Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,711 comments
Does anyone 100% certain know whether it's legal to share a modification of a kunos car?

The situation:

I hate that Kunos left the roof on the Porsche 918 Spyder.
So I copied the folder and renamed it. Than adjusted the model so it no longer has roof.

I was sure I wasn't allowed to share this, but now people are telling me I AM allowed to share it.. ?!?
Release the Beast!

Release the Beast!
topless.png

ROOOAAAARRRRR.....:D

Does anyone 100% certain know whether it's legal to share a modification of a kunos car?

The situation:

I hate that Kunos left the roof on the Porsche 918 Spyder.
So I copied the folder and renamed it. Than adjusted the model so it no longer has roof.

I was sure I wasn't allowed to share this, but now people are telling me I AM allowed to share it.. ?!?
It's a car included in Porsche Pack DLC, so it would be like sharing DLC-content for free. There are many sites that are OK with that anyway... And I really don't mind myself.

Hi guys, since Trained Monkey Modding has been dead project for longer time and there is no will to revive it, I am going solo and since I was the one who was maintaining and paying for the TM-Modding web page I decided that I will turn it off soon and will move all important data to my newly estabilished Patreon page. All the TMM mods which were published to this date will still be available to download at the RaceDepartment, but I will eventually publish alternate links to TMM mods as well at my Patreon page, when I will know what will happen to my personal cloud storage where all the mods are stored :) Of course, all these downloads will stay accessible for everyone for free.

One of the most visited part of TMM webpage was the Reboot Team track list, which I already succesfully migrated to my Patreon page so from now on, this list will continue there. I am currently reviewing all the links and checking the version numbers, but the list was already published. You can check it out here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/reboot-team-list-99970979

2.png

It is obvious that this should come to AC:

It's your lucky day

anyone else can't play this track ?
I can run most tracks fine keeping a steady 72 fps in VR
but this one seems to be eating headroom for breakfast.

Workaround:
rename these files : tree_accroad0.kn5 and tree_accroad1.kn5 (eg add .off to the filename)
or move them to another folder

(performance is kinda ok-ish then)

PS: anyone knows what setting I need to change to prevent all AI's from pitting after 1 lap? (this wasn't the case before and now many track/car combo's ) must be some change in CSP ?

Last edited:
Does anyone have this livery or a similar one for the Lanoz V12 aka the RSS Murcielago R-GT?
maxresdefault.jpg

From what I can see at some point the car was sold unlivered but the car now comes with a livery pack and not the plain carbon like the R-GT prototype.
If you want to keep the superior RSS version there's always this quick carbon livery I did. (I just zeroed the alpha lol)

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1709919861.png
    __custom_showroom_1709919861.png
    114.3 KB · Views: 14
anyone else can't play this track ?
I can run most tracks fine keeping a steady 72 fps in VR
but this one seems to be eating headroom for breakfast.

Workaround:
rename these files : tree_accroad0.kn5 and tree_accroad1.kn5 (eg add .off to the filename)
or move them to another folder

(performance is kinda ok-ish then)

PS: anyone knows what setting I need to change to prevent all AI's from pitting after 1 lap? (this wasn't the case before and now many track/car combo's ) must be some change in CSP ?
Woah, its already available!
Nice track but its too bright.
I wonder if there's a fix on that.

It's your lucky day

wow. It's available arealdy!
Nice track. Mod could be better quality but I guess time heals all mods.

Hi guys, since Trained Monkey Modding has been dead project for longer time and there is no will to revive it, I am going solo and since I was the one who was maintaining and paying for the TM-Modding web page I decided that I will turn it off soon and will move all important data to my newly estabilished Patreon page. All the TMM mods which were published to this date will still be available to download at the RaceDepartment, but I will eventually publish alternate links to TMM mods as well at my Patreon page, when I will know what will happen to my personal cloud storage where all the mods are stored :) Of course, all these downloads will stay accessible for everyone for free.

One of the most visited part of TMM webpage was the Reboot Team track list, which I already succesfully migrated to my Patreon page so from now on, this list will continue there. I am currently reviewing all the links and checking the version numbers, but the list was already published. You can check it out here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/reboot-team-list-99970979

2.png
Cheers, saw your recent Seat Leon and Clio Cup updates. Glad you're moving things to RD and Patreon.

For the Reboot Team page you've linked here, please consider adding a version number for all tracks, rather than just California Highway and a few others. It'd be nice to just click the link and quickly check that everything is up to date. Lord knows that the CM Update feature is finicky and imprecise, and I've been caught out a few times.

Thanks.

