Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,541 comments
2014 cars should be faster than the 2013 cars though. Chivas' cars are the last year before they move to the DTM style common tub.
Hmmm. Went googling and you are correct. The lap times prior to 2014 that are similar, were done on a different layout of the track apparently. On full layout they were doing 1.55 or even slower. That's weird, if you look at the video, the cars behave exactly the same, same level of grip, slide, acceleration, steering, even gear ratios seem exactly the same. Could it be that Charles from Chivas used the data from a 2014 version of the GT-R? Which was the only car that stayed the same from 2013 but was adjusted for new regulations. But then the other two cars should be different, cause Honda and Lexus brought a new car fir the 2014 season. Weird indeed. Oh well, still like how these cars drive and obviously have something in common with the real cars, just from a different season.

Last edited:
Very weird, as far as I'm aware I got it from the same link.

Anyway, here's a newer version with the body-coloured headlight cowls, plus my minor shader tweaks, fixed AI rev limit config, new driver position, new shift animation/timing, and Porsche suit/lid/gloves. Try this one:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9m54gq18uj54wuf/porsche_968_turbo_s_1993.7z/file

Unzip this file to ...assettocorsa\content\texture\driver_suit to use the new driver suit/lid/gloves (thanks to @gergerger for the excellent outfit!)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8hjos1xkdrgy5za/porsche_full.7z/file
Those Porsche Design gloves! 👍 I'm curious about the horsepower? Is it 261bhp? The letters after "261" are Russian.

Thank you so much for sharing your edits. Kudos to Sapsan (on facebook) and Masscot for the visual edits!! This version looks so much better than the previous 968 Turbo S that was shared on GTP. Using the same CM preview for comparison... (both liveries are named Guards Red)

LTK+Sapsan+Masscot:
porsche_968_masscot.jpg

LTK+dragster666:
porsche_968_dragster.jpg

Could someone please remind me where to find the setting in CM to use the data folder if both that and data.acd are present? I have looked but can't find it. TIA

Masscot beat me to it, but it's at the bottom left of the menu.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Ah, thought your pic was from AC. That explains it.
The Forza one has also got a plug where the rear wiper goes.. unless that was an option but they used the same glass?
I've been tweaking the latest version with a new driver position, Porsche suit/lid/gloves, new shifting animation/timing, couple of shader tweaks (darker carpets etc). Love racing this car in a pack with the 928 and 944. Such sexy arses.

Oh. There you go, bringing 'arses' into the conversation again. I just knew you were staring at it! That's it. It's time for a divorce. :P

I may be slow off the mark here, but for the benefit of those who like vintage F1, I discovered today that Legion's P34 has more or less correct steering geometry with all four front wheels turning, unlike both the SimNightmare version and the F1C75 version.

View attachment 964466

In game it is much better than that. The Showrooms don't use wheel animations, as in the screenshot the front wheels share an axis whilst in game each wheel has its own axis.

Maybe it's only me but the look of these thick power lines annoys me everytime I drive by.
So I scaled these meshes down by 50%.
Hope you don't mind, Jim.

comparison images:
https://acstuff.ru/u/comparison/fgk
https://acstuff.ru/u/comparison/h9R
https://acstuff.ru/u/comparison/NLC

I uploaded the remodeled ones here:
https://we.tl/t-yzEZ0nEqQg

for testing:
simply drop the kn5 to your rt_suzuka\extension folder and add the following lines to ext_config.ini

Code:
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
FILE = rt_suzuka.kn5
HIDE = suzuka-cable?
INSERT = power_lines.kn5
INSERT_AFTER = suzuka-dist2

@Jimlloyd: I also included the fbx file if you want to replace them in your model.

This looks great! The lines did seem a bit too thick for some reason. However I did notice one piece scaled down in size, not just thickness:

Attachments

• suzukalines01Annotation-2020-10-12-193018.jpg
    suzukalines01Annotation-2020-10-12-193018.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 55
  • suzukalines0a1Annotation-2020-10-12-193018.jpg
    suzukalines0a1Annotation-2020-10-12-193018.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 57
YES, IT'S A BOX WITH SOMETHING IN IT!

I could be modeling tracks... but instead I'm producing 3D models like this.

...I actually do enjoy working on these projects, and I get paid for it. Also, my client was impressed, as he doesn't even have the real packaging yet. Just think of the tracks I could produce, if I ever have time to work on them (I've started three). :guilty:

Back to the rush project.

View attachment 964566
Is it a 3D scanner of sorts?

Wanted to share this for anyone else...
For a year, although tracks, weathers looked pretty decent, after every update of SOL (and/or shader) and resetting sol, I'd have to pull sky, color, clouds sliders way off the map to get it to look pretty ok to my eyes. Then constant variance in brightness, saturation etc on screen, chang pp's, then colors going out the door, then night looking off - an endless, irritating, circling fight.

I changed, defaulted everything feasible (brightness, sat, pp's - everything), also in the nvidia control panel. Never just a simple shader or sol update and say, 'that looks pretty good'. 🤬:banghead:

Well it was one setting, one that I thought wasn't a big deal, until I found out what happens when have had colors set to 12bit instead of 8. :mad::D
2i2j.png

-Yeah, it washes the sky out and a hell of a lot more.
0bb5.png

Now, after a shader and sol update and reset. Thank *****
So if you were like me going through this crap, maybe this will save your sanity.
zl0j.png

Last edited:
Just wondering if there are any good stock BRZ out there. I don't think I've seen a stock BRZ for AC around.
I hate to be that guy, but there is a stock GT86 made by Kunos. Just imagine a different badge on it :lol: Arch made a physics update over on RD if you don't like how that one feels.

