Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,241 comments
Blimey, I didn't have even have time to upload it, get lunch and then post here! :cheers::lol:

Yes, after over 5000 hours working on it since April 2021 (and as a full time 'job' since August 2023) it is finally ready for you to try!
For 5GBP you get a pack containing the 25.6km circuit in AC (CSP required), rF2 and AMS1. So you can drive the longest, craziest and perhaps one of the most challenging circuits in F1 history in whichever sim you choose.
The AC version features 60 grid slots and Rain and GrassFX. It's been tested with Sol and Pure Gamma with no problems, I have reports of texture issues in Pure LCS, so for now it's best to revert to the former.

View attachment 1392729
View attachment 1392730
View attachment 1392731
View attachment 1392734
View attachment 1392735
View attachment 1392736
Erf, i'm going to buy it anyway 😂, but about the AMS version, how many AI slots? Asking for a friend

Erf, i'm going to buy it anyway 😂, but about the AMS version, how many AI slots? Asking for a friend
The AMS version has 30, but as AMS is 32 bits and limited to 4GB RAM you'll be lucky to get that with a high poly carset.
I start off lowering the details and adding maybe 15 cars and seeing if there are any problems. I have been informed that AMS, unlike AC, loads in identical models separately. So if you're doing a 20 car race with a one-model carset that is 60000 polys, as well as all the skins, AMS will load in 1.2 million faces to memory and it goes south when you get towards 3GB memory consumption instead of 4 even. There isn't much headroom to fit a 25.6km track.
So your friend may be limited to 25-30 cars for a less poly detailed mod (say the excellent 1971 F1 cars) but that might drop to 15 or so for the high detailed 1958 mod. I hope that helps :)

The AMS version has 30, but as AMS is 32 bits and limited to 4GB RAM you'll be lucky to get that with a high poly carset.
I start off lowering the details and adding maybe 15 cars and seeing if there are any problems. I have been informed that AMS, unlike AC, loads in identical models separately. So if you're doing a 20 car race with a one-model carset that is 60000 polys, as well as all the skins, AMS will load in 1.2 million faces to memory and it goes south when you get towards 3GB memory consumption instead of 4 even. There isn't much headroom to fit a 25.6km track.
So your friend may be limited to 25-30 cars for a less poly detailed mod (say the excellent 1971 F1 cars) but that might drop to 15 or so for the high detailed 1958 mod. I hope that helps :)
That's the most precise explanation i could ask for. I enjoy AMS but it got tricky to mod lately, which is why i rather stick with AC anyway. Well, thanks for the track, can't wait to test it!

Hi Guys

Here is my texture update for the ks_mercedes_190_evo2 car.

When I first started updating this car I thought easy work since I've done a few interiors. Definitely not easy, actually far from that.

Making new textures is one thing but how you scale these textures (leather, carbon, fabric textures) is very different to any other car I've ever done, over do it and everything looks pixelated, under doing it makes everything look flat.

Once I got the scaling right then I could start reworking, even this wasn't easy, getting the right light balance between all textures was a pain.

Final product, extremely happy, car looks really good and hope you guys enjoy all the hours put in.

This is a complete interior texture update :)

Installation:

- Copy my textures (ClimaxF1_ks_mercedes_190_evo2_texture_update) into each skins folder

Update details v1.0:

• New AMG decals and logo added, upscaled too
  • New cockpit_belt texture and upscaled
  • New Fabric2 texture added and upscaled
  • New Fabric2_NM texture added and upscaled
  • Reworked interior Glass texture and upscaled
  • Reworked Head_Lights texture and upscaled
  • Reworked Headlight_glass texture and upscaled
  • Reworked rear head light texture and upscaled
  • Completely reworked interior Interior_AO texture and upscaled
  • Completely reworked Interior_Details texture and upscaled
  • New leather texture and upscaled
  • New leather_NM texture and upscaled
  • New MAT_Carbon texture and upscaled
  • New MAT_Carbon_NM texture and upscaled
  • Reworked Metal_Diamond texture and upscaled (interior metal floor)
  • New Mercedes emblem added, upscaled too
  • Pedal texture reworked and upscaled
  • Reworked scratches texture and upscaled (general metal textures)
  • Reworked scratches2 texture and upscaled (roll cage)
  • Reworked Windscreen texture, less glare etc.
  • New Bridgestone tire textures added
  • Optional Michelin tire textures included in download

P.S. If you don't know how to install these textures, please send me a DM and I would be more than happy to assist :)

View attachment 1392359View attachment 1392360View attachment 1392361View attachment 1392362View attachment 1392363View attachment 1392364View attachment 1392365View attachment 1392366

it's funny cause, i wasn't really expecting that, and now my brain has to de-process 10 years of grey plastic. It's a beautiful update mate, hope you'll finish the E30 soon!

