Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,855 comments
Does anyone know of a couple of good sound mods for old high revving US V8 engines?...

...There's a lot of mods like the Trans-Am cars, 70s NASCAR

I am making a kind of fictional "NASCAR '70/moonshine rebels series" mod that is practically ready... just testing each car now and tuning the AI, but it is taking some time, since there are more than 20 types of cars .
Have some more patience and you will be able to pick some sounds from there.

You saying there is a trans-AM, 70s NASCAR mod... would you be a bit more specific about the nascar '70 please ? I were not able to find one, hence why I started building one a few months ago.

1562088999wnkn1.jpg

__custom_showroom_156wmkzd.jpg

__custom_showroom_156e7jf5.jpg

Cheers.

its actually way too far back, in real life you can't really see the steering wheel in full in any car unless you are like 7 foot tall and have to sit in the rear seat to drive. a CLK GTR is real cramp and you literally sit right in front of the steering wheel.

This is a more realistic POV in VR of the CLK GTR

Don't tell other people how to play their game, you probably wouldn't care for it if someone else did it to you. If that's the view he prefers then he's free to use it as he wishes, regardless of whether other people think it's "realistic".

So, true talk, has this Simm Traxx pissing match resulted in anything positive yet? Are we going to continue this bickering forever? If so, perhaps a new thread is in order, or better yet take it to PM so we can get back to sharing and discussing semi-truck and minivan mods. :)

I was interested in your Targa Florio cause i saw some videos online and It looked very promising but two years passed and no news about this track emerged
This is why i never face Money to you
RSS URD VRC are all modding trans that ask me Money for Finished moda and they also make updates TP their mods too
They don't sell betas that Will never see a final release

We are not selling, we are crowdfunding through early access. If there is no interest in some tracks then we move on to another that is more promising. People can always ask for refund or ask for other tracks and we will give them another option.
You are comparing selling cars to creating tracks. They buy car models and implement physics and setup shaders. We have to take care of every 1m of track from scratch.

About Targa Florio we have now v1.0 EA1 / CLASSIC (enhanced conversion to AC) ready and working. Its a version just before the 1.0 release. Just remember this is CLASSIC conversion and it will not look like 2019 productions. Perhaps at some point we will lasescan it and make a totally new from scratch track but for now we have a refreshed classic track that is challenging, quite accurate and fun. Please find me on Discord (SIM TRAXX Kon Rad ) and I can share it with You for testing so You can tell me what You think.
https://discordapp.com/invite/SndE9nU

Maybe cause the prices are not justifiable right now? 20$, ok, if you can afford it. But 40$ Plus just doesnt do it.

Its also cause the way you have to buy them now is by the "sketchy donation method." So that way when he steals your money you can't do **** about it. And he will, he literally just stole money twice in a row from a guy I know.

We are not selling, we are crowdfunding through early access. If there is no interest in some tracks then we move on to another that is more promising. People can always ask for refund or ask for other tracks and we will give them another option.
You are comparing selling cars to creating tracks. They buy car models and implement physics and setup shaders. We have to take care of every 1m of track from scratch.

About Targa Florio we have now v1.0 EA1 / CLASSIC (enhanced conversion to AC) ready and working. Its a version just before the 1.0 release. Just remember this is CLASSIC conversion and it will not look like 2019 productions. Perhaps at some point we will lasescan it and make a totally new from scratch track but for now we have a refreshed classic track that is challenging, quite accurate and fun. Please find me on Discord (SIM TRAXX Kon Rad ) and I can share it with You for testing so You can tell me what You think.

LOL dude... RSS doesn't buy car models.... They are completely scratch made.

Last edited by a moderator:

RSS URD and VRC do scratch build cars from scratch and a car is a lot of things to do cause you have the physic,colliders, lights, and so on
URD worked with Kunos too and some of their cars are inside AC right now (Corvette C7R for example)
Don't compare URD or RSS or VRC to other poor mod makers that grabs cars from other games and put some random physics
RSS Formula3 free mod is one of the most widespread mod used for Formula events online just to tell you about the quality of their work

And About Targa Florio 2 years to having a almost ready 1.0 release for just a CONVERSION and still asking money for it? This is why i am not giving money to you...
there are tons of GREAT conversion of tracks byt guys that not only they put them online for free but they upgrade them and sometimes they even made them compatible with CSP too

@ST KonRad feel free to ignore this post but p-l-e-a-s-e think long and hard before selling your house to finance a failing business - you might just be throwing good money after bad. It sounds like you are very passionate about your hobby, but that's what it is: a hobby. It really doesn't sound like a sustainable business, and your track record (no pun intended) seems to confirm this. It's everyone's dream to turn a hobby into a successful business but it's incredibly rare for this to work. And Sim Traxx aren't even starting with a clean slate: they have a tarnished reputation in the very community that provides their customers and are already carrying crippling debts.

