Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,908 comments
im looking to find a good 996 model either a stock carrera or a gt2 maybe even a 996 turbo! i want to convert them to ac since everybody hates the fried egg for some reason
porsche-996-is-now-the-time-to-buy-this-bargain-911-5823_16488_969x727.jpg

Will be really nice to see some proper cameras for the track. Little hint, watch qually attempts from early 2000's that included the 'flower angle'... I'm sure you know what that is :D

I hope everyone enjoys these new AI lines and replay cameras for the Indi oval originally from here: https://assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/indianapolis-motor-speedway.html

The AI lines work good most of the time. I had to create new sidelines because the previous ones allowed cars too far left on the home stretch, so they tried to go through the pit wall for extra room. There's still a couple small jagged parts of the AI line that I can't seem to eradicate. I promise I didn't create them that way, they just randomly appear. They cause an ever so brief wiggle from the AI at those points. I tend to drive with AI aggression at 100, so it's hard to distinguish the wiggle from ordinary behavior.

There are two sets of cameras; TV1, which are relatively low and catches the action as it moves by, and TV Aerial, which gives a very wide view as if from a blimp.

The new AI and Camera file is here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ey4japb7658coea/Indi_Oval_AI_and_Cameras.zip/file
Unzip the file into your tracks folder and allow it to overwrite.

I'm sure all of this can be improved, but for now I'm sure it's better than before. Enjoy, and thank you to everyone here for all the daily AC "accessories".

I agree, dashboard is way better.
But there's still an issue with left and right mirror. It looks good with shader patch real mirror activated but doesn't work without it.
Mirrors are now fixed and the correct UI badge has been added..

The 911 GT1 Road Car crashed halfway through loading for me. Anyone else?
Yep, same here. And trying with collider from 993 GT1 doesn't help.

edit : wusel is right.
simple fix, rename sound bank from porsche_911gt1.bank to ad_porsche_911gt1.bank and edit GUIDS.txt to reflect that change (replace every porsche_911gt1 text per ad_porsche_911gt1)

Mirrors are now fixed and the correct UI badge has been added..
No still wrong. I've just download the latest version (with the badge inside)

here are the two images :
with real mirror (shader patch) OK
Donkervoort_realmirror.jpg

with standard mirror NOK (it's not upside down, it's two wrong images) central mirror is ok.
Donkervoort_mirror.jpg

Last edited:
I found some new nice mods:

Porsche 911 GT1 Road Car
View attachment 832331
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5dlmh8mursv18ue/ad_porsche_911gt1.7z/file
(Sound must be replaced)

I don't think that the 911 GT1 road car is an Assettodrive car. It's WAY below their usual excellent standard.
Low-poly wing mirrors, several untextured cockpit elements just left ceramic white, non-working sound, bad carbon fibre shader, dodgy shifting animation…
It just doesn't ring true. Something smells.
Maybe someone else released this as an AD car for some weird reason?

Edit: just checked and I don't think it's even listed on their website.
A possible explanation could be that this is an early WiP that got leaked.

@Showmebest66 - care to comment?

I don't think that the 911 GT1 road car is an Assettodrive car. It's WAY below their usual excellent standard.
Low-poly wing mirrors, several untextured cockpit elements just left ceramic white, non-working sound, bad carbon fibre shader, dodgy shifting animation…
It just doesn't ring true. Something smells.
Maybe someone else released this as an AD car for some weird reason?

Edit: just checked and I don't think it's even listed on their website.
A possible explanation could be that this is an early WiP that got leaked.

@Showmebest66 - care to comment?
I have it from AssettoWorld. Dont know who made it

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back