Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,224 comments
Blimey, I didn't have even have time to upload it, get lunch and then post here! :cheers::lol:

Yes, after over 5000 hours working on it since April 2021 (and as a full time 'job' since August 2023) it is finally ready for you to try!
For 5GBP you get a pack containing the 25.6km circuit in AC (CSP required), rF2 and AMS1. So you can drive the longest, craziest and perhaps one of the most challenging circuits in F1 history in whichever sim you choose.
The AC version features 60 grid slots and Rain and GrassFX. It's been tested with Sol and Pure Gamma with no problems, I have reports of texture issues in Pure LCS, so for now it's best to revert to the former.

View attachment 1392729
View attachment 1392730
View attachment 1392731
View attachment 1392734
View attachment 1392735
View attachment 1392736
Erf, i'm going to buy it anyway 😂, but about the AMS version, how many AI slots? Asking for a friend

Erf, i'm going to buy it anyway 😂, but about the AMS version, how many AI slots? Asking for a friend
The AMS version has 30, but as AMS is 32 bits and limited to 4GB RAM you'll be lucky to get that with a high poly carset.
I start off lowering the details and adding maybe 15 cars and seeing if there are any problems. I have been informed that AMS, unlike AC, loads in identical models separately. So if you're doing a 20 car race with a one-model carset that is 60000 polys, as well as all the skins, AMS will load in 1.2 million faces to memory and it goes south when you get towards 3GB memory consumption instead of 4 even. There isn't much headroom to fit a 25.6km track.
So your friend may be limited to 25-30 cars for a less poly detailed mod (say the excellent 1971 F1 cars) but that might drop to 15 or so for the high detailed 1958 mod. I hope that helps :)

The AMS version has 30, but as AMS is 32 bits and limited to 4GB RAM you'll be lucky to get that with a high poly carset.
I start off lowering the details and adding maybe 15 cars and seeing if there are any problems. I have been informed that AMS, unlike AC, loads in identical models separately. So if you're doing a 20 car race with a one-model carset that is 60000 polys, as well as all the skins, AMS will load in 1.2 million faces to memory and it goes south when you get towards 3GB memory consumption instead of 4 even. There isn't much headroom to fit a 25.6km track.
So your friend may be limited to 25-30 cars for a less poly detailed mod (say the excellent 1971 F1 cars) but that might drop to 15 or so for the high detailed 1958 mod. I hope that helps :)
That's the most precise explanation i could ask for. I enjoy AMS but it got tricky to mod lately, which is why i rather stick with AC anyway. Well, thanks for the track, can't wait to test it!

Hi Guys

Here is my texture update for the ks_mercedes_190_evo2 car.

When I first started updating this car I thought easy work since I've done a few interiors. Definitely not easy, actually far from that.

Making new textures is one thing but how you scale these textures (leather, carbon, fabric textures) is very different to any other car I've ever done, over do it and everything looks pixelated, under doing it makes everything look flat.

Once I got the scaling right then I could start reworking, even this wasn't easy, getting the right light balance between all textures was a pain.

Final product, extremely happy, car looks really good and hope you guys enjoy all the hours put in.

This is a complete interior texture update :)

Installation:

- Copy my textures (ClimaxF1_ks_mercedes_190_evo2_texture_update) into each skins folder

Update details v1.0:

• New AMG decals and logo added, upscaled too
  • New cockpit_belt texture and upscaled
  • New Fabric2 texture added and upscaled
  • New Fabric2_NM texture added and upscaled
  • Reworked interior Glass texture and upscaled
  • Reworked Head_Lights texture and upscaled
  • Reworked Headlight_glass texture and upscaled
  • Reworked rear head light texture and upscaled
  • Completely reworked interior Interior_AO texture and upscaled
  • Completely reworked Interior_Details texture and upscaled
  • New leather texture and upscaled
  • New leather_NM texture and upscaled
  • New MAT_Carbon texture and upscaled
  • New MAT_Carbon_NM texture and upscaled
  • Reworked Metal_Diamond texture and upscaled (interior metal floor)
  • New Mercedes emblem added, upscaled too
  • Pedal texture reworked and upscaled
  • Reworked scratches texture and upscaled (general metal textures)
  • Reworked scratches2 texture and upscaled (roll cage)
  • Reworked Windscreen texture, less glare etc.
  • New Bridgestone tire textures added
  • Optional Michelin tire textures included in download

P.S. If you don't know how to install these textures, please send me a DM and I would be more than happy to assist :)

View attachment 1392359View attachment 1392360View attachment 1392361View attachment 1392362View attachment 1392363View attachment 1392364View attachment 1392365View attachment 1392366

it's funny cause, i wasn't really expecting that, and now my brain has to de-process 10 years of grey plastic. It's a beautiful update mate, hope you'll finish the E30 soon!

I kinda liked the white RPM counter, the yellowish should be white without the headlights on? I remember those yellow diodes and how they look at night, but at day shouldn't they be the same color as the arrows on the cockpit instruments?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back