Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,913 comments

Posting much earlier than I expected to, but I managed to fix the downshifts, and added more bang to them like you'd actually hear come from the N/A 5.2L V10, though I still have much work to do on the approaching sound despite the changes I made to it (Mostly because I do not have a good source where you really just get to hear it coming towards you and I'm currently looking for that). All-in-All, I think I'm good to shift my focus to fixing the horrendous internals for the time being. Please do tell me what y'all think, can you listen to it now?

Hi mate, thanks for the work you making on, i can share with you a good sample of lambo st, you have any social page or discord?

I created some skins for the Supra in all of the available colours, including the 3 Launch Edition versions with the red wing mirrors. I left the seats red in them all as I wasn't too sure if that is correct or not. I know gladbecker82 and portakal have already created some skins so no offence intended, I just wanted to have a batch of skins to match the actual ones available, or close to them anyway. I didn't spend too long on this so there may be an error or 2, please let me know :)

https://mega.nz/#!kQRAgKqQ!mqxx8LYIdTKNX9I-ahXc24VBmkIoJOWPlr6jWzsKGEk

Thanks mate. I was racing with my made up grid lol. Thanks for the proper skins.
I tried making a fictional Toyota Gazoo Racing livery but couldn't pull it off.
upload_2019-9-26_4-38-57.png

Last edited:
Lancia Stratos Turbo GR5

Originally ported into AC by Legion

Comprehensive Graphics and Physics rebuild by Velo

... Can anyone make a comparison? I can't imagine that it needed a physics rebuild...

... all of Legion's work is still WIP so I'm not sure about this move. A comprehensive graphics and physics rebuild on WIP car?

Looking at the changes made, Velo really has done nearly everything that I had left undone.
I'll backport all the changes I need to my version. A little odd that there will then be two versions.
But like most of my work, they come in collections, so my Group 5 cars are all built to live together.

My work was born of the frustration of driving a track and seeing an alternative layout but not being able to drive it.
Or driving a car, thinking this is great but where's the competition? If I'm in a Porsche I want to be passing Ferraris. etc

Last edited:
Looking at the changes made, Velo really has done nearly everything that I had left undone.

That's good 👍

But there was a better way to go about it other than uploading a whole other version IMO which could have been to drop a data folder, etc. on your blog and say "hey i did this, check it out and feel free to use it". So now his version will be on Assettoland with your old version and then will follow by your new rebuilt version from the backport and then nobody will know anything anymore other than that there is not one, not two but three Lancia Stratos Turbo GR5's to download!

Well, fair is fair and maybe a Legion version of the 2800cs alpina will pop up on your blog someday. Most of the work is done on it except for the physics.

Have had this track for I don't know how long or where it came from (no author), its Automotodrom Grobnik. First time looking at it tonight, awesome layout, fun, fast drive. But it doesn't have any replay cameras, lights, and the back ground is just a big textured wall.

Maybe someone with some track skills would want to tackle it - it would be worth it.
https://mega.nz/#!4ttEhAoS!lT9uWM7yGYY0TwI0qyq-fgCex9hj7oRUIrmOmBZVHII

Screenshot-vrc-arc-chevrette28-aa-grobnik-25-9-119-23-13-54.png

Screenshot-vrc-arc-chevrette28-aa-grobnik-25-9-119-23-16-27.png

Have had this track for I don't know how long or where it came from (no author), its Automotodrom Grobnik. First time looking at it tonight, awesome layout, fun, fast drive. But it doesn't have any replay cameras, lights, and the back ground is just a big textured wall.

I think it might be the 'unfinished' one @gstaraz posted a while ago.
If you want a better Grobnik, here is the Mitja Bonca (v2.71) version. Not perfect either though (some small issues - I have flickering background on one side)

https://mega.nz/#!vfhjXYSZ!Y8jhaI-fZdUj7gVHHRfV1yZr1K-A_NbDfNCjVK7haAM

Lancia Stratos Turbo GR5

Originally ported into AC by Legion

Comprehensive Graphics and Physics rebuild by Velo

UPDATED 24/09/2019

https://www.mediafire.com/file/mfywumkcbtofwku/lancia_stratos_gr5_update.7z/file

lancia%20stratos%20gr5.jpg

I don't use any mods by Velo and I'm away right now and can't test Legions and I don't remember how it is. Can anyone make a comparison? I can't imagine that it needed a physics rebuild...

