Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,942 comments
Slighty ot. But after I had 10 minutes with it in a rally cross car in DIRT2.0, I couldn't help to think about the 'rally'stuff in AC. I know their different titles, physics - everything, but after driving some laps, I just deleted everything associated with 'rally' in AC.

What a blast :crazy:
If you watch this and think you aint missing anything, oohh boy. :D
Cheers!

https://sharemods.com/254lmqzr3rcl/ap_300_slr_trackday.7z.html

Original: AssettoPedia
Updated v1.1 19.12.2019 by Assetto-fr.tk
- Add LOD 1 2 3 (reduced CPU usage)
- Fix Bug Glass texture
- Fix collider.kn5 and colliders.ini
- Fix F6 camera

preview.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
https://sharemods.com/254lmqzr3rcl/ap_300_slr_trackday.7z.html

Original: AssettoPedia
Updated v1.1 19.12.2019 by Assetto-fr.tk
- Add LOD 1 2 3 (reduced CPU usage)
- Fix Bug Glass texture
- Fix collider.kn5 and colliders.ini
- Fix F6 camera

preview.jpg
Very nice updates - thanks!
I removed the passenger-side tonneau cover in 3DSimEd (as it's just a thin sheet of metal that Assettopedia added, I think, and doesn't fit the bodywork very well, so looks a little odd in VR) but the car now won't load. I exported it out as a kn5 with the same file name, replaced the original in the car folder etc.
I guess it might be a clash with the existing lods maybe? Anyone have any ideas? Maybe I deleted the tonneau incorrectly, or exported it incorrectly or something. It was a bit of an experiment, my first blind fumble with actually editing a model with 3DSimEd rather that simple texture replacements. The tonneau has gone if I redo the car previews...

merc.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Your post raised my hopes for serious gains so I ran a before/after comparison hot-lapping the Kunos Abarth 500* at midday, VR cockpit view, and I'm actually getting worse frame rates with the new version for some reason. I can't really understand it.
On the original track (yes, with all kn5s active) I average 44fps. This translates to a relatively smooth experience with ASW active for most of the lap with just a few areas of slowdown where ASW isn't active and frame rates aren't aided.
With this new version the average framerate is 43.6 (so not a lot of difference), but almost all of the track is obviously running without ASW as it's a judderfest for almost the entire lap.
Just wondering how your FR is doubled whereas mine is actually worse.

The new lighting in the tunnel looks phenomenal though..! ;)

*the Abarth 500 with its short wheelbase isn't a great choice for a track this bumpy, lol.
uh oh. ok so maybe im misremembering my performance on old rio then. i didnt do a before and after back to back like you did. im just going off of memory from when i tried rio a month or two ago. so maybe im wrong and its the same exact performance but maybe my settings back then were not optimized. i used to run all stuff on maximum with 1.6 pixel per eye. but i couldn't race opponents with settings like that so i turned all of it way way down. especially alot of CSP stuff , no extra FX and stuff like that anymore.

Ps. does the road feel more bumpy to you than normal? i dont remember it being quite this bad. my cars are hopping around corners like a rabbit

uh oh. ok so maybe im misremembering my performance on old rio then. i didnt do a before and after back to back like you did. im just going off of memory from when i tried rio a month or two ago. so maybe im wrong and its the same exact performance but maybe my settings back then were not optimized. i used to run all stuff on maximum with 1.6 pixel per eye. but i couldn't race opponents with settings like that so i turned all of it way way down. especially alot of CSP stuff , no extra FX and stuff like that anymore.

Ps. does the road feel more bumpy to you than normal? i dont remember it being quite this bad. my cars are hopping around corners like a rabbit
Here's the old track if you fancy doing a before/after. I'd be interested in your results. You can also compare the bumpiness, but I don't think anything's changed there, it's always been bumpy.
https://sharemods.com/6qvfooj5ng5n/rio_0.1.rar.html
You might well get much better performance with the new one, I might be CPU or GPU bound whereas you are not, having a much stronger system.

Here's the old track if you fancy doing a before/after. I'd be interested in your results. You can also compare the bumpiness, but I don't think anything's changed there, it's always been bumpy.
https://sharemods.com/6qvfooj5ng5n/rio_0.1.rar.html
thank you!, also did you figure out that issue with your car? i just got done watching like a 14 part series about 3dsimed and 3dsmax i just got 3dsmax last night. i think you are right about the lods being an issue. when i adjusted my car in 3dsimed i had to overwrite all the lods to get it to work. after i overwrote the original kn5 i was told to delete the HR cockpit object then save the cockpitless car as a lod and overwrite all the lods with it.

thank you!, also did you figure out that issue with your car? i just got done watching like a 14 part series about 3dsimed and 3dsmax i just got 3dsmax last night. i think you are right about the lods being an issue. when i adjusted my car in 3dsimed i had to overwrite all the lods to get it to work. after i overwrote the original kn5 i was told to delete the HR cockpit object then save the cockpitless car as a lod and overwrite all the lods with it.
No, couldn't work it out. Even tried deleting the lods and the config.
I had to revert to the backup kn5.
I probably did something wrong when exporting the car from 3DSimEd.