Yeah that's the version I purchased, that livery was exactly what i'm looking for do you have a link for it? :cool:
nope but I can send you the skin folder. Gimme a mo to zip it up for ya

Check your PMs by the way

Last edited:

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1709927355.png
    __custom_showroom_1709927355.png
    139.4 KB · Views: 7
  • __custom_showroom_1709927342.png
    __custom_showroom_1709927342.png
    143.1 KB · Views: 6
  • __custom_showroom_1709927336.png
    __custom_showroom_1709927336.png
    139.7 KB · Views: 6
  • __custom_showroom_1709927327.png
    __custom_showroom_1709927327.png
    139.3 KB · Views: 8
  • __custom_showroom_1709927288.png
    __custom_showroom_1709927288.png
    139.4 KB · Views: 6
  • __custom_showroom_1709927360.png
    __custom_showroom_1709927360.png
    153.4 KB · Views: 7
  • __custom_showroom_1709927367.png
    __custom_showroom_1709927367.png
    117.1 KB · Views: 5
  • __custom_showroom_1709930295.png
    __custom_showroom_1709930295.png
    157.2 KB · Views: 8
  • __custom_showroom_1709930301.png
    __custom_showroom_1709930301.png
    163.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_2017_suzuki_swift_track_pk_gunma_cycle_sports_center_8-2-124-19-57-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2017_suzuki_swift_track_pk_gunma_cycle_sports_center_8-2-124-19-57-40.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_2017_suzuki_swift_track_pk_gunma_cycle_sports_center_8-2-124-19-58-2.jpg
    Screenshot_2017_suzuki_swift_track_pk_gunma_cycle_sports_center_8-2-124-19-58-2.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_2017_suzuki_swift_track_pk_gunma_cycle_sports_center_8-2-124-19-58-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2017_suzuki_swift_track_pk_gunma_cycle_sports_center_8-2-124-19-58-11.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 6
Has anyone tried this pit lane app (which basically forces ai to pit once during the race)?

It's pretty straightforward to use (according to instructions). However there is one thing I don't understand.

This is from the lua script

Code:
-- GLOBAL VARS
  -- VALUES USER CAN SET START
  local isAppEnabled = true               -- When false, disables the app. (Can also be done in Content Manager -> Content -> Miscellaneous -> Lua Apps)
  local AiStartTyreCompoundIndex = 2      -- Tyre compound index AI start on. (0 is the softest)
  local aiUniqueStrategies = true        -- When false, all ai pit on same lap. When true, AI randomly pit on: pitLap, one sooner, or one later. (Much more realistic.)
  local pitLap = 10                        -- Lap AI pit on. (Don't set lower than 2. Don't set higher than final lap - 2. E.G - No higher than 8 for a 10 lap race.)
  local NewTyreCompoundIndex = 1          -- Tyre compound index the AI will pit onto.
  local expectedTyreChangeTime = 2.4      -- Expected time for AI car to be stationary in pit-box while crew puts on new tyres.
  local pitBoxToTheRight = true           -- Set true when pitboxes are on right side of pitlane. Set false when pit boxes are to the left of the pitlane. (Used so AI know wich way to turn.)
  local additionaltimeToFixFrontWing = 3  -- Extra time taken to fix front wing of AI cars ontop of standard tyre change.
  local additionaltimeToFixRearWing =  3  -- Extra time taken to fix rear wing of AI cars ontop of standard tyre change.
  -- VALUES USER CAN SET END

That part

Code:
"pitBoxToTheRight = true           -- Set true when pitboxes are on right side of pitlane. Set false when pit boxes are to the left of the pitlane. (Used so AI know wich way to turn.)"

So basically it means that you have to set this value up individually for each race and it doesn't work in the season mode unless you manully make the switch before each race.

Let's say 1988 Detroit pit boxes are on the left and Monaco pit boxes are on the right. You have to remember to adjust this setting before you start your race, right?

I have only driven 10-15 lap races for two years but would like to make the races longer... and I guess there's no way to force ai to pit without this kind of tool?
Hey, similarly, I’ve been doing ASR 91 champ and using this app, and it works well. I haven’t seen a problem with the pit lane side but I’m not sure which side the pits has been for races I’ve run, I’ll investigate, the other thing you need to watch is tire compound, the Benetton has different tire set to the rest of the cars so it came out on wets, just need to make sure if you select say compound 3, its the same for each car. And yes, if you are doing different races, you’ll need to set before every race so tire compound is right, and tire change time is similar to your own pit stop time, as well as pit lane side (I’ll investigate this and do some testing)

I’ve been leaving the file open in notepad+ on the desktop, and before each race make the change and save. Be great if there was a UI for the app that could sit in CM as part of race setup!

Hi guys! Where can I find the real 3d front Mercedes star in the front grill os the RSS GT-M mercer v8?
Thank you!

View attachment 1335322
The Mercedes star is part of an extension for the car made by Chemflummi. It's included in several skin packs for the car.

For example:

Yes, unfortunately.