I kinda liked the white RPM counter, the yellowish should be white without the headlights on? I remember those yellow diodes and how they look at night, but at day shouldn't they be the same color as the arrows on the cockpit instruments?

I downloaded Chemflummi's Viper. Where does this extension folder go? Assetto Corsa root file or the car file?

Screenshot 2024-09-28 143215.png

Hi Guys

Here is my texture update for the Audi V8 Quattro Evo DTM car.

Installation:

• Copy my textures in the ClimaxF1_t78_v8_dtm_textures_update folder into each skins folder
  • Copy the Dunlop folder in my Dunlop_Tires_update into the cars extention folder as per my update

Update details:

• Reworked metal_detail texture and upscaled
  • New PlasticDetail texture and upscaled
  • Reworked scratches texture and upscaled
  • Reworked V8Evo_blackalu and upscaled
  • New V8Evo_BODY_MAP and upscaled, also added surface brur to remove any bad surfaces
  • New V8EVO_carbon texture and upscaled
  • New V8EVO_carbon_N texture and upscaled
  • Reworked V8EVO_INT_CAGE texture and upscaled
  • Reworked V8EVO_INT_PAINT texture and upscaled
  • New V8Evo_LEATHER texture and upscaled
  • New V8Evo_LEATHER_B and upscaled
  • Reworked V8EVO_LIGHTGLASS texture (exterior lights) and upscaled
  • Reworked V8EVO_PARTS (all interior textures) and upscaled
  • Reworked V8Evo_redfabric texture and upscaled
  • Upscaled V8Evo_redfabric_b texture
  • Reworked V8Evo_RIM texture and upscaled
  • Reworked V8EVO_WOOD texture and upscaled
  • New Dunlop tire textures added and upscaled
  • New Dunlop tire B textures added and upscaled

View attachment 1391869View attachment 1391871View attachment 1391872View attachment 1391873View attachment 1391875

Click below to download update:

I only have black tyres, no Dunlop ones. Is there any ext_config entry missing in the extension folder?

Hi Guys

Finally the Kunos set is complete with my bmw_m3_e30_dtm update.

Many hours later and extremely happy, car looks stunning and hope you guys enjoy all the hours put in. She's a beauty :)

Installation:

- Copy my textures (ClimaxF1_bmw_m3_e30_dtm_texture_update) into each skins folder

Update details v1.0:

• New alcnt texture and upscaled
  • New alcnt_nm texture and upscaled
  • New BMW, M3 logos and emblems, upscaled too
  • Reworked brake disc textures and upscaled
  • Reworked brake caliper and upscaled
  • New Cockpit_Belt texture and upscaled
  • New fabric texture and upscaled
  • New leather texture
  • Reworked seat rear texture and upscaled
  • New plastic texture and upscaled
  • Reworked interior rollcage and general met texture, upscaled too
  • Upscaled interior rollcage and general met texture_NM
  • Grid_NM upscaled (floor panel)
  • General metal details reworked and upscaled
  • Improved chrome textures and upscaled
  • Completely reworked interior decals, repaired several textures and upscaled
  • Reworked red dash display, added surface texture and shadows, upscaled too
  • Added carbon texture to steering wheel and upscaled
  • Added red stiching to steering wheel
  • Added new crews to steering wheel, upscaled too
  • New interior AO map
  • Reworked skin map, added surface blur and upscaled
  • Reworked taillight texture and upscaled
  • Reworked headlight texture and upscaled
  • Interior glass reworked, less glare etc., upscaled too

- Optional Michelin tires included

- Optional, buy me a beer and request yor next car texture update :)

P.S. If you don't know how to install these textures, please send me a DM and I would be more than happy to assist :)

preview.jpg
__custom_showroom_1727531973.jpg
__custom_showroom_1727524590.jpg
__custom_showroom_1727538040.jpg

__custom_showroom_1727538218.jpg

Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_dtm_grand_valley_speedway_ll_28-8-124-20-15-35.jpg
Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_dtm_brno_circuit_reworked_28-8-124-20-31-41.jpg

Last edited:
Istanbul Park 2021

Istanbul Park 2021

I completed most of my updates for the istanbul_park track done by Enver Bozkaya (SRTR), ACU, OSRW & the AC Reboot Team. All credit for the track go to those guys, not me. I had intended it to be a mod for the original track, but the list of changes grew bigger than expected so I decided to keep it a standalone track. I know some people hate that and some like it, but I think it was necessary.

