Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,917 comments
I get the feeling you're not a fan of rF2.

IMO, rF2 is a more gnarly, hardcore, white-knuckle experience when comparing it to AC. Check spa '66 vs. Belgium '66 (same track) with F1 Legends '67 or the new Lotus Cortina on Riverside short or Watkins classic vs. the TCL Lotus Cortina MK1 as I did hot lapping today. Both are great but AC is like child's play compared to rF2.

I'm thankful for the R3E free weekend as now that game is off my radar. I put in maybe 90 minutes yesterday and it was awesome in every aspect but I have no desire to go back to it for free or buy it for that matter. Not sure what it is about it. AC kind of ruins every other game in a good way with the constant mods coming out, CSP, etc. I think I'm spoiled by it all and just feel limited with games that are not mod friendly.

Last edited:
hi guys....i did a new installation of AC and CM, never I used CSP before, and now I installed it, but something gone wrong...can somebody help me? I think that the lights should be more wide....

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
heres a pretty huge Revision of my T16 hillclimb, so this is V.99 now i had alot of help from toon with feedback. tires/suspention/slight display/ gears/and fuel tank/fuel economy revisions. and a few more things. biggest thing was suspension and damping+ tire compounds. each compound is very unique both in how they heat up/hold temps and how they behave
https://mega.nz/#!xQ8HhAZT!a0zFJ6miPMxYQUzP-tsUjpdPoBV13hfuUWR4MUex-vY

Edit: .......:(...... just realized there is a capital letter in the name (Toon) my bad guys ill fix it in 1.0

Last edited:
hey do you guys have any idea how realistic the DRM revival pack is? i bought it and the cars are unreal hard to drive. one of them i was sliding just trying to turn at 30mph and this is a full blown race car we are talking about. i feel like a pickup truck irl could turn without sliding at 30mph. maybe it was just the porsche i picked that drives like that idk

also random side note, check out this map of shuto expressway i found on their discord. really gives you a sense of scale
60d302a3b1f52953a804e79565b69abf.jpg

Last edited:
hey do you guys have any idea how realistic the DRM revival pack is? i bought it and the cars are unreal hard to drive. one of them i was sliding just trying to turn at 30mph and this is a full blown race car we are talking about. i feel like a pickup truck irl could turn without sliding at 30mph. maybe it was just the porsche i picked that drives like that idk
Try legion's update for the DRM pack. But the cars will still be a handfull, especially on cold tires and brakes.

I have found this on Youtube. And I am glad that we have some of these tracks for Assetto Corsa (sorry for the stupid preview pic):

Motodrom Gelsenkirchen
Grenzlandring
Old Mettet
Old Monza Banking - KUNOS original
Old Hockenheim - Race Department
Pescara
Norisring - SandroX + Rainmaker
Roskilde Ring
Sitges-Terramar - Legion
AVUS - Legion

I have found this on Youtube. And I am glad that we have some of these tracks for Assetto Corsa (sorry for the stupid preview pic):

Motodrom Gelsenkirchen
Grenzlandring
Old Mettet
Pescara
Roskilde Ring
Sitges-Terramar - Legion
AVUS - Legion

Updated your list with one :)

Motodrom Gelsenkirchen
Grenzlandring
Old Mettet
Pescara
Roskilde Ring - Sergio Loro
Sitges-Terramar - Legion
AVUS - Legion

Fana beat me to it :P

Picked up ACC in the last couple days and like it pretty good. But after messing around with R3E since yesterday, I'd say I like it better than ACC.

You can run really high resolution and settings at 60fps. They have everything highly optimized. Can run large grids of cars too.

I think it's very well thought out and executed for doing custom races. AI is good as well.

Oh, and Crewchief works with it too...which adds a lot in itself. They even say the drivers names.

Cote Dazur I Agree about Motegi....that was like visiting an old friend.
Optimization is hit or miss. It has terrible performance with larger grids on my system (Ryzen 5 2600 & RX 5700 XT). ACC performs a lot better for me while looking, handling a lot more realistic and with AI that doesn't do far as many stupid things as in R3E. I gave up on R3E until some big revision comes up.

