Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,908 comments
guys, I need a bit of help with a few things regarding physics and UI things:

1. is there an app that calculate gear ratios, for new built cars ( I have the power.lut, the tire radius and the max RPM + desired speed )
- for the moment I've done it by feeling, buy trial and error, and I got the desired results... the car feels like I wanted, but the speed predictions in the gears section of the setup UI is way off.
(as an example, in the setup screen, the predicted max speed in the 3rd gear is 280 km/h, but in reality it is 210 km/h )

2. how do you build the graphs for power and torque in the ui/json file ? ) any app for that perhaps ?

That's odd. I'm not sure what I can do about that, as I have it working with and without CSP on my end.

And by the way, shhh don't tell anyone but, I am Legion for we are many.
Hello all.
Welcome! Finding your blog was quite a revelation. It must have been modding's best-kept secret because it's full of tracks that I've never seen before, and I'm an obsessive track-hunter, lol. I've seen the name 'Legion' on a few random car mods before but never before on any tracks, I think. I like your twists on established circuits (eg your pre-war layouts). Very cool. Love the Donkervoort too. Cheers.

Last edited:
Hello all.
Welcome mate !!! glad to meet you.

btw. If you like to mess with old tracks, I have quite a few of unreleased and some unfinished ones from the old GTL days, so if you want, I can send you some new toys :D

Cheers, and let know if in the mood of planting trees, fences and houses :P

Welcome mate !!! ...so if you want, I can send you some new toys ...

... fact that you've put proper gum trees on Warwick Farm...

Thanks. @gstaraz if you could PM me a list (or a link) of your tracks I can keep them in mind for any future projects.

@xezez et al, although I am Legion, remember We are many, that is to say most of my so called 'mods' have many original authors. I collect and/or convert them, arrange and tweak things to my liking. Looking to BOP or add missing cars etc and it all started adding in missing layouts to tracks. But I may as well share what I do 'cause why not.

Cheers

Hi everyone, I saw on CM that you could change the power of the cars, but now I don't remember where it is. you can help me by explaining the steps. thank you so much

@gstaraz

In the car's data folder there is a file called power.lut. Open it with wordpad. You'll see two columns of numbers; the numbers on the left are RPM, the numbers on the right are torque at the rear wheels in Nm.

For cars without turbos, the car's rated torque at the flywheel (i.e. what you normally see in car specs) is equal to the torque value in power.lut divided by the car's drivetrain efficiency (generally 85% is used as a best estimate). For cars with turbos, I use the formula WheelTorque times (Boost + 1) divided by 0.85 to get the flywheel torque (the boost is measured in bar). Flywheel torque is what's shown in the UI for each car.

If you want to know how much horsepower the car has at a given RPM and flywheel torque, you can either figure it by hand or just use this calculator:

http://www.wentec.com/unipower/calculators/power_torque.asp

If you want to start with a horsepower figure and find which values to put in the power.lut file, you just work backwards. Feed the RPM/bhp into the calculator to get the flywheel torque. Then multiply that value by 0.85 to get the rear wheel torque. If the car has a turbo, you multiply the flywheel torque by 0.85 and divide that result by (boost+1). That gives you the torque at the rear wheels, which is the value on the right hand side of the power.lut file.
see also http://jsfiddle.net/x4fab/rw6pug21/embedded/result/ for a great help

regarding the json file, you have two columns of number. in the first part, left column is for the RPM, and right column for the POWER.
scroll down, you find again two column of numbers, left is for RPM again and right for the TORQUE at rear wheel (if the car is RWD) or front wheel if the car is FWD.
I sincerily hope this will help you.
Regards, Mike.

@gstaraz

In the car's data folder there is a file called power.lut. Open it with wordpad. You'll see two columns of numbers; the numbers on the left are RPM, the numbers on the right are torque at the rear wheels in Nm.

