Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,923 comments
nobody wanted me to post this: Prag v0.2 <http://www.mediafire.com/file/xe9w1g46ijhztcs/prague_v0.2.7z>
-2 layouts+both reverse=4 in total, 24 working pits, optimzed, vao-patches, light config
-still todo: cameras, better ai lines, dynamic objects, more lights (chances are nobody does not do that)
-unpack to "ac\content\tracks" folder or drag into CM window - do fresh install!
Have Fun!
p4.png

nobody wanted me to post this: Prag v0.2 <http://www.mediafire.com/file/xe9w1g46ijhztcs/prague_v0.2.7z>
-2 layouts+both reverse=4 in total, 24 working pits, optimzed, vao-patches, light config
-still todo: cameras, better ai lines, dynamic objects, more lights (chances are nobody does not do that)
-unpack to "ac\content\tracks" folder or drag into CM window - do fresh install!
Have Fun!
View attachment 875250
Brilliant! Please pass my thanks on to our mysterious benefactor 'nobody'. He (or she!) is doing God's work with these Forza conversions.
Hopefully he (or she!) has Maple Valley on their radar for much-needed improvements, as this track is held with great affection by Forza fans throughout the world yet currently runs like a one-legged dog.

Edit: just noticed at Prague that some of the white-ish road bricks seem to make a sound like gravel when you go over them..?

Last edited:
@GzeroD

Indianapolis has many holes in the infield layout.
I'm trying to update the track textures, but I wish it was 100% functional before continuing my work.
Thanks in advandce.

nobody wanted me to post this: Prag v0.2

Thank team nobody from me 👍

I have a question though (and since I have a couple of other tracks where I noticed the same 'issue', it could well be one of my settings...):
At night, the light sources start shedding their beams only shortly before I am at the spot, so I get lights appearing constantly, sometimes even twice.
When I back up the car, light beams are out again.
So it is a constant on/off. I guess it's not because of upcoming X-mas when flickering lights are common ? :lol:
Any idea what could cause this ?

And talking about flickering: in town these Microsofts are affected:

flickering.png

What sort of performance gains are people getting with the new Prague?

I''m getting an extra 10-15fps on my crappy system. FFB is much better on the new version. Also getting that weird wooshing sound when driving on the white stuff

I''m getting an extra 10-15fps on my crappy system. FFB is much better on the new version. Also getting that weird wooshing sound when driving on the white stuff
I need to check my settings and see what's holding me back. I'm only getting about 3fps more with Prague and worse performance that before with the updated Rio. Something ain't right.

I need to check my settings and see what's holding me back. I'm only getting about 3fps more with Prague and worse performance that before with the updated Rio. Something ain't right.

Yeah there must be something causing that. Maybe it's a VR thing as I'm not using VR. I don't think I got the best performance on the new Rio though but as I said, my system ain't the best and i do run it at 1440p when I should probably use 1080 for better fps.

Have Fun!
View attachment 875250

What sort of performance gains are people getting with the new Prague?
I'm getting only 5-10 fps increase for Prague. I guess that's better than nothing. The Rio update did not provide any gains for me. :( Running single monitor and no VR.

@Masscot @MrB00 -- To remove the washing/sand sound, you can edit the surface.ini config in each layout's data folder. It's [SURFACE_3] FOOTWAY section in the config file. You'll notice "WAV=sand.wav." Change it to WAV=kerb.wav. It was probably a copy and paste error.

I'm getting only 5-10 fps increase for Prague. I guess that's better than nothing. The Rio update did not provide any gains for me. :( Running single monitor and no VR.

@Masscot @MrB00 -- To remove the washing/sand sound, you can edit the surface.ini config in each layout's data folder. It's [SURFACE_3] FOOTWAY section in the config file. You'll notice "WAV=sand.wav." Change it to WAV=kerb.wav. It was probably a copy and paste error.

Thank you :cheers:

for me it was before 40-60fps, now its 60-80fps (and even more), and i have no flickering with patch v0.1.35 and neither without patch
Yeah, it seems to depend on the used system and how it relates to certain tracks. I had massive improvements after some optimising on some tracks, where others told me the fps gain was marginal on their setup (and the other way around).
Anyway, Prague is certainly driveable for me.
Wonder what settings I can try to get rid of the flickering ads though (I'm also on CSP v0.1.35), and the 'popping' light beams... ?

If you say that cybertruck are really bad, I bet you gonna say that cybertruck is actually good. I may not fans of Tesla, but I understand why elon make cybertruck like that. Because u don't need a make hard curve. That would be a cost cut cheaper. And the paint, you don't need to protect your paint, because why you need to if you had cybertruck. They don't have a paint. Only silver aluminium. And don't forget the solar panel. :)
face it it looks ugly. Worse than this.
Chevrolet_SSR.jpg

maybe reset patch settings, for both popping lights and flickering:
delete all files in "...\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension"
(you could make a backup before)
Thanks for thinking along. I had high hopes, but it did not resolve the popping / flickering...

for me it was before 40-60fps, now its 60-80fps (and even more), and i have no flickering with patch v0.1.35 and neither without patch

Hmmm I have just gained a massive increase with the new Prague. Avg before 49FPS, new AVG 87. I didn't notice any flickering where @Fanapryde mentioned but I did further along the track, as if the textures on these boards are double faced:

Last edited:
If you say that cybertruck are really bad, I bet you gonna say that cybertruck is actually good. I may not fans of Tesla, but I understand why elon make cybertruck like that. Because u don't need a make hard curve. That would be a cost cut cheaper. And the paint, you don't need to protect your paint, because why you need to if you had cybertruck. They don't have a paint. Only silver aluminium. And don't forget the solar panel. :)

Nope, it's bad. I'm not into the whole Tesla design ethos. I understand why they are built that way, but they are not what I'd call good looking vehicles.

@dragster666 That is beyond Ugly. Makes me feel :ill: looking at it

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back