Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,286 comments
@Fanapryde thanks for that Mid Ohio, finally not only a smooth MO, but incredibly nice! But then again, its by Terra so...:P
And nobody charged anything for an AAA, beautiful track.

wallhaven-lmjjql.jpg

wallhaven-lmjjmq.jpg

I am sure this is a simple thing but not for my old head. How do you make CM the default launcher instead of the Assetto one? Sometimes when I click to start a race in CM, the stock launcher takes over.

Thanks for any help
If Steam is not running when you click "Drive", Steam app launches first. But then instead of directly going into race, stock Assetto Corsa launcher starts.

If Steam is already running CM bypasses AC launcher (as it's intended to do) and runs the race.

Hi guys! I'm searching for this! The Panoz DP01 is an open-wheel car that was produced by Élan Motorsport Technologies at Braselton, Georgia, United States. It was developed for use in the 2007 Champ Car World Series season, replacing the aging de facto-spec Lola chassis. The DP01 was introduced to the world at the 2006 Grand Prix of San Jose on July 28, 2006. Due to the February 2008 sale of Champ Car to the Indy Racing League, which uses its own spec equipment, the car is not currently used in a professional racing series in the United States. The final race for the car was the 2008 Grand Prix of Long Beach.
1024px-Panoz_DP01%2C_original_livery-01.jpg

Hi guys! I'm searching for this! The Panoz DP01 is an open-wheel car that was produced by Élan Motorsport Technologies at Braselton, Georgia, United States. It was developed for use in the 2007 Champ Car World Series season, replacing the aging de facto-spec Lola chassis. The DP01 was introduced to the world at the 2006 Grand Prix of San Jose on July 28, 2006. Due to the February 2008 sale of Champ Car to the Indy Racing League, which uses its own spec equipment, the car is not currently used in a professional racing series in the United States. The final race for the car was the 2008 Grand Prix of Long Beach.
1024px-Panoz_DP01%2C_original_livery-01.jpg

Okay are you "searching" for it because you know it exists in AC already or are you asking someone to make it?

The DP01 doesn't exist for AC, nor anywhere as far as I know. IRL, I'm very familiar with this beast. They were BAD nasty.

RSS should take notice, them being the best of the best, they can do a car nobody's done. Its insanely quick and nimble.

From read me file in the original stock car ressurection mod that I guess Donnie Heerdt converted from rf2
original authors:
Special thanks goes to MoparBob and Toebee. It was his original brain child. He was responsible for acquiring the exterior models over the years. He Painted 99% of the cars. He was even able to speak with Dale Inman (Richard Petty’s crew chief) to help on some physics information. More thanks goes to ISI. The physics are based off of their 1974 Dissenter mod. I am also using a few things from their 2015 stock car mod (sounds, shifter boot model, etc..). Lastly thanks Studio 397 for the new support.

Thanks a lot mate! ...I was going crazy looking around the net for any info on who built the originals.
At least now I can properly credit the authors.
The physics is anyway redone completely from scratch, as the skins are, but I would feel bad releasing the mod without thanking and giving credits to the ones that picked up all the 3D models (there are about 30 different cars).

Thanks again !!!

another few shoots while I am cleaning the folders; the Shelby and the Javelin:

__custom_showroom_156yajxw.png

__custom_showroom_156qzjcl.png

Last edited:
Mmm... track light configs don't seem to be working for me any more. All are downloaded and in my '..loaded' folder.
Any ideas?
Sol and CSP are bang up to date.

Edit: AI cars aren't turning their headlights on at night either, which I guess is related.

Last edited:
Mmm... track light configs don't seem to be working for me any more. All are downloaded and in my '..loaded' folder.
Any ideas?
Sol and CSP are bang up to date.

Edit: AI cars aren't turning their headlights on at night either, which I guess is related.
I stopped updating CSP/Sol at 140/1.2.3 due to this (that combo still works reasonably well). Major game-breaking issues abound in subsequent updates, unless your use case scenario consists of taking single cars out for 1-2 test laps and moving on, ADHD-style, to the next mod (as I suspect is the case for many users).