I think it makes more sense for the season mode to open the data and tweak the cars' fuel consumption then.

When you go to car.ini in the \data folder it has these values.

Code:
[FUEL]

CONSUMPTION=0.001				; fuel consumption. In one second the consumption is (rpm*gas*CONSUMPTION)/1000 litres

FUEL=30							; default starting fuel in litres

MAX_FUEL=195					; max fuel in litres

Wouldn't it be much easier to edit this data and set max fuel to say, 35 liters so the ai would have to pit if it has to finish the 20 lap race, huh?

Of course you'd have to edit it for all ai cars separately. If you want some variation when the ai cars pit, simply use a different max fuel capacity for different cars so the ai cars won't all pit in the same lap. Like McLaren max. capacity 32 liters, Ferrari 36l, etc.

No idea if this works at all... just thinking loud... but I'm going to try this tomorrow. I'm sure someone here knows. :)

Last edited:
does anybody know if there's a Ferrari 712 can am?
There is a paid version available, although it is pretty terrible so I wouldn't recommend purchasing it. A 712m was teased a little while ago on a certain modder's blogpost, but sadly hasn't been seen since and may never surface.

I think it makes more sense for the season mode to open the data and tweak the cars' fuel consumption then.

When you go to car.ini in the \data folder it has these values.

Code:
[FUEL]

CONSUMPTION=0.001				; fuel consumption. In one second the consumption is (rpm*gas*CONSUMPTION)/1000 litres

FUEL=30							; default starting fuel in litres

MAX_FUEL=195					; max fuel in litres

Wouldn't it be much easier to edit this data and set max fuel to say, 35 liters so the ai would have to pit if it has to finish the 20 lap race, huh?

Of course you'd have to edit it for all ai cars separately. If you want some variation when the ai cars pit, simply use a different max fuel capacity for different cars so the ai cars won't all pit in the same lap. Like McLaren max. capacity 32 liters, Ferrari 36l, etc.

No idea if this works at all... just thinking loud... but I'm going to try this tomorrow. I'm sure someone here knows. :)

Yeah, that would get the job done (I used to do it this way) but would ultimately be more work. There’s a bunch of ways to manipulate the AI into pit stops and no perfect solutions at the moment that I’m aware of.

The Mercedes star is part of an extension for the car made by Chemflummi. It's included in several skin packs for the car.

For example:
Thank you, but I installed the skins with the extensions but it doesn't work. What could be missing? Do I have any configuration to do?

Thank you, but I installed the skins with the extensions but it doesn't work. What could be missing? Do I have any configuration to do?
You have to add a line to the ext_config.ini of each skin folder. And you can see the Mercedes star only ingame, not in in the showroom as it's a CSP extension.

[INCLUDE: cf/RSS_Mercer/Mercer_Logo.ini]

Last edited:
Is there a way to edit a cars stats using Content Manager? I am creating a GT1/Super GT field based off the Gr.2 class from GT7 as a base and the Elise GT1 in particular is way too fast to be included even with BOP enabled, maybe it's the particular car installed but the stats seem like it should be slower than it is as it's beating everything from CLK GTRs, F1 GTRs, the official Kunos GT1-98 <Which is far too slow in my opinion unless the GT1 addon cars are just buffed> and even surpassing a few LMP cars. The car IRL was fairly slow when compared to the rest of the 1997 GT1 grid minus the lone short-tail F1 GTR so the added one should be much slower as despite what the stats say I would guess it has closer to 700 if not around 750hp and is giving my GTR a pretty hard time. The only GT1 car faster than it is the CLK-LM which for the most part is accurately spec'd though abit OP but the real car was really that good so who knows.

I've tried giving it BOP with 50 for HP and 200 for weight with no apparent effect unless I am doing the settings wrong or too low.

Is there a way to edit a cars stats using Content Manager? I am creating a GT1/Super GT field based off the Gr.2 class from GT7 as a base and the Elise GT1 in particular is way too fast to be included even with BOP enabled, maybe it's the particular car installed but the stats seem like it should be slower than it is as it's beating everything from CLK GTRs, F1 GTRs, the official Kunos GT1-98 <Which is far too slow in my opinion unless the GT1 addon cars are just buffed> and even surpassing a few LMP cars. The car IRL was fairly slow when compared to the rest of the 1997 GT1 grid minus the lone short-tail F1 GTR so the added one should be much slower as despite what the stats say I would guess it has closer to 700 if not around 750hp and is giving my GTR a pretty hard time. The only GT1 car faster than it is the CLK-LM which for the most part is accurately spec'd though abit OP but the real car was really that good so who knows.

I've tried giving it BOP with 50 for HP and 200 for weight with no apparent effect unless I am doing the settings wrong or too low.
Are you re-packing the data folder after making changes?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back