Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,907 comments
__custom_showroom_1562001702.jpg

All Skins are now done, next step would be to get a proper pace in the car.
hopefully i release it tomorrow :gtpflag:

Last edited:
That's odd. I'm not sure what I can do about that, as I have it working with and without CSP on my end.

And by the way, shhh don't tell anyone but, I am Legion for we are many.
Hello all.
Sorry to hear about that. If you need some infos about my config don't hesitate, I will be happy to help you.
I don't know what is going wrong but I've not a lot of mods installed (except shader patch) so if you want me to try beta version, I will do it without issue.
BTW, I'm working so I will not be able to reply in a minute but I will do my best to answer every request as soon as I can.

edit ; totally off topic, nice avatar. warhammer 40000 with manga design. nice touch.

Last edited:
Seattle Circuit 1.0 Release
The Classic track from Gran Turismo

Three track variations, smoothed jumps, larger kerbs, a reverse layout and wet weather! everything you've ever wanted.

If you enjoy the track please consider a direct donation / a virtual pint of beer via Paypal at paypal.me/hesbrook it would be very much appreciated.

Special Thanks to "Assetto Corsa Fanboy" for the AI Help, and also the Replay Cameras!

Link : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/seattle-circuit.27253/

just got done doing an mx5 race there :D good fun

@Mike173 and @GzeroD

Thanks again for the links, you made me save countless hours by tuning the engines that I made "by hand", and made me avoid some silly mistakes...

ie. I made a firebird that unknowingly I pumped with 700 bhp and the almost same torque could be achieved using 440 bhp :P (no turbo)

now just to retune the suspensions to accommodate the new engines and the cars are ready to be released ) ...very soon I hope.

I hope you (Mike and Gzero) agree that I put your names in the credis, since this, after of course the original 3D model creators was a biggest help I got.

Whoa, this is impressive. I didn't expect much, bricks on the front stretch of the existing mod track and that's about it. But almost all the artwork has been re-done and looks pretty correct to the period, it even has the old garages, scoring tower, and the infield creek! I'm a bit of a student of this track and have visited it over 100 times, I know it and its history well, so I was rather blown away by this. Does anyone know its source? Was it ripped from another game or did someone re-do all the artwork on it? There were several bits that looked identical to the mediocre mod version that's been floating around so I'm guessing some wizard re-worked that mod. Kudos to whoever did it, and thanks for the link. :bowdown:

In contrast, I grabbed the Race of Two Worlds mod and a pack of old IndyCars (Watson, Offy, etc.) and boy those are not good! :crazy: :lol:

New BTCC Mod V1.6 from Shaun Clarke:
https://shaunclarke35.wixsite.com/website/downloads
From there:
"Massive improvements to handling, physics and some textures.
New cars include the Alfa Romeo Guiletta and Audi RS3.
Some 2018 / 2019 liveries."

Also looking for the other cars from time to time is worthy for the interested ones. Because he don´t show update infos there, or as far I know elsewhere too, you have to be aware about the version numbers. The BMW Mini F56 JCW Class for example was just a couple days ago updated to v2.0

.... Race of Two Worlds mod and a pack of old IndyCars (Watson, Offy, etc.) and boy those are not good! :crazy: :lol:

You need to give them a second go, they're only built for ovals. They are my best work!!!
(I mean the physics/driving experience, the graphics/models are what they are, some of them come from F1C !!)

Whoa, this is impressive. I didn't expect much, bricks on the front stretch of the existing mod track and that's about it.....

Comes from GTL, not much artwork got redone but textures, road physics and trees got added/improved.

Last edited by a moderator:
@GzeroD thx for all the nice stuff on your blog. Amazing how much "new" vintage/historic stuff I found there.

Here a little fix for the horizon on Laguna Seca historic.
Rename it to ..\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\laguna_seca_historic.ini and get off the black background:
laguna_seca_historic_horizon.jpg

laguna_seca_historic_horizon_fixed.jpg

Attachments

• laguna_seca_historic.ini.txt
    369 bytes · Views: 40
...Here a little fix for the horizon on Laguna Seca historic.

I'm getting reports of a few oddities like that. Strange as I can't repeat it at my end. Keeping track of non CM users, non CSP users and VR users gets a little difficult as am not in any of those camps.

