Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,906 comments
Thanks mate, great job again. 👍
A small thing though (I hope it's not just me)...

View attachment 833032

The digits in the display look a bit out of place (too low), right ?

Also a question (not strictly related to this mod because most - if not all - show the issue): why is the monitor looking like this ?
I have no idea what causes it. I'm very sure the LCD monitors looked a lot better a few weeks (months ?) ago, so maybe it has something to do with CSP/SOL ?
But if anyone has a clue to correct this, please tell me.

Only disabling "Real Mirrors" correct this and btw. also the black mirrors from certain mod cars, too. But, this disables also the possibility to adjust the mirrors. You can ask on discord channel for perhaps lower down this semi old crt tv style effect or a setting to disable it.

Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3 by Assetto Garage, by GUERILLA Mods + Simsport Racing

View attachment 832917
View attachment 832941

VISUAL UPDATE by delpinsky

Fix V1.0

— added DAMAGE GLASS
— added INTERNAL GLASS
— rain is now visible on the windows
— created wiper animation
— created new LCD (by Maki123)
— created lit up numbers
— added Racelogic VBOX OLED Display from ACC***
— added new safety nets from ACC
— added lumirank back rectangle visible in cockpit
— added new Blancpain/British GT skins (by enkay74)
— reworked lights
— added chassis damage
— created new LODs
— created lights, extralights, configuration ini file

**COPY fonts folder into assettocorsa/content/

***RACELOGIC VBOX can display every info you want, if you open digital_instruments.ini and change the TYPE line.
I added PERF as default, to display the performance delta. In alternative you could use LAPTIME to display the current laptime as in ACC.

Enjoy! :D
Download + Mirror

Dear Friend. Your links are very bad and for a long time to download your masterpieces. Mirror gives file breakage.
Google, Mega is not available to you? Maybe this is just my problem?

Only disabling "Real Mirrors" correct this and btw. also the black mirrors from certain mod cars, too. But, this disables also the possibility to adjust the mirrors.

:confused:
In CSP smart mirror settings ?
Using BLM I can change the monitor into a mirror, but then it gets useless because I then can see only the rear interior.

Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3 by Assetto Garage, by GUERILLA Mods + Simsport Racing
you did not update the "gue_aston_martin_vantage_gt3\data.acd" to include the new "lod.ini", still the old one in there, cm complains about only LOD A found...

edit: oh it was mentioned before; in the archive there are both, "data" folder and "data.acd", so for people that dont have the previous car, they also have to delete "data.acd"

:confused:
In CSP smart mirror settings ?
Using BLM I can change the monitor into a mirror, but then it gets useless because I then can see only the rear interior.
Yes in CSP Smart Mirror settings:
real_mirrors_off_setting.jpg

With setting on and CSP 164 it looks like:
real_mirrors_on.jpg

and off:
real_mirrors_off.jpg

But as I mentioned before on the upper left side you see, disabling "Real Mirrors" also grayed out mirror adjustments. :(

Yes in CSP Smart Mirror settings:
.../...
But as I mentioned before on the upper left side you see, disabling "Real Mirrors" also grayed out mirror adjustments. :(
Ah yes. Tried it and then the LCD indeed looks good again.
Downside is that the outside mirrors can't be adjusted in any way, which is worse for me.
I asked on discord for a solution. Hopefully there is one...

I'm not aware of any race tracks here that are pavement other than some street courses. It probably looks pale because at most tracks the asphalt is very old and they often can't really afford to repave it. A lot of race tracks in this country, especially road courses or tracks that NASCAR does not go to, struggle to keep the doors open let alone do a repave. They sometimes will repave just the turns since that's where grip is most important.

Here's some pics I took at Road America two weekends ago, it's all asphalt but it's old asphalt and looks pretty gray. You can see that some sections are older and grayer than others (the straight section is darker probably due to rubber build-up). Turn 5 looks pretty dark so it must be a fairly recent job.

Back in the 80's I used to stand exactly in the same place @ RA where you took that photo in turn 5. Watching Eddie Lawson, Wes Cooley, Mike Baldwin, Freddie Spencer in the AMA Superbike series'......:bowdown: My Dad was last there when AJ Foyt had that big off in Turn 1 .......25 years ago.

@P1ButtPlug

They seem very feint...although I can up a little bit more the light, if you guys think is better.[/USER]

All up to you ;) didn't know they were all but invisible in real life. Makes a lot of sense :D
Looking at a large group of them at night with no track lighting in that area is just black. heh

Hi gents,
sweet little street car for AC 1.16.3: (author: unknown)
48188708111_30fc3c09d3_b.jpg

I modified several files to be in agreement with the data from automobile catalog:
aero.ini
car.ini
engine.ini
tyres.ini
power.lut
etc ...
Honda claimed 228 km / h, I got 227km / h at Le Mans (no_chicane), not so bad.
if you already have this car, delete it.
https://mega.nz/#!A0swkYAD!EX9Nt1_cwnAL4zaEVDjFIwvBO7gGZoMX9Jbw6ZHY680
Have fun, Mike

Last edited:
I have a proposal to someone out there who now have time to add textures, physics and some work in 3DS MAX on this car. I have bought a 3D model of the Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG Cabriolet. Send me a PM if YOU are interested. The files I have are in .obj and/or .fbx
gwNgJWO.png

Back in the 80's I used to stand exactly in the same place @ RA where you took that photo in turn 5. Watching Eddie Lawson, Wes Cooley, Mike Baldwin, Freddie Spencer in the AMA Superbike series'......:bowdown: My Dad was last there when AJ Foyt had that big off in Turn 1 .......25 years ago.

