Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,675 comments
Same here.
I also prefer the AG version ---> available here: https://assettoland.wixsite.com/assettoland/abarth
The interior of this one is the same as the AG (bar a different rollcage).
Bodywork differs at a few spots (air vents, exhaust...)

Thanks for the link.
Well, I disagree, the AG version is a typical mod car without any special effort on the physics side IMO. It's very safe to drive, you can push full throttle and brakes almost everywhere, no FWD understeer at all, etc.
The model is a good question ;) (edit: the one from RD) but I love the handling, so real for me.

Last edited:
vc4FUH1.jpg

BRB working on a Threadripper build for this.

....also, thank the gods the Transfagaramichaelshanahan mention quota was met last page. Fun times discussing paymod business models.

POV
Thanks for the link.
Well, I disagree, the AG version is a typical mod car without any special effort on the physics side IMO. It's very safe to drive, you can push full throttle and brakes almost everywhere, no FWD understeer at all, etc.
The model is a good question ;) (edit: the one from RD) but I love the handling, so real for me.

When you get to drive you will realise that 210bhp shouldn't be anything other than safe to drive...add to that race tyres and LSD and you'll see how stuff actually handles outside of the 'sim' view of 'no grip = realism.....

Now i am not saying that AG punto is accurate to the last number...but it 'feels' more like the FWD 260 bhp Mini cooper i have driven around race tracks.
The other one feels like it has shot front tyres and the track is wet and locked diff....

oh and to add both use the kunos abarth 500 physics....so physics wise the same...but one of them IMO messes up in other areas...

Abarth Punto mod on RD is deleted. In the support thread creator is accused of stealing the model from FM.

I'm fairly new to AC and the community. Why do people get so worked up about Forza conversions when it's a free mod? The uploader does not profit from it after all. I understand that IP owners might object, but I don't understand why regular players get mad at conversions.

OK I really don't understand this guy creating all those tracks we're talking about. One of the tracks is New Jersey Motorsport Park. This track was made by Lilski--for Assetto Corsa!! The track is available for AC today for free!

Then somebody converted the track for rFactor 2. Now this guy has converted that track BACK TO AC with some window dressing added and is trying to SELL IT!! Am I missing something here?

OK I really don't understand this guy creating all those tracks we're talking about. One of the tracks is New Jersey Motorsport Park. This track was made by Lilski--for Assetto Corsa!! The track is available for AC today for free!

Then somebody converted the track for rFactor 2. Now this guy has converted that track BACK TO AC with some window dressing added and is trying to SELL IT!! Am I missing something here?

Are you kidding me?? I thought the name of that track looked familiar. What a impertinent, bootless, hedge-born, motley-minded, toad-spotted moldwarp this guy is.

Last edited:
Is this 'window dressing' anything of substantial value? Visual improvements, or some such that would actually justify the money?

Abarth Punto mod on RD is deleted. In the support thread creator is accused of stealing the model from FM.

I'm fairly new to AC and the community. Why do people get so worked up about Forza conversions when it's a free mod? The uploader does not profit from it after all. I understand that IP owners might object, but I don't understand why regular players get mad at conversions.
I'm with you honestly. Sim racing community is the only mod community I've been in that seems to get in an uproar over copyright. It's a bit absurd IMO. I haven't seen people in the GTA or NFS community for example get pissy over the thousands of rip-jobs.

Last edited:
Are you kidding me?? I thought the name of that track looked familiar. What a impertinent, bootless, hedge-born, motley-minded, toad-spotted moldwarp this guy is.

Haha. Well , I am kind of confused on the NJMP track , since Lilski already made a really good version. I know Gilles75 is a track making / converting machine , but I don't have a problem with it. You can pick and choose which ones you want , and at a $1.00 each?? Not really a bank breaker. You can jump on YouTube and probably check the track out before you buy. I know some of his tracks are terrible , but man , some of them??.....pretty dang good for me anyways , and had a lot of fun on them. Top of my head...." Seven Hills " is a blast with the right cars!