Rename it to ..\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\laguna_seca_historic.ini and get off the black background:

That material should already be Alpha-Test in the recently done update, but I can't swear to that as 3DSimed and KsEditor sometimes don't agree with each other. (n.b. it was Alpha-Blend before I did the recent update)

Can someone share a laguna seca 60s link? It seems to be the only one on the blog which won't work for me. It also says Warwick Farm is in the bin? Cheers

You need to give them a second go, they're only built for ovals. They are my best work!!!
(I mean the physics/driving experience, the graphics/models are what they are, some of them come from F1C !!)

Certainly no offense intended. The Watson and Kurtis we could not keep going in a straight line on the 1960 Indy track, they just meandered side to side even on the straights. Is there a way to fix that?

Comes from GTL, not much artwork got redone but textures, road physics and trees got added/improved.

I figured it was probably from GTL. It's quite impressive and I'm thrilled to have it in my library! Thank you so much for bringing it to AC. :bowdown:

Can someone share a laguna seca 60s link? It seems to be the only one on the blog which won't work for me. It also says Warwick Farm is in the bin? Cheers
I´ve had probs with many downloads from Google Drive too. Making zip files there seems to take to much time. Perhaps @GzeroD could upload there already in zip, rar or 7zip format packed folders as alternative?

Bloody Hell Google is/not living up to its reputation. I'll double check everything of course. Perhaps force your browser to refresh/bypass cache.(google how for your browser)

.... no offense intended.... Is there a way to fix that?

None taken.
Back off the throttle and let the rears regain traction.
Every time I revisit these cars I think struth what have I created, but once I get re-used to it there is a real reward trying to get the mostest out of these cars.

Looks very innacurate. And what's with the giant billboards?
Of course the scenery does not look like the one from what i saw from GT4/GT PSP. & yes the giant billboards looks more like crap quality...

They should have rip the entire track model from GT4 & convert it to AC.

That material should already be Alpha-Test in the recently done update, but I can't swear to that as 3DSimed and KsEditor sometimes don't agree with each other. (n.b. it was Alpha-Blend before I did the recent update)
Yeah, it is alpha-blend in kn5 file, but sometimes it seems overriding it from config is more effective, if it not works. ;)
I use CM, CSP and SOL, otherwise putting config file in ..\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\ wouldn´t work. ;)

Here a newer version. Now with water shader. :)
laguna_seca_historic_lake.jpg

It isn´t really good to see from driving car, but it was for testing purposes. ;)
Some other materials are darkened a bit.

This is how it looks before:
laguna_seca_historic_lake_before.jpg

#config, #fix, #tweak, #horizon, #water, #Laguna Seca historic

Attachments

• laguna_seca_historic.ini.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Yeah, it is alpha-blend in kn5 file, but sometimes it seems overriding it from config is more effective, if it not works. ;)
I use CM, CSP and SOL, otherwise putting config file in ..\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\ wouldn´t work. ;)

Here a newer version. Now with water shader. :)
View attachment 832797
It isn´t really good to see from driving car, but it was for testing purposes. ;)
Some other materials are darkened a bit.

This is how it looks before:
View attachment 832801
The original road surface was blindingly white for me in any sort of direct sun. I know American track builders just love their light grey concrete roads but it's often overwhelming in Assetto Corsa. Everything gets ridiculously overexposed with migraine-inducing glare. If you could darken the road it'd be a huge improvement for me.

Everything gets ridiculously overexposed with migraine-inducing glare. If you could darken the road it'd be a huge improvement for me.
Oh, an migraine-reducing config file? For your health I spare neither trouble nor expenses to raise it. ;)
Would this be convinient enough?

laguna_seca_historic_darker_tarmac.jpg

Just edit config file block [MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_2] to:

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_2]
ACTIVE = 1
DESCRIPTION = tarmac a bit darker
MATERIALS = ROAD?
KEY_0 = ksAmbient
VALUE_0 = 0.1
KEY_1 = ksDiffuse
VALUE_1 = 0.1

Lower VALUE_0 and VALUE_1 values reduces brightness. So, if you need it even darker, just put something like 0.075 or lower into it.
BTW.: You can edit it while AC is in background. It´s almost always shown the edited changes in realtime by saving them.
Just TAB out of game into editor:
edit_config.jpg

#config, #fix, #tweak, #horizon, #water, #Laguna Seca historic, #tutorial, #faq

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back