I'm part of your target consumer base and your roster of tracks (with a couple of exceptions) just does not appeal to me. I have little interest in hill climbs and point-to-point tracks, much preferring circuit racing, and I'm pretty sure this is generally the case for most of the sim racing community. I couldn't care less whether Transfăgărășan is laser-scanned or not as I'll never know the difference. With established racing circuits it's important to some sim racers that the track is laser scanned so that the sim experience is as accurate as possible for comparing lap times or just for an overall authentic experience, but the same doesn't really apply to a public road in Romania, does it? There are no lap times to compare that demand high accuracy to replicate, no TV coverage of races that would highlight glaring errors. Laser scanning this road just seems to be a pretty pointless exercise, especially considering the colossal expense. Interest in Transfăgărășan was high when Top Gear first visited but is it still high on sim racers' wish-lists ten years later?

I'm also concerned that even after all this time you are selling just a small part of the road as 'early access' at full price with a promise of more to come. Sim Traxx sounds to be in such a precarious position (and by your own admission on the brink of collapse) that how can purchasers have any faith that the track will ever be finished?

I kind of admire your stubborn tenacity but the overwhelming evidence suggests that Sim Traxx is doomed to fail and destined to disappoint customers under the current business model. You spread yourself and your team far too thinly to do the tracks justice, have multiple unfinished or abandoned projects, take eons to complete anything and have inconsistent quality. It doesn't fill me with much confidence.

Are you able to show any videos of the work you've completed for corporate clients, the stuff you say is of AAA quality and keeps the studio operating?

"So, true talk, has this Simm Traxx pissing match resulted in anything positive yet?"

I see @ST KonRad ? released BRASOV (Romania) v1 F2D onto RD shortly after the discussion got a little heated in here! That could be seen as a positive perhaps? I had a quick blast and it seemed pretty well made so far and could be fun for long A to B type tracks. I haven't had time to explore it fully but I didn't see the multi-storey or large car park yet (I'm not suggesting it isn't there btw) The problem for me is that I rarely use A to B tracks, a couple of short hill climbs being an exception. My preference for AC tracks are; real race track > fictional race track > hill climb > A to B > free roam maps > Rally.

I know that's just my personal taste and driving style but I would bank on that most peoples list would start off the same as mine and A to B wouldn't be all that high a priority - drifters an exception maybe. Perfectly pointed out by @Kran a few posts ago and ignored/looked over by KonRad so far? I would like your response on this @ST KonRad ... I see that you do have a few race tracks that seem to be in early access and some appear free but also state Ultimate Edition and I need to sign in to download the free ones i think? So is the free one a cut down version of the UE one? I wonder, what is your definition of "Just remember this is CLASSIC conversion" my mind thinks something based from the early - middle part of the 20th century, but it appears you mean just not as visually pleasing as "2019 productions". Some words can be misleading more than others.

I am making a kind of fictional "NASCAR '70/moonshine rebels series" mod that is practically ready... just testing each car now and tuning the AI, but it is taking some time, since there are more than 20 types of cars .
Have some more patience and you will be able to pick some sounds from there.

You saying there is a trans-AM, 70s NASCAR mod... would you be a bit more specific about the nascar '70 please ? I were not able to find one, hence why I started building one a few months ago.

Cheers.

Looks very good and more than happy to wait for that, both for the cars and sounds.

The NASCAR one I mean is this one:
I wouldn't want to vouch for the quality of it as I've only done the basics to make sure the cars are working, so not driven them properly yet.

Here's a link to the download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lfjarpqd31nqwui/Vintage_Nascar.rar/file

I'm sorry, $100 for a mod? Yeah, no.