Is this 'window dressing' anything of substantial value? Visual improvements, or some such that would actually justify the money?

I'm with you honestly. Sim racing community is the only mod community I've been in that seems to get in an uproar over copyright. It's a bit absurd IMO. I haven't seen people in the GTA or NFS community for example get pissy over the thousands of rip-jobs.

I'm with you guys. Some of it gets pretty stupid and pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
To the mods seeing this thread, is it possible to split this simtraxx nonsense into its own thread? Or maybe insta delete any post this guy makes? I think the discussion has run its course here and it's clear neither side is going to back down. This thread is already so much work to keep abreast of each week I come here, I don't want to wade through 10+ pages of inane arguments about the correctness of "paid mods" for a computer game. Sheesh.

I miss the days when this thread only moves 3 pages/week, and Apexxer comes out with high quality mod updates like clockwork. No bs, no name calling, no money, no ripping this or that. Just good old sharing & caring.

To the mods seeing this thread, is it possible to split this simtraxx nonsense into its own thread? Or maybe insta delete any post this guy makes? I think the discussion has run its course here and it's clear neither side is going to back down. This thread is already so much work to keep abreast of each week I come here, I don't want to wade through 10+ pages of inane arguments about the correctness of "paid mods" for a computer game. Sheesh.

I miss the days when this thread only moves 3 pages/week, and Apexxer comes out with high quality mod updates like clockwork. No bs, no name calling, no money, no ripping this or that. Just good old sharing & caring.

I'm pretty much with you BUT, the name of this thread IS "Asetto Corsa PC Mod Discussion". Downloads you find can be considered as a bonus. Obviously not everyone is going to like whatever discussion is going on at all times and I don't think 10+ pages of inane arguments has discouraged Apexxer or anyone else from posting their mods.

It's pretty much run it's course anyway. I'll be shocked if @ST KonRad comes back with another long winded post of laser-scanned gibberish with no paragraphs.

I just got tired of seeing him post 26 times (at the time of my longer post) about the same crap over and over so I had a go at him. But I'm done, you can all stop crying. Besides it was a constructive discussion as @Masscot has mentioned multiple times now.

ANYWAY. Back to our regularly scheduled programming. :D

Atlanta Motorsports Park
Macau
Salzburgring
Sebring
Sonoma
Suzuka
Zolder
Tell me, Suzuka is whose job?
Isn't that an envelope from the FM7?
Tried many versions of Suzuka for AC - all of them inaccurate compared to the laserscan version. Did anyone convert it from the FM7?

POV
Thanks for the link.

I don't see how you could disagree with me preferring one over the other ? ;)
As for how it drives, it's not because it is fairly safe and forgiving, that it is not realistic. This is what they are made for:

"""""This category was meant to be an introduction to new racers that wanted to get started in the competition ambient, therefore, this car is easy to drive, cheap, and fun."""""

The newer one (that now has been removed from RD) did not reflect this behavior. It was also set too high and did not feel realistic at all.
I have done my fair share of track time and I am not agreeing with the "if it's easy to drive it can't be realistic' idea of some sim racers.
If I want a difficult drive, I go back to the classic race cars (as there are a lot of good ones for AC).
But if you happen to prefer the (ex)RD model, be my guest, have fun :)

Last edited:

I totally agree. But there is a caveat. It's one thing to say
"right chaps here is a mod car it's from Forza but i did the physics myself"
To going on RD and basically saying you did the modelling yourself.... it's the lying to get the ego stroked i suppose is of more importance on RD?

I mean if you are making your own scratch made models and then some guy rocks up with 25 plus 5 star reviews and you dig and see he ripped it..well....i don't think its Turn 10 they are trying to 'save'....

They report it knowing RD will remove it due to copyright etc...but they are not doing it for that reason....