Edit: .......:(...... just realized there is a capital letter in the name (Toon) my bad guys ill fix it in 1.0
Car drives well.
As for the name: it's not only the capital T, but the name is also too long.
I changed it to peugeot_208t16_rework_toon, then replaced the sound with the one from the previous version and all is fine.

according to @leBluem:
max length for track (folder-)name: 32
max length for additional layout name: 15
max length for car (folder-)name: 32
all lowercase, latin-digits-underscore, NO utf8- or fancy characters like é or something

Speaking of which, which things within CSP use up the most CPU? (Asking for a friend...)

I think it is time to start an own thread only for CSP related stuff and the content manager settings. Since I miss the info boxes what which setting does actually I think it would be good to gather some expert stuff in there. First thread topic would be ExtraFX I guess?

Here is the link:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/content-manager-settings-csp-related-only.391459/

Would anyone be able to upload original sfx files for the Alfa Romeo Stradale 33? I picked it to race on the new Fonteny as recommended by Masscot over at RD but have no sound!!!

Would anyone be able to upload original sfx files for the Alfa Romeo Stradale 33? I picked it to race on the new Fonteny as recommended by Masscot over at RD but have no sound!!!

Here you go: https://mega.nz/#!6eBgGQBI!RE_m20W82zEieSVOaL4y27kJxOf61Fl5wpp6HeCEX7Y

Do an integry check over steam which restores the original bank file.

Works also, but I hate doing that, because it forces me to remove tons of cars and liveries afterwards (I have - almost - no street cars installed)

Hope you like it. For me it's a great combo, this car is an absolute thrill to drive on the limit around the blind apexes at Fonteny, double de-clutching and heel-and-toeing with the h-gate.

Legion Indianapolis Speedway update:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0n7tjp8phi5pmai/indianapolis_sp_ver_1.1.rar/file

RELEASES AND UPDATES v1.1:
- New Tarmac Tex
- New Tyrewall Tex
- New Gravel Tex
- Materials Fix: curbs, walls, grandstands, buildings, track edges
- New Trees
- Hole in the road course layout fixed (by GzeroD)
- Surfaces file updated (data)
- Lighting file uddated (data)
- Working Grass FX (extension file included)
- VAO file included

@GzeroD
In the oval layout there is a problem with the AI (pit_lane.ai not working properly?). Cars do not pass through the pit lane when they need to refuel. Can you fix it?

Is there a volunteer to make track cameras? it would be nice to complete the package.
I'm also working on other updates for Indianapolis, see you later. :cheers:

Legion Indianapolis Speedway update:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0n7tjp8phi5pmai/indianapolis_sp_ver_1.1.rar/file

RELEASES AND UPDATES v1.1:
- New Tarmac Tex
- New Tyrewall Tex
- New Gravel Tex
- Materials Fix: curbs, walls, grandstands, buildings, track edges
- New Trees
- Hole in the road course layout fixed (by GzeroD)
- Surfaces file updated (data)
- Lighting file uddated (data)
- Working Grass FX (extension file included)
- VAO file included

@GzeroD
In the oval layout there is a problem with the AI (pit_lane.ai not working properly?). Cars do not pass through the pit lane when they need to refuel. Can you fix it?

Is there a volunteer to make track cameras? it would be nice to complete the package.
I'm also working on other updates for Indianapolis, see you later. :cheers:
Basic cams on RD https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/indianapolis_sp-cams-legion.176767/#post-3090288

Thanks for the update to the track!

Last edited:
Here you go: https://mega.nz/#!6eBgGQBI!RE_m20W82zEieSVOaL4y27kJxOf61Fl5wpp6HeCEX7Y

Works also, but I hate doing that, because it forces me to remove tons of cars and liveries afterwards (I have - almost - no street cars installed)

Since I back up all my car and track files occasionally, I simply move their folders to an external HD, then run an integrity check, move the desired files to the external HD, delete the unwanted files (i.e., most of the street cars), then move the whole lot back to the AC installation.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back