Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,611 comments
Hello! How are you? I would like to know how to create this type of skin. I just change colors with mipmap, but I would like a tutorial. Congratulations. The skins were great.
Sorry I don't have (a link to ) a tutorial ... but there was one person here who wrote the other day that they were following a tutorial ... o wait, that was you! :)

I just experiment with the values until the result is pleasing to the eye ... You can see the changes in real time when saving the ext_config.ini (in Showroom or an in-game session you see the changes take effect as you save the ini file- no need to open a session each time after a change of parameter)
Not really a need for a tutorial that way , you'll get the hang of it soon enough!

And for getting the colorcodes I use https://colorpicker.me (but you can use any tool of choice for that.)

Here are some actual screenshots:
View attachment 1300003

Sorry you all, I actually don't have much time to do anything in AC at the moment.
As far as I remember is Beez almost done, but I haven't even had time to contact Ytanguy or Neel Jani. I don't even know how to get permission to post from them. If someone could help, that would be great. :)

I'm hoping to have a little more time around XMas. Then I could try to get a halfway finished stand.
Otherwise, I can only publish what is there at the moment and someone else could finish it afterward. Seasonal stuff e.g. fine-tuning etc.

At the moment lights, 30 pits, slightly better background when you drive down the mountain and look at the bridge construction, lots of animals, vegetation, rain etc. are, more or less, finished. But I'd have to get back to it myself first to see what's still missing.
Sorry, RL kicked in hard. 🤷‍♂️
Wowww that looks fantastic! Truly appreciate the hard work and effort that went into this. Really awesome!

I know Rainmaker frequents these parts, he's done several of Neel's tracks so maybe he could help get that sorted. There is a forum: Neel Jani's Tracks Forum I don't know how active it is - maybe that could help. Don't worry about RL getting in the way, it happens. I'm grateful that you've gotten it this far, I'm excited about the future Beez action lol

https://italotracks.sellfy.store/

GP Napoli 1934-57, working on Pescara 57, Livorno (Montenero) 1922-1947, San Remo 1947-1951... and others
You are an absolute HERO. I'm legit excited about Pescara and the other tracks on your list. Montenero, San Remo... WOW, this is excellent news for every historic enthusiast here.

speaking of Napoli @Italotracks any chance to extend the pitboxes to about 24-25 ?
Would love to use the track within some more championships, unfortunately its failing by limited number of boxes.
It's been a while so my memory might be hazy, but I do remember having a few problems getting the AI to behave in the pits. I'll have a look though and let you know.

You are an absolute HERO. I'm legit excited about Pescara and the other tracks on your list. Montenero, San Remo... WOW, this is excellent news for every historic enthusiast here.
Thanks!
Hopefully Pescara works out well and I can keep going. AC2 is on the horizon next year, hopefully it will be similarly modding friendly..

Never a need to apologise sir, thanks for the amazing looking job you're doing - if it's anything like as good as Napoli it'll be well worth the wait.
Thanks Rodger! :cheers:

The Porsche 911 Carrera RSR "Evolution Modding GTR2" skins, none of them "fit" the Porsche Carrera RSR versions.
I had to adapt/import the model (but the rear view mirror was left over), but at least we will have the Porsche 911 Carrera RSR (Le Mans 1974/1975), already adapted.

A sample of the German team "Gelo Racing Team" from 1975 with its 3 cars.

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1698974788.png
    __custom_showroom_1698974788.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 14
  • __custom_showroom_1698974813.png
    __custom_showroom_1698974813.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 12
  • __custom_showroom_1698974834.png
    __custom_showroom_1698974834.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 14
  • __custom_showroom_1698974943.png
    __custom_showroom_1698974943.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 13
I think it might only be INT_COURO that's the culprit, the other two were part of the testing process.
That makes it even weirder. INT_COURO is only used in COCKPIT_LR. If Id only remember why I used a material only in LR ....

I'll just include this snippnet with the extension and all should be fine. Already shortened the gear shaft a tad, now everyone should be happy with the animation. :)
is it normal for the turbo to be set to 0 by default?
Fixed soonish. :) Stupid modder forgot to set it. Last minute decision to make it adjustable, bc irl it was adjustable. :banghead:
I don't have ABS though.
This car never had ABS or TC in reality, so it wont have ABS or TC ingame.

Tracks listing update

Red Bold
: news and updates (tracks) from 03/11/2023 --> TBA
Red : news and updates (add-ons) from 03/11/2023 --> TBA

Yellow Bold : news and updates (tracks) from 13/10/2023 --> 02/11/2023
Yellow : news and updates (add-ons) from 13/10/2023 --> 02/11/2023

What's new : a new column with a video link (Will be updated asap)

As always, thanks to all the modders who amaze us every day.

Thank you guys

Have a nice weekend

ACTL v3.1 by Breathe

Last edited:
Hey, I will try and keep this on the topic of modding as it pertains to modded content - I recently had an issue with AC so foolishly deleted everthing except the content folder, i went back into the game and found the FFB to be blocky and unresponsive, however ALL kunos content plays as it should. Modded and bought content however produces the aforementioned clipping/blocky FFB. What plug-in or config file do i need to get the FFB back so i can get AC back to how it was...hard times currently over here :)

Atlantic Motorsport Park v1.02
Atlantic Motorsport Park (AMP) is an all-purpose motorsports facility located near Shubenacadie, Nova Scotia. The 11-turn road course was opened in August, 1974, and is situated on a 116.56-hectare (1.2 km2) site. (Wikipedia)
Conversion from GTL.

