Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,542 comments
Could someone please remind me where to find the setting in CM to use the data folder if both that and data.acd are present? I have looked but can't find it. TIA

Thanks a lot both for your help and your immediate answers.

I 've played a lot with FFb settings. It 's not a wheel setting thing. It 's a car specific thing. The modded cars I 've mentioned above feel 1000 times better than the RSS BMW GTM with the same FFb wheel settings.

if you have a Thrustmaster wheel ,search or race department for ffb clip ,at list im using this ,others saying it doesnt work ,you just set what ffb you want on settings ,and it makes auto fixing according to your clipping ,carefull cause it has an extra setting on the app by pressing the
gear and place the same ffb there to ,and dont set it to dynamic .many modders make their mods according to pads and not to wheels ,thats why they dont match to wheels,otherwise this are the options and carefull if you have t300 and under dont place the ffb over 85 ,they have sensitive mechanism ..

Could someone please remind me where to find the setting in CM to use the data folder if both that and data.acd are present? I have looked but can't find it. TIA
if you mean unpack data option ,i think is press sometimes the version on about but i think cm must be paid

and just rename the original data to data 1 in case **** happens
then it will get the settings from the data folder and not the file

Last edited by a moderator:
It's on the 'DRIVE' screen, bottom left-hand corner.

Thank you! is this different to the "allow to use custom car's data" setting, do you know? That's in the Settings - CM -Drive menu at the bottom of the page.

Last edited:
This video shows how to unpack data using CM. At least I think it still works.

Thanks. It does work as long as you are in developer mode. However it leaves you with a data folder and an data.acd, so unless you rename or delete the data.acd AC uses that ignoring any edits you may have made. The setting Masscot kindly showed me forces AC to use the folder.

Thank you! is this different to the "allow to use custom car's data" setting, do you know? That's in the Settings - CM -Drive menu at the bottom of the page.

why choosing the difficult path ,just unpack the data,rename the original file to data 1 in case something is wrong and play with the data folder so you will have untouched the data.acd

Probably a very quick job for some talented GTP tinkerer to add that wing back on from the original car and release a new winged version. Anyone up for it?
The car's been updated in the last eight hours by the way - the headlight cowls are now body-coloured like the proper car, instead of black. Looks much, much better.
Redownload from the original link if you have the older version.

View attachment 964417

I'm not aware of any 348s available for AC, never mind good quality/stock versions.
Seems like a glaring omission considering the plethora of Ferrari mods available, and considering the 348 was Ferrari's last V8 developed under Enzo's stewardship.

Private only

Thanks. It does work as long as you are in developer mode. However it leaves you with a data folder and an data.acd, so unless you rename or delete the data.acd AC uses that ignoring any edits you may have made. The setting Masscot kindly showed me forces AC to use the folder.

If you repack the data after you have made any changes in the Data folder, it deletes the folder for you and keeps just the data.acd

Last edited:
Yeah, Camtool's results are amazing. I'm a bit intimidated at the apparent steep learning curve, but you can achieve even more realistic results, than with the normal cams. When looking right down a long straight, getting the camera to zoom in and out smoothly, from following the car(not by a predetermined rate), is the hardest thing to get right with normal cams.
I've thought about taking the time to learn CamTool, but I've always put it off. Does anyone know some good tutorials?

The problem with camtool is that if you look at how many people actually use it it is very few compared to normal ones.
Its a pain to get working and for me its jsut never runs great and affects frame rates even when not using it.

I was never keen on this use of language either:
'HACK' is never a word that fills me with confidence....i am sure they don't mean it to sound like that...

• This app hacks into a memory of Assetto Corsa to gain control over the camera, thus with every AC update, this app also needs to be updated.

If you repack the data after you have made any changes in the Data folder, it deletes the folder for you and keeps just the data.acd
Does this not cause problems with the checksum online? I am aiming to keep the original data.acd (which will be used online, won't it?) and also have an editable data folder. I guess this is why Ilja introduced this setting.

@tsokos I'm not ignoring you. It's just that your responses didn't quite address the question I was asking.

Does this not cause problems with the checksum online? I am aiming to keep the original data.acd (which will be used online, won't it?) and also have an editable data folder. I guess this is why Ilja introduced this setting.

@tsokos I'm not ignoring you. It's just that your responses didn't quite address the question I was asking.

Actually when you put it like that yes it will so Masscot's way is prolly for the best.
I don't tend to race much online and if I do I use an unmodified car so I'm always happy to update my data.acd and delete the folder.