I bet bikes are wild there. It was my first time at RA and it more than lives up to the hype. If I could, I would happily spend the rest of my life living in the infield there.

View attachment 832917
View attachment 832941

Fix V1.0

— added DAMAGE GLASS
— added INTERNAL GLASS
— created lit up numbers
— reworked lights
— added chassis damage
— created new LODs

***RACELOGIC VBOX can display every info you want, if you open digital_instruments.ini and change the TYPE line.
I added PERF as default, to display the performance delta. In alternative you could use LAPTIME to display the current laptime as in ACC.

DELETE OR BACKUP data.acd in the root folder of the car!!!
I accidentally repacked it, I suppose.

Download + Mirror

Could it be uploaded to mega? The files don´t work for me

View attachment 832917
View attachment 832941

Fix V1.0

— added DAMAGE GLASS
— added INTERNAL GLASS
— created lit up numbers
— reworked lights
— added chassis damage
— created new LODs

DELETE OR BACKUP data.acd in the root folder of the car!!!
I accidentally repacked it, I suppose.

Download + Mirror
I did this as a clean installation and deleted data.acd but have a few weird results. A bunch of steering wheel elements (button caps, arrows etc) don't move when the wheel turns, they stay frozen in space. There are also floating buttons on the centre console and a few unshaded cockpit elements (eg white shackles on the safety webbing). The headliner of the car also reflects the road which is quite annoying in VR. I don't think the way the rear light light up is correct either, with only the same small part lighting up for tail lights AND brake and the rest of the rear light cluster left unused.
Car drives great but these glitches can't be ignored - or is it just me getting them?

@Masscot Could you please take a screenshot? I don't have VR, so I will never be able replicate your issue.
Now I try moving STEER_HR dummy into COCKPIT_HR. I see it's outside in the original model. Maybe something will change.

For the rear lights, I fixed them already...hopefully now they are correct.

For "headliner" of the car you mean the windshield internal upper cover?
upload_2019-7-3_20-36-35.png

Last edited:
upload_2019-7-3_20-52-57.png

Moving eveything into STEER_HR > COCKPIT_HR...work

Fixed also "transparency" set of false. I forgot to save the persistance in Kunos editor....
upload_2019-7-3_21-3-15.png

But you need to tell me what "headliner" is.. otherwise I don't know where the issue is.

Last edited:
Oh, an migraine-reducing config file? For your health I spare neither trouble nor expenses to raise it. ;)
Would this be convinient enough?

View attachment 832806

Just edit config file block [MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_2] to:

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_2]
ACTIVE = 1
DESCRIPTION = tarmac a bit darker
MATERIALS = ROAD?
KEY_0 = ksAmbient
VALUE_0 = 0.1
KEY_1 = ksDiffuse
VALUE_1 = 0.1

Lower VALUE_0 and VALUE_1 values reduces brightness. So, if you need it even darker, just put something like 0.075 or lower into it.
BTW.: You can edit it while AC is in background. It´s almost always shown the edited changes in realtime by saving them.
Just TAB out of game into editor:
View attachment 832807
These config tweaks just aren't working for me. I've still got a purple horizon and the road remains white, even with KEY_0 and KEY_1 dialled right down to 0.01. Very weird.

lshistoric.jpg

Edit: @delpinsky the headliner is just the inside of the roof in the cockpit. In your car it's reflective and reflects the road like bad windscreen mods do.

https://mygaragestory.net/what-is-a-headliner-in-a-car-2/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headliner

I did this as a clean installation and deleted data.acd but have a few weird results. A bunch of steering wheel elements (button caps, arrows etc) don't move when the wheel turns, they stay frozen in space. There are also floating buttons on the centre console and a few unshaded cockpit elements (eg white shackles on the safety webbing). The headliner of the car also reflects the road which is quite annoying in VR. I don't think the way the rear light light up is correct either, with only the same small part lighting up for tail lights AND brake and the rest of the rear light cluster left unused.
Car drives great but these glitches can't be ignored - or is it just me getting them?

I've had steering wheel elements that don't move on other mods, I discovered that the LOD D overlapped with the LOD A so both were ocassionally active at the same moment.

EDIT: @delpinsky Hey keep up the great work! Thank you for your efforts and I am learning along with everyone how this whole mod thing works. Thank you.

Last edited:

I have the same problems !

These config tweaks just aren't working for me. I've still got a purple horizon and the road remains white, even with KEY_0 and KEY_1 dialled right down to 0.01. Very weird.
Have you put ini in ..\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\ ?
Here a new modified version as zip file. Extract ini into ..\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\ and test it again, please.

#config, #fix, #tweak, #horizon, #water, #Laguna Seca historic

Attachments

• laguna_seca_historic.zip
    769 bytes · Views: 101
Last edited:
Speaking of which, how are people getting the great motion blur in photo mode and replays? I can't seem to take photos with motion blur, and for replays I see people have things like this:
upload_2019-7-3_21-24-47.png

Except in my replays, the environment is nice and blurred but the cars stay completely clear. I'm using the latest shader patch, as far as I'm aware.

Speaking of which, how are people getting the great motion blur in photo mode and replays? I can't seem to take photos with motion blur, and for replays I see people have things like this:
View attachment 833163

Except in my replays, the environment is nice and blurred but the cars stay completely clear. I'm using the latest shader patch, as far as I'm aware.
i always use replays for pictures, its just much easier then taking pictures yourself

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back