I do intend to keep tweaking things moving forward, but I think the track is in a good enough place now for people to enjoy. I would still like to get a better look for the inner grass and I have to figure out a better setup for the main straight windows. I'd like them to be transparent, but can't seem to figure out why they are so dark.

If you are using any of my past test versions, please delete the old track folder first.

List of changes from the past test versions:

-- Changed the track name to Istanbul Park 2021 since I based a lot of my changes around an F1 2021 video.
-- Grass tweaks, still not where I want it.
-- Time of day and lap number displays for the start gantry.
-- A few more trees added to dead space areas.
-- Fixed a reversed sponsor banner on one of the bridges. Let me know if I missed any other ones please.
-- Collision physics to some of the tyrewalls that were missing them.
-- I prefer the kerb cones as non-moveable objects, so by default they are pass thru objects. If you prefer them to be moveable, there is a track skin named MoveableKerbCones that you can enable so they move again.
-- Support for Pyyer's F1 Classics and Bring it Back extensions. Please read the included Directions text file so you know how to install what's needed for his extensions. It's pretty simple. Install my track. Install his extensions into my track folder. Install the contents of the 'Files_for_Pyyer_extensions' folder and overwrite when it asks. I tested each extension and didn't see any issues, but please let me know if I screwed up any of them.

As always, feedback for improvements is welcome as well as pointing out any mistakes I made.
Track has been updated to version 2.1. Use the link in the quote to get the update. Before extracting, disable the 'AddonTextures (Keep Enabled)' track skin temporarily, extract the update and overwrite when it asks, then re-enable the 'AddonTextures (Keep Enabled)' track skin. If you are using any of Pyyer's extensions, make sure to also extract the files in the 'Files_for_Pyyer_extensions' folder and overwrite when it asks.

All changes are suggestions by @rickety35235

Changes:

-- Added missing collision physics to certain guardrails and fences that did not have them.
-- Fixed areas of the grass meshes that a car could fall through. If you find any I missed please send me a pm with a picture of the area so I can fix them.

Released : Opel Calibra DTM V6 4x4´95,Alfa Romeo 155 Ti V6´95
Author:F302
3D Model Car ,3D Model: KW Studios
Texture Update : F302 (rework)
Skins: KW Studios (include all liverys)
3d work: F302
Lod´s: ACTK
Physics: (éboo´s Opel only) Kunos
Rear Wing Animation
Turnlight is Working
new ext_config file for Mercedes Benz C-Class´95
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things

tested on CSP 0.2.4-preview1
PP filer PURELIFE EVO GT
VR

have fun!
To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager

View attachment 1392720View attachment 1392721
Thanks for all the cars, really appreciate the effort.

Something that I must mention and think @Masscot has mentioned too.

Quality over quantity.

This lastest upload of cars is quite a bit short in quality compared to your Calibra touring car, there's a big difference.

Last edited:
Released : Opel Calibra DTM V6 4x4´95,Alfa Romeo 155 Ti V6´95
Author:F302
3D Model Car ,3D Model: KW Studios
Texture Update : F302 (rework)
Skins: KW Studios (include all liverys)
3d work: F302
Lod´s: ACTK
Physics: (éboo´s Opel only) Kunos
Rear Wing Animation
Turnlight is Working
new ext_config file for Mercedes Benz C-Class´95
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things

tested on CSP 0.2.4-preview1
PP filer PURELIFE EVO GT
VR

have fun!
To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager

View attachment 1392720View attachment 1392721
nice one.

2 files attatched

1 for the correct flame position

2 for the correct size of the rear tyres (some were wrong on the rear not all)

these 2 files are for the Opel Calibra only, do not forget to unpack the data first before trying to install these 2 files

Attachments

• flames.ini
    451 bytes · Views: 1
  • tyres.ini
    9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back