Hell no.
thats nothing. The Renault Espace F1 was priced at 199$ but then @TonyBarracuda released his own version of the car for free and RTM copyrightclaimed all the videos on YT showing Tonys car just because they wanted people to buy their version. I am telling you some russians are just crazy. I feel ashamed having those kind of people in the community.

EDIT: and remember that RTM got the original model for free because they stole it from another guy who scratch made it.

In my opinion, your problem is in narrow specialization, your tracks for rally (rally, hillclimb, etc.). Rally racing is much harder than racing on the track for both the driver and the car. Many simulator users do not like this. That's where your underfunding is!

We are quite aware about it as we come from a narrow RBR (Richard Burns Rally) community that created many track for this sim.
However we are moving towards more race tracks, more scenic circuits and open world tracks to get to wider audience.
Yes, rallies are the hardest IMO and thats why there is less people and DIRT rally is made for 8+ and also for consoles so they have a bigger audience and more money for promotion.

RSS URD and VRC do scratch build cars from scratch and a car is a lot of things to do cause you have the physic,colliders, lights, and so on
URD worked with Kunos too and some of their cars are inside AC right now (Corvette C7R for example)
Don't compare URD or RSS or VRC to other poor mod makers that grabs cars from other games and put some random physics
RSS Formula3 free mod is one of the most widespread mod used for Formula events online just to tell you about the quality of their work

And About Targa Florio 2 years to having a almost ready 1.0 release for just a CONVERSION and still asking money for it? This is why i am not giving money to you...
there are tons of GREAT conversion of tracks byt guys that not only they put them online for free but they upgrade them and sometimes they even made them compatible with CSP too

There is no just a conversion. In many cases just conversions are also hard and time consuming. We had to develop special blender scripts to be able to apply modified normals for thousands of tree modelsl.W e also worked on many other projects, both private and public. All that with 3 people, the other 2 employed are doing offfice work, marketing, tax accountancy and lots of other things that legit companies must do! I guess we just started with not enough money, if at beginning we had some more to invest then we wouldnt need to ask people to support us before finishing.

I see @ST KonRad ? released BRASOV (Romania) v1 F2D onto RD shortly after the discussion got a little heated in here! That could be seen as a positive perhaps? I had a quick blast and it seemed pretty well made so far and could be fun for long A to B type tracks. I haven't had time to explore it fully but I didn't see the multi-storey or large car park yet (I'm not suggesting it isn't there btw) The problem for me is that I rarely use A to B tracks, a couple of short hill climbs being an exception. My preference for AC tracks are; real race track > fictional race track > hill climb > A to B > free roam maps > Rally.

I know that's just my personal taste and driving style but I would bank on that most peoples list would start off the same as mine and A to B wouldn't be all that high a priority - drifters an exception maybe. Perfectly pointed out by @Kran a few posts ago and ignored/looked over by KonRad so far? I would like your response on this @ST KonRad ... I see that you do have a few race tracks that seem to be in early access and some appear free but also state Ultimate Edition and I need to sign in to download the free ones i think? So is the free one a cut down version of the UE one? I wonder, what is your definition of "Just remember this is CLASSIC conversion" my mind thinks something based from the early - middle part of the 20th century, but it appears you mean just not as visually pleasing as "2019 productions". Some words can be misleading more than others.

The release was planned at the same time in store and race department for months. We agreed with RD but found out that our file is too big for their limit and they uploaded our track separately because it was too big to be uploaded by us and thats why it was delayed. The discussion here had no impact on RD release.

PS. responded to Kran
PS2. multistorey below on screens, You must find a way to drive inside in free2drive ;) in Ultimate edition there is special stage to drive in it called Brasoviana 2. Also there are layouts without banners and RACE with AI opton on 12.5 km track.

Attachments

• Screenshot_rl_ford_fiesta_wrc_simtraxx_brasov_10-8-119-3-30-18.jpg
    Screenshot_rl_ford_fiesta_wrc_simtraxx_brasov_10-8-119-3-30-18.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_rl_ford_fiesta_wrc_simtraxx_brasov_4-8-119-20-52-50.jpg
    Screenshot_rl_ford_fiesta_wrc_simtraxx_brasov_4-8-119-20-52-50.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_rl_ford_fiesta_wrc_simtraxx_brasov_4-8-119-20-52-9.jpg
    Screenshot_rl_ford_fiesta_wrc_simtraxx_brasov_4-8-119-20-52-9.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 28
There is no just a conversion. In many cases just conversions are also hard and time consuming. We had to develop special blender scripts to be able to apply modified normals for thousands of tree modelsl.W e also worked on many other projects, both private and public. All that with 3 people, the other 2 employed are doing offfice work, marketing, tax accountancy and lots of other things that legit companies must do! I guess we just started with not enough money, if at beginning we had some more to invest then we wouldnt need to ask people to support us before finishing.