For cars without turbos, the car's rated torque at the flywheel (i.e. what you normally see in car specs) is equal to the torque value in power.lut divided by the car's drivetrain efficiency (generally 85% is used as a best estimate). For cars with turbos, I use the formula WheelTorque times (Boost + 1) divided by 0.85 to get the flywheel torque (the boost is measured in bar). Flywheel torque is what's shown in the UI for each car.

If you want to know how much horsepower the car has at a given RPM and flywheel torque, you can either figure it by hand or just use this calculator:

If you want to start with a horsepower figure and find which values to put in the power.lut file, you just work backwards. Feed the RPM/bhp into the calculator to get the flywheel torque. Then multiply that value by 0.85 to get the rear wheel torque. If the car has a turbo, you multiply the flywheel torque by 0.85 and divide that result by (boost+1). That gives you the torque at the rear wheels, which is the value on the right hand side of the power.lut file.
see also http://jsfiddle.net/x4fab/rw6pug21/embedded/result/ for a great help

regarding the json file, you have two columns of number. in the first part, left column is for the RPM, and right column for the POWER.
scroll down, you find again two column of numbers, left is for RPM again and right for the TORQUE at rear wheel (if the car is RWD) or front wheel if the car is FWD.
I sincerily hope this will help you.
Regards, Mike.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EXPLANATION

.../... for we are many.
Hello all.

Hello and very welcome here. :cheers:
I for one am glad that @Masscot disovered your blog.
I love the Donkervoort and I am very pleased that you upgraded the car so fast.
Found some new tracks, that I have never seen around for AC.
Keep up the good work. ;)

I already made a sections.ini for Warwick Farm (posted on RD).

Hi everyone, I saw on CM that you could change the power of the cars, but now I don't remember where it is. you can help me by explaining the steps. thank you so much

Take the data and stick it in your old Kunos Ford Fairlane. :D Kidding aside, are you looking to change BoP?

sg1vm8.png

Last edited:
That's odd. I'm not sure what I can do about that, as I have it working with and without CSP on my end.

Hello all.
Hi and welcome from scandinavia!

Cool to see more and more mods popping up from you. Great idea with the old layouts on different tracks. looking forward too seeing more from you!

@gstaraz

Perfect Mike, that was the piece missing... how to calculate the torque, so i can fill the data for the UI graph with the correct values.

- Regarding the gear ratios, i there somewhere a big table with all the most commonly used ratios for vintage american muscle cars of the '70 ?

screenshot_pontiac_gtlrjl0.jpg

__custom_showroom_156eljp8.jpg

...etc...

Design your engine and power curves here. That will generate the power.lut and engine.ini you need.

@GzeroD thanks mate... I actually prefer doing it by feeling and testing... and than later filling the tool to get the torque for the UI... it is more fun this way

- Now that I checked, I ended up very close to the original car (GTO '69)...maybe a bit more torque than the factory specs, but no problem... will call it Custom :D

Last edited:
Bremgarten in the Donkervoort.
You WILL soil yourself.

What a fantastic hot-lap combo, the ultimate balance of risk/reward...! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Bremgarten in the Donkervoort.
You WILL soil yourself.

What a fantastic hot-lap combo, the ultimate balance of risk/reward...! :gtpflag:

I have tried Indianapolis 1960 and we need to get our hands on TV Cam so we hope someone will provide it

You guys' had great advice on uling to YT. Used Nvidia shadow play, but no matter what resolution and megabit to save at, even know YT is showing it as 1080p/60 it looks poor.

The save replay quality in AC is ultra high (66hz I think it is). Resolution save settings (in shadow play) I've tried have been 'in game resolution', 1080p, 1440p all 60fps and with bit rate at 50. 1440p offered higher bit rate so I tried 120 and its still the same. World detail is maxed, high frame rates and even the videos before uploading look razor sharp. Its only until ul'ing when it goes bad.

Is there something to do with the raw recorded video before just straight uploading it to YT?

Thanks

edit: Thanks Electroforce for that, would be nice if they told people about it :D
OBS FTW. I've used it for years, it's easy, flexible, and outputs good quality videos.

https://obsproject.com/download

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back