My view on it?
Don't post those rips on RD.... give them to assettoland or stick them on facebook....
If you use Forza models, just say so, be open about it, or at least don't lie and say you modelled it yourself.

The fact a mod car ripped from Forza with kunos physics and borked grip gets 25 5 star rates tells me all i need to know anyway...

Since we're on the topic of physics now, in the AC Legends pack I noticed a problem with the Ford MK IV '67, and I'm wondering who here knows how to fix this:

wtHiyxa.jpg

The car should not be able to reach 325 KM/H in reverse.

Ok it's here.
I hope you guys enjoy it. This is my first release ever for AC and I know it still needs some work so let's say that this is a 1.0 version.
The skinpack contains 10 skins in which 6 are liveries adapted from some older packs which doesn't work on the car I was working on and 4 are my own projects.

The Paduwa Racing car is missing a Speedworld logo on right side below doors. Will upload the fixed pack soon.

LAMBORGHINI DIABLO GTR
v030819 by Assettogarage updated/edited by Assettoland.
###
Livery Pack no.1 v1.0
by Ruhisu
###
Download:
---
https://mega.nz/#!ULQTnaxT!CLrumKV3mGKII3m7CVgUlgZArw3JlyyrwMrFa8zphT4
---

bsUHMIN.png

pYy15oB.png

cwq4yxp.png
Great skins! May I ask where you got the Bull design of the "Forstner" livery from?

The Forstner livery was not made by me. I got it from @Fanapryde and adapted it to work with the Assetto Garage Diablo GTR but such design is easy to make since it is just a simple lineart of Lamborghini logo which can be found for example here https://i.pinimg.com/736x/fe/ab/05/feab05a167943cc52e3a1c558857fe10.jpg but you can also do it easily on your own with Illustrator, Photoshop or Paint tool SAI which is the easiest tool.

Looking good. Could you flip the Brussels Kart Logo on the right side of the car ? It's mirrored now.​

My bad. The link is updated with fixed livery
You may also notice the logo on Donut King's right mirror is also mirrored but it's due the fact that there is only one mirror wire in the template and I don't know how to fix it and I will be probably removing the logo from it.

Last edited:
I don't know mate, I think a lively discussion with one of the most divisive paymod personalities in the whole AC modding scene is far more interesting and relevant than the stream of begging posts that this thread is always in danger of descending into

I have to agree with you that this aspect of the conversation belongs in our thread.
To be honest, beside that I have no interest in what that particular modder as to say, which does not help, my lassitude on post about ST is that, the subject is not so much modding as it relates to how he should conduct himself.
I just hope we have seen the end of it, as I do not mind at all the way this thread usually is, including the apparently unavoidable beggars.:)

Aren't you the guy who just encouraged them to keep arguing by saying how great it was for there to be some "arguing and bitching" here?

Right here:
I just got tired of seeing him post 26 times (at the time of my longer post) about the same crap over and over so I had a go at him. But I'm done, you can all stop crying. Besides it was a constructive discussion as @Masscot has mentioned multiple times now.

ANYWAY. Back to our regularly scheduled programming. :D

I just wouldn't call it a crap. You guys maybe try to do some tiny track and then release it for thousands of people and call it the CRAP ;)
About other things I understand for some people it might be boring to go through a discussion they shouldn't need to hear, because its interesting for people who are more dug up into the track making and modding scene. Thanks for the constructive discussion that will make us surely change our perception for some things and perhaps it can be for the good of all as planned from beginning I am sure.

Maybe we just brought balance to the force ;) :D

Then the credit goes to Assetto Land and Assetto Garage :)
I just made the liveries but yes, from all Lambo GTR mods I tried, this one is the best so far.

One of my biggest dream is that someone will make one day a mod of the Blancpain Countach. It looks breathtaking.
khyzyl-saleem-hugo-countach-final-low.jpg
I mean it is only a render not a real car...

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back