Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,675 comments
the red light in the back of a F1 car is not a brake light, it is a weather light for when driving in low visibility weather, like rain for example.
I mean brake disc light glow...when you push brake pedal...thank's for tips 👍 rain light is already fixed :P
Next is done ;) with RAIN LIGHT, and no disc glow :sly:

Screenshot_f1_2008_renault_ks_barcelona_17-8-119-16-29-12.png

Screenshot_f1_2008_renault_ks_barcelona_17-8-119-16-28-4.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_f1_2008_renault_ks_barcelona_17-8-119-16-29-12.png
    Screenshot_f1_2008_renault_ks_barcelona_17-8-119-16-29-12.png
    183.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:
Question:
Does anyone know the origin of the Terra21 (AC Track Reboot) Sonoma track?
Aka Sears Point aka Infineon. Who CREATED the track?
It's far too bumpy in my opinion...
Also the grass parts have huge bumps that will throw any car around at low speed.

If someone can give me some RL details, I could improve the roadmesh in 3DSMAX.

Question:
Does anyone know the origin of the Terra21 (AC Track Reboot) Sonoma track?
Aka Sears Point aka Infineon. Who CREATED the track?
It's far too bumpy in my opinion...
Also the grass parts have huge bumps that will throw any car around at low speed.

If someone can give me some RL details, I could improve the roadmesh in 3DSMAX.

Fantastic. man if you could smooth out Sonoma and MidOhio (pelvic breaker) that would be excellent.

Jim Loyd and Terra21 created it. AC trackreboot-
Sonoma 0.9.1 --- https://www.mediafire.com/file/c280l3b2ldbdz4z/sonoma.zip

Fantastic. man if you could smooth out Sonoma and MidOhio (pelvic breaker) that would be excellent.
Jim Loyd and Terra21 created it. AC trackreboot-
Sonoma 0.9.1 --- https://www.mediafire.com/file/c280l3b2ldbdz4z/sonoma.zip

I know who worked on it and released it, I want to know who CREATED it (from scratch) :)
Yes, Mid Ohio is also too bumpy.
I have both tracks, but would like to modify them a bt.

Riddle me this: is there any reason for the steering lock to be anything other than 360 degrees in data/driver3d? I have to go in and change this to 360 degrees on a LOT of mod cars so that the driver's hands don't slide around the wheel like a greased pole.
Why do modders often seem to get this wrong?

Riddle me this: is there any reason for the steering lock to be anything other than 360 degrees in data/driver3d? I have to go in and change this to 360 degrees on a LOT of mod cars so that the driver's hands don't slide around the wheel like a greased pole.
Why do modders often seem to get this wrong?

Know what you mean. Also, the tags. Like, you download a Volkswagen Golf and it carries the tag "GT3", "Italy" and stuff like that.
I've always find it useful to create my own categories for the tags, with car type and decade, like:
Rally (1980-1989)
F1 (1950-1959)
... and so on.

Primarily because not all cars have a a 360 degree lock to lock and this depends greatly on the vehicles steering ratio of which is controlled by the geometry/design of the steering mechanism and is vastly different between makes and models, especially in comparison with road cars and race cars.

If you're changing this in every car this is bound to lead to issues because I have seen many times where trying to implement a bit more steering degrees results in the wheels being turned way too much in game because when you change the steering degrees you also have to adjust the steering ratio to match the modified degree values using the steering dev app.

Maybe one day some one with talent will be able to make a new drivers hand and arms animation that has more robust perimeters. Perhaps this can happen with the shader patch... 💡
Weird. Cars never feel any different or seem to steer any differently, even after changing the steering lock from something like a 200 degrees default to 360. All this seems to do is put the rotation of the hands and steering wheel in synch with each other AND in synch with the rotation of my FFB wheel, which is essential in VR. Are you sure the driver3d values don't just change the animation of the arms/hands, and not affect the actual steering ratio?

A few asked about the Nascar Grand Nationals, so here goes. Lotta skins too. Collision detection needs work *hint hint. And you need to work on a setup, you'll see. :D But theres one in it, just gotta unlock it :lol:.

https://mega.nz/#!gxEREAoI!WzdlUoStMtWBw2DIaEqjFQEgXjBykqoaWGVdPAUxRLs

30m8p7c.png

the skins look really great on the shoot... you know who is the author ?

