Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,923 comments
R3E

80109165_2939027389449192_4112715946546692096_o.png
Not to get too off topic, but this is perfect timing for me. Been away from sim racing for a month because of Football Manager 2020. Spent this past week getting caught up with new AC mods, and now it’s time to test the new R3E content and version update. Loving the updates so far!

Yeah, it seems to depend on the used system and how it relates to certain tracks. I had massive improvements after some optimising on some tracks, where others told me the fps gain was marginal on their setup (and the other way around).
Anyway, Prague is certainly driveable for me.
Wonder what settings I can try to get rid of the flickering ads though (I'm also on CSP v0.1.35), and the 'popping' light beams... ?
I didn’t have the flickering ads. Sorry mate, it might be just you. Interesting that Prague is giving different user experiences. I wish I had much higher FPS increase like others. But Prague is still drive-able.

Really pleased for those people getting good gains with the recent optimisations (and huge kudos to nobody for implementing them) because it gives me hope that I'll somehow be able to unlock them.

Maybe people who have got the biggest gains can post pictures of their content manager settings.
EG extra fx or video settings so @Masscot and others can compare to see if anything is different/worth trying.

I have a simple(?) modding idea and also kind of a request.

Can anyone make a 918 without electric engines and batteries?
  • lighten it 120kg's (up to 180kgs, may be 200?) for two electric engines and 6,8kWh batteries,
  • make it 608ps just like porsche claims for its ICE (or better make a setting that it has no electric power at any times),
  • may be higher the center of gravity a bit (2cm?)
what do you say? Is it too much, bad idea, hard to do? thanks.

edit: well, of course first method I'm talking is using assetto corsa car tuner.

let me remind it for one more time for those who didn't see it. guys I need a little bit of a help or even idea and I think this is the best place to ask for.

Maybe people who have got the biggest gains can post pictures of their content manager settings.
EG extra fx or video settings so @Masscot and others can compare to see if anything is different/worth trying.

Would be too many screenshots to post in here really. Basically for me, all AC graphics settings at max 1440p. In CM I have flatten meshes and optimise draw order checked, no extra FX (only really use that for screenshots), grass FX checked and pretty much everything else is default as far as I remember. Latest SOL and CSP too. More than welcome to take to PM and see if there's anything obvious holding things back.

Would be too many screenshots to post in here really. Basically for me, all AC graphics settings at max 1440p. In CM I have flatten meshes and optimise draw order checked, no extra FX (only really use that for screenshots), grass FX checked and pretty much everything else is default as far as I remember. Latest SOL and CSP too. More than welcome to take to PM and see if there's anything obvious holding things back.

Yeah that's true. Maybe we should just have a new thread for content manager settings.
I'm alright as far as settings go, my system ain't the best right now but I'm happy to just mess about with things to gain a few frames here and there. At least my game is playable on most tracks....just those badly optimised ones give me problems. But i'm not the only one and that goes for people with much better systems than mine lol.

@leBluem

A little visualisation to show the issue: a little sequence in a very short distance showing lights suddenly appear (and also disappear):

pop1.png

pop2.png

pop3.png

pop4.png

pop5.png

Pictures are clear I think, but it is more obvious when driving by.
This is just an example, it happens all along the track (where lights are).

:cheers:
I've had this on my Steam for a while because it was free, but never committed to buying any.

I just did a few races with one of the formula cars, then some DTM and GT3....I'm finding it to be really good.

For me it is a good opportunity to spend time a twin motegi with a bunch of cars I do not own. After AC and ACC, R3E is my third favorite SIM. You only need to buy one car to participate to a complete series grid of AI.

maybe reset patch settings, for both popping lights and flickering:
delete all files in "...\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension"
(you could make a backup before)

Thanks, i fix clipping, flickering with mmy profil Reshjade RT:

in case of update of Sol, CSP, reshade, etc, it is practically necessary to start from zero

(en cas de mise à jour de Sol, CSP, reshade, etc, il faut pratiquement repartir de zero)

Last edited:
I tried Tesla_Cybertruck from Sim Dream and the impression is not bad.
The weight of the car is well felt, and the grip is well controlled.
In general, not bad, but the appearance is an amateur.

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 41
I tried Tesla_Cybertruck from Sim Dream and the impression is not bad.
The weight of the car is well felt, and the grip is well controlled.
In general, not bad, but the appearance is an amateur.

Yeah I've heard Simdream stuff is a bit hit and miss when it comes to quality and physics.

Lienz reworked - Festival der Geschwindigkeit

Update v1.75
https://sharemods.com/um5fqtk9kghl/lienz_reworked_v1.75.7z.html

credits:
original track from SimBim for rFactor
gilles75 - conversion
Sliderman - reworked it
nobody - optimized and illuminated it
Fanapryde, Mascot and norms - testing
Mike08 - added skin

Installation:
just extract all from package into AC main folder

To improve even more fps, rename or move away/delete lienz_reworked_new_crowd and/or the different trees kn5 files or edit models.ini to disable loading these files.

norms tested the different tree kn5 files and renaming/deleting lienz_reworked_02_trees_a.kn5, lienz_reworked_04_trees_c.kn5 and lienz_reworked_05_trees_d.kn5 will give you the most fps improvements, but you got less immersion without all the trees on the mountains. You should try renaming/deleting first one file after the other and see if get just enough fps, before renaming/deleting them all at once. :)

upload_2019-12-22_15-21-20.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back