I was never keen on this use of language either:
'HACK' is never a word that fills me with confidence....i am sure they don't mean it to sound like that...
  • This app hacks into a memory of Assetto Corsa to gain control over the camera, thus with every AC update, this app also needs to be updated.
Language for laymans

CSP also "hacks" AC via DirectX function hook by "injecting" a DLL that is intercepted by AC/DirectX (and FXAA). Other techniques can also direct inject into memory space (but I suspect that is not being used)

Last edited:
Hi thank you for having done the circuit of Adria, which is 90 minutes from my home and having raced there a few times in the stages of the Italian championship historic cars, I do not remember that the road surface was so clear, can not you darken a little bit?
Thanks
Yeah no problem I will wait for more feedback for next update. thanks

I may be slow off the mark here, but for the benefit of those who like vintage F1, I discovered today that Legion's P34 has more or less correct steering geometry with all four front wheels turning, unlike both the SimNightmare version and the F1C75 version.

__custom_showroom_1602509997.jpg

Can you please link to (or upload) this winged version? My 'other' 968 is wingless too, so I guess it got dropped in an earlier update?
I'm starting to doubt whether I ever had a winged version at all and maybe I was thinking of the 928.

I've never seen one with the wing in AC - but the base model has one (it's a FH4 rip, right?). Think Lukaku Thiem or whoever modded it first removed it. Why ? We'll never know.

Last edited:
I've never seen one with the wing in AC - but the base model has one (it's a FH4 rip, right?). Think Lukaku Thiem or whoever modded it first removed it. Why ? We'll never know.
Ah, thought your pic was from AC. That explains it.
The Forza one has also got a plug where the rear wiper goes.. unless that was an option but they used the same glass?
I've been tweaking the latest version with a new driver position, Porsche suit/lid/gloves, new shifting animation/timing, couple of shader tweaks (darker carpets etc). Love racing this car in a pack with the 928 and 944. Such sexy arses.

@Jimlloyd Hey mate, would you permit me to have the FBX of the Bathurst track please? I’d like to set up some static cams and as I understand it the only way to do it is in KSEditor and for that you need the fbx.

Hopefully that’s ok?

thanks.

Last edited:
Language for laymans

CSP also "hacks" AC via DirectX function hook by "injecting" a DLL that is intercepted by AC/DirectX (and FXAA). Other techniques can also direct inject into memory space (but I suspect that is not being used)

OK, your version sounds much more friendly. If it is just doing what CSP does then no need to worry then.
I may re visit it and see if it runs a bit better now then with my 'new' CPU.

Hello all !

I wanted to convert the F355 Challenge of PC2 with 3dsimed all go well but when I open it in kn5 nothing goes anymore , so I don’t dare to go further , I attach what I already do as a job if someone has time to see , otherwise I will continue with the old version ... , thank you

link : https://mega.nz/file/hYBWwbBK#CH6wuzidj1OqqyNynDyE2Zj5cigKyO2PtXgjgL4xJ3E

Attachments

• Capture d’écran (181).png
    Capture d’écran (181).png
    33.6 KB · Views: 45
Hello all !

I wanted to convert the F355 Challenge of PC2 with 3dsimed all go well but when I open it in kn5 nothing goes anymore , so I don’t dare to go further , I attach what I already do as a job if someone has time to see , otherwise I will continue with the old version ... , thank you
might want to just use 3DS/Blender for PC2 models, i dont think 3dsimed can handle PC2 stuff well

Just read this on rss discord. It's from 4. October, but didn't see anyone here posting this yet. I'm super excited:

__
We are currently in the process of updating our GT pack in time for the next vehicle of the GT-M pack.

---

GT-M obviously means GT-N. Does anybody know what is the next car in the pack: MX-5, 911 997 GT3 RS, Fairlady or Morgan?

Last edited:
Latest finding: Manage to work-around the problem by disable the BLM light. Not ideal but it work ! This is the only track I face this issue.

Any body know if that some config need to put in-place to make this track BLM light compatible ?

Hello , anyone experience the TMM track Sachsenring close randomly when launching a full pack car race? Log is incomplete and not sure if ring anyone bells here.

ACCameraManager::fadeIn
Starting light should show. TTS: 1.#INF00
Starting light should show. TTS: 1.#INF00
Car::setRequestedFuel: 50.000000
KGL CREATE FONT Arial with locale
Audio FMOD call error (AudioEngine.cpp:404): AudioEngine.cpp
Starting light should show. TTS: 9108.553711
Starting light should show. TTS: 8983.868164
Starting light should show. TTS: 8816.227539
Starting light should

Attachments

• log.txt
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back