...just yesterday I done a few similar "fictional" ones, but for the GTX:

gtx_279jxf.jpg

gtx_1qzkwb.jpg

gtx_inzvkg7.jpg

gtx90j2c.jpg

btw. anyone knows from where the 3D models have been converted ? (i am referring to the 1970 cars era that can be found on Assettoland signed mostly by smallblockhero) ...all of them share the same modeling style and same type of textures.

Last edited:
Since we're on the topic of physics now, in the AC Legends pack I noticed a problem with the Ford MK IV '67, and I'm wondering who here knows how to fix this:
The car should not be able to reach 325 KM/H in reverse.

open the drivetrain.ini file and modify the first gear ratio that you see... it is the reverse gear ratio. Than you can update also the gears lut file with the new value

(just copy the first gear ratio and make it negative for the reverse, if you don't know how to calculate the ratios or you don't have RW data)

I used a 450° steer lock on the cars I am doing and matched the values in the car.ini and driver3D.ini ... don't see any visual problems so far ?!? ...or I missed something ?

I use 16 as a steer ratio (lazy driver :D )

It is weird indeed, yeah it really don't affect the way the car feels per se but visually I have seen where it does, that is if you're assigning a 360 lock to lock in the car.ini file. But it would have gotten even more weird if I wouldn't have realized that you're talking about the driver3d.ini and my mind is thinking car.ini :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'll gladly put a link up to it if someone can provide me the users name on RD so I can properly credit them in the post.

Author: Alejo1633
Abarth Punto Competizione

Car description:
The Abarth Punto Competizione was an argentinan cup that lasted from 2012 to 2016 and was the replacement for the Fiat Linea Competizione.

This category was meant to be an introduction to new racers that wanted to get started in the competition ambient, therefore, this car is easy to drive, cheap, and fun.
The base model is the Abarth Punto EVO, with a T-Jet 1.4L engine and a Garret GT1446 turbocompresor, so the car reaches 210bhp with a maximum torque of 350 Nm, so the max speed is 230 km/h.

This is our first mod, so expect bugs (in the physics and visuals) and wrong stuff. If we see this car gets support we'll be updating it in the uponcoming weeks.

Speaking of South America, Who would like to accept the mission of finding these tracks that were deleted from RD? I had them at one point but lost them.

I contacted the author on RD but he never responded. Here's a hint, these are not the real track name but how they were posted on RD.

Autodromo Ruta 2 Sudamericano
Buenos Aires Oscar Y Juan Galvez
Termas de Rio Hondo Argentina
La Pedrera San Luis Argentina
Roberto Mouras La Plata Argentina
Autodromo Ciudad de Rafaela Argentina
Autodromo Sincordia Sudamericano

Last edited:
I'm with you honestly. Sim racing community is the only mod community I've been in that seems to get in an uproar over copyright. It's a bit absurd IMO. I haven't seen people in the GTA or NFS community for example get pissy over the thousands of rip-jobs.

It seems mainly to be at Race Department because it's against RD's ToS, which is fair enough. Some users are very keen to spot ripped content and loudly report it, but then again some kids at school loved to tell the teacher about other kids misbehaving. What's funny is, I've swapped ripped mods privately with some of the more vocal 'reporters'. Maybe it's a case of 'do what I say, not what I do'...

I used a 450° steer lock on the cars I am doing and matched the values in the car.ini and driver3D.ini ... don't see any visual problems so far ?!? ...or I missed something ?

I use 16 as a steer ratio (lazy driver :D )

I don't understand why in every other game the steer ratio is an accessible option but in AC you have to access it in the car.ini

btw. anyone knows from where the 3D models have been converted ? (i am referring to the 1970 cars era that can be found on Assettoland signed mostly by smallblockhero) ...all of them share the same modeling style and same type of textures.

Not much help ...

From read me file in the original stock car ressurection mod that I guess Donnie Heerdt converted from rf2
original authors:
Special thanks goes to MoparBob and Toebee. It was his original brain child. He was responsible for acquiring the exterior models over the years. He Painted 99% of the cars. He was even able to speak with Dale Inman (Richard Petty’s crew chief) to help on some physics information. More thanks goes to ISI. The physics are based off of their 1974 Dissenter mod. I am also using a few things from their 2015 stock car mod (sounds, shifter boot model, etc..). Lastly thanks Studio 397 for the new support.

Last edited:
I am sure this is a simple thing but not for my old head. How do you make CM the default launcher instead of the Assetto one? Sometimes when I click to start a race in CM, the stock launcher takes over.

Thanks for any help

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back