Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,900 comments
Remember Sports Car GT?

owz4ETj.jpg

dsKxtkA.jpg

Of couse I remember! That was my first racing game ever. I played the demo over and over with the BMW at Lime Rock. A week after I bought the game. I remember it had a very nice AI.

@GzeroD Could you fix Salzburgring again please? :)
Change material "3dgrass" the value boh from 1.0 to 0.0 as the 3D grass is not shown anymore. :(

Who don´t want to wait put this in the config ini (..\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\salzburgring.ini) to fix it with CSP:
[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_0]
MATERIALS = 3dgrass
KEY_0 = boh
VALUE_0 = 0

@GzeroD Could you fix Salzburgring again please? :)
Change material "3dgrass" the value boh from 1.0 to 0.0 as the 3D grass is not shown anymore. :(

Who don´t want to wait put this in the config ini (..\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\salzburgring.ini) to fix it with CSP:
[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_0]
MATERIALS = 3dgrass
KEY_0 = boh
VALUE_0 = 0

I would recommend in general using ..\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\ folder for tracklights config files.
This way the updates downloaded via CM are applied, otherwise having the tracks folder an higher priority they wouldn't

Here's the .kn5 with mirrors fixed. Although the model lacks COCKPIT_HR/LR and has no LODs, but I guess it has wheel blur so everything must be perfect.

Take it as a comment on the overall way things seem to happen.
Bugger all mods have LODs, in some cases (Usually on otherwise well done Forza converts) I can knock them out in 20 minutes flat.
And at the same time most of said mods scream, added Rim Blur or fixed Rim Blur in six foot high capitals. And as far as I can tell Rim Blur is, if not needed at all, then very low in the order of optimising things.

Hi all, I'm Dan Bucsa,

I've only been modding for about 8 months and been releasing my work for 3 months. 20+ years ago I use to use Lightwave and 3dStudio and I just started getting into it again recently. I can not afford 3dsMax so I work with 3DSimED3, trying to learn Blender and I use Paint.net amongst other free or affordable software. I do what I do with love and passion and share without any restrictions and do not ask for anything in return. Since I've been part of the community for over a year I've never said a bad thing about any other modders work on Facebook Groups or any Forums. I am always respectful, friendly and try my best to help people gain confidence in modding, collaborate with some very talented people and always give credit where credit is due. I've had some good and some not so good experiences and I hope I have learned from them. Any work I do I document and I'm always honest about my skills. Any feedback I take gladly I try to learn and to get better, always staying humble. In my dreams all I hoped for was to give the community better mods and a better experience.

To GzeroD:

The Alfa Romeo Montreal (1967) 3d model does not have LR Cockpit or LODs for the 3dmodel because Assetto Corsa is nearly 5 years old and the computers of today have significantly higher performance. On my 3 year old PC I run 4K, custom .ini settings to show really crazy details like 16k shadows for example. I run the highest form of AA that I can push through the GFX drivers via Nvidia Inspector tool. I also run VR in 1.5 PPD. I still get over 60FPS in 4K and very smooth VR. So I can imagine a current gen PC or even more so next year will not break into a sweat running my mods. So it's my choice to have max detail. Should this not be acceptable to you please make LR Cockpit or LODs and use these on your server or in your group, Legion, of which you are apparently many. If not you don't have to download my mod there are thousands others out there to choose from. As for you claiming I'm just fixing the wheel blur and making a song and dance about it, that is not cool. Why don't you and anyone interested read my_changelog.pdf to see all the work I have done and refrain from making general insults please. This kind of attitude is not constructive to me or anyone.

My mods have many updates and support from the community and every time someone helps I make sure to thank them and praise them. I never once said any of my work is perfect or it would please everyone. So instead of trying to throw shade on my efforts why don't you actually try to help by contacting me with feedback, fixes and help? That way the whole community benefits and gets a better mod to play with. Apparently you are Legion and you are many. Well then unite to help the independent modders like me that don't have a team and just do this in their spare time with a family, full time job and responsibilities. I think that would be better. :-)

(By the way, I have fixed the mirrors by looking at your version and will be happy to share an update with everyone in the Facebook groups and on my page, even though you obviously did not intend to help me, I thank you for fixing the mirrors issue.)

To everyone else, this is not the first time I've had hate thrown my way because I'm new and have made quite an impact in a relatively short space of time. I was just told by a few friends there was a fix for my version of the Alfa Romeo Montreal (1967) here, came and saw the comments from GzeroD and felt they were unfair. I'm really sorry for the long post. I could not help myself but to say something this time. I may not post again but if anyone wants to message me with feedback or help please contact me here or on Facebook.

