Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,711 comments
Well, you just back those files up first, no?
my point is with a simple update that doesn't require a clean install , all that is not needed.

Also from Compact (LZX) pov, each time you do a complete clean reinstall, instead of update of just a few files, all the files are again uncompressed on the NTFS disk.... So doing updates only of nesc. files also saves time in re-compressing and also in some cases in incremental backups (not all files need to be written to my backup disk when an update is done, but w clean install all files get backed up again to my NAS - over internet).

So if one would say with each update : "clean install is needed", or "clean install not needed" or "clean install prohibited (not full package)"
that would give everyone the info needed to do the right thing as they want to do it (you can still do clean install even if not strictly needed... )

but this is same as Update in CM ... and depending on the type of update the author did existing files could need to be removed (then clean install is needed). Or if a update is mandatory (when no clean install allowed, as the archive with the update contains only the needed files of the update , and is not a full package containing the original files which remained the same).

If the author doesn't specify , one doesn't know for sure.... (unless you first check and compare the content of the archive provided with the actual files in the previous version, to figure out what is the best course of action).
I hope you see that not all of us want to do that last part, and it's easier for the author of the update just to always pass that info along with any update.

EDIT : in response to Mascot's "always do clean install ... "

I also used to think that way , but now I do not completely agree anymore....
as you could end up w a none-working partial mod if the update archive is not a full package (if files that were already in prev. version are omitted in the update archive ).

And if a clean install is not needed, I prefer not doing so , as it means more extra work (creating new custom previews, re-adding custom skins, ...).
Its not the same as drag&drop into CM then clean install via CM as it recycle the files before installing it from zero. Droping in files will only replace the files with the same names.

Rena's Mclaren F1 GTR (Version 8 base)
The latest update for Rena's McLaren – Version 8 "base mod."
View attachment 1316481View attachment 1316482View attachment 1316483

Info and Download

Patreon: Download car&skins
GTplanet: Car download
GTplanet: 4k&HDR skins Download
Thanks for the updates - any chance the driver scale and posture could be looked at? He steers with his thumb knuckle in VR. :)

1704392538452.jpeg

Its not the same as drag&drop into CM then clean install via CM as it recycle the files before installing it from zero. Droping in files will only replace the files with the same names.
I didn't say drag&drop and choosing "Clean install" is same as what you suggested, I said drag& drop in CM and choosing "Update" is the same as what you suggested (copying over manually to the content dir and overwriting existing files)...

Has someone ever used Paintshop app in game? I do like its symmetry feature where you can stamp a decal mirrored on the opposite side simultaneously in order to save time, but is there a way to flip the mirrored one to normal from the opposite side in someway (especially for logos)? Or am I forced to stamp logo in both sides manually myself instead like in Photoshop/GIMP?

Has someone ever used Paintshop app in game? I do like its symmetry feature where you can stamp a decal mirrored on the opposite side simultaneously in order to save time, but is there a way to flip the mirrored one to normal from the opposite side in someway (especially for logos)? Or am I forced to stamp logo in both sides manually myself instead like in Photoshop/GIMP?
I'm afraid that's not working well for logo's (text) , those indeed need to be stamped on both sides manually unfortunately...

Anyone know if any of the Nascar content from the shutdown facebook group is available anywhere? Xfinity, COT, ect.
The one I know of is the Assetto Corsa Nascar Mod group? Not shut down. Have a wide range of cars.

@saXXXon in CM, under settings --> content manager ---> showroom --> there is a setting you may tick that the car is always centered (not on my rig so I only can remember vague). It´s below where you can choose in between CSP previews yes or no.
Yeah its the 101creative 0.8
option did not do anything (was already on) tried both on and off. so weird.

I didn't say drag&drop and choosing "Clean install" is same as what you suggested, I said drag& drop in CM and choosing "Update" is the same as what you suggested (copying over manually to the content dir and overwriting existing files)...
Except that any files added like skins wont be erased when prompted to overwrite, unless the name of said new skins is the same as updated skins

Thanks for the updates - any chance the driver scale and posture could be looked at? He steers with his thumb knuckle in VR. :)

View attachment 1316610
@Greg_ST try subbing these files in. They should work much better in VR (or for anyone with the driver visible).
New steer.ksanim and shift.ksanim, new driver scale and position (feet on pedals, hands on steering wheel), hand/steering wheel synch fixed, shift timing tweaked.
The shifting animation is a couple of inches high, but if the shifter shaft could be extended or a taller cylindrical knob put on it to suit the hand, it'd be an easy fix.
The driver's seat could ideally move forward a few inches too.