@Masscot Is there a way to have both the reworked and the original Rio tracks installed. Is it a case of just renaming one of them Rio Old (or is that too bloody simple)

@Masscot Is there a way to have both the reworked and the original Rio tracks installed. Is it a case of just renaming one of them Rio Old (or is that too bloody simple)
Rename the track folder, rename the main kn5 the same, and rename the [MODEL_0] reference the same in any models.ini.
I think that's it (from fading memory, lol).

nobody wanted me to post this: Rio v0.3 http://www.mediafire.com/file/8psblsfhn3vh3v9/rio_v0.3.7z
-rio.kn5 - optimized and added walls
-rio2.kn5 - smaller textures
-groove.kn5 - adjusted skidmark height
-unpack to AC folder (NOT directly into ac\content\tracks)
-still very heavy, includes light config
-after install (to avoid strange things) move "rio.ini" and "rio__lights.kn5" from
"extension\config\tracks\" to
"extension\config\tracks\loaded\"
Thank you so much for your work! Can you take a look at the Prague track? It also needs optimization or at least a lighting file.:gtplanet:

From FB, a very nice RHD M4 Comp Pack by Tony Cooke, based on his own car:

80808574_10158118474702755_1264397307760082944_o.jpg

(note: audio has a fault right now and needs swapping with, say, the Kunos M4 or GUERILLA Mods M4 GT4 first)

BMW M4CP RHD V1.3
Change log
Exterior
1. Front canards
2. New larger rear diffuser (similar to mine)
3. 'Competition' badge added rear (as per my car)
Interior
1. New M Sport wheel (similar to my wheel)
2. Carbon gear shift and surround
3. AC Schnitzer pedals (as per my car)
4. Full Silverstone leather interior
5. Samsung tablet in centre console (as per my car. Runs perf data etc. Just for show in the model)
6. Warning lights: Traction off light, Traction light, headlight, tyre pressure, handbrake light, Engine and oil pressure lights on dash.
7. HEVAC digital display on AC panel (day and night)
8. Updated iDrive screen
Dynamics/Performance
1. Suspension tweaks (less understeer, tweaked ARBs front and rear, ability to adust ride height)
2. Engine tweaks (removed one turbo to give better throttle response), lowered power slightly (actually makes it drive better).
3. New tyres: Street, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2, Pirelli Trofeo R, Slicks. The Michelins are good all round performance tyres, the Trofeo are great track tyres and the slicks give best fast laps.
It uses the Casual Driver skin pack from gergerger on Racedepartment. If you want to change it, look in the skin.ini in the skins>San_Marino_Blue folder.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/casual-driver-skinpack.20666/
I'd say this is 90% as close to my real M4 now both in looks and handling/performance. Still good for a 7:05 around the Tourist Nordschliefe. The 0-60, 1/4 mile and half mile times are within a nanosecond of my own car! And subjectively, it 'feels' right.
For sound, I'd recommend tying it to the GUERILLA Mods newly released M4 GT4 as that is pretty much spot on.
Please let me know if there are any issues.
https://mega.nz/#!FvYARQgT!KiL05zVe7fS8noVGXaXCW2ZB_qNDQyyut1qGnBmTWYQ

These are amazing. One even has the properly-modelled tonneau that I've been trying to remove from the AP car.
They both feel very floaty and imprecise after driving the AP though...

Floaty and imprecise you say - looks like that's how it is in RL ;)

Last edited:
They both feel very floaty and imprecise after driving the AP though...
The AP are too much precise... even if my knowledge is 0 about my real life for driving these cars !
I readed a lot since my childhood about cars, planes and engineering and AP is false... but right for enjoying easily and virtually these "classic" and legendary cars.

@Fanapryde is right but we can't blame AP to favorize the "easy" drive.
On the other side, I did some cleaning in my AC and I drove a car (Year 1966 with the letter J at the beginning) which was totally in the "Grand-Prix Legends syndrom", well known as "If It's really hard, physics are good !".
I erased it, mechanics got some logical things, this car was far of this.

;)

Last edited:
Floaty and imprecise you say - looks like that's how it is in RL

Oh, absolutely, I'm not expecting on-rails precision from vintage engineering but somewhere a little closer to the AP car just 'seems' appropriate. These were race cars, after all. Cross-ply tyres weren't great but the weren't just inner tubes either... ;)

Oh, absolutely, I'm not expecting on-rails precision from vintage engineering but somewhere a little closer to the AP car just 'seems' appropriate. These were race cars, after all. Cross-ply tyres weren't great but the weren't just inner tubes either... ;)

I forgot to stick a wink at the end of my post, and to be fair I haven't actually driven the AP one or the new one yet lol, but if it's anything like the 250 TS that was released a few days ago it'll be fun but sketchy.
Hope these haven't got ABS lol

nobody wanted me to post this: Rio v0.3 http://www.mediafire.com/file/8psblsfhn3vh3v9/rio_v0.3.7z
-rio.kn5 - optimized and added walls
-rio2.kn5 - smaller textures
-groove.kn5 - adjusted skidmark height
-unpack to AC folder (NOT directly into ac\content\tracks)
-still very heavy, includes light config
-after install (to avoid strange things) move "rio.ini" and "rio__lights.kn5" from
"extension\config\tracks\" to
"extension\config\tracks\loaded\"

That gained me some fps 👍

'Old': 69,1 AVG and 60,2 MIN
New: 77,3 AVG and 67,7 MIN

Edit: at night I get even more average fps:
83,5 AVG, while MIN is a bit less: 63,5

Same car and same conditions obviously.
Tunnel lights are nice !

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back