I'll add that if you've been following along then you would know all of Legion's work is still WIP so I'm not sure about this move. A comprehensive graphics and physics rebuild on WIP car?

I think the Velo version is better this time, especially with the lights. Physics are okay as well, nothing to complain about.
The 3D model is starting to show off it's age, but it still looks acceptable for me.

The skins are only 2k (which is definitely suboptimal) and they have a few historical inaccuracy, so I have started off on the Alitalia one in 8k resolution to make the most out of it.
Since it comes with a number of older brands or logos, I need to recreate in PS from zero to match the 8k resolution in quality, but if all goes well soon it will be ready for release.

WIP, the Alitalia stripes are getting lined up:
__custom_showroom_1569484607.png

I'll backport all the changes I need to my version. A little odd that their will then be two versions.
But like most of my work, they come in collections, so my Group 5 cars are all built to live together.

My work was born of the frustration of driving a track and seeing an alternative layout but not being able to drive it.
Or driving a car, thinking this is great but where's the competition? If I'm in a Porsche I want to be passing Ferraris. etc
Indeed. Like when Kunos decided not to give us a 512M to go with the 917K.

Hi mate, thanks for the work you making on, i can share with you a good sample of lambo st, you have any social page or discord?
I do have a discord if you'd like to reach me, if you want me to send you it, just start up a conversation between us and I'll send you my username and tag.

Quick update. I managed to fix the approaching sound, which sounds much more natural now on throttle. However, the off-throttle hasn't gotten the same kind of result.

On corners that require hard and quick braking, the gearshifts cause the bang to cut off from being too long... :ouch::grumpy: Soooooooo, I have to either find a banging downshift that is shorter, or pretty much just cut it out all together for the front end (I have no problem with the rear ones).

As for the internals, they are coming along much better than expected. A video post will be dropping on that later today and maybe a potential W.I.P Download Tomorrow depending on opinion.

Quick update. I managed to fix the approaching sound, which sounds much more natural now on throttle. However, the off-throttle hasn't gotten the same kind of result.

On corners that require hard and quick braking, the gearshifts cause the bang to cut off from being too long... :ouch::grumpy: Soooooooo, I have to either find a banging downshift that is shorter, or pretty much just cut it out all together for the front end (I have no problem with the rear ones).

As for the internals, they are coming along much better than expected. A video post will be dropping on that later today and maybe a potential W.I.P Download Tomorrow depending on opinion.

yep, or add me TCRluca on discord

Slovakia Ring 1.2
International Circuit Slovakia
The complex meets all FIM and FIA criteria for organising and hosting major international motor sports events, thanks to which SLOVAKIA RING has become the site for global motor sports events on an annual basis including: FIA WTCC, FIA GT Series, ADAC GT Masters, the Grand Prix of Slovakia for road cars and the Alpe Adria Championship.

Lenght of the track 5,922 km/ 3.680 miles
Width of the track 12 m
Length of final straight 900 m
Width of the finish straight 20 m
Direction of the track Clockwise

24 PIT boxes
Replay cameras

Have Fun !

© 2016 Miro Kurek

Link : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/slovakia-ring.8945/Track.jpg

Some cars' headlight beams are too narrow and don't lighten track limits at night. How can I modify them? I want them to light up like LMP cars for night racing.

F1 2008 mod upgrade done, 22 helmets and visors skins reworked, i used some textures by Fabio Contier from an 2008 mod on automobilista found on RD, some other are made by me, all 22 cars shaders are fixed with new AO, Rain light added, some cars skins fixed also ( numbers, propers name driver on cars ), propers cameras set added too, ui, previews fixed and reworked, errors on .acd fixed, shadows fixed, .kn5 fixed ( physics match with 3d cars, red bull and toro rosso specially ) others adjustements and improvments in all cars...
Note : rim blur are disabled for the moment and are not fixed, glow disc issues not fixed because of bad objects used for discs for all cars...
If you have already buy the mod, i can provide a link to my ugraded version in p.m only :)
View attachment 845216View attachment 845217 View attachment 845218 View attachment 845219 View attachment 845221 View attachment 845222 View attachment 845223 View attachment 845224 View attachment 845225 View attachment 845226 View attachment 845227

link on PM ? THANKS

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back