1704405068949.png

Last edited:
You use CSP previews? Do the following: extract the data.acd with CM, delete the data.acd then and try again.
Yes i do :)

Tried, did not help.

And it looks correct in the option menu

1704406424975.png

But if i press the bottom right and generate.

1704406482260.png

What you talking about Willis?

@Greg_ST try subbing these files in. They should work much better in VR (or for anyone with the driver visible).
New steer.ksanim and shift.ksanim, new driver scale and position (feet on pedals, hands on steering wheel), hand/steering wheel synch fixed, shift timing tweaked.
The shifting animation is a couple of inches high, but if the shifter shaft could be extended or a taller cylindrical knob put on it to suit the hand, it'd be an easy fix.

View attachment 1316643
Great :-)...is it possible to correct the steering also for the Mitsubishi Gt500? A thousand thanks

What needs correcting? I didn't keep that car.
Ah sorry... anyway I was talking about the car in image1. As you can see in the image2, hands do not fit on the steering wheel when you turn it to 90 degrees.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-04 233449.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-04 233449.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot 2024-01-04 233312.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-04 233312.png
    272.5 KB · Views: 13
Ah sorry... anyway I was talking about the car in image1. As you can see in the image2, hands do not fit on the steering wheel when you turn it to 90 degrees.
Without the car it's hard to be sure, but if you mean the hands aren't in synch with the rotation of the steering wheel, then I strongly suspect that steer lock is incorrect, as @Greg_ST 's McLaren F1 had exactly the same problem (he probably doesn't drive with the driver/wheel visible, or uses chase cam).
Look in data/driver3d.ini and swap this field in (or just change LOCK=360 in STEER_ANIMATION)

Code:
[STEER_ANIMATION]
NAME=steer.ksanim
LOCK=360

That should work. It usually does 99% of the time... but not always.

Last edited:
Two questions.

1.) Is anyone else seeing the ai cars flip over when going over a kerb with the recently updated versions of the VRC Touring Pack cars? I tried to run a race at Brands Hatch with them and the ai cars were flipping over when going over the kerbs.

2.) Can anyone who fools around with car mods figure out for me why the ai cars for amr_v8_vantage_gt3_sprint_acc mod can not take a high speed turn without completely losing grip and sliding off track? I can not put this car in a field on a track like Nords or Brands Hatch because they cannot hold the high speed turns. I've been trying to figure out why for months now with no luck and i've finally given up and hope someone can help.

Without the car it's hard to be sure, but if you mean the hands aren't in synch with the rotation of the steering wheel, then I strongly suspect that steer lock is incorrect, as @Greg_ST 's McLaren F1 had exactly the same problem (he probably doesn't drive with the driver/wheel visible, or uses chase cam).
Look in data/driver3d.ini and swap this field in (or just change LOCK=360 in STEER_ANIMATION)

Code:
[STEER_ANIMATION]
NAME=steer.ksanim
LOCK=360

That should work. It usually does 99% of the time... but not always.
Thank you very much, I solved it with your precious suggestion. Too kind

Made some progress on the GT4s again:
Today I have something about the 570s for you
20240105-003017-McLaren_570S_GT4.png

I remade the Door anim, so the piston is now included and it looks way more natural
20240102-204620-McLaren_570S_GT4.png

In addition to that i reworked the dashboard, so every light should do someting now😄
20240104-213832-McLaren_570S_GT4.png

A little extra is the odometer:
It shows the distance you travelled with the car in general.
Journey shows the distance of the current session and trip is an odometer that resets after every pit stop.
20240104-233045-McLaren_570S_GT4.png

20240104-195747-McLaren_570S_GT4.png

That's what we managed to invent/create.
Nothing 100% detailed, but for now it's functional.

The versions of the Ferrari 330TR/LM - Fantuzzi design

Number 6 (1962 - Olivier Gendebien - Phil Hill)

Number 10 (1963 – Pedro Rodriguez – Roger Penske)

Now let's test it on the track (BoP).

