s problem?
Screenshot_vsfr-formularenault35_2014_mdf_imola_12-9-120-9-41-45.jpg
Screenshot_vsfr-formularenault35_2014_mdf_imola_12-9-120-9-42-5.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning from Portugal!
Is there any way to stop or prevent this? Shot at a greater distance, the driver´s head is rock solid straight. When that distance is shortened the head assumes the correct posture. It gets worse on replays since the driver´s head "gains life" very suddenly. LOD´s problem?
View attachment 964426 View attachment 964427
Probably related to Lods, yes. Try to set a further distance for their switch by editing Lods.ini and see if it changes. I'm not sure how driver animations work in Lods and if they are related to car Lods or HR and LR interiors

Hi guys! Just a quick survey about the Panda mod.

I'm currently working on textures and...
Would you like to have some fictional racing liveries?

Even if it is not a racing car at all, I think it would be nice to have some low-power engine races. Let me know :)

preview.jpg

Last edited:
Someone has released two very good cameras on RD, which over write the cameras currently shipped with the track.

Such a shame and really does make doing them seem utterly pointless unless for personal use...

Ahh, I see what you mean. That’s why I always say to backup or rename existing files before use.

Probably related to Lods, yes. Try to set a further distance for their switch by editing Lods.ini and see if it changes. I'm not sure how driver animations work in Lods and if they are related to car Lods or HR and LR interiors

Sorry for my ignorance but do you mean for each car/driver? This happens with most of the cars, even Kunos´s, I think. Is there a lod.ini file for drivers only?

Is it not the case that if we rename the files to cameras_2.ini and cameras_3.ini etc. that this will solve the problem? I have just done this with the RD download, but as I am at work I can't test till later.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Even if it is not a racing car at all, I think it would be nice to have some low-power engine races. Let me know :)

View attachment 964432
How about this livery from GTI Club? It has Pirelli, Agip and Cibie decals if I'm not mistaken.
081.jpg

View attachment 964432

not a racing car? look over there: https://rollingsteel.it/storie/fiat-panda-racing/

and here: http://www.fiatpandaclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11159

this one is pretty nice also

Fiat_Panda_Alitalia_by_RaY.jpg

I can help you do some if you like ;)

Last edited:
Sorry for my ignorance but do you mean for each car/driver? This happens with most of the cars, even Kunos´s, I think. Is there a lod.ini file for drivers only?
For optimisation AC uses two different kind of lods: car Lods which are lod a, lod b, lod c, lod d... And interiors Lods which consists in the switch from high res cockpit to low res cockpit. In Lods ini the first lines are for the cockpit switch wile the following ones are for car Lods usually. What I meant is that the driver animations might be connected to Lods but I'm not sure if they are linked to cockpit Lods or car Lods

View attachment 964432

Attachments

• 36596_2.jpg
    36596_2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 36597.jpg
    36597.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 10628070_714157808672337_3756370475173535265_n.jpg
    10628070_714157808672337_3756370475173535265_n.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 80024055_475083350048680_1415234434039569515_n.jpg
    80024055_475083350048680_1415234434039569515_n.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 30
  • b29d50b0f7efb944bcda38c4f459d88e.jpg
    b29d50b0f7efb944bcda38c4f459d88e.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 26
  • DMpeWcgWsAEHusb.jpg
    DMpeWcgWsAEHusb.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 23
Adria update (1.3 i think), less bumpy but still contain some. Added new textures, I rotated to model to face the right direction of sun but it destroyed the AI and maps so i had to re do them. What I didn't do again were the cameras so I will ask for help from you masters of cams, please.

https://mega.nz/file/vepyQKAA#vcBxnOZ9FzusN7-6rCfRyrRHbxvQDAmshUsIKLddcro

GaolMEO.jpg
Hi thank you for having done the circuit of Adria, which is 90 minutes from my home and having raced there a few times in the stages of the Italian championship historic cars, I do not remember that the road surface was so clear, can not you darken a little bit?
Thanks

Ahh, I see what you mean. That’s why I always say to backup or rename existing files before use.

Yes like i say no ones fault, just annoying that its is structured that way in AC.
The two new ones on RD are the best i have seen aside from camtool ones, its remarkable and i am busy delving in to how they ddi it.

It was more aimed at the fact that not everyone will know about re naming them higher numbers and in that respect stuff gets over written.

For example if i downloaded your camera, then downloaded the other ones off RD, yours disappear if you don't renamed them.

In the context of the world of AC, its a problem.... (context of the wider world not a biggie!!)

Last edited:
Nice update! I just found out the lights wasn't working, I check the Lights.ini in the data folder and found the name didn't match, so I correct it. I also included flashing pit lights, but I'm sure it not accurate to real life. You can go ahead and remove it.

[HEADER]
VERSION=2
FLASHING_BLINK_TIME=0.15
FLASHING_REPEAT=8

name the version 3 also ..

Hello,

Question to anyone that can help. Some of the cars posted here i.e. the Porsche 944 and 968 have an excelent heavy feeling at the steering wheel. Many other cars also from RSS and URD are feeling a little bit on the light side. Not the FFB. The general feeling on hands when turing the wheel.

What and where do I have to edit to achive this same feeling to my liking?

I suppose it has something to do with steer lock value or not?

Thanks for your help.

Hello,

Question to anyone that can help. Some of the cars posted here i.e. the Porsche 944 and 968 have an excelent heavy feeling at the steering wheel. Many other cars also from RSS and URD are feeling a little bit on the light side. Not the FFB. The general feeling on hands when turing the wheel.

Thanks for your help.

data/car
[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=2.532
STEER_ASSIST=1.000

this are the values you need to play

Hello,

Thanks for your help.

In addition to updating data, while in a session, look for the Force Feedback app/control panel in the bar on the right side. You can adjust strength or weight (slider at the top), road feel, kerbs, and slip for the specific car you're driving and save it. I agree that the RSS mods need their FFB "weight" increased. They were very light on my Thrustmaster T 300 RS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot both for your help and your immediate answers.

I 've played a lot with FFb settings. It 's not a wheel setting thing. It 's a car specific thing. The modded cars I 've mentioned above feel 1000 times better than the RSS BMW GTM with the same FFb wheel settings.

Last edited:
Saddens me that the bloody wings gone. Now it just looks like any 968... Ah. Anyway. Thanks for sharing this mate.

maxresdefault.jpg

(aforementioned wing)
Can you please link to (or upload) this winged version? My 'other' 968 is wingless too, so I guess it got dropped in an earlier update?
I'm starting to doubt whether I ever had a winged version at all and maybe I was thinking of the 928.

Last edited:
Yes like i say no ones fault, just annoying that its is structured that way in AC.
The two new ones on RD are the best i have seen aside from camtool ones, its remarkable and i am busy delving in to how they ddi it.
Yeah, Camtool's results are amazing. I'm a bit intimidated at the apparent steep learning curve, but you can achieve even more realistic results, than with the normal cams. When looking right down a long straight, getting the camera to zoom in and out smoothly, from following the car(not by a predetermined rate), is the hardest thing to get right with normal cams.
I've thought about taking the time to learn CamTool, but I've always put it off. Does anyone know some good tutorials?

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back