If you want to actually use AC as a racing sim, you're better off not updating with each and every CSP release.

The DP01 doesn't exist for AC, nor anywhere as far as I know. IRL, I'm very familiar with this beast. They were BAD nasty.

RSS should take notice, them being the best of the best, they can do a car nobody's done. Its insanely quick and nimble.
RSS could have a look on the Brabham BT46b, It will be a sweet pair with the Formula (Lotus) 79 !

By the way, this Panoz is really attractive ! <3

Cheers ! ;-)

@Fanapryde
A very very good signature ! ;-)

I don't see how you could disagree with me preferring one over the other ? ;)
As for how it drives, it's not because it is fairly safe and forgiving, that it is not realistic. This is what they are made for:

"""""This category was meant to be an introduction to new racers that wanted to get started in the competition ambient, therefore, this car is easy to drive, cheap, and fun."""""

The newer one (that now has been removed from RD) did not reflect this behavior. It was also set too high and did not feel realistic at all.
I have done my fair share of track time and I am not agreeing with the "if it's easy to drive it can't be realistic' idea of some sim racers.
If I want a difficult drive, I go back to the classic race cars (as there are a lot of good ones for AC).
But if you happen to prefer the (ex)RD model, be my guest, have fun :)

Oh, sorry, it's just my English. I meant I prefered that one :)
I don't think either every car must kill you in the first corner, but I drove so much boring, idiot proof car lately, this car was a good surprise.
And yes I understand he just copied the files etc. but had some luck with it it seems, because it was believable for me.

Do you know maybe a better version of Pikes Peak than the SimTraxx beta? The visuals aren't bad IMO, but the road surface is like glass unfortunately.
I guess it's from Dirt 1, I don't even know how accurate it is.

I know this is a long shot but is there any chance someone could modify a version of Suzuka and make it like Sakkito in PCars1/2?

In Sakkito, you turn hard left after going under the bridge and there is no chicane before you head onto the front straight, just a massive long run into turn one. Honestly the only thing I miss PCars1/2.

Thanks

open the drivetrain.ini file and modify the first gear ratio that you see... it is the reverse gear ratio. Than you can update also the gears lut file with the new value

(just copy the first gear ratio and make it negative for the reverse, if you don't know how to calculate the ratios or you don't have RW data)
Thanks for helping me. :cheers: I used QuickBMS to extract/decrypt the file and successfully changed it from -0.899 to -3.989. I also fixed the gear ratios for the others because they were inaccurate and I found RW data for them. Reverse speed is 79 km/h max now, on par with the kunos Ferarri P4.

Last edited:
Speaking of South America, Who would like to accept the mission of finding these tracks that were deleted from RD? I had them at one point but lost them.

I contacted the author on RD but he never responded. Here's a hint, these are not the real track name but how they were posted on RD.

I can help you with 4 (5) of them. The others I don't have installed or stored...

1- Autodromo Ruta 2 Sudamericano = Autodromo La Plata: https://mega.nz/#!CaAWyKKJ!Lg7DdBBluyjAoHF_GgTADGVUZtWWjKz0XslgNVniJwM
2- Buenos Aires Oscar Y Juan Galvez: https://mega.nz/#!2xshAKjQ!UJYit1BSAfrNrsf8W8HMB9QS-0LIjqi9r_T3GzVApnU
3- Termas de Rio Hondo Argentina: https://mega.nz/#!OwZ31YbR!GNDUYg0I7hu-7nPEYbefdA814FVOqiU7UFv5O7HCJrk
4- La Pedrera San Luis Argentina

5- Roberto Mouras La Plata Argentina = see #1 (is the same track)
6- Autodromo Ciudad de Rafaela Argentina
7- Autodromo Sincordia Sudamericano = Autodromo Ciudad de Concordia: https://mega.nz/#!6TZ2HSYC!GoW_yVAoyFC3uraC0yfCfsCCFI341KGONmc8qbezlLY

Last edited:
POV
Oh, sorry, it's just my English. I meant I prefered that one :)
I don't think either every car must kill you in the first corner, but I drove so much boring, idiot proof car lately, this car was a good surprise.
And yes I understand he just copied the files etc. but had some luck with it it seems, because it was believable for me.