Hi, i guess im another one that just created account to say thank to reboot team for their work. If i can have suggestion, zolder from acc would be nice to have for ac. But thats not all from me, some time ago i downloaded ltk's version of nissan r91cp, and i thought that it would be nice to have more paint jobs for it. So i took skins from dan busca's r91cp and made them work on ltk version. I think they are fine, but be aware that a) the resolution of the og skins weren't that good and b) it's my first mod (if you can call converting skins from one car to another mod making).
https://mega.nz/file/tU520KbY#fBDSVBqR3HF8OzPwlaW7XQNpBD7Q4V2VPgxNV2GE9f8

Oh and btw: all credits to Dan busca for making his version of r91cp and skins for it.
Better don’t using dan’s r91cp stuff, i can do it myself

Who here does conversions for AC? I have a couple of track requests for circuits that need to be properly represented in AC, not some shoddy conversions from Toca Race Driver etc.

Happy to throw a couple of $ to whoever is interested for their trouble

Speaking of the BRZ, does anyone have a working link to the GT300-spec one? The one on AssettoLand is broken. Both BRZ links they have link to a drift-spec version.

Last edited:
Back on topic... I'm compiling a update for bathurst... Other than issues already stated... Anybody got anything else?
Thank you for the awesome tracks.
One small issue that I noticed is in replays, exiting Forrest's Elbow, the cars shadow peeks through to the back side of the concrete wall. Not sure if it might be a CSP issue (I have seen it with both 0.1.60 and 0.1.66), and it has showed up for every car I've driven on the track. Obviously time of day dependent - it doesn't show up if the shadow is on the other side of the car. Very minor, but thought it worth mentioning.

hey, would anyone be so kind as to either post the original Kunos Imola Camera ini files? or post the contents perhaps?

I accidentally deleted the back up files I had..

Last edited:
YES, IT'S A BOX WITH SOMETHING IN IT!

I could be modeling tracks... but instead I'm producing 3D models like this.

...I actually do enjoy working on these projects, and I get paid for it. Also, my client was impressed, as he doesn't even have the real packaging yet. Just think of the tracks I could produce, if I ever have time to work on them (I've started three). :guilty:

Back to the rush project.

View attachment 964566

I basically run a service bereau for jewellery (global ops manager), ~ 70 inhouse CAD drawings per week, many from 3dscanned originals etc and processing ~500 client supplied files to print and cast in various percious metals, been in CAD for 20+ years now, and the LAST thing I want to do when i get home is do any CAD ;). Poking a stick at the tracks in Blender was mildly interesting because it got me to learn a new package, and its kind of my job to stay up to speed, but outside of that i HATE it ;)

I basically run a service bereau for jewellery (global ops manager), ~ 70 inhouse CAD drawings per week, many from 3dscanned originals etc and processing ~500 client supplied files to print and cast in various percious metals, been in CAD for 20+ years now, and the LAST thing I want to do when i get home is do any CAD ;). Poking a stick at the tracks in Blender was mildly interesting because it got me to learn a new package, and its kind of my job to stay up to speed, but outside of that i HATE it ;)

So when your profile describes you as "Male, 19", this could be described as misleading? ;)

Anyone having issues with the F1 2013 mod on RD ? Downloaded it before my ban, only tested it yesterday and... My god the handling is awful. You can't take a low-speed corner or a chicane properly as the car won't bloody turn. Doesn't happen with the Kunos Ferrari F138 (think they nicked the physics from that car), so... I don't know what's going on.
Love these cars so there must be a fix somewhere. (tried swapping the physics with the F138, still stiffer than a bloody WWII tank).

That's E2P's Mosler! I've taken way maaaaaaany pictures of that beauty from 2018 to 2020 when participating on the Spanish Endurance Championship. If someone needs them, just drop a message, and they'll be yours!

7albnow.jpg

fbYjGqZ.jpg

I even have it unpainted from a test they did at Valencia's Ricardo Tormo.

WTF I was at Jarama by that time for the Spanish endurance championship (work related trip) when I took those pics, just like your last pic.

We probably passed by each other that day :lol::lol:

Small world! Cheers mate ;)

Hi guys! Just a quick survey about the Panda mod.

I'm currently working on textures and...
Would you like to have some fictional racing liveries?

Even if it is not a racing car at all, I think it would be nice to have some low-power engine races. Let me know :)

View attachment 964432

You may want to consider a tuning version. this one in the photo we did for fun with friends (the 3d model) is a gran turismo psp (without the interior)

Attachments

• Screenshot_14.jpg
    Screenshot_14.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 48
In game it is much better than that. The Showrooms don't use wheel animations, as in the screenshot the front wheels share an axis whilst in game each wheel has its own axis.

It's particularly good in VR. I took it for a spin at Anderstorp, the scene of its only victory.

Wanted to share this for anyone else...
For a year, although tracks, weathers looked pretty decent, after every update of SOL (and/or shader) and resetting sol, I'd have to pull sky, color, clouds sliders way off the map to get it to look pretty ok to my eyes. Then constant variance in brightness, saturation etc on screen, chang pp's, then colors going out the door, then night looking off - an endless, irritating, circling fight.

I changed, defaulted everything feasible (brightness, sat, pp's - everything), also in the nvidia control panel. Never just a simple shader or sol update and say, 'that looks pretty good'. 🤬:banghead:

Well it was one setting, one that I thought wasn't a big deal, until I found out what happens when have had colors set to 12bit instead of 8. :mad::D
2i2j.png

-Yeah, it washes the sky out and a hell of a lot more.
0bb5.png

Now, after a shader and sol update and reset. Thank *****
So if you were like me going through this crap, maybe this will save your sanity.
zl0j.png
I did as You suggested...This is incredible!!! Thanks!!!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back