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1704413330.png
    __custom_showroom_1704413330.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 20
  • __custom_showroom_1704413347.png
    __custom_showroom_1704413347.png
    79.3 KB · Views: 18
  • __custom_showroom_1704413355.png
    __custom_showroom_1704413355.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 16
  • __custom_showroom_1704413725.png
    __custom_showroom_1704413725.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 14
  • __custom_showroom_1704413740.png
    __custom_showroom_1704413740.png
    87 KB · Views: 17
Except that any files added like skins wont be erased when prompted to overwrite, unless the name of said new skins is the same as updated skins
I don't see your point really... I know the update package will not contain my custom skins and thus if I do an Update via CM it will indeed retain my extra skins (and a Clean install will not retain them). But you suggested to copy over the content of the install package manually (not using CM) , and I say it is the same result as Update via CM.

The point I'm trying to make is this:
If it is a full package but some files are removed , and you manually copy over the files from the update archive into your content folder, the removed files (which the author deleted) will remain in your mod folder and not be deleted...
If it is an incremental package (just some extra files), then a Clean install will break the mod (so would deleting the folder manually and copying the archived content to your content folder).

You do not know what case you are dealing with unless you first examine and compare the downloaded archive content to what you have already in your content from a previous version, to be sure what it the right course of action.
It is time consuming and not logical that the author leaves this for all who downloads their update to figure out for themselves (or finding out through trial and error and having to resort to a backup in case a clean install was not the way to go, like Masscot suggests)

An auther should imho always with the release of the update mention whether a clean install is
a) mandatory (in case deleted files compared to his prev version.)
b) not needed (in case full package and no files were deleted compared to his prev version.)
c) prohibited (in case not a full package but only extra+changed files - eg. altered data.acd file or altered ini files)

Don't you all agree with this?? (I sure hope so , and that I'm not the only one who sees the logic in that...)

I don't see your point really... I know the update package will not contain my custom skins and thus if I do an Update via CM it will indeed retain my extra skins (and a Clean install will not retain them). But you suggested to copy over the content of the install package manually (not using CM) , and I say it is the same result as Update via CM.

The point I'm trying to make is this:
If it is a full package but some files are removed , and you manually copy over the files from the update archive into your content folder, the removed files (which the author deleted) will remain in your mod folder and not be deleted...
If it is an incremental package (just some extra files), then a Clean install will break the mod (so would deleting the folder manually and copying the archived content to your content folder).

You do not know what case you are dealing with unless you first examine and compare the downloaded archive content to what you have already in your content from a previous version, to be sure what it the right course of action.
It is time consuming and not logical that the author leaves this for all who downloads their update to figure out for themselves (or finding out through trial and error and having to resort to a backup in case a clean install was not the way to go, like Masscot suggests)

An auther should imho always with the release of the update mention whether a clean install is
a) mandatory (in case deleted files compared to his prev version.)
b) not needed (in case full package and no files were deleted compared to his prev version.)
c) prohibited (in case not a full package but only extra+changed files - eg. altered data.acd file or altered ini files)

Don't you all agree with this?? (I sure hope so , and that I'm not the only one who sees the logic in that...)

I think I only had a problem twice, with almost 2000 cars installed and the associated updates, nearly all with cm drag n' drop.

Progress report:
__custom_showroom_1704432148.jpg

But a little problem driving me nutz. Maybe someone knows the solution.

As you can see the rear wiper stays attached to the trunk in CSP showroom. Ingame or in showroom it doesnt. I cant figure out why it acts that way.
Made some progress on the GT4s again:
Hey Max, nicely done.
Just a reminder, the Aston needs some setup fixing. I cant even save the brake balance settings, which is kind of annoying. If not at the todo-list already, please add. :cheers:

sorry I don't seem to be able to find the answer, with CSP 1.75 walk around mode, after exiting the car what keys should I use to walk around the track? I tried the arrows and they did not work, mouse only allows for rotating the view. Thanks.

Two questions.

1.) Is anyone else seeing the ai cars flip over when going over a kerb with the recently updated versions of the VRC Touring Pack cars? I tried to run a race at Brands Hatch with them and the ai cars were flipping over when going over the kerbs.
Yes. I had the odd car flip over at Druids. Something very not right somewhere and that's as far as my faultfinding skills can take me.

View attachment 1316643
I thought that this would happen because of the car re-scale, but I didn't give much attention
The same goes for the wheel rotation lock, I keep the same rotation from the "car.ini" "STEER_LOCK=250" to the "driver3d.ini"
[STEER_ANIMATION]
LOCK=250

Anyways, thank you for the help
the IA only reach 2nd gear :-( any ideas?
I Tested the car two days ago with AI but I forgot to put the Mclaren as AI to see if it works norma
I will check this too

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back