Screenshot_ks_toyota_supra_mkiv_atlantic_motorsport_park_3-10-123-17-32-1.jpg

-CSP recommended
-24 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
GTL Original Track by maeckie
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
JPS billboard texture by @Breathe
logo.png and sections file by @Fanapryde
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
marshall and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Masscot , @Breathe , @macko68

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;

-Fixed a problem with floating visual road surfaces in pit lane.
-The number of pit/start was increased to 24.

v1.02 changelog;

-Re-created fast_lane.ai.
-Added ai_hints.ini.
-Fixed semaphore.ini.

Last edited:
can anyone help, have been away for a while now and come back to a new pure etc.

i cant get the new controller to work in career and championships

i tried what the guide pdf says but theres no weather_fx.ini in x:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\cfg

any idea where ive gone wrong
From peter

there is no UI way to select the weather right now for championchips. You need to do this for now:

<snip>
This car never had ABS or TC in reality, so it wont have ABS or TC ingame.
I get what you are saying , but that's also the beauty of AC... if someone wants TC in a car that didn't have it irl , they can easily add it...
Not saying you should add it , I'm saying anyone who wants it can add it for themselves if they bother...
granted, it be making it less sim and more arcade ;) )

cheers and thank you for your marvelous contributions to AC!

Solitude 1967

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/downloads/solitude-1967.6710/

This is the 1965 layout, but as for a game simulation to keep the cars within certain limits (not having invisible barriers) barriers were created all around being the only difference from 1965. To avoid any critics that it isn't the 1965 was given the name of 1967 (1965 with fictional barriers).

Attachments

• bgr_03.jpg
    bgr_03.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 10
Algarve Portimao 2023

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/downloads/algarve-portimao-2023.6709/

Autódromo Internacional do Algarve, commonly referred to as Portimão Circuit, is a 4.692 km (2.915 mi) race circuit located in Portimão, Portugal.
The circuit is operating since 2008.
Hi mate, please try to update the things over racedepartment on the same original post so people can recive the notification for the update and they don't get lost. You can also add the changelog in the verious update on Racedeparment.
Apart from that, good job there;)

Last edited:
Had to do it. You have a choice now... (skin for rss_gtm_lanzo_v10 EVO not EVO 2) (probably a little touchup coming) (It was alot faster the 2nd time ;)) (Me, I'll still squint with the evo2)

- fixed the transparent yellow carbon fiber at back, darkened the background of the DAYLE stickers.. V12
Huracan_Evo _&_Evo2.jpg

View attachment 1300356

The Evo 2 Skin:

Last edited:
Hi mate, please try to update the things over racedepartment on the same original post so people can recive the notification for the update and they don't get lost. You can also add the changelog in the verious update on Racedeparment.
Apart from that, good job there;)
I do prefer at GTplanet @LuisB as the RD can be very sloooow

Here goes. My skin, for carToons Citta di Aorta which captures the vintage Targa Florio mood, especially at night with CrisT86's fantastic lighting additions.

I created some simple skin changes to give it a more 60s/70s Italian feel, as well upscaling street level textures for a better visual experience. Nothing as clever as the work done by Racinjoe, Rainmaker etc but I hope this skin will make the experience of driving this great track even more enjoyable.

Changes include:
  • dirtying of road texture on the edges to simulate accumulated dirt and oild drops from parked Fiat 500s
  • altering the colour/shade of the road surafce and sidewalk surface to create a greater distinction between the two
  • lowering the luminosity of many street level textures - trying to create a more FatAlfie-like™ feel where textures aren't super bright and unrealistic
  • changing most of the French shops names to Italian (using Google translate, so let me know if inaccurate)
  • I don't know if the track is set in a particular time period but the 1980s on American ambulance & fire engine weren't working for me as a 50s to 70s period track. At first I removed them both, but decided it was a bit bare at the start so brought the fire track back but tried to make it look a bit more '60s - ideally I would love to inject vintage style kn5s in their place, but I haven't yet figured out how to go about doing that.
  • a new banner at the start/finish
  • upscaling of building face textures - they are so close to the car view
Permission kindly given by carTOON to post my skin. Let me know what your thoughts, but go easy on me... ;)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/downloads/cartoon-città-di-aorta-leopard-skin.6708/
Some other translations:

riv27d.dds Vernici da Bati
riv27e.dds Più colori
riv39c.dds Casa di Maria
riv41e.dds VENDESI=A vendre, Garage della Corona=Garage de la couronne, 1a a destra= 1er a droite, Garage s. Elena= Garage St. Helene, 209 ₤ = 209 F
riv41g.dds Immobilire Tediat

Hi all, 2nd post here (what's the number of posts I need before I don't have to number them? :P) just wanted to share 2 fictional GTWC 2023 Corvette Racing #3 & #4 skins for the URD C8R GTD

Race Department link - mediafire link
__custom_showroom_1699031961.jpg

This was my first time really "making" a skin. I used @jimclark06 Compuware skin as a base to help me learn what to do, then updated logos and (light up) number plates for GTWC 2023. Tire textures are from @MEDIIZA Designs Mercedes pack. Not sure if everything's compressed down as much as it can be, I don't know much about compression for AC skins.

Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Hi all, 2nd post here (what's the number of posts I need before I don't have to number them? :P) just wanted to share 2 fictional GTWC 2023 Corvette Racing #3 & #4 skins for the URD C8R GTD

View attachment 1300365

This was my first time really "making" a skin. I used @jimclark06 Compuware skin as a base to help me learn what to do, then updated logos and (light up) number plates for GTWC 2023. Tire textures are from @MEDIIZA Designs Mercedes pack. Not sure if everything's compressed down as much as it can be, I don't know much about compression for AC skins.

Love a good, realistic 'what if' - thanks

View attachment 1300365

Funnily enough, I was actually looking for some skins for this car recently. Thank you! <3

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back