Look at this on board, look at the traction and the general feel from the guys arms etc..... listen to the car its not spinning the front wheels in every gear or violently understeering....

They are planted...they look like fun..but planted proper little race cars... nothing like how the forza rip acts...

Riddle me this: is there any reason for the steering lock to be anything other than 360 degrees in data/driver3d? I have to go in and change this to 360 degrees on a LOT of mod cars so that the driver's hands don't slide around the wheel like a greased pole.
Why do modders often seem to get this wrong?
It seems as this value sets one cycle of the animation to equal one rotation of the wheel. Most animations go from one turn left to one turn right, so 720°, and if the wheel needs to turn any further the animation can just loop. However if an animation was created which covered a greater sweep, I guess for Rally or Drift cars, then the above value would need to be different.

I can help you with 4 (5) of them. The others I don't have installed or stored...

1- Autodromo Ruta 2 Sudamericano = Autodromo La Plata: https://mega.nz/#!CaAWyKKJ!Lg7DdBBluyjAoHF_GgTADGVUZtWWjKz0XslgNVniJwM
2- Buenos Aires Oscar Y Juan Galvez: https://mega.nz/#!2xshAKjQ!UJYit1BSAfrNrsf8W8HMB9QS-0LIjqi9r_T3GzVApnU
3- Termas de Rio Hondo Argentina: https://mega.nz/#!OwZ31YbR!GNDUYg0I7hu-7nPEYbefdA814FVOqiU7UFv5O7HCJrk
4- La Pedrera San Luis Argentina

5- Roberto Mouras La Plata Argentina = see #1 (is the same track)
6- Autodromo Ciudad de Rafaela Argentina
7- Autodromo Sincordia Sudamericano = Autodromo Ciudad de Concordia: https://mega.nz/#!6TZ2HSYC!GoW_yVAoyFC3uraC0yfCfsCCFI341KGONmc8qbezlLY

ALL https://sharemods.com/wxczz3rtuy7z/tracks.rar.html

I don't understand why in every other game the steer ratio is an accessible option but in AC you have to access it in the car.ini....

Because AC has soft lock, (and CM has hard lock), that sets your wheel's rotation to that of a particular car. If you have an older/cheaper wheel that has very little lock then AC scales the steering ratio so you still get enough lock to lock.

Look at this on board, look at the traction and the general feel from the guys arms etc..... listen to the car its not spinning the front wheels in every gear or violently understeering....

They are planted...they look like fun..but planted proper little race cars... nothing like how the forza rip acts...

I see, thanks. I didn't know that car, as I said it was believeable for me, and it's fun because it needs some finesse to drive. Still think the other one is too easy to drive, but it's my personal opinion, not arguing.

Thanks a lot mate! ...I was going crazy looking around the net for any info on who built the originals.
At least now I can properly credit the authors.
The physics is anyway redone completely from scratch, as the skins are, but I would feel bad releasing the mod without thanking and giving credits to the ones that picked up all the 3D models (there are about 30 different cars).

Thanks again !!!

another few shoots while I am cleaning the folders; the Shelby and the Javelin:

__custom_showroom_156yajxw.png

__custom_showroom_156qzjcl.png

Great, I'm glad it turned out to be useful information. I'm really looking forward to your mod...assuming you'll share it here :cheers:

Donnie Heerdt was certainly busy back when he was doing these cars. I don't know if these are all of his releases but what's here are the original ones I believe. I never know what's happened to a car once it lands on Assettoland so I like to have the originals even if they are outdated.

upload_2019-8-17_17-1-33.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back