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm Dan Bucsa,

Hi Dan, I've been closely following and enjoying your work on FB and even linked your latest Audi on here for people to enjoy. Don't take negative comments personally even though at times it can be hard. Keep doing the great job you are! (I may have a few questions for you soon as I'm reaching my limits on some of the mods I am making ;))

By the way, you can get 3DS Max 2020 for 3 years for free if you are a student 👍

Hi all, I'm Dan Bucsa,

I've only been modding for about 8 months and been releasing my work for 3 months. 20+ years ago I use to use Lightwave and 3dStudio and I just started getting into it again recently. I can not afford 3dsMax so I work with 3DSimED3, trying to learn Blender and I use Paint.net amongst other free or affordable software. I do what I do with love and passion and share without any restrictions and do not ask for anything in return. Since I've been part of the community for over a year I've never said a bad thing about any other modders work on Facebook Groups or any Forums. I am always respectful, friendly and try my best to help people gain confidence in modding, collaborate with some very talented people and always give credit where credit is due. I've had some good and some not so good experiences and I hope I have learned from them. Any work I do I document and I'm always honest about my skills. Any feedback I take gladly I try to learn and to get better, always staying humble. In my dreams all I hoped for was to give the community better mods and a better experience.

To GzeroD:

The Alfa Romeo Montreal (1967) 3d model does not have LR Cockpit or LODs for the 3dmodel because Assetto Corsa is nearly 5 years old and the computers of today have significantly higher performance. On my 3 year old PC I run 4K, custom .ini settings to show really crazy details like 16k shadows for example. I run the highest form of AA that I can push through the GFX drivers via Nvidia Inspector tool. I also run VR in 1.5 PPD. I still get over 60FPS in 4K and very smooth VR. So I can imagine a current gen PC or even more so next year will not break into a sweat running my mods. So it's my choice to have max detail. Should this not be acceptable to you please make LR Cockpit or LODs and use these on your server or in your group, Legion, of which you are apparently many. If not you don't have to download my mod there are thousands others out there to choose from. As for you claiming I'm just fixing the wheel blur and making a song and dance about it, that is not cool. Why don't you and anyone interested read my_changelog.pdf to see all the work I have done and refrain from making general insults please. This kind of attitude is not constructive to me or anyone.

My mods have many updates and support from the community and every time someone helps I make sure to thank them and praise them. I never once said any of my work is perfect or it would please everyone. So instead of trying to throw shade on my efforts why don't you actually try to help by contacting me with feedback, fixes and help? That way the whole community benefits and gets a better mod to play with. Apparently you are Legion and you are many. Well then unite to help the independent modders like me that don't have a team and just do this in their spare time with a family, full time job and responsibilities. I think that would be better. :-)

(By the way, I have fixed the mirrors by looking at your version and will be happy to share an update with everyone in the Facebook groups and on my page, even though you obviously did not intend to help me, I thank you for fixing the mirrors issue.)

To everyone else, this is not the first time I've had hate thrown my way because I'm new and have made quite an impact in a relatively short space of time. I was just told by a few friends there was a fix for my version of the Alfa Romeo Montreal (1967) here, came and saw the comments from GzeroD and felt they were unfair. I'm really sorry for the long post. I could not help myself but to say something this time. I may not post again but if anyone wants to message me with feedback or help please contact me here or on Facebook.

Every modder/modding group gets "hate" thrown their way including VRC, etc. and a I've seen a lot towards Legion's mods in particular. I don't see any of them wining about it. You have your fans like everyone else so try and ignore the "haters". :)

Last edited:
@Dan Bucsa welcome to GT Planet and thank you for sharing your passion and your work.
Looking forward to hear more from you here or on FB.
Keep up the good work, we appreciate your positive attitude and respect of others.
I wish and hope everyone is taking notes and that we will have the same here from everyone from now on, in this friendly and helping GT Planet thread and community.

@Dan Bucsa welcome to GT Planet and thank you for sharing your passion and your work.
Looking forward to hear more from you here or on FB.
Keep up the good work, we appreciate your positive attitude and respect of others.
I wish and hope everyone is taking notes and that we will have the same here from everyone from now on, in this friendly and helping GT Planet thread and community.

So every mod now has to have smoke blown up it's butt?
I'd imagine if people didn't run off to highlight to a modder one post about 'rim blur' then the general tone of the thread should remain largely nice...
It's like you wanted to create some drama...why even tell Dan about one post that really wasn't all that negative anyway?

Hi all, I'm Dan Bucsa,

To GzeroD:

Dan....every modder gets hate from different people. I personally think you do an awesome job on your mods and they are very well thought out. You also take the time to update your stuff , which a lot of modders don't do any more. They just leave their junky crap. Thank you for making some awesome stuff!

Dan....every modder gets hate from different people. I personally think you do an awesome job on your mods and they are very well thought out. You also take the time to update your stuff , which a lot of modders don't do any more. They just leave their junky crap. Thank you for making some awesome stuff!

But he didn't get any 'hate' from anyone....

@Dan Bucsa We seem to have got off on the wrong foot. None of what I said was aimed at you per say, you do quote my second post that explains that.
Over reactions, of which I am certainly guilty of myself, are what cause all the so called 'hate' amongst communities such as ours.

Last edited:
@Dan Bucsa Re Mirrors: Now you are here I'd be happy to help with such things, although I'm sure you've got that particular thing under control now.
Facebook is a cesspool and you do IMHO do your self damage by appearing there. I do have a veiled presence there, but if we are talking over reactions then there is your archetype.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back