It looks already ridiculously...:)
You exaggerate. As if nobody another would do such work for much smaller money, or is free, and with the best quality.

We are quite aware about it as we come from a narrow RBR (Richard Burns Rally) community that created many track for this sim.
However we are moving towards more race tracks, more scenic circuits and open world tracks to get to wider audience.
Yes, rallies are the hardest IMO and thats why there is less people and DIRT rally is made for 8+ and also for consoles so they have a bigger audience and more money for promotion.

The release was planned at the same time in store and race department for months. We agreed with RD but found out that our file is too big for their limit and they uploaded our track separately because it was too big to be uploaded by us and thats why it was delayed. The discussion here had no impact on RD release.

PS. responded to Kran
PS2. multistorey below on screens, You must find a way to drive inside in free2drive ;) in Ultimate edition there is special stage to drive in it called Brasoviana 2. Also there are layouts without banners and RACE with AI opton on 12.5 km track.

@ST KonRad Ok get back to work now, you have deadlines to meet I'm sure :)

As a small business owner myself it hurts me to read some of this stuff but I wish you the best of luck. Remember that success is contagious and people want to be a involved with other successful people and businesses. It's not too late to turn things around and change some peoples opinions except for maybe @P1ButtPlug :lol: Do it by becoming a friend of the community and stop with the excuses and funding B.S. because really it's all just hard to believe and makes you look bad.

Marketing, advertising? What do you think you have here with this forum for example? And for free. I can only imagine the traffic that has been generated to your website, downloads on RD, etc. over the last few days because of all of this. Why not drop in from time to time with updates, free betas we can try, etc. instead of trying to get people to go to your discord.

My advice is to get some business sales and marketing books to read, get rid of the sign up process to obtain free tracks on your website and clean it up a bit. It's confusing as hell and a big turn off for me at least. Yes from time to time your tracks will be shared for free. It happens to everyone and actually rarely do I see a f3classic or Lemax track shared. Probably because they are well respected in the community which you can be too.

The most successful and respected modding groups produce quality free and paid content with no hoops to jump through to get it. I suggest taking a closure look at those business models.

I adapted the Nomad skin which was originally made as a pack of JGTC 2000 skin pack I found on racedepartment one day but it was causing a game crash once a car was loaded so I decided to put it on the GTR from Assettoland.
Next up I will be working on Paduwa Racing livery requested by @bmw35

4xsDvNu.png

rEDTuxW.png

I was interested in your Targa Florio cause i saw some videos online and It looked very promising but two years passed and no news about this track emerged
This is why i never face Money to you
RSS URD VRC are all modding trans that ask me Money for Finished moda and they also make updates TP their mods too
They don't sell betas that Will never see a final release

This to simtraxx bares repeating. So its clear, even from this post, that I was right.

These look great, are you sharing these skins? Cant see any links.

I will release the entire pack when I'm done.
I want to give you guys some nice liveries for this Diablo since we are missing ones for that car.
If you have any wished for a livery, you can send me photos like @bmw35 did.

I will release the entire pack when I'm done.
I want to give you guys some nice liveries for this Diablo since we are missing ones for that car.
If you have any wished for a livery, you can send me photos like @bmw35 did.
are the pictures good ?

and by the way i have done the nomad that streetracer 77 made he gave it too me but its lowpoly

yeah sure moment

here she is but its verry lowpoly

Attachments

• 8107013016ad5139a34701e938cb8cbb.png
    8107013016ad5139a34701e938cb8cbb.png
    57 KB · Views: 83
here she is but its verry lowpoly

Wow if this will be released as entire car mod, many people will praise you for this since it's one of the most wanted cars I know.
Too bad nobody made the Diablo SV-R since like I pointed before, those liveries are originally for the SV-R's and I feel a bit strange putting them on GTR.

yeah know that feelling i work alot whit bmw and porsches and have like 30bodykits etc but i can send you the nomad and if you whant you can skin it

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back